Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1280148 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by karule(m): 9:18am On Jun 30, 2016
@LadyGuinivere, I also see your point with this tactic for Bridge Clinic. The Lady has promoted Bridge in different states saying she used them successfully within a short space of time. Howcome? Of course The Bridge will have some successes being a fertility clinic and I know 2 people who have success stories to tell on the Bridge in Lagos. This was what made use go try out the GRA, Ikeja branch since we live at Ikeja but after our experience, I cant recommend that GRA Ikeja branch

From our experience, apart from their clean office, neat dressing, friendly faces and smooth talking, the main process was a writeoff and most annoyingly a ripoff.
* We were kept in the dark as to the range of what we will pay but we ended up spending over 2.5M for use of an egg donor for IVF for my wife
* Some drugs we were given at the hospital we discovered to be more than 5times the price at Healthplus
* all the team (doctors and lab attendants) were young.
* several unethical and unprofessional behaviours were experienced which i cant fully list or explain without writing a very long story. Some examples were:
* they do too much internal gossip. Imagine nurse assistant digging info out of the egg donor we used to the point of eventually telling her that we should have paid her more. The donor got demoralized and almost gave up inbetween, because of N20k difference o. I was livid when i heard
* poor followup on donor to the point of her missing her injections and her body wasnt ready so took an extra 2weeks before transfer
* On the day the egg donor was to have her eggs removed, she was in so much excruciating pains and had to be brought to the hospital as early as 6am and she wasnt attended to till about 10am, she kept crying and trying to hold herself from screaming (out of the pains).
* my wife was loaded with oil injections which we complained about but the insisted thats what they use. It added extra weight for her and even 3 months after the procedure came out negative, my wife's doctor abroad pointed out the injection was unnecessary and that we have to flush out the fluid out of her system
* i tried to explain some of these to the doctor over the phone but they felt they were already doing their best and that their followup was intact, so i rested my case.
* Even the lab tests they carry out are over priced

For me, GRA Ikeja is a no no. They need to review and refine their practices.

Medical field is a money making venture for Nigerian hospitals. At the end of the day, they take no blame and can get away with whatever they do. Such a shame.

LadyGuinivere:

Really?! Such thinly veiled marketing.
I assume you were referring to me thou u quoted the other guy.
I'm not new to Ivf and Well capable of researching choices. Bridge's marketing is becoming underhand and annoying.
Do tell them cost is a huge factor ok? If they are ok, they don't need to create several monikers and several 'testimonies'.
U guys should pay and advertise abeg

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
@ karule, God bless you for sharing your experience. I'm sure we can make better informed decisions even from this. TCC is draining in itself not to talk of the enormous amount u have to spend when goin thru the route of IVF. Unfortunately, most of these fertility clinics are oblivious of the fact that each case is unique and should be treated as such.

I hope you and your wife are fine. Keep keeping on, one thing I always advocate is proper detox b4 going for IVF. Tis well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2016
mumihaja:
Hello House,
hope everyone is fine in here, please this is for mamas in Lagos, i wish to go for ICSI here in lagos soon, so i decided to do a survey to know the cost and the best place to do it but its obvious i cant do this alone without your help cos the house is a collection of experienced mamas hence this plea...i went to Olive branch yesterday and the total for everything is around #1.3m

Can you ladies suggest a place for me and the current rate?

thanks in advance.

@mumihaja pls d quote of 1.3m you got from olive branch is it inclusive of endometrial scratch and intralipid injection? Thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2016
Oya Aunty Jill please come o! See 'wonderful experience'

2.5m?! Jesu! Karule it is well.

