Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Should Power Return To The North In 2015? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? (13347 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To End Fuel Scarcity In The North In 2 Weeks- NNPC / Why Is There ''south South'' But No '' North North'' In Nigeria? / Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
It isn't by force Nigeria remains one.

We can all go our separate ways in 2015 if we are unhappy with the terms for staying together.

Not a problem
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bright2(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
I don't care where it goes all i want is a functioning Government, Government that will not be loyal to the west,Government that will put her citizen first,Government that will fight curruption with stick & not with carrot!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

dont be jealous bro, let us make nigeria work, we dont want a war

So not voting for a Northern president means war?
You think threatening Nigerians will make Nigeria work?

Demand and threats, what a way to Go!
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by ektbear: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
Which yeye threats is he even making.

Is his boy president now?

Lol.

Take any threats and stick 'em up your @ss
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by hercules07: 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
Once power returns to the North, it is not coming back South, me, I just want a good leader irrespective of the tribe.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Bright2(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
I don't care where it goes all i want is a functioning Government, Government that will not be loyal to the west,Government that will put her citizen first,Government that will fight curruption with stick & not with carrot.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by omaojo1: 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
djustice:

Let 's be considerate. As long as the power doesn't go anyway near Bola Tinubu, any of the Uba Brothers, Odili or Alameyeisegha, I'm cool with it to remain in the South, especially the south-south. I'm from the Core North, so don't call me Yoruba-Yoruba., but to be honest I dont trust any Northern leader for a minute anymore.

Especially since Yar'Adua reversed all the power projects and dashed all the equipment to his brother-in-law, whom he also made the Comptroller-General of Customs.

Especially since Yar'Adua imposed the inexperienced but verbose Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the CBN Governor, for the purpose of Northernising the financial industry, and seizing all the banks from good Southern Ownership and handing them over to corrupt, inept and broke-Bottom Northern owners at the expense of Ordinary Nigerian Shareholders.
Like I said before, I'm from the Core North!

On the bolded, well done eh!
So the only reason SLS is inexperienced is because of his sanitising the banking system.

Is AMCON, the owner of Enterprise, Keystone and Mainstreet from the North?

Access took over Intercontinental, are the owners of Access Northerners?

Is Ecobank that took over Oceanic owned by the North?

Is African Capital Alliance, the core investors in Union Bank a Northern PE firm?

Is FCMB, Finbank's acquirers from the North?

And lastly, Sterling absorbed ETB, are you saying Sterling is owned by Northerners?

A dissenting response will only confirm your ignorance and bigotry.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 6:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
and where is the power right now??
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ah ah what hapin?

you change ya photo?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

dont be jealous bro, let us make nigeria work, we dont want a war

You don't want a war? Who is starting the war, you?  shocked shocked shocked

What Nigeria needs is a competent and visionary leader like most have said on here; personally I don't think such a leader will come from the North. Besides, Nigeria doesn't have to work; Nigeria can always BREAK UP PEACEFULLY.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
aribisala0:

ah ah what hapin?

you change ya photo?

Dont I usually? If you need to see it again, ask and I'll repost it, when it's convenient to me.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by aribisala0(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
dunno only seen one (red eyes)

hope i didn't say sometin wrong??
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
manny4life:

What Nigeria needs is a competent and visionary leader like most have said on here; personally I don't think such a leader will come from the North. Besides, Nigeria doesn't have to work; Nigeria can always BREAK UP PEACEFULLY.

Dont mind that boy. He's always speaking about wars when election and the North is the main discussion.

BTW, who is going to break up Nigeria, you?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
hercules07:

Once power returns to the North, it is not coming back South, me, I just want a good leader irrespective of the tribe.

You betcha
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by manny4life(m): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Dont mind that boy. He's always speaking about wars when election and the North is the main discussion.

BTW, who is going to break up Nigeria, you?

Me? shocked shocked shocked shocked Nna, I'm a small person to break Nigeria, Let the godfathers do it peacefully. They need to come to a bargaining round table and dissolve / annul whatever treaty that brings us together. The Soviet did it, Germany did it, Sudan did it etc, although most separated with a blood resistance--- What I'm calling for is a peaceful dissolution "just in case" Nigeria DOES NOT WORK.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
manny4life:

Me? shocked shocked shocked shocked Nna, I'm a small person to break Nigeria, Let the godfathers do it peacefully. They need to come to a bargaining round table and dissolve / annul whatever treaty that brings us together. The Soviet did it, Germany did it, Sudan did it etc, although most separated with a blood resistance--- What I'm calling for is a peaceful dissolution[b] "just in case" [/b]Nigeria DOES NOT WORK.

Just in case?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by NET1(m): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2011
the presidency of this country should (and MUST) be decided by votes. Any attempt (or attempted attempt) to go contrary will be met with stiff resistance. This is the 21st century - not 1800.

Instead of us thinking of who has the political willpower, experience and credentials to move Nigeria forward, we are busy killing ourselves over whose turn it is to rule. Nigeria is not a largess for us to divide - and let's not treat it that way.

