Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279069 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
excellentmomma:

Sorry dear, I'm just wondering the next clinic to try, my first ivf in The bridge failed, 2nd failed
Sorry momma.
From my lil know what from 3 failed cycles, I'll ask, do u think it was hospital incompetence abi what? Cos u need to sort that out before u go and dash another hospital money
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry momma.
From my lil know what from 3 failed cycles, I'll ask, do u think it was hospital incompetence abi what? Cos u need to sort that out before u go and dash another hospital money

I need a clinic that can investigate and know why
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
oviasouth:
good morning all, its been a while i posted but i still read and get updated with everyone's posts. am sorry for those that had bfn's and suffered losses........its a matter of time and every of our dreams will come to pass.
i want to use this opportunity to testify on the goodness of God upon my life. even when i lost all hope and felt God was not there-but he's always there. he know's best and makes all things beautiful in its time. i got my bfp from my 5th ivf for those who dont knw my story. 1st ivf-bfp(miscarriage), 2nd, 3rd(BFN), 4th-no fertilisation. i thought my world had crumbled and things were getting worse since i dint even get to ET.mind you everyone said i was so young(27yrs) so y was it not working out. God turned my captivity around in the 5th cycle and i got my bfp-that is not the end of story oh...........i like to talk about diagnosis since i used to be interested when people get their bfp's to know their physical challenges cos it gives hope to those with similar issues.i was diagnosed with endometriosis and adenomyosis also low count for dh. am sorry for the long post but am not finished yet coz after bfp some other stories followed which i feel will be helpful to others. will be right back.

Congrats dear, I also hv endo

Did u do laparoscopy b4 d ivf?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
tontolo:
Pls nobody should go to trucare, the doctor is very egoistic, the procedure is also very expensive, they don't give you actual bill but keep introducing small bill, i did ivf icsi along side a friend in march, both got unexplained low 1 quality embryo from 9 good eggs. I paid about 1.2m for all their extortion. The doctor was rude at the end of it all and very unsympathetic. They care more about your wallet and always want more than one cycle with them. pls be warned.

Wao, thanks for this info o, and I wanted to go there o, 'cos of their blast transfers. And my friend now have 2 babies from 2cycles there.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
inwangobio:
My most humourous sister Safe06, we don miss u die. Where have you been? It is well with you.
Beauty4ashes just keep calm. My wife was four months gone when she was still being referred to as a 'man'. Please relax for God will turn things around for you. You must testify. Go and enjoy yourself and happy anniversary.

Good day sir, congrats on ur story, so inspiring. I sent u a mail, pls Fetilaid (Dr Shuaibu) does he do blastocyte transfer? My day 3 failed, and I have endometriosis so from what I read up I understand a blast xfer gives us with endo more chances. I wanted to use Trucare for that reason but @ tontolo 's advise against them is making me re-think. A rude doc in this journey is bad already. thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
I'm glad this tread is still active. kudos to all active mama's who come to help out with questions

I've not been around for a while, congrats to the new mothers. Testimonies will continue to flow and none shall be left behind in Jesus name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by elvis1900: 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
If you are in PH.. you can you try Bridge Stone hospital
excellentmomma:

I need a clinic that can investigate and know why
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 7:07am On Jun 07, 2016
excellentmomma:

Good day sir, congrats on ur story, so inspiring. I sent u a mail, pls Fetilaid (Dr Shuaibu) does he do blastocyte transfer? My day 3 failed, and I have endometriosis so from what I read up I understand a blast xfer gives us with endo more chances. I wanted to use Trucare for that reason but @ tontolo 's advise against them is making me re-think. A rude doc in this journey is bad already. thanks

georges lekki perform day 5 transfer, though my dw had a bfn.
methinks the decision to go all the way to day 5 is based on the nos of fertilized embryos, in our case we had 13,

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:48am On Jun 07, 2016
excellentmomma:

