Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow (12338 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU / We Africans Have To Wake Up (enough Of This Oyinbo Na Winch Mentality) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^^ You dey mind people who lack the basic meaning of what democracy is? I cannot for the life of me understand what people argue when they claim democracy is wrong -- my first instinct is to ask if they are close to sane at all.

What is democracy? Does democracy apply to every culture? Is it compatible, particularly with the culture of that region? Do washington DC residents have representatives in the US congress? When were they allowed to vote for US president? Is it because about majority of the population are blacks? Why must African Americans bled and died to have the right to exercise their democratic rights in a country founded on those principles? Blacks got their right to vote in the 60's in the southern states? Why wasn't apartheid south Africa invaded to impose democracy like Libya?

Cmon, let us be truthful to ourselves for once and stop getting our information from one source. In fact, most of the democracies we have today are Ideologies based on false consciousness where corporations and lobbyist dictates policies. The people that practice what is very close to real democracy are the Nordic countries. There are many things I admire about western democracy but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned when necessary. As I stated, I am not a fan of dictators. But those who are saints should be the ones to cast the first stone.

'Sanity and Insanity'. Both words shouldn't be thrown around improperly. If you have facts to back your arguments. Kindly state it, I assume you know better.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2011
Olodostein:

What is democracy? Does democracy apply to every culture? Is it compatible, particularly with the culture of that region? Do washington DC residents have representatives in the US congress? When were they allowed to vote for US president? Is it because about majority of the population are blacks? Why must African Americans bled and died to have the right to exercise their democratic rights in a country founded on those principles? Blacks got their right to vote in the 60's in the southern states? Why wasn't apartheid south Africa invaded to impose democracy like Libya?

Cmon, let us be truthful to ourselves for once and stop getting our information from one source. In fact, most of the democracies we have today are Ideologies based on false consciousness where corporations and lobbyist dictates policies. The people that practice what is very close to real democracy are the Nordic countries. There are many things I admire about western democracy but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned when necessary. As I stated, I am not a fan of dictators. But those who are saints should be the ones to cast the first stone.

'Sanity and Insanity'. Both words shouldn't be thrown around improperly. If you have facts to back your arguments. Kindly state it, I assume you know better.

Here is a simple question for you. What is Democracy? All you need is answer this simple question and tell us how it really applies.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2011
Here is a simple question for you. What is Democracy? All you need is answer this simple question and tell us how it really applies.

Why don't you answer the "simple questions" I asked. Must I write a book for you to understand my stand ? 'Democracy' is a concept. A functionalist view of it may be quite different from a liberal, pragmatist, feminist or Islamist views of it. It is a process of learning to disagree peacefully. It should not be imposed forcefully from outside especially when it is incompatible with certain cultures and religious teachings.

Are you fond of answering questions with questions? Don't be simplistic. You sound much better than that.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Princek12(m): 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2011
Olodostein:

Why don't you answer the "simple questions" I asked.  Must I write a book for you to understand my stand ? 'Democracy' is a concept. A functionalist view of it may be quite different from a liberal, pragmatist, feminist or Islamist views of it.  It is a process of learning to disagree peacefully. It should not be imposed forcefully from outside especially when it is incompatible with certain cultures and religious teachings.

Are you fond of answering questions with questions? Don't be simplistic. You sound much better than that.

Your name says it all: you are an olodo.

Democracy is a concept my arse. So what system of government do you propose as an alternate to democracy: anarchy, autocracy
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
Olodostein:

Why don't you answer the "simple questions" I asked.  Must I write a book for you to understand my stand ? 'Democracy' is a concept. A functionalist view of it may be quite different from a liberal, pragmatist, feminist or Islamist views of it.  It is a process of learning to disagree peacefully. It should not be imposed forcefully from outside especially when it is incompatible with certain cultures and religious teachings.

Democracy is a concept? WOW !!! Are you HIGH?? So the freedom to choose, for oneself, a leader, is a "CONCEPT"??

The Freedom to choose who you want to lead you is ALIEN to some cultures? What cultures are those?>
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 12:23am On Oct 22, 2011
The Freedom to choose who you want to lead you is ALIEN to some cultures? What cultures are those?>

Name one African nation, besides the Igbos, that had a democracy? I dont know any, maybe they were there, but i dont know all the nations in africa pre-colonial.

As far as Ghaddafi bombing his citizens, THERE IS NO PROOF Ghaddafi dropped bombs on any of his citizens. There is not a video in sight, nor have human rights groups come out and said this was true.

The FIRST human rights group to come out against Ghaddafi was based in France. Now how you like them apples?

I actually could post you a live video of libyan soldiers before they were killed by rebels, telling the rebels they only shot at them because the rebels were shooting first. Would anyone watch it? Probably not so i wont load it.

Also, police in libya used non-lethal weapons I believe it's the FN-303, its like a beanbag or something. So shots u hear fired doesnt necessarily mean people are being shot with lethal ammo.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 22, 2011
Your name says it all: you are an olodo.

Democracy is a concept my arse. So what system of government do you propose as an alternate to democracy: anarchy, autocracy

As the other guy stated up there. The African have got no mind of his own. He has been spoon fed with ideas ever since. They cannot think freely. Is that why philosophers upon philosophers have confirmed it? I refuse to accept that an African mind can be in the dark alley forever. I challenge you to think and present facts instead of being a sentimental being.

As George Hegel --- The philosopher puts it.

"The peculiarly African character is difficult to comprehend, for the very reason that in reference to it, we must quite give up the principle which naturally accompanies all our ideas-the category of Universality. In Negro life the characteristic point is the fact that consciousness has not yet attained to the realization of any substantial objective existence-as for example, God, or Law-in which the interest of man's volition is involved and in which he realizes his own being. This distinction between himself as an individual and the universality of his essential being, the African in the uniform, undeveloped oneness of his existence has not yet attained; so that the Knowledge of an absolute Being, an Other and a Higher than his individual self, is entirely wanting. The Negro, as already observed, exhibits the natural man in his completely wild and untamed state. We must lay aside all thought of reverence and morality-all that we call feeling-if we would rightly comprehend him; there is nothing harmonious with humanity to be found in this type of character. The copious and circumstantial accounts of Missionaries completely confirm this, and Mahommedanism appears to be the only thing which in any way brings the Negroes within the range of culture."

Weak minded people resort to insult when they can not Reason correctly and try to present their argument objectively. Yes Democracy is a concept, it was theorized by men. If you read me correctly (which I doubt you did) you would notice that I said, I admire aspects of democracy but I can disagree on some of the process of application.

