Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? (2766 Views)

Guys.with.cold Feet / Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy / Has Her Fiance' Developed Cold Feet And If Yes, What Can She Do About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Priscila(f): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2006
Tables have turned and today its women who are running from commitment. Based on Hollywood script which coincidentally became something of reality TV version of the movie( Runaway Bride) Let me find out about this! and why?
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by whitelexi(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2006
I dont know what the situation is in the US but i can tell u that here in london, it is the other way round. Any babe u say hi to and kinda get close to, I mean close enuff for her to start visiting u, today it will be a shoe that she'll leave behind and the next day she'll leave some clothes, maybe a nightie and so on - she'll be moving into your apartment slowly, before u know it, she has moved in with u oh. grin
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2006
for me, the thought of marriage gets me all sweet and kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by chinani(f): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2006
i agree. women do get cold feet more nowadays. i think it's b/c they realize that life is very long & "for better or for worse" can seem even longer if you make the wrong choice of husband. bottom line: men are unreliable & women have other options as far as children, careers & relationships!

@ whitelexi

just call the fumigators & say, "i have an insect, er woman infestation". haha!
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by alj(m): 1:01am On Mar 06, 2006
i think women are seeing through the lie that is marriage! what would a woman get out of a traditional wedding? 1) cook and clean for husband 2) bare many children 3) stay sexy for husband 4) be master chef in bedroom 5) be LovePeddler in the bedroom 6) have so many babies you get fat and husband looks elsewhere. Na i think this goin be real problem for younger generation in a few years - think loads of young ladies think men are just bad- look at the postings on this forum ;why do men cheat, why do men lie, are good looking men more unfaithful. they ain't going to take no more. they've got our number. smiley
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by spoilt(f): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2009
marriage is exhausting. Period. To think that i used to be carefree. . . . . . . . . grin
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Hauwa1: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2009
yes, i am big time. so i got to wait cool
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Hauwa1: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
whitelexi:

I dont know what the situation is in the US but i can tell u that here in london, it is the other way round. Any babe u say hi to and kinda get close to, I mean close enuff for her to start visiting u, today it will be a shoe that she'll leave behind and the next day she'll leave some clothes, maybe a nightie and so on - she'll be moving into your apartment slowly, before u know it, she has moved in with u oh. grin

hard to believe undecided
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by TheHenrys(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2009
@poster,
95 percent of women values marriage and it will continue to be that way for many more years to come,they are not freaking out but i think they want to take thier time more and consider more on who has the more dough,thats the difference now.
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2009
MARRIAGE? shocked shocked shocked
definitely freaks me out.
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Ben13: 11:22am On Oct 21, 2009
na real wah for Marriage.
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Igwe9(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2009
all the weddings I've attended so far, women dance and seem happier than the men counterpart.
so judge things by yourself.
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 21, 2009
I think women have looked at their mothers and seen how things were with them and are taking their time i.e dont want to be wives/cooks/housemaids/gardeners/sex slave all at once.
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by KennyG6(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I think women have looked at their mothers and seen how things were with them and are taking their time i.e dont want to be wives/cooks/housemaids/gardeners/sex slave all at once.
Again another baseless generalization grin grin grin, not all mothers fit the mould you just described, i have relatives who are yet to be married even though their mother was a successful career woman/wife.

@ Post
On the contrary i think women are keen to get married just that they are afraid of falling into the wrong hand especially or have become indifferent to the concept of marriage after been let down my previous suitors or (HIT & RUN MEN)
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by chic2pimp(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
whitelexi:

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ROFLMAOWPIMP
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Pharoh: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
I don't think so since they now call themselves liberated women and not wanting to go through what some of their mothers had. Another angle is that they are just setting misplaced priorities and disjointed illusions about what a marriage should be angry. Back in those days women don't have a say when it comes to marriage and our fathers and mothers were happily married therein after but now that they are having a say what do you get? Cold Feet and the likes grin
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by sparta(f): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2009
Back in those days women don't have a say when it comes to marriage and our fathers and mothers were happily married therein after but now that they are having a say what do you get? Cold Feet and the likes .\

YOU ARE JUST THE TRUE SON OF PHAROH. A slave driver!
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by spikedcylinder: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
Any opinion formed "based on hollywood script" is just. . . . . undecided
Re: Marriage- Are Women Getting Cold Feet? by Pharoh: 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
sparta:

Back in those days women don't have a say when it comes to marriage and our fathers and mothers were happily married therein after but now that they are having a say what do you get? Cold Feet and the likes .\

YOU ARE JUST THE TRUE SON OF PHAROH. A slave driver!

I never implied women should be slavesĀ  so don't interpret my post out of context. Because they didn't have a say in the choice making did not made them slaves. I think you should go and find out why our fathers and mothers had a happy marriage and then you will realize where you modern ladies are getting it wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Single Life Is Crazy!! / Should I Accept Her Back Or Not? / Top 6 Major Signs To Know If Your Partner Truly Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.