Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** (16486 Views)

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Fhemmmy: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2011
Teach us more, I beg
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by caseymoney(m): 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^Check Am Alone Finishing thread, There's a lot of fun going on there.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Fhemmmy: 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2011
^^^ I am a silent follower on the thread . . . looking nice and loving it
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by kuntash: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
wats da current price of cement pls
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Select(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
kuntash:

wats da current price of cement pls

It depends on the brand and the quality as well,
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by kuntash: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
Any,

Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Burham, and even Kuntash cement, wats d price pls
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2011
Happy Friday to you all . . . Be Blessed and be a blessing
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
Happiness consists in activity: such is the constitution of our nature; it is a running stream, and not a stagnant pool.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by kuntash: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^^^ really ? TOT we should be our neighbours keepers . cheesy
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by caseymoney(m): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2011
@Fhemmmy, I think this thread got all the answer it needed and most thread before it have answered most of questions asked.

Happy Sunday!!!
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
spyder880:
@ atasteve, burying plumbing pipes in the decking makes for neater works, but could turn bad if there are any leakages later on in life. I have seen where they buried waste pipes in wall pillars and it later burst, the correction process is always very expensive, plus the offensive odor it throws out. I love neat works where i dont see waste pipes, but i will do external piping of waste in my house.

Another angle to it is that piping internally will save you on concrete, and thats why some contractors endorse it, think of this, you have 9" square pillars that you will pour and out of that you will bury 4" plastic pipes into it, sounds like saving on concrete by as much as 30% on the pillar. But my concern is this, do you know that the targeted strenght of the column has been compromised by the hole created inside the column, and that may cause some safety issues.

Bros, how far? grin

Change is good and constant.

1 Like

Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by ifyalways(f): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
This thread . lol cheesy

ifyalways:
No,Im not trying to convert the existing storey to 6 classrooms.Trying to get a new block of 6 classrooms.

No,just a single block of classroom.No intention of converting it into something else in the near future.

I dont need a staff room as that exists already.A sick bay and then 3 toilets is OK.

With N1M,wud I be able to get that done in say 1 month?

Thank you.
Arggggggh.This project was finally completed with about 1.7M and ofcourse with some modifications .
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
ifyalways:
This thread . lol cheesy

Theres a throve of treasures that can be found in old posts.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by ifyalways(f): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Theres a throve of treasures that can be found in old posts.
Yes indeed.

@Oga Spyder tongue
Hehe. Change!!!! I'm still an unrepentant fan of external plumbing.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2015
ifyalways:

Yes indeed.

@Oga Spyder tongue
Hehe. Change!!!! I'm still an unrepentant fan of external plumbing.

I can't find pictures on here of any recent building with external plumbing.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by ifyalways(f): 11:41am On Dec 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Most people don't do external no more so I guess I'm stuck in the past cos I still do.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by befto: 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
Here is one with external plumbing.
This is currently happening now in some area in Lekki. I am a fan of this. I know people do the internal stuff now but I still like the external stuff if for the peace of mind it brings (and as long as it is done properly)

EgunMogaji:

Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
befto:
Here is one with external plumbing.
This is currently happening now in some area in Lekki. I am a fan of this. I know people do the internal stuff now but I still like the external stuff if for the peace of mind it brings (and as long as it is done properly)

Thanks kind Sir.
Re: Process Of Building A Home **From Buying A Land To Housewarming And Moving In** by detee2: 2:41pm On Apr 25, 2016
Wow, just finished reading all the posts and wish I could have more wink

Nice thread with great contributors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Is Bricklayer Fees For Laying Bricks And Plastering 3 Bedroom House / Sublet/squatting Tenants Is Refusing To Move. / Uncovered!! Read This Article/Watch Video, Sure Way To Avoid Fake Roofing sheets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.