Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,466 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13342 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:29am On Nov 06, 2011
Long story short, by any means necessary, Northerners must be blocked from the presidency of Nigeria in 2015. Either the FG must be weakened so much that the position is worthless (including Nigeria splitting apart), or there should be a consensus on someone else.

Even these middle belt candidates, they all suck.

When I see Bliss4lyfe try to tout the virtues of a loser like David Mark, it makes my skin crawl.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2011
Posted by: ekt_bear

Long story short, by any means necessary, Northerners must be blocked from the presidency of Nigeria in 2015. Either the FG must be weakened so much that the position is worthless (including Nigeria splitting apart), or there should be a consensus on someone else.

When I see Bliss4lyfe try to tout the virtues of a loser like David Mark, it makes my skin crawl.

I totally agree. David Marks candidacy sucks to high heavens.
The man is part of the CORE of Nigeria's backwardness. He has achieved NOTHING as senate president.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 7:33am On Nov 06, 2011
What's up with the Northerner bashing going on here? Now I see why Yorubas and Igbos can be very obnoxious. Let's get real, Sule Lamido or El Rufai can't do worse than an Igbo or Yoruba president. Stop deceiving yourselves, there's nothing special about Yoruba/Igbo president. Southerners accuse Northerners of fanaticism but I see a fanatic Southerner (onlytruth) making the statement below. Yes, it is fanaticism of a different flavor but it is still fanaticism that's very far from reason. In fact, for a second there I thought Soludo was the twelfth Imam (the Mahdi) that Shias believe will return with Jesus to save the world cheesy cheesy. Mr Onlytruth, i swear u get talent 4 spokesman. smh.   

Onlytruth:

The best president Nigeria can have in 2015 if the country doesn't break up is Charles Chukwuma Soludo.
He is the only Nigerian that has shown and demonstrated the vision of the true potential of Nigeria; and only he can design and implement that vision. He sees ALL the developmental problems, from extreme North to extreme South; extreme East to extreme West. He is unequaled and unparalleled.
Sanusi has almost completely reversed (in typical Northern fashion and tendency) all his achievements while governor of the CBN.

No other Nigeria even comes close to Soludo in terms of vision, energy, charisma, intelligence and versatility to launch that vision with a solid footing.

If Nigeria is not a funny country, he would be "conscripted" and crowned president at the expiration of GEJ presidency.
When some of us say we want that country disintegrated, it is because men like Soludo are never allowed, ( never allowed to implement their vision) or to take over the leadership of that country.
That should not go beyond 2015.

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2011
Katsumoto:

As GEJ displayed any character that suggests he has the balls to do that or is even interested in doing that?

Sorry, missed this post. Honestly, I don't know man. If he is sensible, then he should realize the importance of a smaller FG after he leaves.

I'm sure if Gowon had to do it over again, he'd have tried to decentralize Nigeria rather than put everything at the center.

(Then again, who knows, maybe he doesn't actually give a sh1t about the effect of certain decisions on his people in Plateau State. Maybe GEJ doesn't care what happens after him, I don't know.)
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aurenflani: 7:41am On Nov 06, 2011
you hypocrates! you see how self-centred u really are? who do u think u are? can u really decide d fate of naija or ur blindness has turned u into depressive nincompoops? come 201f d south cannot smell d presidency. d north will take over weather scumbags like it or not and what's more, d nearest it can get 2 d south is d middle belt until u ppl learnt to be respectful of ur saviours from d north. in dis modern age & time nigeria cannot be given to southern nigerian religious fanatic to lead again. no mor ogogo or pammy drinkers in aso villa until u learn what is meant to be patriotic citizens. just a quick one. yorubas are d only southerners that will be allowed 2 rule nigeria again from d south.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2011
lagcity:

What's up with the Northerner bashing going on here? Now I see why Yorubas and Igbos can be very obnoxious. Let's get real, Sule Lamido or El Rufai can't do worse than an Igbo or Yoruba president. Stop deceiving yourselves, there's nothing special Yoruba/Igbo president. Southerners accuse Northerners of fanaticism but I see a fanatic Southerner (onlytruth) making the statement below. Yes, it is fanaticism of a different flavor but it is still fanatism that's very far from reason. smh.   

There is nothing wrong with this guy wanting Soludo for president and thinking that he is heads and shoulders above the others. He is entitled to that opinion. Just as you are entitled to believe that El Rufai or Sule Lamido are just as good, or just as I am allowed to believe that Fashola is by far the best.