There are two infinite things in this world: The universe and human stupidity. I am not very sure of the former, but I believe the latter applies to you. Prove on here that you can debate with facts.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 22, 2011
Your exclamation shows that you need to read some books on history, political philosphy and other related subjects. Do not be taught by an imposing media. God gave you the mind to think for yourself.

Democracy is a political system. A concept theorized and formalized by the greeks starting from Socrates.

Do not confuse Natural law/ Basic human rights with Democracy. That is a long debate altogether. Yes, the freedom to choose who you want to lead you is Alien to some cultures. They believe in their religious books as the right law and constitution given to them by God and no man ought to impose his democratic principles on them. Go and ask the Saudi's and others. Have you heard of the Sharia law? You need to study Islamic philosophy. Also do some reading on Orthodox Jewish philosophy.

@Princek12

If you did not think Democracy is a concept. Why did you propose anarchy, autocracy, can i add plutocracy, kleptocracy, communism, feudalism,etc as an alternate concept?

You just contradicted yourself. Therefore, your argument is invalid and your inference is incorrect.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Kobojunkie: 1:01am On Oct 22, 2011
BlackLibya:

Name one African nation, besides the Igbos, that had a democracy? I dont know any, maybe they were there, but i dont know all the nations in africa pre-colonial.

Since you refuse to name one, I will go on with this generic list then. Are those same CULTURES telling you today that because THEIR ANCIENT selves did not practice democracy, democracy REMAINS an ABOMINATION /NO-NO to them? Please be sure to be SPECIFIC about the group you speak of this time around.

BlackLibya:

As far as Ghaddafi bombing his citizens, THERE IS NO PROOF Ghaddafi dropped bombs on any of his citizens. There is not a video in sight, nor have human rights groups come out and said this was true.
Actually there is TONS OF PROOF AND EVIDENCE of this. Even DEFECTED soldiers who BOMBED their own people innitially, have declared what happened. Let's be sure to do our research, shall we??

BlackLibya:

The FIRST human rights group to come out against Ghaddafi was based in France. Now how you like them apples?
I don't know what that means. Would it had made a difference if they were based in, I don't know, China? I mean I don't understand what groups calling out against the human rights attrocities being committed about beings, have to do with where there cry is coming from

BlackLibya:

I actually could post you a live video of libyan soldiers before they were killed by rebels, telling the rebels they only shot at them because the rebels were shooting first. Would anyone watch it? Probably not so i wont load it.
So because a couple of soldiers said that means we should IGNORE all other soldiers who have so far confessed to be ordered to shoot at the people? We should ignore videos and evidence of Ghaddaffi himself calling on those who support him to go out and take down the rats?? :-/

BlackLibya:

Also, police in libya used non-lethal weapons I believe it's the FN-303, its like a beanbag or something. So shots u hear fired doesnt necessarily mean people are being shot with lethal ammo.
Yes, we should IGNORE Ghaddafi ordering the KILLING of the rebels because, you are armed with a story like the one above?? Where the heck do you folks fish this nonsense conclusions out from?? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by koruji(m): 1:37am On Oct 22, 2011
He he he @Beaf. You let off a single gold plated 9mm round. . .

. . . and it is your Obituary - [size=14pt]my laser beam evaporates you, golden gun and flying bullet in an instant. You have just been erased.[/size]

Beaf:
--Beaf saunters in, spots the pot bellied koruji balancing on his lil thin k-legs--
--Cool, precise, deadly. . . Beaf lets off a single gold plated 9mm round--
--Obituary! --
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Princek12(m): 2:47am On Oct 22, 2011
Olodostein:

Your exclamation shows that you need to read some books on history, political philosphy and other related subjects. Do not be taught by an imposing media. God gave you the mind to think for yourself.

Democracy is a political system. A concept theorized and formalized by the greeks starting from Socrates.

Do not confuse Natural law/ Basic human rights with Democracy. That is a long debate altogether.  Yes, the freedom to choose who you want to lead you is Alien to some cultures. They believe in their religious books as the right law and constitution given to them by God and no man ought to impose his democratic principles on them. Go and ask the Saudi's and others.  Have you heard of the Sharia law? You need to study Islamic philosophy. Also do some reading on Orthodox Jewish philosophy.

@Princek12

If you did not think Democracy is a concept. Why did you propose anarchy, autocracy, can i add plutocracy, kleptocracy, communism, feudalism,etc as an alternate concept?

You just contradicted yourself. Therefore, your argument is invalid and your inference is incorrect.

I did not propose anarchy or autocracy. I asked you a question that what form of government do you propose as an alternative to democracy.

Since you posit that democracy is not suitable to African countries, what do you suggest. Simple question. I want a simple answer. I have heard of Sharia law, and the people of Libya have every right to decide the form of government they want to abide. The people of Libya took up arms and fought Gadhafi, and celebrated on the streets upon his demise. So who are you to judge the Libyans for picking up arms and ousting a leader that has tortured them for 42 years and counting? You have no point.

You say that I should not confuse natural law or basic human rights with democracy. Gadhafi denied Libyans the basic human right to protest and express their ideas on the streets, and political opponents were killed. He was shooting Libyans who protested against his regime and was on his way to an all out assault killing his citizens before the US and NATO stepped in.

You are not in touch with reality.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 2:55am On Oct 22, 2011
Since you refuse to name one, I will go on with this generic list then. Are those same CULTURES telling you today that because THEIR ANCIENT selves did not practice democracy, democracy REMAINS an ABOMINATION /NO-NO to them? Please be sure to be SPECIFIC about the group you speak of this time around. From the horn of Africa to South Africa . . . What CULTURAL GROUPS have so far said NO to Democracy?

Actually yes, the peoples of various african nations to this day fight to have their traditional non-elected rulers recognized. Buganda is a great example, as the nation of Buganda only entered into the Federation with Uganda if it was allowed to be autonomous. They had developed a constitutional monarchy, but in THEIR system, the king maintained ultimate power. Eventually, Idi Amin would destroy the palace and Buganda would be forcefully annexed into Uganda.

Actually there is TONS OF PROOF AND EVIDENCE of this. Even DEFECTED soldiers who BOMBED their own people innitially, have declared what happened. Let's be sure to do our research, shall we??