Just had No. 4 failed cycle yesterday. Life goes on. The journey to proliferate my genes continues. Maybe 5 will be my lucky number. The bible says there's a reason for everything. I'm wondering if mine is to completely break me, or turn me from the playful person I was to a sceptical human being.
I guess this is the part where I'm s'posed to say it is well...
Back to the drawing board of supplements, vitamins , exercise, diet and prayers.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:10am On Jul 03, 2016
Moyinoluwa83:

@mumihaja pls d quote of 1.3m you got from olive branch is it inclusive of endometrial scratch and intralipid injection? Thank you
I guess not. Intralipid is paid for seperately
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ayanuke: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Just had No. 4 failed cycle yesterday. Life goes on. The journey to proliferate my genes continues. Maybe 5 will be my lucky number. The bible says there's a reason for everything. I'm wondering if mine is to completely break me, or turn me from the playful person I was to a sceptical human being.
Back to the drawing board of supplements, vitamins , exercise, diet and prayers.

Big hug... God got your back.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I guess not. Intralipid is paid for seperately

Hmmmmm it is well with you. May you have cause to rejoice very soon.

Thanks for d info.

Big hug.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
@LadyGuinivere be strong. E-hugs. May God compensate u beyond comprehension. Im so lost for words
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AngelicBola83(f): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dear LadyG my mum reads this thread more than I do, she prays specially for you and asked me to write this. I pray that we all experience that Phenomenal transformation that we so earnestly pray for. God would do it.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
AngelicBola83:
Dear LadyG my mum reads this thread more than I do, she prays specially for you and asked me to write this. I pray that we all experience that Phenomenal transformation that we so earnestly pray for. God would do it.
Amen. Let God have mercy on me eh. Not for my shame or reproach but for the number of people praying for me.
Thanks dear. Greet your momma. She's a funky mamaa oo! Reading NL and all grin
God bless you all sisters

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessedmum(f): 8:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Do not give up sis and don't ever stop frm being a cheerful person, ttc ll soon be a history in ur life.
I love ur spirit.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
@LadyGuinivere
Back to the drawing board of supplements, vitamins , exercise, diet and prayers. [/quote]

Hmmm....I have also gotten my share of ttc but u know what ttc is a bastard because soon, very soon we are going to look back n say finally ttc is over. Remember Bros Inwangobio, Nogen and some old mamas. I know anything with a begin with have an end.it is well.

Back to the drawing board of prayers. ....someone told me something spiritual. Organise a party for little children in your church or anywhere, maybe during your birthday n get them to pray for u .your family should pray for u.i mean everyone gathering and praying for u.if u have grudges against anyone please settle and let your mind be free.i strongly recommend mfm programmes if possible be consistent for 3 months before your next procedure.finally u and hubby should pray as one.hubby should declare and keep pronouncing u mother of his children.

I strongly recommend two books YOU TOO CAN BE FRUITFUL and YOU SHALL NOT BE BARREN.
Decree and Declare those verses and while on the procedure wake at the middle of the night and pray.

Also ask God to open your spiritual eyes for better understanding

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2016
@good evening mamas. May God turn situations around for good. Wish those cycling success.

@LadyG, pls kindly mail me. Olubankemi@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
LadyG dear it is well. If God can do it for inwangobio, blendy which you know their story here and rest of us that went through ART how much more you. Don't loose hope and faith and know that God has His own timing for you. Rest assured that you MUST CERTAINLY testify soonest.
All the mamas pls keep the faith. He will surely fulfill his promises on you. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by veleta: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
@LadyG,when I read your post,what popped in my head was the book of Esther how the book of remembrance was opened and Mordecai was remembered.
You really have a heart of gold and you have impacted positively in a lot of peoples lives. My dear,God does not fail.We are praying for u dear.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2016
@LadyGuinivere God will glorify His name in your life. Never lose hope. One thing I want to ask, have you tried a Naprotech doctor? Be strong
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
miraclebaby:
@LadyGuinivere God will glorify His name in your life. Never lose hope. One thing I want to ask, have you tried a Naprotech doctor? Be strong
Amen
Mbok which one be Naprotech doctor?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Amen
you can read more about them online. Google Naprotechnology in Nigeria. They believe in root cause treatment. They also have programs to train on chatting. Someone recommended one of the doctors to me but she's based in Lagos and had to refer me to another here in the east. Though only met him once as dh is insisting on iui. So there we are still planning.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyWolfe: 8:53am On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Amen

It's some sort of natural method of family planning. Involves charting your CM and together with your doctor you will be able to see identify the root cause. I can recommend the doctor I used here in Lagos (Lekki 1) if you are interested. Didn't result in a bfp but I liked the way the doctor patiently explained things...