It isn't by force for us all to agree, is it? If nobody is willing to see anyone but their own side rule, then let us split the country apart come 2015.

Me personally, I don't want to take another gamble with another one of these northerners. Whoever said they have the reverse-Midas touch earlier is correct. Do you want to gamble your future on Sule Lamido being the counterexample?

I'm thinking about the future. 30 years from now, where will the SW zone be development-wise? 30 years ago China was one of the poorest nations on earth. Now their future is bright. I don't want to gamble with my future and the future of my people on some Northerner again.

Isn't anything personal, I just want prosperity.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

There is nothing wrong with this guy wanting Soludo for president and thinking that he is heads and shoulders above the others. He is entitled to that opinion. Just as you are entitled to believe that El Rufai or Sule Lamido are just as good, or just as I am allowed to believe that Fashola is by far the best.

It isn't by force for us all to agree, is it? If nobody is willing to see anyone but their own side rule, then let us split the country apart come 2015.

Me personally, I don't want to take another gamble with another one of these northerners. Whoever said they have the reverse-Midas touch earlier is correct. Do you want to gamble your future on Sule Lamido being the counterexample?

I'm thinking about the future. 30 years from now, where will the SW zone be development-wise? 30 years ago China was one of the poorest nations on earth. Now their future is bright. I don't want to gamble with my future and the future of my people on some Northerner again.

Isn't anything personal, I just want prosperity.

look, i am not faulting him for passionately endorsing Soludo but he went too far beyond moderation. how can an educated person honestly believe he's the ONLY ONE that can do the job well? c'mon, we are not 3rd graders here, he shldn't insult our intelligence. this kind of overzealous behavior just leaves a bad taste in ppl's mouth
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:59am On Nov 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Onlytruth:

Posted by: ekt_bear
I totally agree. David Marks candidacy sucks to high heavens.
The man is part of the CORE of Nigeria's backwardness. He has achieved NOTHING as senate president.

My support for David Mark is as a compromise to the North, He is in my opinion the lesser of the twin evil that is Sanusi and Buhari. I really do not want Nigeria Islamized. Our secular status is under attack and to hand power to Islamic fundamentalist like Sanusi or Buhari will be detrimental. I love Muslims by the way but am not one and am sure they understand. A Happy Eid To All Nairaland Muslims grin grin

p.s. Fashola is my candidate from the west but not sure about ACN, Chime Sulliven from the East and David Mark from the north. Still think Okonjo Iweala would have made a big change, but Nigerians are too sexiest for that level.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 8:04am On Nov 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

But u can't just say "another one of these northerners" because you are putting everyone in the same box. would you want to gamble on just any southerner? i'm thinking your answer would be no. you would probably be more specific and mention Fashola or someone you trust but you can't place your bet on just any Mr southerner just like you can't dismiss all northerners just because they are northerners. DON'T throw the baby out with the bath water.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 8:18am On Nov 06, 2011
Lagcity, I don't have time to be politically correct, nice and all these things. Maybe if I were a politician myself I'd have to. But since I'm just an ordinary guy, I can afford to talk honestly and bluntly.

Let me ask you two questions. What sense would it make for anyone to want someone from the worst-run part of the country to run the whole thing?

Do you invite your cousin who cannot run his household to manage your property or business?

Bliss4lyfe, Islamization is not the only threat. Incompetence and greed is another. David Mark is the type of guy who will block electricity in Nigeria unless he gets to be the one controlling it. He is a dude only there to get rich and make himself happy, not to make Nigeria a better place.

You need guys who don't view politics just as way to make themselves rich. Guys who have vision. Guys who can build roads, build institutions, build society. The only thing David Mark can do is to feed his stomach.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:40am On Nov 06, 2011
aurenflani:

you hypocrates! you see how self-centred u really are? who do u think u are? can u really decide d fate of naija or your blindness has turned u into depressive nincompoops? come 201f d south cannot smell d presidency. d north will take over weather scumbags like it or not and what's more, d nearest it can get 2 d south is d middle belt until u ppl learnt to be respectful of your saviours from d north. in dis modern age & time nigeria cannot be given to southern nigerian religious fanatic to lead again. no mor ogogo or pammy drinkers in aso villa until u learn what is meant to be patriotic citizens. just a quick one. yorubas are d only southerners that will be allowed 2 rule nigeria again from d south.