Can you show me a video and not just hearsay? From what I understand, several soldiers were killed in their barracks by the marauding rebels of benghazi, there is proof and pictures of this.  This is what a FN-303 looks like,

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6a/FN_303.JPEG/800px-FN_303.JPEG[/img]

Here is a video, of a libyan police officer, killed after being accused of being an "african mercenary", with his FN-303 on display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYdK-tcXNN0&feature=player_embedded

As far as the bombs being dropped, the two libyan pilots who defected to Malta claiming they had orders to bomb civilians, arrived in Malta ironically with two "unauthorized" French helicopters fleeing benghazi. The French had no paperwork to backup their claims of being oil workers, and just so happened to flee at the same time as the two fighter pilots?

Not to mention, airforce colonel Abdullah Gehani  Libya had been indicted back in January(while he was away in Paris!) on plotting against the govt with the french.(2nd link)

Read here http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetail.asp?c=1&i=5459&archive=1

and here

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MC30Ak01.html

The Libyan pilots you mentioned, never dropped any bombs, no evidence has come out that bombs were ever dropped on civilians, and Saif-Al-Islam has said that aircraft were only sent with to destroy ammunition depots being raided by the rebels.(but it never happened).

Proof no bombs were dropped? Here : http://rt.com/news/airstrikes-libya-russian-military/

I don't know what that means. Would it had made a difference if they were based in, I don't know, China? I mean I don't understand what groups calling out against the human rights attrocities being committed about beings, have to do with where there cry is coming from

So because a couple of soldiers said that means we should IGNORE all other soldiers who have so far confessed to be ordered to shoot at the people? We should ignore videos and evidence of Ghaddaffi himself calling on those who support him to go out and take down the rats?? :-/

I put these two statements together because they go hand in hand. First FIDH was the organization that got all the petitions ready for the UN, and they spearheaded the inquiries into Libya. Yet, they used information that was not true. The 130 soldiers that they claimed were killed by ghaddafi for not firing on protesters included these 22, which were killed by protesters. Here is the video with the translation of the soldiers being interviewed by the rebels,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2T8nlGI-64

The above video was originally uploaded with this title, and sent around to major news stations around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ywJD3sllY&skipcontrinter=1

Here we have a video of soldiers the protesters claimed Ghaddafi killed because they wouldnt shoot them, accompanying article.
http://observers.france24.com/content/20110222-charred-bodies-found-barracks-Benghazi-libya-Gaddafi

According to Saif Al Islam, protesters were only shot after they tried to break into weapons depots and barracks. Here we have an article in the Guardian, detailing how one man suicide bombed himself into the barracks in Benghazi. Remember those funeral processions ghaddafi soldiers were shooting at? Well, he was in the funeral procession and was using it as cover. So much for being peaceful right?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/23/libya-benghazi-gaddafi-revolution

Once inside the barracks, firefights ensued, and protesters began burning people. And arresting other Africans, burning them as well. As attested to here from a UN press release:

Chadian nationals who had been arrested on the basis of their nationality, and taken to the
military barracks in Benghazi. Dozens of armed persons either in military style or civilian
clothing were said to have poured kerosene on their bodies and burned them to death on 21
February.270

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/17session/A.HRC.17.44_AUV.pdf

The same day that happened, this video came out, from the barracks in benghazi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lmKpNMOvI&feature=player_embedded

Another soldier, set on fire(video)

http://libyasos..com/2011/07/v-burned-soldier-18.html

on top of that we have this report from reuters here, saying nobody was killed in benghazi on feb. 16th

Reuters's bureau in Tripoli has some news from Benghazi, where hundreds of protesters clashed with police and pro-government supporters:

Quryna newspaper, which is based in Benghazi, reported 38 people were hurt in the clashes, most of them members of the security forces. It said they had all been discharged.

"Last night was a bad night," a Benghazi resident, who did not want to be identified, told Reuters by telephone.

"There were about 500 or 600 people involved. They went to the revolutionary committee (local government headquarters) in Sabri district, and they tried to go to the central revolutionary committee ,  They threw stones," he said.

"Now Benghazi is quiet. The banks are open and the students are going to school," the same witness said later. He said there were no reports of anyone killed in the clashes.

The city of Beyida has seen some of the heaviest clashes between protesters and security forces, with police stations set on fire. Police responded by rounding up activists. Lately there have been repeated claims of the use of live fire by security forces, with some witnesses seeing snipers in the security headquarters wounding several people

In Zentan, south of Tripoli, hundreds of protesters marched through the streets and set fire to a police station and government offices, before establishing a camp in the centre of the city modeled on Egypt's Tahrir Square.

Anyway, im tired of posting quotes as you can see, the rebels were attacking the police and being ridiculous, activities that would never be tolerated in nigeria, U.S, or anywhere.

If you would like to see the interview with Saif Al Islam, and his account of what actually happened I will be glad to provide it to you, matter of fact, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpMugPQC4ZY
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by naira2011(m): 3:21am On Oct 22, 2011
What happened today in Libya is the beginning of Second colonisation of Africa and in as much as we Africans have not seen it as the wake up call to stand up against western hegemony and blackmailing black skin people as inferior in everything, we will continue to argue and never reach a consensus to give valuable ideas on how to protect our land. Western leaders will use the term "dictator" to win the heart of the masses of any country that they want to interfere in and create a conflict with a method of divide and rule thereby paving the way for their imperialistic agenda. I have said it long time ago, development does not come in a year or even in a decades but the situation whereby you are not allowed to develop then you can never reach that stage. What Ghaddafi had built for 42years was destroyed by coalition forces of NATO (war mongering nations) within 6 months and stoned back Libya to 50 years under-development.

Ideal situation is we want development, good governance , peace and stability but in reality we cannot sit down and think of our own economic and political models that will best serve African cultural values and lifestyles. Ghadaffi was killed because he is the only African leader that brought so many proposals to African Union(AU) that will make Africa independent from European and Western governments. He proposed African Communication Satellites that will bring fast internet speed and ease telecommunications in Africa which Europe is making $500million U.S. dollars every year from, He proposed African Monetary Fund (AMF headquartered in Cameroon) worth of $70Billion US dollars that will stop Africa countries from borrowing money from IMF( A cancerous global elite fund to cause poverty in developing world), He proposed African Central Bank that will stop all French monetary currency economies of CFA francs e.g. Cameroon, Benin to create their own currency like Nigeria naira, increase trades among African nations and secure our assets and monetary system and so on and so forth.

