Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married (25882 Views)

The Girl I Just Met Said We Should Drop Condom And Go Raw / Man Dies A Day Before Getting Married, Buried On His Wedding Day. Photos / Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by LewisHamilton15: 9:47am On Sep 12, 2023
Last week I proposed to my long time girlfriend and fiancee and she accepted me.

We discussed a whole range of topics and we are convenienced that we can live our lives together. But one thing we disagree on is the issue of house: she said we must build a house together before settling down but I suggested we tie the knot and live in a rented apartment before planning to build our personal house but she insisted we must build.

She said we will contribute money to build together, she won't leave me alone in the project. She even suggested withdrawing her savings of #250, 000 so we can buy land. I have the money and apart from my daily hustle I have other side businesses that springs me money occasionally.

I want to settle down as soon as possible but she cited the problems that comes along with living in a rented apartment. I really wish to settle down but this lady won't agree.

I don't want to cause problem between us so how do I go about convincing her?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nataliace(f): 9:48am On Sep 12, 2023
If I were you I would build first.
It's hard to find reasonable women like this nowadays.

215 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Wodu89: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2023
She's childish. She wants a house with 250k contribution. Is it a batcher she wants to live in. Smh in Chinese. You both first need to plan how to have four years rentage first and see if you can afford to live as a couple before building castles in the air.

403 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Karen2024(f): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2023
She's a foolish lady! All these for a Nigerian man? Useless gender.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Greattestman: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2023
Run if you are wise... she's there to covet your money. She will deceive and when you begin the project she will leave you alone in it saying she has no money. And after you build the house, she will bring her ex to your matrimonial bed.
Be wise!!!

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by LewisHamilton15: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2023
Wodu89:
She's childish. She wants a house with 250k contribution. Is it a batcher she wants to leave in. Smh in Chinese. You both first need to plan how to have four years rentage first and see if you can afford to live as a couple before building castles in the air.
That's just for a start. She promise to contribute much in the process as she also has a well paying job.

13 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by LewisHamilton15: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2023
Greattestman:
Run if you are wise... she's there to covet your money. She will deceive and when you begin the project she will leave you alone in it saying she has no money. And after you build the house, she will bring her ex to your matrimonial bed.
Be wise!!!
My girlfriend isn't that type.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by dkidd: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2023
Greattestman:
Be wise!!!
That girl must have showed u shege banza promax because what the op posted is very different from this ur comment

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by LewisHamilton15: 9:57am On Sep 12, 2023
Greattestman:
You will soon learn the hard way since you refuse to be wise.
Idiot!
I don't understand the reason behind this misguided comment.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by TemplarLandry: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2023
You're a man. Stop disguising.
Karen2024:
She's a foolish lady! All these for a Nigerian man? Useless gender.

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by izonborn098(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Your woman has entitle mentality..
She is not yet ready for marriage...
Though she has a good plan for u'' it is for ur own benefit and a lifetime investment but house isn't what u build because one woman is forcing you..
You build house when u know u are ready and depend on ur financial ability building of house takes time..
The question is this woman determined to spend the rest of her life with u..
Before she forsake u..
Lastly that money she is contributing the house belongs to her more than u do...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by BItt: 9:59am On Sep 12, 2023
WHATEVER YOU DO, MAKE SURE THE RECEIPT IS IN YOUR NAME ALONE.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by rainz(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2023
You need to build. No matter how small. Even if u build the boys quarter first. Believe me that your woman get sense no follow people mouth for nairaland.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by TimT: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2023
I really wonder how Nd why some men bring every little relationship issues online... Now that girl will be heavily insulted by bitter men online....

Someone told you to build house, knowing the time it takes, she's ready to wait... You no gree, you carry the matter online for some people who doesn't understand one of the financial problems in marriage caused by "House rent", to castigate Ur girl...

It's okay sha.. it's your life... It's your relationship...
You can easily drop the girl and marry the one who doesn't care about anything "Future"...

Only a good wife can give a married man rest in his home, NOBODY ELSE CAN ....