Sorry about that . Rip is correct. If one has a small number of embies and/or low quality itt would be unwise to do a 5 day transfer.
Did u go on a Long Zoladex protocol for the Endo before the IVF? Discuss that option with ur Doc for any next cycle. Zolly reduced the bulk of my enemies' adeno by 4cm plus in 2 months.
I'm using OliveBranch (Dr Emeka) and they also do 5 day blast transfer. As a matter of fact, most clinics do it

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks @LadyG, Ripvan and Elvis, I appreciate, I don't want to hold on to d past but after bleeding heavily for 5days I did a home test today with the hcg strip and still getting 2lines, when is the hcg supposed to clear, any idea? Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
excellentmomma:
Thanks @LadyG, Ripvan and Elvis, I appreciate, I don't want to hold on to d past but after bleeding heavily for 5days I did a home test today with the hcg strip and still getting 2lines, when is the hcg supposed to clear, any idea? Thanks

Around 10 days of transfers but before the 14th day because most hospitals test between 14th to 16th day of transfers. Do I believe the wait is to allow the hcg clear off. Ivf is just a roller coaster journey.

OTHERS HAVE CONQUERED ........
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 4:54am On Jun 08, 2016
wonyi:

Around 10 days of transfers but before the 14th day because most hospitals test between 14th to 16th day of transfers. Do I believe the wait is to allow the hcg clear off. Ivf is just a roller coaster journey.

OTHERS HAVE CONQUERED ........

U didn't get my question, I got a positive and lost it 'cos I started bleeding on day 17 after xfer, for 5days, infact a heavy clot came out, I feel that was the whole thing washing out. Now I've stopped bleeding (my period) and tested again with the hcg home test strip and still got two lines, so my question is this: after loosing the preggars now, when is the hcg supposed to wear out? Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 7:13am On Jun 08, 2016
excellentmomma:

I got a positive and lost it 'cos I started bleeding on day 17 after xfer, for 5days, infact a heavy clot came out, I feel that was the whole thing washing out. Now I've stopped bleeding (my period) and tested again with the hcg home test strip and still got two lines, so my question is this: after loosing the preggars now, when is the hcg supposed to wear out? Thanks
I would suggest you go to any good lab around you and do a blood test. I've read cases of multiple pregnancy where one embryo couldn't stay and washes away in form of period. Maybe God willing you are still pregnant.
Please quickly do a blood test and confirm so you can continue with your progesterone.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:59am On Jun 08, 2016
excellentmomma:

U didn't get my question, I got a positive and lost it 'cos I started bleeding on day 17 after xfer, for 5days, infact a heavy clot came out, I feel that was the whole thing washing out. Now I've stopped bleeding (my period) and tested again with the hcg home test strip and still got two lines, so my question is this: after loosing the preggars now, when is the hcg supposed to wear out? Thanks

don't really know but the hormone may linger for a while

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2016
Anewdawn:

I would suggest you go to any good lab around you and do a blood test. I've read cases of multiple pregnancy where one embryo couldn't stay and washes away in form of period. Maybe God willing you are still pregnant.
Please quickly do a blood test and confirm so you can continue with your progesterone.

Yeah I have seen such a case.the woman bled heavily and after the bleeding stopped she removed her mind. After a while she started feeling the pregnant. She gave birth to a lovely girl January

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
Anewdawn:

That's why I need to know how long the hcg can stay, I did and they asked me to repeat test after two weeks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
excellentmomma:

That's why I need to know how long the hcg can stay, I did and they asked me to repeat test after two weeks.
Was it also positive? If it was, then I can guess you're pregnant. Pls continue your progesterone. But still repeat the test. I've heard about your type of case happen severally trust me. God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
excellentmomma:

do a blood test, its the most conclusive test, do them 3days apart, if the hcg level is still increasing from the 2 tests, then u r still preggy,another embryo might still b in there, i think a count of 7000 or so is a good sign of preeggy, pls dont quote me, am not sure of the exact figure@7000

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TheArchangel(f): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
excellentmomma:

Momma, I can feel your pain as I read through your post. I have experienced this loss and I can't imagine how you will be feeling now, but all hopes are not lost dear. Let them do the quantitative serial beta-hCG test to determine what is happening.