Ghadaffi was a great man of Africa and he will remain so but people should not make mistakes that the blood of Ghadaffi will continue to HUNT Libya for generations unless God have mercy upon them. Africa solution is not sitting down in different corners of the globe beside computers and writing so many ideologies and philosophies but it boils down to coming together as one people, one mind and work towards one goal. The western countries are coming in a big time, this is just the beginning. I told some people in London in 2008 that something will happen and that they should find exit strategies to their living in British economy and 3 months after, economic crisis began in Europe and America which resulted to most of those people lost their jobs and some had to leave the United Kingdom.

Mummer Ghadaffi was a strong man of Africa and I said it today that even my own country NIGERIA that supposed to stop NATO invasion by voting against NO-FLY-ZONE at the UNSC will have a price to pay in the process. Ghadaffi blood will bring so many aftermath chaotic incidents to the world very soon. We should ALL be ready to see the next Apocalypse that will cut across all continents because one of the strongest military force in planet Earth had killed a man that God created for humanity. My fellow people on Nairaland, we had witnessed another direct killing of the likes of Patrice Lumuba(DRC), Thomas Sankara (Burkina Faso) e.t, al on Africa continent and what I will like to say in the end is we must come together as one nation, one people and aim at one goal.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Kobojunkie: 3:26am On Oct 22, 2011
Since he is such a great man, then may your life be ruled by a Ghaddafi @naira2011 . . . Amen! undecided
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2011
Please ma guys no one should justify war in any country,the results is a disaster!know dis"unity is the identity of any progressing society"we should do things in unison if repel it,our minds re full of poison,everybody would now stay in their prison,so let's reason!if u fall short of the law then u re lawless no matter wat u did or accomplished!, am done!!!
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Builder: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2011
Hakariri and Olodostein, reading you guys is very refreshing. The only true leader Africa will ever have is Gadaffi, i just hope and pray the citizens of Libya will not regret the day the killed him. Like someone once said, this is the second colonisation of Africa, shame that the light at the end of the tunnel for Africa has finally been extinguish . RIP Africa
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2011
@Princek12

I did not propose anarchy or autocracy. I asked you a question that what form of government do you propose as an alternative to democracy.

Since you posit that democracy is not suitable to African countries, what do you suggest. Simple question. I want a simple answer. I have heard of Sharia law, and the people of Libya have every right to decide the form of government they want to abide. The people of Libya took up arms and fought Gadhafi, and celebrated on the streets upon his demise. So who are you to judge the Libyans for picking up arms and ousting a leader that has tortured them for 42 years and counting? You have no point.

You say that I should not confuse natural law or basic human rights with democracy. Gadhafi denied Libyans the basic human right to protest and express their ideas on the streets, and political opponents were killed. He was shooting Libyans who protested against his regime and was on his way to an all out assault killing his citizens before the US and NATO stepped in.

You are not in touch with reality.

You are distorting my facts. Read my position again. I did not specifically say democracy is not suitable to "all" African countries. It is being used as a disguise for bad intentions by forcefully imposing it. The IMF will be in Libya by next month for loan agreement. I doubt Ghaddafi has ever asked them for any in the past. Western oil and gas companies are trooping in for contracts. Oil stocks, pension funds and what have you, have all gone up. Maybe you can go invest in them, it is quite a wise investment now. Why didn't George Bush accept the election result in the Gaza strip? Was it because they were radicals with Islamist agenda and the pledge to destroy Israel? He simply didn't want to legitimize their ideology. My friend, this is politics. There is a double standard !

Basic human rights is one of the components of a democratic system. In fact, as have been observed, democracy function better with a very educated, informed and analytical electorate. For instance, does an Almajiri or an uneducated individual from other regions of Nigeria understand the policies of the candidate he is told or bribed to vote for? That is why you have got people voting based on religious and tribal sentiments(Muslim or christian) and thugs intimidating and doing dirty jobs for their political masters. If the populace was very well educated, it would be a different atmosphere altogether. That is why democracy flourishes in western countries especially Europe. Because they can think for themselves and analyze the policies being proposed by candidates. Although, America has significant portion of very educated electorate, still a huge percentage of the not to educated and informed are still being carried away by hype, religious and ethnic sentiments. You see, reaching true democracy is a process.

Again, I do not condone dictatorship and brutal ways. But maybe a "benevolent dictator" would strengthen Nigeria and put those stubborn Nigerians in check. What do you think? Besides, why is the UN talking of probing Ghaddafi's death----executioner style------ by the rebels? Instead of them handing him over to the UN tribunal for trials, huh? They are the new champions of democracy. What happened to the adherence of UN chater under Geneva conventions? Oh and the death of innocent black Libyans/ black African immigrants must be probed too. I thought the rebels could use their democratic principles to differentiate between mercenaries and innocent people caught in the middle. What do you think Professor?

we can always agree to disagree without calling each other names. If you say, I am out of touch with reality, time will tell.

I still be your Olodo abi? Olodo fit write like this? Hehe, dat username na cameoflage oooo.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
@naira2011
What happened today in Libya is the beginning of Second colonisation of Africa and in as much as we Africans have not seen it as the wake up call to stand up against western hegemony and blackmailing black skin people as inferior in everything, we will continue to argue and never reach a consensus to give valuable ideas on how to protect our land. Western leaders will use the term "dictator" to win the heart of the masses of any country that they want to interfere in and create a conflict with a method of divide and rule thereby paving the way for their imperialistic agenda. I have said it long time ago, development does not come in a year or even in a decades but the situation whereby you are not allowed to develop then you can never reach that stage. What Ghaddafi had built for 42years was destroyed by coalition forces of NATO (war mongering nations) within 6 months and stoned back Libya to 50 years under-development.

Ideal situation is we want development, good governance , peace and stability but in reality we cannot sit down and think of our own economic and political models that will best serve African cultural values and lifestyles. Ghadaffi was killed because he is the only African leader that brought so many proposals to African Union(AU) that will make Africa independent from European and Western governments. He proposed African Communication Satellites that will bring fast internet speed and ease telecommunications in Africa which Europe is making $500million U.S. dollars every year from, He proposed African Monetary Fund (AMF headquartered in Cameroon) worth of $70Billion US dollars that will stop Africa countries from borrowing money from IMF( A cancerous global elite fund to cause poverty in developing world), He proposed African Central Bank that will stop all French monetary currency economies of CFA francs e.g. Cameroon, Benin to create their own currency like Nigeria naira, increase trades among African nations and secure our assets and monetary system and so on and so forth.