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Geniemoi01(m): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2023
I am sorry sir,but you'll be an idiot to follow the words of a woman. She doesn't mean you well at all! If you wanna build do so with your money from start to finish. She wants to contribute chicken change while planning her escape route with the house should you both divorce. She's already eyeing your future property. You better be wise. If she doesn't want to rent with you, let her go.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by tommy589(m): 10:35am On Sep 12, 2023
Funny grin

She is not ready to settle down

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by slan87(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2023
No matter your level of trust to anyone, always have it at the back of your mind that change is always constant.

Well, my advice to you is that if you are financially buoyant enough to buy a land n build a house on it yourself alone without any form of help from her, Kindly do so.

Tomorrow is always pregnant my brother, use your sense.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by minasu190: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
Last week I proposed to my long time girlfriend and fiancee and she accepted me.
We discussed a whole range of topics and we are convenienced that we can live our lives together. But one thing we disagree on is the issue of house: she said we must build a house together before settling down but I suggested we tie the knot and live in a rented apartment before planning to build our personal house but she insisted we must build.
She said we will contribute money to build together, she won't leave me alone in the project. She even suggested withdrawing her savings of #250, 000 so we can buy land. I have the money and apart from my daily hustle I have other side businesses that springs me money occasionally.
I want to settle down as soon as possible but she cited the problems that comes along with living in a rented apartment. I really wish to settle down but this lady won't agree.
I don't want to cause problem between us so how do I go about convincing her?
And you think it is a bad idea?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
You never see anything.You go dey trust woman?
E go shock you grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2023
Well, my fiance and I also decided to build a house before getting married.

The house is still under construction at the moment, but it'll soon be finished.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
Well, my fiance and I also decided to build a house before getting married.

The house is still under construction at the moment, but it'll soon be finished.
Good.But when a woman wants you, she won't even bother about the house

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by talented321: 10:46am On Sep 12, 2023
Madam'' How much is she contributing?...
Nataliace:
If I were you I would build first.
It's hard to find reasonable women like this nowadays.
to build a three bedroom flat needs like 15 to 30m... Did this man know when this woman is going to change..

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2023
But just think about it, a house is an investment, while renting an apartment is a liability.
Solofresh2:
Good.But when a woman wants you, she won't even bother about the house

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by talented321: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2023
Oga building house is a good plan'' but house is not what u build out of desperation especially in this economy, if care is not taking u will finish all ur cash in building that house...
Anything woman becareful...

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
But just think about it, a house is an investment, while renting an apartment is a liability.
Yeah I know but what if that's what is needed at the moment. I mean being a house owner is not something that easy and it takes time.
A woman who loves you will even stay with you in your parents house.I believe you are a woman and you understand what I mean

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2023
LewisHamilton15:
Obotee , O d e shocked cool shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by honorik(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2023
i am already in love with her a beg dash me that one na better woman be that you are even lucky and your complaining

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Solofresh2: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
By the way, are you really a South African?
I love south African women kiss

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 12, 2023
If that's what's needed at that moment, then don't get married... The two of you should work on saving some money to either build or buy a house if you plan on settling down together.

It's only unfortunate if the woman is unemployed or doesn't earn much, which would mean the burden would only be on the man alone.

I will never ever live with a man who's still staying with his parents...Nooo!!!
Solofresh2:
Yeah I know but what if that's what is needed at the moment. I mean being a house owner is not something that easy and it takes time.
A woman who loves you will even stay with you in your parents house.I believe you are a woman and you understand what I mean

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2023
Ee, ke nna mo Afrika Borwa... grin grin grin
Solofresh2:
By the way, are you really a South African?
I love south African women kiss
Re: My Fiancee Said We Must Have A House Before Getting Married by Bambam321(m): 11:26am On Sep 12, 2023
Greattestman:
Be wise!!!

you are just a bitter person ..........

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Know A Playboy? For The Sake Of Sisters Put Down His Name Here / How To Know If He Truly Wants A Possible Future With You. / Ladies, Which Of These Dating Evils Have You Never Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.