If a northerner (sorry, a Northern Nigerian) is going to bring development (in all ramifications of the word) to Nigeria, resuscitate our failing Education and Healthcare systems, reduce poverty level and create jobs for our teaming youths, then let him be President. [size=2pt]I actually doubt this.[/size]

I say we vote. Nothing less!

.NET
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2011
you guys can vote anyone but if pdp wins they have to give us a president from the north, that is how the system works, it will be injustice if a northerner does not come out of pdp in 2015

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

you guys can vote anyone but if pdp wins they have to give us a president from the north, that is how the system works, it will be injustice if a northerner does not come out of pdp in 2015

Uhmmm, hello. I believe we left the stoneage a while ago.
The SE wants it, the N wants it. It should be decided by the individual the ppl votes for, not by the party.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
im peaceful that is why a northerner has to win, it is for good of us all involved, in the past years we only had yar'adua and he died in office while not finishing, you guys had gej and obj

manny4life:

Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by phreakabit(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2011
I'd rather we make history, by having the first Monkey president in the world. Considering they are just as smart as an above averagely smart Aboki.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by jason2010(m): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

im peaceful that is why a northerner has to win, it is for good of us all involved, in the past years we only had yar'adua and he died in office while not finishing, you guys had gej and obj

Dude in the past years are you not aware that you had Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdusalami, all northerners? Don't you think that it is fair that an Ibo man should taste this power once?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
[/quote][quote author=namfav link=topic=796197.msg9482646#msg9482646 date=1320430525]

This rotational nonsense and Federal character is one of the major problems in the country. The process is manipulative and fraudulent and leads to selection of candidates rather than elections. What we need is for the people of Nigeria to decide who they want as president not for some idiots to provide then limited choices and disqualify better candidates just because they have zoned the post to another geo-political zone.

America is the most developed country in the world today and they voted Obama - of African descent- because they thought he was the best. The UK had a Scot in Gordon Brown even though they represent just 10% of the country's population.

When will we learn?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2011
jason2010:

Dude in the past years are you not aware that you had Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdusalami, all northerners? Don't you think that it is fair that an Ibo man should taste this power once?

Ibos taste wetin ? Abeg it will rather come back to south west  !
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2011
Power must go to south east come 2015. The Igbos are trustworthy, they turn Nigeria to land of our dreams.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by nduchucks: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Based on my conversations with business partners in the North, East, West, and South; conversations with youths from the same areas, who reside in Nigeria, I can conclusively state that a vast majority of them have no interest whatsoever in breaking up this great country. The idea of going our separate ways is one which is romanticized primarily by diaspora residents who have no financial interest or any compelling interest whatsoever in our great country.

These people can rot in diaspora for all we care. As for the rest of us, we shall build a great Nigeria, with or without them.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by manny4life(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

GEJ is NOT SE, OBJ is SW

~Bluetooth:

Ibos taste wetin ? Abeg it will rather come back to south west  !

You see yourself, you don't want them to ascend the presidency---what are y'all afraid of?
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by Torch1(m): 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
namfav:

injustice? Are you kidding me? And what do you have to say about an Igbo man not being the president since 1970, is it justice? My wish is for us to break, must we live 2geda even when Northerners are killing Southerners in the North. I know we are 2geda becos of this so-called oil in N/Delta region, what happened to Groundnut pyramids in the North, Cocoa in S.West and Coal in the East? We just need Sovereign National Conference. You need power so dat u guys can introduce Sharia law especially in Middle Belt.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by sheyguy: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
I think they (INEC) be allowed to create an extra option of None_Of_The_Above during poll. that way we can know how many voters were frustrated with the options available. I have come to find out that some pple just cast their votes  because they feel it is their right to.
Election in Nigeria sometimes is like an OBJ question with no answer but no None_Of_The_Above option for those who r smart enuf to realize that all the candidates r not fit for the role they vying for.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
that would be selfish of south easterners

Ileke-IdI:

Uhmmm, hello. I believe we left the stoneage a while ago.
The SE wants it, the N wants it. It should be decided by the individual the ppl votes for, not by the party.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by namfav(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
lol you wanted biafra now you want to tell us how power has to be distributed? the ijaw are your cousins, enjoy gej he is your own as you say, 2015 goes to the north, please we want peace

Torch1:

injustice? Are you kidding me? And what do you have to say about an Igbo man not being the president since 1970, is it justice? My wish is for us to break, must we live 2geda even when Northerners are killing Southerners in the North. I know we are 2geda becos of this so-called oil in N/Delta region, what happened to Groundnut pyramids in the North, Cocoa in S.West and Coal in the East? We just need Sovereign National Conference. You need power so dat u guys can introduce Sharia law especially in Middle Belt.
Re: Should Power Return To The North In 2015? by optimistD(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
We shld talk abt gud leadership nd nt ethnicity, tribe or zone. Who d cap fits let him wear it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Did Not Shun GEJ - Oba of Benin / Buhari Or Jonathan?: Let’s Do Some Mathematics By Dele Momodu / Solomon Dalung Arrives Zambia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.