Cheers dear cos your joy is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2016
Let it rain,abundance of blessings

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
After night Comes morning

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2016
.......... I posted this on tcc thread,

I strongly advise DETOX, starting with the liver before going for any procedure or before taking medications if previous attempt did not work or is taking longer than expected.

For those with the higher BMI, it helps you reduce weight, flushes toxins, exposes you to better lifestyle and helps better absorption of whatever medications you want to start with.

It works, i have heard of people who conceived after a fast, and also of a woman who after dropping from size 22 to 14 conceived after many years of waiting... with faith and prayers of course

If you want to know about fertility detox, google and you will find many resources to get you started.

My two cents.......

All will be well in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2016
Hmmmm

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 247glorious(f): 11:48am On Jun 15, 2016
iyomomo:
pls my dear sista I sent u a mail , cud u kindly send d names/description of herbs to be taken for pcos / hormonal imbalance in d 3 stages? Or
cud u list it all here? Thanks 4 ur assistance.
Am sorry I didn't reply u then. I told sm1 about describing the herbs to a lady and he was like what if it reacts badly for her? That scared me but on 2nd tot do is not possible cos d leaves are edible not like am making a concoction. By His Grace, u no longer need it. But just in case anyone does let me know
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 247glorious(f): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Deut 30:9 God's promise of children is written clearly, remind God of His reputation and Name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tutusky: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
good day wonderfull mommas, and may God bless the creator and also the contributors of this thread. i also thank God for making me stumble on the thread on the day my husband and i decided to go for IVF treatment, (3 months ago). i have gone through all 199 pages and ve learnt so much. From this thread, i learnt the importance of preparation before the actual treatment and this has made me take my suplements religiously. i also worked on my dieting. am using fertile aid hospital in abj due to the glowing recommendation on this forum especially from brother inwangobio. my husband and i have carried out all the preliminary invetigations and the d doc recommend we do the ICSI proceedure. i need all your prayers sisters as am schedule to start the down regulation nxt wk. HOWEVER, am very worried as the the doc suddenly changed my protocol. he said i should start d busellin injection from Day 14 instead of Day 21 which i was initially billed to commence. the Doc said he shifted the date forward cos he will be travelling and will not be around during the egg transfer if am to start treatment on DAY 21. he assured me that it's still ok if we start on DAY 14 but am still worried cos i have not read here that anybody started on DAY 14. Pls momma's has anybody on this platfom started on DAY 14? Blendy777, Lady G, iwangobio and our sabi mamas i need answers ASAP plsssssss. Godbless us all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
RipVanWink:

do a blood test, its the most conclusive test, do them 3days apart, if the hcg level is still increasing from the 2 tests, then u r still preggy,another embryo might still b in there, i think a count of 7000 or so is a good sign of preeggy, pls dont quote me, am not sure of the exact figure@7000

I've done the Beta Hcg and count is 10,400, I'm using my progesterone religiously, I've started spotting again with serious cramps, I'm just confused.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
excellentmomma:

I've done the Beta Hcg and count is 10,400, I'm using my progesterone religiously, I've started spotting again with serious cramps, I'm just confused.

