Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279647 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2016
excellentmomma:

I did a scan and nothing was found in my womb. No I've not been involved in any strenuous activity apart from driving to work and back. I try to leave from work earlier than normal too. I don tire.

My dear had a similar case of yours with heavy flow but still had my twins. though 3 embryos was transfered. on the process was discovered that it was one that flush out with the heavy flow. by going to scan without any heart beat is were am confused. cos during the period of bleeding it was detected during scan
why not go back to the hospital let them check and examine you and tell you the cause of the bleeding.

I also buy wonyi's advice ivf preg differ from natural preg.
God Will see you through.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by excellentmomma(f): 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
iykmau:

My dear had a similar case of yours with heavy flow but still had my twins. though 3 embryos was transfered. on the process was discovered that it was one that flush out with the heavy flow. by going to scan without any heart beat is were am confused. cos during the period of bleeding it was detected during scan
why not go back to the hospital let them check and examine you and tell you the cause of the bleeding.

OK dear, thank you.

Congrats on the birth of your twins

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
excellentmomma:

I've done the Beta Hcg and count is 10,400, I'm using my progesterone religiously, I've started spotting again with serious cramps, I'm just confused.

this is the chart according to doc google, ur values appear quite high..

Weeks from LMP (Last Missed Period Amount of hCG in mIU/ml or IU/l
5 weeks 18 to 7,340
6 weeks 1,080 to 56,500
7 to 8 weeks 7,650 to 229,000
9 to 12 weeks 25,700 to 288,000

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tutusky: 9:53am On Jun 17, 2016
Thank u sister for the response. i think i will go back and sit him down for a long discussion before the procedure starts. i dont mind skipping this cycle. am being very careful cos of all that i ve read on this thread and i also suffer from endomitrisis.
LadyGuinivere:

Fret not Child of God. Shebi u know what Buserelin is for? Its for down regulation and is not as quick action as luron/zoladex so may take longer to work. I'm guessing he wants to get you Down regulated well and move str8 into a short protocol.nothing wrong with that but u will get fewer eggs.
See, if u aren't comfy with the plan, thenwait out that cycle. Its not cast in stone that u must do the ivf that cycle. When he returns u can then proceed.its better to cover all angles. Even the emotional ones so u are happy.God's grace
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tutusky: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2016
wonyi:

I am aware of day 21 injection. Other mamas will contribute. Then browse about it.success
Ok
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2016
excellentmomma:

I did a scan and nothing was found in my womb. No I've not been involved in any strenuous activity apart from driving to work and back. I try to leave from work earlier than normal too. I don tire.

Two way Approach
1.report to the hospital and tell them your experience

2. Prayerfully wait for a while before doing another scan

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2016
iykmau:

Congratulations on the birth of your twins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytimetotestify: 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Happy sunday to all the mamas and papas in the house.... My sis @tutusky can u pls help me to find out the cost of icsi procedure with donor eggs+ur hubby sperm and ur eggs with donor eggs+ur hubby sperm from Dr sunday in fertile aid hospital.
tutusky:
good day wonderfull mommas, and may God bless the creator and also the contributors of this thread. i also thank God for making me stumble on the thread on the day my husband and i decided to go for IVF treatment, (3 months ago). i have gone through all 199 pages and ve learnt so much. From this thread, i learnt the importance of preparation before the actual treatment and this has made me take my suplements religiously. i also worked on my dieting. am using fertile aid hospital in abj due to the glowing recommendation on this forum especially from brother inwangobio. my husband and i have carried out all the preliminary invetigations and the d doc recommend we do the ICSI proceedure. i need all your prayers sisters as am schedule to start the down regulation nxt wk. HOWEVER, am very worried as the the doc suddenly changed my protocol. he said i should start d busellin injection from Day 14 instead of Day 21 which i was initially billed to commence. the Doc said he shifted the date forward cos he will be travelling and will not be around during the egg transfer if am to start treatment on DAY 21. he assured me that it's still ok if we start on DAY 14 but am still worried cos i have not read here that anybody started on DAY 14. Pls momma's has anybody on this platfom started on DAY 14? Blendy777, Lady G, iwangobio and our sabi mamas i need answers ASAP plsssssss. Godbless us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tutusky: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2016
mytimetotestify:
Happy sunday to all the mamas and papas in the house.... My sis @tutusky can u pls help me to find out the cost of icsi procedure with donor eggs+ur hubby sperm and ur eggs with donor eggs+ur hubby sperm from Dr sunday in fertile aid hospital.
icsi with drugs costs N1.08m while ivf with either donor egg or sperm cost N1,350,000 and the deposit for drug starts from N150,000
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumihaja(f): 11:10am On Jun 22, 2016
Hello House,
hope everyone is fine in here, please this is for mamas in Lagos, i wish to go for ICSI here in lagos soon, so i decided to do a survey to know the cost and the best place to do it but its obvious i cant do this alone without your help cos the house is a collection of experienced mamas hence this plea...i went to Olive branch yesterday and the total for everything is around #1.3m