Ghadaffi was a great man of Africa and he will remain so but people should not make mistakes that the blood of Ghadaffi will continue to HUNT Libya for generations unless God have mercy upon them. Africa solution is not sitting down in different corners of the globe beside computers and writing so many ideologies and philosophies but it boils down to coming together as one people, one mind and work towards one goal. The western countries are coming in a big time, this is just the beginning. I told some people in London in 2008 that something will happen and that they should find exit strategies to their living in British economy and 3 months after, economic crisis began in Europe and America which resulted to most of those people lost their jobs and some had to leave the United Kingdom.

Mummer Ghadaffi was a strong man of Africa and I said it today that even my own country NIGERIA that supposed to stop NATO invasion by voting against NO-FLY-ZONE at the UNSC will have a price to pay in the process. Ghadaffi blood will bring so many aftermath chaotic incidents to the world very soon. We should ALL be ready to see the next Apocalypse that will cut across all continents because one of the strongest military force in planet Earth had killed a man that God created for humanity. My fellow people on Nairaland, we had witnessed another direct killing of the likes of Patrice Lumuba(DRC), Thomas Sankara (Burkina Faso) e.t, al on Africa continent and what I will like to say in the end is we must come together as one nation, one people and aim at one goal.

Quite a nice write up. It shows that you are informed and passionate about bringing change to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. We are dealing with very powerful forces. But we don't need to fear their arsenals, none of them can stop the time.

Our puppets leaders are not doing anything.For now, we are powerless as citizens. But nothing is impossible.

How can we go about making sure history does not repeat itself by the ongoing second colonization and scramble for Africa? Have you got proposals. I am interested in hearing your views.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2011
my first post was marked as spam? I will try to repost it, it was filled with all my rebuttals, hopefully i do not get marked again.

Before I make my next post, i would like to leave something for the moderators to see. My post is necessary in order to respond to a previous post here. None of the links are spam, but are from different websites with the articles and official reports to prove my argument. It is only in the interest of spreading information, so if the auto-spam bot blocks me again, please unblock me and leave my post, or send me a message as to why my post cannot be left as is.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
Since you refuse to name one, I will go on with this generic list then. Are those same CULTURES telling you today that because THEIR ANCIENT selves did not practice democracy, democracy REMAINS an ABOMINATION /NO-NO to them? Please be sure to be SPECIFIC about the group you speak of this time around. From the horn of Africa to South Africa . . . What CULTURAL GROUPS have so far said NO to Democracy?

Actually yes, the peoples of various african nations to this day fight to have their traditional non-elected rulers recognized. Buganda is a great example, as the nation of Buganda only entered into the Federation with Uganda if it was allowed to be autonomous. They had developed a constitutional monarchy, but in THEIR system, the king maintained ultimate power. Eventually, Idi Amin would destroy the palace and Buganda would be forcefully annexed into Uganda.

Can you show me a video and not just hearsay? From what I understand, several soldiers were killed in their barracks by the marauding rebels of benghazi, there is proof and pictures of this. This is what a FN-303 looks like,

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6a/FN_303.JPEG/800px-FN_303.JPEG[/img]

Here is a video, of a libyan police officer, killed after being accused of being an "african mercenary", with his FN-303 on display

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYdK-tcXNN0&feature=player_embedded

As far as the bombs being dropped, the two libyan pilots who defected to Malta claiming they had orders to bomb civilians, arrived in Malta ironically with two "unauthorized" French helicopters fleeing benghazi. The French had no paperwork to backup their claims of being oil workers, and just so happened to flee at the same time as the two fighter pilots?

Not to mention, airforce colonel Abdullah Gehani Libya had been indicted back in January(while he was away in Paris!) on plotting against the govt with the french.(2nd link)

Read here http://www.tripolipost.com/articledetail.asp?c=1&i=5459&archive=1

and here

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MC30Ak01.html

The Libyan pilots you mentioned, never dropped any bombs, no evidence has come out that bombs were ever dropped on civilians, and Saif-Al-Islam has said that aircraft were only sent with to destroy ammunition depots being raided by the rebels.(but it never happened).

Proof no bombs were dropped? Here : http://rt.com/news/airstrikes-libya-russian-military/

I put these two statements together because they go hand in hand. First FIDH was the organization that got all the petitions ready for the UN, and they spearheaded the inquiries into Libya. Yet, they used information that was not true. The 130 soldiers that they claimed were killed by ghaddafi for not firing on protesters included these 22, which were killed by protesters. Here is the video with the translation of the soldiers being interviewed by the rebels,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2T8nlGI-64

The above video was originally uploaded with this title, and sent around to major news stations around the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ywJD3sllY&skipcontrinter=1

Here we have a video of soldiers the protesters claimed Ghaddafi killed because they wouldnt shoot them, accompanying article.
http://observers.france24.com/content/20110222-charred-bodies-found-barracks-Benghazi-libya-Gaddafi

According to Saif Al Islam, protesters were only shot after they tried to break into weapons depots and barracks. Here we have an article in the Guardian, detailing how one man suicide bombed himself into the barracks in Benghazi. Remember those funeral processions ghaddafi soldiers were shooting at? Well, he was in the funeral procession and was using it as cover. So much for being peaceful right?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/23/libya-benghazi-gaddafi-revolution

Once inside the barracks, firefights ensued, and protesters began burning people. And arresting other Africans, burning them as well. As attested to here from a UN press release:

Chadian nationals who had been arrested on the basis of their nationality, and taken to the
military barracks in Benghazi. Dozens of armed persons either in military style or civilian
clothing were said to have poured kerosene on their bodies and burned them to death on 21
February.270

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/17session/A.HRC.17.44_AUV.pdf

The same day that happened, this video came out, from the barracks in benghazi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92lmKpNMOvI&feature=player_embedded

Another soldier, set on fire(video)

[ask for link]

on top of that we have this report from reuters here, saying nobody was killed in benghazi on feb. 16th

Reuters's bureau in Tripoli has some news from Benghazi, where hundreds of protesters clashed with police and pro-government supporters:

Quryna newspaper, which is based in Benghazi, reported 38 people were hurt in the clashes, most of them members of the security forces. It said they had all been discharged.

"Last night was a bad night," a Benghazi resident, who did not want to be identified, told Reuters by telephone.

"There were about 500 or 600 people involved. They went to the revolutionary committee (local government headquarters) in Sabri district, and they tried to go to the central revolutionary committee , They threw stones," he said.

"Now Benghazi is quiet. The banks are open and the students are going to school," the same witness said later. He said there were no reports of anyone killed in the clashes.