It has taken LadyG to get me to sign in and post a comment. I truly admire you and pray God grants the desires of your heart sooner than you expect!

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamateniola1: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2016
OMG, ladyG, *hugssssssssssss*
It is well with you sis. To say i wanted to ask of you at the other thread oh say i no see you knock some posters' head there. Loll
It is well sis.

LadyGuinivere:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Thnks sisters @mamateniola and lagywolfe

Sadly ma matter I don sabi the root cause. No be charting matter and others.
Who has gtten bfp with adenomyosis mbok
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebaby: 11:43am On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Thnks sisters @mamateniola and lagywolfe

Sadly ma matter I don sabi the root cause. No be charting matter and others.
Who has gtten bfp with adenomyosis mbok
my dear not just chatting, the chatting is just to monitor your hormones and get you on the right treatment. Have you tried the much acclaimed serapeptase? I'd give them a trial, nothing to loose since its natural. I still pray God surprise you soonest. I admire your courage.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
miraclebaby:
my dear not just chatting, the chatting is just to monitor your hormones and get you on the right treatment. Have you tried the much acclaimed serapeptase? I'd give them a trial, nothing to loose since its natural. I still pray God surprise you soonest. I admire your courage.
Hmmm. I laff.
Serrapettase
Wobenzym
Nattokinase
Chinese herbs supposed to remove stagntion
Ginger
Clean point (the worst)
Zoladex
Gbo gbo eh

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyWolfe: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Hmmm. I laff.

Wobenzym
Nattokinase
Chinese herbs supposed to remove stagntion
Ginger
Clean point (the worst)
Zoladex
Gbo gbo eh

I can only give you a big hug...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyWolfe:

I can only give you a big hug...
I collect ! God bless

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
@Ladyguinivere its well. May God giv u ultimate n wholesome healing. May he who created u create a brand new body parts dat will bring ur heart yearning to materialise in Jesus name Amen.
U may consider surrogacy if possible. Naija factor makes such difficult.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by favoredgal: 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyG just here to give you my support, love and prayers

All is well that ends well and I know it will end well for you in Jesus name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Iyabetajos(f): 7:19am On Jul 08, 2016
LadyG,God never fails he will turn things around for u soonest in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebony13: 7:54am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Ladyguinivere just dropping this line to encourage you. I have gone through TTC myself but I cannot say I know what you're going through and how you must feel.

But be rest assured darling that you would conceive and carry your children. Everyone might be having kids but they can't have yours. God is still on the throne and as long as he remains on d throne, you would carry and nurture your children.

You're in my prayers. God bless you darling

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumdearest: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Dear Lady G, Never met you but seems as if i know you (on other forum on NL).

As long as the God is on the throne, you will laugh last. God does things at his own time.

I had my baby after 5 years of marriage through IVF and trying for the 2nd already through IVF as well (story for another day)

And i know you are a strong woman, keep the faith sis and God will answer.

Greater things come with greater challenges. how will your testimony be the greatest if not with experiences.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2016
mumdearest:

Dear Lady G, Never met you but seems as if i know you (on other forum on NL).

As long as the God is on the throne, you will laugh last. God does things at his own time.

I had my baby after 5 years of marriage through IVF and trying for the 2nd already through IVF as well (story for another day)

And i know you are a strong woman, keep the faith sis and God will answer.

Greater things come with greater challenges. how will your testimony be the greatest if not with experiences.

Amen oooo! At this point, I just need prayers for God to renew my faith and tht of my husband.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
I am looking at having IVF in Nigeria. I live in the US where there are many clinics, but the cost can be up to $30,000 (US). I saw a few prices here that puts the costs around $5,000 (US). Is this accurate? How many eggs will be implanted for this amount? Are there any discounts on trying again, if the procedure does not work the first time?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.