Can you ladies suggest a place for me and the current rate?

thanks in advance.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by maymay1(f): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
mumihaja:
Hello House,
hope everyone is fine in here, please this is for mamas in Lagos, i wish to go for ICSI here in lagos soon, so i decided to do a survey to know the cost and the best place to do it but its obvious i cant do this alone without your help cos the house is a collection of experienced mamas hence this plea...i went to Olive branch yesterday and the total for everything is around #1.3m

thanks in advance.
@mumihaja u can try a place call Ayomide women health hospital @ Oshogbo osun state . its a very good place tho not popular. try there website and contact them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumihaja(f): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
maymay1:
@mumihaja u can try a place call Ayomide women health hospital @ Oshogbo osun state . its a very good place tho not popular. try there website and contact them.

@maymay, thanks, but i prefer a place in Lagos
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 3:52am On Jun 23, 2016
mumihaja:
Hello House,
thanks in advance.

You can also try Georges Memorial Lekki . Theirs is 1.1M(Ivf: 600K and Drugs:500K). The drug is pay as you consume so sometimes you might not exhaust the 500k.

I heard bridge is 1.2. Not so sure

The ARK CLINIC is also great, the doctor is female and has a specialty with PCOS. They are at dolphin estate.
Slightly more expensive.about: 1.3M.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bolanlevivian: 7:01am On Jun 24, 2016
If you are in abuja, its a must

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mumihaja(f): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2016
i found this while surfing the internet

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mommatriplets: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
hmmm this GRABBO, how come noone has ever heard of them since.
600k is really a cool price...but...............................................
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello fruitful moms n dads, pls can som1 giv me a reliable contact where I can buy Crinone 8% gel?

Also what dose of Im inj of gestone were u placed on?
The centre im exploring uses only cyclogest.

Pls is mock transfer same thing as endometrial scratching?

I read dis whole thread lol but I don forget some things.

@blendy77 @iwangobio, @tbaby4real all sabi mummies n daddies abeg shine torch for me

Tankio grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AngelicBola83(f): 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mock transfer is to confirm that there won't be any obstruction on the day of the actual transfer of the embryos. So I think it's different from endometrial scratching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:44am On Jun 25, 2016
DonaTee:
Hello fruitful moms n dads, pls can som1 giv me a reliable contact where I can buy Crinone 8% gel?

Also what dose of Im inj of gestone were u placed on?
The centre im exploring uses only cyclogest.

Pls is mock transfer same thing as endometrial scratching?

I read dis whole thread lol but I don forget some things.

@blendy77 @iwangobio, @tbaby4real all sabi mummies n daddies abeg shine torch for me

Tankio grin
Angelic Bola ha answered the others.
Prescriptions of gestone go between 1ml and 2ml daily. That is progesterone in oil. There are other forms of progesterone that differ in prescription egs some u take once a week.
I was able to get a pack of 10 boxes of philogesterone at 2k Something. That is each box has 10vials of 1ml each. So in total 100 vials.
See pix attached

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 11:08am On Jun 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Angelic Bola ha answered the others.
Prescriptions of gestone go between 1ml and 2ml daily. That is progesterone in oil. There are other forms of progesterone that differ in prescription egs some u take once a week.
I was able to get a pack of 10 boxes of philogesterone at 2k Something. That is each box has 10vials of 1ml each. So in total 100 vials.
See pix attached

is it the 10 boxes dat is 2k plus? Or each box?
sorry for too much questions.

If I want to combine with cyclogest I assume I ll use on alternate days? I read dat on this thread.

Also I was not told I will need estradiol tabs. I jus re read my jotter frm wat I read. Did any mama get success witout estradiol?

I will ask d team on next appointment tho.

Thnx ladyG n Abgelicbola83
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Seunmedic1: 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Good day evryone. Does anyone know where one can buy zoladex injection. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 11:36am On Jun 27, 2016
Check Alpha pharmacy Ikeja, Healthrite Surulere and Vatican Surulere. They sell for 25k but Vatican sells 29k

Seunmedic1:
Good day evryone. Does anyone know where one can buy zoladex injection. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
DonaTee:

is it the 10 boxes dat is 2k plus? Or each box?
sorry for too much questions.

If I want to combine with cyclogest I assume I ll use on alternate days? I read dat on this thread.

Also I was not told I will need estradiol tabs. I jus re read my jotter frm wat I read. Did any mama get success witout estradiol?

I will ask d team on next appointment tho.