By fire, by force abi. A year ago Gadaffi could not have anticipated the turn of events that besiege and brought about the fall of his administration. Try not to end up like Gadaffi come 2015.  grin grin grin
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lagcity, I don't have time to be politically correct, nice and all these things. Maybe if I were a politician myself I'd have to. But since I'm just an ordinary guy, I can afford to talk honestly and bluntly.

Let me ask you two questions. What sense would it make for anyone to want someone from the worst-run part of the country to run the whole thing?

Do you invite your cousin who cannot run his household to manage your property or business?

ok i understand u r being honest with yourself. good. to answer your question: No, i won't trust my incompetent cousin to run my business. But since we're being honest and blunt here, who's really competent and incompetent? the westerners and easterners haven't exactly been shining stars, either. they haven't really impressed with the way they are running their regions. do you disagree? everything is just mediocre upon failure, really. there are only few exceptions.

let's say lack of education, religious and feudal tendencies hold the North down, then what is the excuse of the Southerner? what's holding us down? . . . and pls don't say the Northerners cheesy
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:55am On Nov 06, 2011
lagcity:

let's say lack of education, religious and feudal tendencies hold the North down, then what is the excuse of the Southerner? what's holding us down? . . . and pls don't say the Northerners cheesy

Should Power Return To The North In 2015?

[size=18pt]Need I say more. [/size] cool
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 8:55am On Nov 06, 2011
lagcity:

^^^^^

ok i understand u r being honest with yourself. good. to answer your question: No, i won't trust my incompetent cousin to run my business. But since we're being honest and blunt here, the westerners and easterners haven't exactly been shining stars, either. they haven't really impressed with the way they are running their regions. do you disagree? everything is just mediocre upon failure, really. there are only few exceptions.

I am not saying that southern Nigerian governors have been amazing. They are probably C or Ds on average. But the northern governors have been Fs.

If I have only C, D and F students to chose from to hire for a job, I'll pick the C students.

It is disingenuous to pretend that just because C and F are both unimpressive, they are equally bad.

Segun Oni as bad as he was, Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel would all be amongst the best governors in the North. After all, did Daniel at least not perform during his first 4 years?

Which of these Northern governors can be said to have performed since 1999? Sule Lamido, and who else?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^^

what is your defn of performance? what did Daniel and Akala do? they tarred roads and i'm sure Northern governors tarred roads too without the newpaper exposure. what else?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 9:07am On Nov 06, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=18pt]Need I say more. [/size] cool

look, at least the Northerner's problem has been diagnosed. thus they are in a better position to fix the problem. but what abt the southerner's undiagnosed problem? why is a southern eagle behaving like an ordinary chicken? we've gathered so many advanced degrees but still no diagnosis embarassed embarassed
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2011
lol lagcity cannot fault Soludo or my strong endorsement of his candidature, so he resorts to argumentum ad hominem, calling me names. If the SE keeps quiet, the same type of Nigerians would hypocritical ask why the SE is not putting forward someone or making a strong case for one of their own.
Quite laughable.  Imagine lagcity calling me an extremist.
For your information dude, I am not holding any public office in Nigeria. I am an ordinary folk and I am entitled to my opinions. They are constitutionally protected.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2011
@lagcity

I have been around Nigeria too many times and watched as they found a "qualified northerner" to run one sensitive post or another only for him/her to fail woefully. It has happened for at least 30 years. So what are you talking about?
I can tell you that Obasanjo started the idea of a national ID card in 1979. It was stopped by Northerners after him. It stayed dead until he returned in 1999. They still fought against it so hard but Obasanjo prevailed this time.
That is a national institution now even if not perfect yet. There are many more like that.
Show me one national institution envisioned and implemented by a Northern president.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2011
Anyway, it is better to ignore people who have nothing to say than pull down candidates who can lift Nigeria.
I saw first hand how Soludo tried his best to implement his vision for the Naira. He was severally undermined by the upper levels of government above him. What he wanted was a Nigeria that would become the economic powerhouse of Africa. If he had authority to fix power supply and roads, he could has done it as CBN governor. Yes he was that ambitious and determined. Well, he was only the CBN governor!

In a Soludo presidency, I would guess that he'd make Nigeria the dominant country in terms of SPECIFIC global economic sphere. It may be manufacturing, engineering, agriculture or even mere services like outsourcing (IT, finance etc). Under Soludo, Nigeria can become a global power in 8 years! Yes the man is that ambitious! And he is intelligent enough to figure out a way to pull it off. Only such a huge move can keep Nigerians busy working and pursuing that dream, than have time for Boko Haram and secession. Other Nigerians might come and start building roads. Well, that is good, but not big enough. We need a HUGE national ambition and challenge, and only Soludo thinks that way for now, and he has held a sensitive position to know all the economic angles to the solution.