The city of Beyida has seen some of the heaviest clashes between protesters and security forces, with police stations set on fire. Police responded by rounding up activists. Lately there have been repeated claims of the use of live fire by security forces, with some witnesses seeing snipers in the security headquarters wounding several people

In Zentan, south of Tripoli, hundreds of protesters marched through the streets and set fire to a police station and government offices, before establishing a camp in the centre of the city modeled on Egypt's Tahrir Square.

Anyway, im tired of posting quotes as you can see, the rebels were attacking the police and being ridiculous, activities that would never be tolerated in nigeria, U.S, or anywhere.

If you would like to see the interview with Saif Al Islam, and his account of what actually happened I will be glad to provide it to you in a subsequent post, but i have removed to links from this post in order to attempt to avoid being marked as spam.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 5:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
(redundant see above post)
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by cap28: 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2011
most africans are fools - i say this because many of us are not intelligent enough to think for ourselves - an intelligent person has an inquisitve mind, an intelligent person does their own independent research.

what i cant understand is why we africans continue to use democracy as a template for african rule  when democracy doesnt even exist in its entirety in western countries, if america were a democratic nation how come it denied african americans the vote until 1968? infact not only were blacks denied the vote they were denied acces to the same level of education as whites, teh same quality of housing as whites, access to the same jobs as whites, access to the same quality of health care as whites - AND THIS WAS LEGAL!!! this was actually enshrined in their law - you can check up on all the  pre civil rights legislation and you will find so many laws which have now been repealed but which effectively legitimised the racial segregation of blacks in a nation built on the sweat and blood of africans.

even today black americans are not treated as equals and majority of them still face the same discrimination that their fathers and mothers faced before the civil rights movement, therefore why should such a nation which created and fought hard to keep such a system,  stand in judgement on any other nation let alone set the standard for other nations?

You only have to look at the type of leaders that america has financed and supported over the years to know that the word democracy means nothing to them - criminals, murderers, rap.ists, genocidal maniacs throughout history have been backed, armed and supported by the US govt and yet africans continue to deceive themselves into beleiving that democracy is the solution to their problems.

In my opinion i beleive that it is already too late for africa to free itself from western exploitation because militarily africa can not even defend itself from a NATO intervention - the first thing any nation should do in order to guarantee its freedom from exploitation from any external force is to build up a formidable army

we witnessed the courageous and valiant resistance that the libyans put up against a military machine made up of more than 40 european nations as well as the united states, canada, australia and new zealand, a tiny nation of brave men and women fought to defend themselves from the satanic forces of NATO but in the end they could not withstand the superior fire power of NATO all the same i respect and admire their courage in choosing death over enslavement to the europeans and americans.

Can any african nation imagine themselves fending off NATO for 8 good months as the libyans did? can nigerian with its obsolete military equipment even attempt to do what libya did? the only african country which might come close is south africa but lets not forget that south africa is not run by blacks but by whites who still control the economy of that country, so in my opiinion africa stands on the cusp of a second recolonisation - no african leader will dare prevent the siting of the US africa command military bases after what has just happened in libya  - we had our chance to become powerful but due to wickedness, s.tupidity, greed, cowardice and failure to learn from history we must submit once again to another 500 years of european/american enslavement.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2011
an intelligent person has an inquisitve mind, an intelligent person does their own independent research.

For some reason on this site, when you try to post a response, the spambot gets you.

I originally posted a response to kobojunkie, with 2 pictures and 12 links, and i got banned by the spambot.

I reduced it to 2 pictures and 10 links, banned.

Reduced it again to 1 picture and 4 links, banned.

I give up, its annoying and its not fair.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by naira2011(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
Olodostein:

@naira2011
Quite a nice write up. It shows that you are informed and passionate about bringing change to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. We are dealing with very powerful forces. But we don't need to fear their arsenals, none of them can stop the time.

Our puppets leaders are not doing anything.For now, we are powerless as citizens. But nothing is impossible.

How can we go about making sure history does not repeat itself by the ongoing second colonization and scramble for Africa?   Have you got proposals. I am interested in hearing your views.

@Olodostein

The aim of western governments is to bring down the big nations of Africa(namely Libya, Egypt, South Africa, Algeria and Nigeria) and the process has already begun. They already had meetings resemble the one they had in 1884-85 tagged Berlin Conference (Regulated European colonization and trade in Africa) to cause conflicts and wars in Africa and kickstart the project "Scramble for Africa" and crushing the influence of the Chinese in Africa. Second colonisation of Africa could be stopped infact it could be totally annihilated but the reality is that we've got alot of work to do. Before I proceed in my own suggestions, I want to reach out to all Africans on this forum ( this is because I have seen people argue blindly and supporting NATO invasion while some were against but the fact is this that those that suppport NATO invasion did lack appropriate information to make them understand the behaviours of the western world towards Africa) that we can never become a friend of the western nations because they are not interested to accept black into the real world of humanity and it is like a decree or constitution which was binded by their founding fathers. That is why if we are not very careful I can assure African continent that we will soon enter another era of slavery that is direct and open.

I have couple of ideas and proposals but for those who are interested, I will only say we should find a way to reach out to each other and discuss them. Of course I can make them public but not everyone here is interested in change for changes to come to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. So many people have given up on Africa even our leaders have been threatened to stop development of their respective countries or do what they say either from Washington, London or Paris.

If not because of the WW2 that caused the collapsed of European empire, so many nations in Africa will never dream of independence talkless of getting them from their European colonial masters. The reality on ground is that white people have studied Africans and they discovered that we are not united and they increase the spirit of disunity by causing conflicts and poverty in Africa through so many means of trade protectionisms and blockage of technology transfer. We have seen how NATO used their military force to destroy Libya economy and her infrastructure which will drag them backward for another 50years. Ghadaffi refused to take orders from the WEST that is why he was killed and he had alot of ambitions that will unite Africa and bring peace and real sovereignty to Africa but he was killed by NATO missile on a broad daylight in this modern day Information age and we are saying that we are under the United Nations, my people that is a fallacy.