You know ivf calendar for pregnant women is different. Assuming you did transfer on the 1st of June, at June 14th u are already 6 weeks pregnant. At 6 weeks a heart beat can be detected. Hope u haven't been involved in strenuous activities? Continue with your progesterone n go for a scan.
I wish u success
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
tutusky:
good day wonderfull mommas, and may God bless the creator and also the contributors of this thread. i also thank God for making me stumble on the thread on the day my husband and i decided to go for IVF treatment, (3 months ago). i have gone through all 199 pages and ve learnt so much. From this thread, i learnt the importance of preparation before the actual treatment and this has made me take my suplements religiously. i also worked on my dieting. am using fertile aid hospital in abj due to the glowing recommendation on this forum especially from brother inwangobio. my husband and i have carried out all the preliminary invetigations and the d doc recommend we do the ICSI proceedure. i need all your prayers sisters as am schedule to start the down regulation nxt wk. HOWEVER, am very worried as the the doc suddenly changed my protocol. he said i should start d busellin injection from Day 14 instead of Day 21 which i was initially billed to commence. the Doc said he shifted the date forward cos he will be travelling and will not be around during the egg transfer if am to start treatment on DAY 21. he assured me that it's still ok if we start on DAY 14 but am still worried cos i have not read here that anybody started on DAY 14. Pls momma's has anybody on this platfom started on DAY 14? Blendy777, Lady G, iwangobio and our sabi mamas i need answers ASAP plsssssss. Godbless us all.

I am aware of day 21 injection. Other mamas will contribute. Then browse about it.success
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
wonyi:

You know ivf calendar for pregnant women is different. Assuming you did transfer on the 1st of June, at June 14th u are already 6 weeks pregnant. At 6 weeks a heart beat can be detected. Hope u haven't been involved in strenuous activities? Continue with your progesterone n go for a scan.
I wish u success

I did a scan and nothing was found in my womb. No I've not been involved in any strenuous activity apart from driving to work and back. I try to leave from work earlier than normal too. I don tire.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:22am On Jun 16, 2016
tutusky:
good day wonderfull mommas, and may God bless the creator and also the contributors of this thread. i also thank God for making me stumble on the thread on the day my husband and i decided to go for IVF treatment, (3 months ago). i have gone through all 199 pages and ve learnt so much. From this thread, i learnt the importance of preparation before the actual treatment and this has made me take my suplements religiously. i also worked on my dieting. am using fertile aid hospital in abj due to the glowing recommendation on thi s forum especially from brother inwangobio. my husband and i have carried out all the preliminary invetigations and the d doc recommend we do the ICSI proceedure. i need all your prayers sisters as am schedule to start the down regulation nxt wk. HOWEVER, am very worried as the the doc suddenly changed my protocol. he said i should start d busellin injection from Day 14 instead of Day 21 which i was initially billed to commence. the Doc said he shifted the date forward cos he will be travelling and will not be around during the egg transfer if am to start treatment on DAY 21. he assured me that it's still ok if we start on DAY 14 but am still worried cos i have not read here that anybody started on DAY 14. Pls momma's has anybody on this platfom started on DAY 14? Blendy777, Lady G, iwangobio and our sabi mamas i need answers ASAP plsssssss. Godbless us all.
Fret not Child of God. Shebi u know what Buserelin is for? Its for down regulation and is not as quick action as luron/zoladex so may take longer to work. I'm guessing he wants to get you Down regulated well and move str8 into a short protocol.nothing wrong with that but u will get fewer eggs.
See, if u aren't comfy with the plan, thenwait out that cycle. Its not cast in stone that u must do the ivf that cycle. When he returns u can then proceed.its better to cover all angles. Even the emotional ones so u are happy.God's grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Movingheight(f): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2016
Good morning all sabi mothers. I have been a silent reader for years,i once registered but deactivated. i am currently ttcing for 6 years had a set of twin in 2009 wanted immediate conception which never happened till date having tried almost everything.am currently 40 while dh is 42.Heading for ivf since age is no longer on my side registered with fertilaid (Dr shuaibu) in gwarimpa. spoke with Mumihaja yesterday and she encouraged me to come online any advice will be appreciated to make this circle successful. i have been diagnosed with high prolactin adenomiosis (have never heard anyone with this o)and currently on dostinex and zoladex injection. sorry for the long post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.