I hope you now see why I endorse him powerfully.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2011
Isn't Jonathan contesting?

"When you are there, you are there."- OBJ
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2011
thank you very much sister smiley

Bliss4Lyfe:

My support for David Mark is as a compromise to the North, He is in my opinion the lesser of the twin evil that is Sanusi and Buhari. I really do not want Nigeria Islamized. Our secular status is under attack and to hand power to Islamic fundamentalist like Sanusi or Buhari will be detrimental. I love Muslims by the way but am not one and am sure they understand. A Happy Eid To All Nairaland Muslims grin grin

p.s. Fashola is my candidate from the west but not sure about ACN, Chime Sulliven from the East and David Mark from the north. Still think Okonjo Iweala would have made a big change, but Nigerians are too sexiest for that level.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aurenflani: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2011
look at southerners with their usual bigotry and selfishness that knows no shame. u ppl are d worst enemies of dis coun3 with ur monumental failure when it comes 2 governance. u are d same ppl dat were talking of how bad northern leaders were until obj was givn 2 u. what did he do? gsm nah! only d ignoramus doesn't know dat abdulsalam gave econet & mtn gsm license 4 $28m each only 4 obj to come & increase it $285m causing d first subscribers 2 start buying lines for 3* d minimum wage in d coun3. obj was swimming in petro-dollars cos of afghan & iraq oil windfall but couldn't fix roads & electricity & @ d end dashing oyinbos d remnant after chop chop & bele don full. now his stooge is covering his yansh & thinking of how he 2 will escape d law after he leaves than d problems facing us. and fools are not resting but insult themselves on nl. monkeys.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Akanbiedu(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2011
^^^^
Too bad its impossible to shout on nairaland.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by lagcity(m): 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
Onlytruth:

I hope you now see why I endorse him powerfully.

Yes, I see why you endorse him. No problem with that. It is just that when the word "ONLY" gets thrown around that much, you have to watch out. I also believe he can do a great job, but by no means is he the only one.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by trw: 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2011
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by fm7070: 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
Nigerians are wiser than before when PDP could come with some sort of useless candidates and they will win.
We're now in an era when we look out for personality who can deliver.
Whichever party provide the right candidate, with good campaign strategy will win.
This is new Nigeria.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by PointB: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
The question can also be ask in another way. DOES THE NORTH HAVE VIABLE CANDIDATES?

If Sanusi and Sule Lamido is all they can boast of, I see no way power is going back to north. Rigging will not help them! PDP will go into extinction in the south if they pick a northern candidate for 2015.

We will be rooting for APGA, ACN, Accord, Labour. CHOOSE YOUR CANDIDATE WISELY IN 2015 PDP, IT MIGHT BE YOUR LAST TIME!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2011
and what can we boast of in the south by what criteria do we exclude those  names i dont think it can get a lot worse than GEJ
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aljharem3: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
PointB:

The question can also be ask in another way. DOES THE NORTH HAVE VIABLE CANDIDATES?

If Sanusi and Sule Lamido is all they can boast of, I see no way power is going back to north. Rigging will not help them! PDP will go into extinction in the south if they pick a northern candidate for 2015.

We will be rooting for APGA, ACN, Accord, Labour. CHOOSE YOUR CANDIDATE WISELY IN 2015 PDP, IT MIGHT BE YOUR LAST TIME!

see this man

so what stopped the south from choosing wisely 2011 ?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by fergie321: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
Power must not be allowed to go back to the fulani/moslem north or any of them for that matter, they have drag our country backward this long. If they come through the back door they will answer to these atrocities by Bk Haram. MEND will boomed them to the desert util Nigeria breakup.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by emiye(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2011
I am certain PDP will field a presidential candidate from the NORTH in 2015, except Jonathan decides to run.

I am almost 80% sure, the candidate would come from these ones: (Sambo, Mark, Saraki, Lamido and Dankwabo)
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by PointB: 10:23pm On Nov 06, 2011
^^
Fair enough. I am certain PDP will die in the the South by 2015 if they choose foolishly. APGA and ACN will have to decide how to organise the south political response .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Presidency Disowns Asari Dokubo's 2015 Comments / Video Of Okorocha Explaining The Misunderstood Statues (Throwback) / Court Ruling On IPOB As Terrorist Group Denigration Of Judiciary - Ohaneze Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.