We are the architect of our own fortune and misfortune and if we come together now, we can still make a change and bring development to Africa, our only home, our root so that the coming generations will not ask us when they are force again to wash plates for white people, sweep Their streets, wash th bottom of their aged fathers and mothers, clean their toilets and stop us to even develop back home on our land so that we will not even think of returning back. Poverty in Africa is Materialism in the WEST!
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Bright2(m): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2011
pls dont distract me i am mourning Gaddafi.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2011
African Hero
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkNjw7J9PY?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">[/flash]
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by cap28: 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
naira2011:

@Olodostein

The aim of western governments is to bring down the big nations of Africa(namely Libya, Egypt, South Africa, Algeria and Nigeria) and the process has already begun. They already had meetings resemble the one they had in 1884-85 tagged Berlin Conference (Regulated European colonization and trade in Africa) to cause conflicts and wars in Africa and kickstart the project "Scramble for Africa" and crushing the influence of the Chinese in Africa. Second colonisation of Africa could be stopped infact it could be totally annihilated but the reality is that we've got alot of work to do. Before I proceed in my own suggestions, I want to reach out to all Africans on this forum ( this is because I have seen people argue blindly and supporting NATO invasion while some were against but the fact is this that those that suppport NATO invasion did lack appropriate information to make them understand the behaviours of the western world towards Africa) that we can never become a friend of the western nations because they are not interested to accept black into the real world of humanity and it is like a decree or constitution which was binded by their founding fathers. That is why if we are not very careful I can assure African continent that we will soon enter another era of slavery that is direct and open.

I have couple of ideas and proposals but for those who are interested, I will only say we should find a way to reach out to each other and discuss them. Of course I can make them public but not everyone here is interested in change for changes to come to Nigeria and Africa as a whole. So many people have given up on Africa even our leaders have been threatened to stop development of their respective countries or do what they say either from Washington, London or Paris.

If not because of the WW2 that caused the collapsed of European empire, so many nations in Africa will never dream of independence talkless of getting them from their European colonial masters. The reality on ground is that white people have studied Africans and they discovered that we are not united and they increase the spirit of disunity by causing conflicts and poverty in Africa through so many means of trade protectionisms and blockage of technology transfer. We have seen how NATO used their military force to destroy Libya economy and her infrastructure which will drag them backward for another 50years. Ghadaffi refused to take orders from the WEST that is why he was killed and he had alot of ambitions that will unite Africa and bring peace and real sovereignty to Africa but he was killed by NATO missile on a broad daylight in this modern day Information age and we are saying that we are under the United Nations, my people that is a fallacy.

We are the architect of our own fortune and misfortune and if we come together now, we can still make a change and bring development to Africa, our only home, our root so that the coming generations will not ask us when they are force again to wash plates for white people, sweep Their streets, wash th bottom of their aged fathers and mothers, clean their toilets and stop us to even develop back home on our land so that we will not even think of returning back. Poverty in Africa is Materialism in the WEST!

i agree with practically everything you've said but my question is this - how can any african nation now escape total recolonisation when in nigeria alone we are not united? how do you overcome your enemy when you can not even unite with those that you share one country with? its impossible.

Secondly how do you defend yourself without a decent military? Libya was a hundred times better equipped than nigeria militarily but the air power from nato was just too overwhelming - which african country can defeat that?
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by nolongTing: 11:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
cap28:

i agree with practically everything you've said but my question is this - how can any african nation now escape total recolonisation when in nigeria alone we are not united? how do you overcome your enemy when you can not even unite with those that you share one country with? its impossible.

Secondly how do you defend yourself without a decent military? Libya was a hundred times better equipped than nigeria militarily but the air power from nato was just too overwhelming - which african country can defeat that?

Nigerias army is stronger than Libya's Army, even Saif confirmed that they made a mistake by not renewing their arsenal.

Secondly, this idea of Unity, some kind of Utopia is a joke. What Africa needs is co-operation. What continent is united? None, but Europeans co-operate and Africans don't. Its about professionalism and management.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by naira2011(m): 12:53am On Oct 23, 2011
cap28:

i agree with practically everything you've said but my question is this - how can any African nation now escape total recolonisation when in Nigeria alone we are not united?  how do you overcome your enemy when you can not even unite with those that you share one country with? its impossible.

Secondly how do you defend yourself without a decent military? Libya was a hundred times better equipped than Nigeria militarily but the air power from NATO was just too overwhelming - which African country can defeat that?

@cap28

Is very simple and is not a magic. If for example Nigerian government can implement social security for all citizens to have insurance to feed himself if he/she is not working monthly then we can now talk to Nigerian people. An hungry man is an angry man they say, immediately we resolve that then all youth will listen to what government will say and we will now make use of the best of Nigerian brains, university professors, scientist and establish research laboratory to manufacture some weapons with our raw materials for security and defence of the country. We will work with some nations that the United States called rogue states like Iran to transfer some technologies to us because they will be fast and willing to do so against the interest of the United States and Europe at the international stage.

Make no mistakes, if we want to develop we should be expecting sanctions and cutting off ties with the WEST. Even if we don't want that, they will do it against us to cripple our plans and agenda. The big nations will then have to write a proposal as one of the ideas that I have to create African Military Alliance(AMA) which will comprises of all African countries and the treaty that will be signed will say attack on one African nation means attack on all. At the international stage we would include irrespective of UN Security Council resolution we Africans deserve to create our own formidable military force and security against any enemies. The treaty will be signed and we will have African military bases all over Africa will considerable army from different nations, it will create jobs for the jobless Africans that are strong to fight for their land against the imperialist.

We will invest in  weapons manufacturing in different countries all over Africa in all strategic zones. I know you are thinking of who will help us with necessary expertise, that is why we have to work with some countries like Iran, North Korea, some Asian countries and even the Chinese. Part of the strategic command post will be located in some North African countries that is closer to Europe in case of NATO attack and we will continue research on air power and how to manufacture missiles that can travel to the mainland of enemies countries. We will threatened to pull out of United Nations if all these projects want to be blocked. We will sign security treaties with some countries that is against the WEST that they have obligation to help Africa once it is attacked. The African military alliance once it is set up , we will kick out all UN forces and foreign armies on the continent as part of the treaty signed by African countries that hosted all these foreign armies.

When NATO declared war against Libya, if African Union already has same like NATO-African Military Alliance and also declare war against NATO countries by land, air, sea I don't think the rest of the world superpowers like Russia and Chinese will be looking for the whole world to be in a chaos. I promise you the resolution will be cancelled and the peace plan brought to Benghazi by AU presented by Jacob Zuma would have been accepted at the end of the day.