Thnx ladyG n Abgelicbola83
Yes. The whole 10 boxes (that's 100vial in total) is 2k plus. I'm lucky to know a pharmacist who sent me in the right direction.
This is a daily injection. In conjunction with cyclogest pessaries
Why would u want to do away without your estradiol? U need all the support u can get.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 10:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Yes. The whole 10 boxes (that's 100vial in total) is 2k plus. I'm lucky to know a pharmacist who sent me in the right direction.
This is a daily injection. In conjunction with cyclogest pessaries
Why would u want to do away without your estradiol? U need all the support u can get.

my dear not dat I want to do away with it. It wasn't part of d drugs listed for me dat I ll need/pay for.
infact after discussing wit dem I picked my jotter where I wrote down info I got frm this thread. Dats were I saw dat estradiol in some1 protocol n I get d rationale. Pls put me thru d dose....2mg right? How long is it taken?

pls mamas n papas shine una torch for dis 1.

I ll ask dem. If dey no dey giv I ll take it on my own.

May God bless all dat drop info/ask questions on dis thread.

But will u use d whole 100? God I knw u r seeing this. However have mercy n reward dis mama evrn b4 d 100vials finish. We know its all in ur hands n d bible lets us knw u do not withhold blessings from ur children. Release or bundles of joy to us dis season in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 2:50am On Jun 28, 2016
Hello dear. Protocols are different. Not everyone requires estradiol and also it depends on what procedure you are doing.

I stand to be corrected but I think estradoil is used mostly in FET or in some fresh transfers if the woman has lining issues or over down regulated. It helps to build the lining.

For the progesterone, personally it is important especially if you have PCOS or high prolactin issues.

DonaTee:

my dear not dat I want to do away with it. It wasn't part of d drugs listed for me dat I ll need/pay for.
infact after discussing wit dem I picked my jotter where I wrote down info I got frm this thread. Dats were I saw dat estradiol in some1 protocol n I get d rationale. Pls put me thru d dose....2mg right? How long is it taken?

pls mamas n papas shine una torch for dis 1.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 5:23am On Jun 28, 2016
Itissettled3:
Hello dear. Protocols are different. Not everyone requires estradiol and also it depends on what procedure you are doing.

I stand to be corrected but I think estradoil is used mostly in FET or in some fresh transfers if the woman has lining issues or over down regulated. It helps to build the lining.

For the progesterone, personally it is important especially if you have PCOS or high prolactin issues.

Thnx for this insightful post.

About d progesterone, I dont have pcos or prolactin. I ve had 3 spont mcs which started as spotting. I used cyclogest after it started but mayb it was too late. even wen I took in for my son I kept spotting for wks.
problem is no good diagnostic centre then to review y is spot n hav spontaneous mc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2016
DonaTee:

Thnx for this insightful post.

About d progesterone, I dont have pcos or prolactin. I ve had 3 spont mcs which started as spotting. I used cyclogest after it started but mayb it was too late. even wen I took in for my son I kept spotting for wks.
problem is no good diagnostic centre then to review y is spot n hav spontaneous mc.

Aamen to the prayers.
Please get a prescription from your doctor. That's the proper thing. My needs and yours aren't the same. Speak up about your fears with your doctor and get proffessional advice.that's why you are paying him.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DonaTee(f): 8:33am On Jun 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Aamen to the prayers.
Please get a prescription from your doctor. That's the proper thing. My needs an your aren't the same. Speak up about your fears with your doctor and get proffessional advice.that's why you are paying him.

my dear I ve spoken to him. His school of though cyclogest is enuff. Wit vasoprin n folic. Its a govt hospital too.
Meanwhile I ve been feeling cold for some days now even wit fan switched off. Wich unlike me. Im not on any drugs asides supplements.
angry I refuse to b anxious
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamateniola1: 10:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Goodmorning fruitful mamas.

Please who has experienced 'hydrosalpinx 'or going through it now?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2016
mamateniola1:

I did a HSG yesterday and the report said' right hydrosalpinx '. I am planning to go for IVF but I have suspended it as a doctor told me we can dry it up. He gave me antibiotics and ask that I try using clomid. What do you think. Who is going through this road. Thank you.

In order to eliminate brick walls that will contribute to failure of IVF, a good doc will suggest u treat hydrosalpinx b4 ivf. I know Surgery is commonly used to remove the affected tubes, however, antibiotics is also used if PID is responsible for the blockage.

Follow your doctors instructions, also visit this tread to learn about alternative means to unblock tubes.
https://www.nairaland.com/749722/there-solution-blocked-tubes/3
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
mamateniola1:

I did a HSG yesterday and the report said' right hydrosalpinx '. I am planning to go for IVF but I have suspended it as a doctor told me we can dry it up. He gave me antibiotics and ask that I try using clomid. What do you think. Who is going through this road. Thank you.
Any fluid in the uterus during ivf is fatal to embabies. So its good advice. After the course of antibiotics, please check again before commencing ivf

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.