Nigeria leaders just need to see why we have to act now and the youth in the country must be ready to create the awareness and we will start from somewhere otherwise when all those leaders that are already 50-60years of age died in 20yrs time, then we would be left with all these problems and project "Scramble for Africa" resources and control must have been at the mature stage. We can do it, we just need a collective mind, a mind that is not selfish and not think of himself alone but the community at large and even the generations to come.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by BlackLibya: 1:12am On Oct 23, 2011
Part of the strategic command post will be located in some North African countries that is closer to Europe in case of NATO attack and we will continue research on air power and how to manufacture missiles that can travel to the mainland of enemies countries

The new libya will never let that happen.

Anyway, the problem with your proposal is that almost all of West, Central, and now North Africa is under French control. How do you expect leaders to agree to plans that France will not support? France has the power to wreck havoc even on the most open minded leaders because they control the CFA Franc. France along with the EU funds almost every regional bloc in Africa, esp. of note to you would be ECOWAS. So how do you expect this to ever happen? Ghaddafi had the money to make it happen irregardless of what Europe wanted, no other African country has the money, maybe ZA, but they are not interested.
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Horus(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2011
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odqeb8cXD-g&feature=channel_video_title[/flash]

The Evil Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and NATO Rats Sodomizing of Muammar Gaddafi
Re: As Long As We Africans Are Not United Khaddafis, Sankaras, Savimbis Will Follow by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2011
The cold blooded murder of Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, will never go unpunished. People who rejoiced of his death, the likes of Hilary Clinton and hypocrite Obama will never have rest of mind. They and other accomplices will pay for this dreadful act. We will continue the fight to rid Africa of colonialist agenda. We will protect Africa's resources for her children and bring those who conspire against us to justice. We will cut off the hand of those who collaborate with the west and banish those who betray Mama Africa.

During the rule of Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi, Black Africans/Black Libyans had the same opportunity as their fellow Arab citizens. They could go anywhere, participate in everything and had equal rights. According to my friend who lived and worked in Libya, if anyone harassed a black man for no just cause, that person will have to face justice. Blacks were respected and giving their space. The Arab citizens were very envious and furious of this, because right from time, they have always considered themselves to be superior to black Africans. They call us slaves and refereed to non-Arab women as whores including western women. That is why when the war started , they unleashed their hatred on Blacks.

Now, all that have changed. Blacks are being hunted and killed with impunity by these so called "rebels". In today's Libya, Blacks are afraid to come out of their houses. Even to go out and get necessary things like food, they can't because for fear of being attacked. The western media and their "rebel" friends orchestrated a propaganda campaign to label anyone black in Libya as mercenaries. It worked for them and ever since our brothers have suffered in the hands of these terrorist(rebels) including Nigerians. If it wasn't a CNN reported who came across a group of 7 Nigerians that were saying their last prayer before being taken to the killing field to be butchered, they would have been lying six feet under the ground as we speak. Even, Orji Uzo Kalu sent an appreciation letter to that reporter, thanking him for his selfless sacrifice, good conscience and making sure the Nigerians were in safe hands. We all knows what happened to others that were so unlucky

This is the New Libya those of you who come here celebrating the death of Brother Leader want. You are so ignorant of what is happening there. Your only source of information is via western media and you cannot independently question their reports because you have got no mind of your own. You are simply brainwashed and a traitor to your race and continent. You are your own worst enemy. You come here to spew unfounded rubbish because you are given scraps from their table and you seek for a residence permit in those western countries. Some of you in the diaspora who think you belong there, your day of reckoning is coming. It is no surprise that anytime there is an economic crises, blacks and other disadvantaged minorities are the first to be laid off. Why can't you free yourself from mental and slave mentality? Oh, and you think the rebels are your friends because you support them? Well, since those of you who come here to defend and support them are blacks, I challenge you to go to today's Libya now and try to say that to their face that you have always supported their cause since the uprising. I will bet my everything, that you are 100% likely to be butchered or imprisoned in very bad condition by those rebels you call your innocent friends and have have always supported. Mark my words, henceforth, the black man who happens to be or go to Libya will always be treated as an animal and a suspect from now on.

The military commander of Tripoli was/is a a terrorist sympathizer and former jihad fighter for the Taliban and Osama in Afghanistan. NATO have done a grave mistake that they will forever regret. The people they have put in power will turn against them very soon. That is how the Arab mind works, they never appreciate anything. Their values deeply goes against western values and both will never reach a compromise. Oh, the commander says that he will sue Britain and America for their hands in his torture. He alleged that Western intelligence partnered with Libyan Intelligence under Ghaddafi to carry on their so called war on terror. You see, the game is just starting. Gaddafi himself hated Islamic fundamentalists, he fought them tooth and nail and look for them in every nook and cranies. He was the first to mark Osama as a very dangerous man and a threat to the world. Western leaders pallied with Gaddafi and sought his co-operation in every level. Now they have betrayed him. But they will pay the heavy price for this. I bet you, it is just a matter of time.

Brother leader was a man proud of his roots. He acknowledged that Libya belongs to black Africans and that the Arabs came and settled there. Those Arab leaders hated him for speaking the truth and isolated him. That is one of the reasons they endorsed the No fly zone. He sought to make Africa independent in every endeavour. He invested in many African countries and contributed to their fight for Liberation. He had his faults and very eccentric. But tell me, who is perfect in this world? World leaders came to his tents, he never went to them unnecessary. His first visit to the USA was in 2009 i think for the UN general assembly. He visited Italy( former Libya colonial master) once through out his rule. If a Libyan was harassed outside of Libya, he made sure those responsible pay for it. He was the first leader to call on the western countries to pay Africa 7.7 trillion dollars for their role in Colonialism and slavery. He was derided by European leaders for allowing Africans to cross to Europe via Libya. He told them that until Europe stop their dirty dealings in Africa and let Africans take care of themselves, the influx of immigrants to Europe will continue.

A strong man, A man of his words. A fighter. You must treat him as an equal or phuck off. He brought pride to his people and made their life the best in Africa and one of the best in the world. A soldier who took reigns of a huge poor country like Libya from western puppet King Idris at a young age of 27. A leader murdered in cold blood. Those rebel terrorist would have never had a chance against Gaddafi if it wasn't for NATO air raids.

A man of dignity brother leader you are. A man who chose death over slavery. What is a man without dignity?

Rest in Peace Brother Leader Colonel Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What I Discussed With Buhari Yesterday – Ghana’s President-elect, Akufo-addo / Sierra Leone Declares Nationwide Curfew After Suspected Coupeist Attack Armoury / Canadian Woman Arrested For Smuggling Cocaine With Fake Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 218
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.