Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? (26976 Views)

Ogbunigwe Ndigbo Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbo In North / Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). / Wonders Of The Biafran War Tech (ogbunigwe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by phreakabit(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
But seriously, if This vehicle thing is put to the appropriate use intended by its creator. It would help eradicate the huge piles of refuse littering the streets of Nigeria.

BTW this isn't an invention. . . .  Its a modification! One which I must say. . . . Wasn't necessary at all. No surprise it never "took off".
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
Very interesting! I've been reading the comments and having a goog laugh myself. I wasn't expecting anything different from die hard Biafrans.
Anyway, the point is, if this vehicle had been invented by a Biafran, Nigerians will never hear the end of it. Place this beside the "firecracker" ogbunigwe, the "Anti aircracft missile" and see what I'm talking about.
One was an invention and the other a crude reproduction of what has already been perfected.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by AZeD1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
kasiem:

Pls, this title of prof should be expunged from the name of wheelbarrow inventor.
From Wiki
Landmark degree award

After a period teaching at the University of Lagos, he returned to the Imperial College London for a research study in the field of Vibration, and was awarded the degree of Doctor of Science, Dsc. He was the first African to be awarded the Doctor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, at the Imperial College London.

There are plenty reasons why Nigeria is backwards and one of them is the amount of illiterate Bsc holders on Nairaland, The invention has nothing to do with the structure, its the engine.
You guys should try and read the link posted by the op before making comments.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
A-ZeD:

From Wiki
Landmark degree award

After a period teaching at the University of Lagos, he returned to the Imperial College London for a research study in the field of Vibration, and was awarded the degree of Doctor of Science, Dsc. He was the first African to be awarded the Doctor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, at the Imperial College London.

There are plenty reasons why Nigeria is backwards and one of them is the amount of illiterate Bsc holders on Nairaland, The invention has nothing to do with the structure, its the engine.

Many of them are beyond redemption. It's a waste of time trying to make them see that.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by sheyguy: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
A-ZeD:

From Wiki
Landmark degree award

i tried 2 make em understand but it seems no one is willing to change their initial stance.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

Very interesting! I've been reading the comments and having a goog laugh myself. I wasn't expecting anything different from die hard Biafrans.
Anyway, the point is, if this vehicle had been invented by a Biafran, Nigerians will never hear the end of it. Place this beside the "firecracker" ogbunigwe, the "Anti aircracft missile" and see what I'm talking about.
One was an invention and the other a crude reproduction of what has already been perfected.

What invention are you whining about? Please do not insult and denigrate the naturally gifted intellects of inventors by calling this odd job an invention. The Styr utility vehicle was imported pre-assembled by the Nigerian army.

By the way, you are somehow appreciated for creating this joke.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by lagcity(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
e be like say the thing really pain Igbos when we told them a welder can put together their "guided missile" in 2 hours cheesy ibo ppl, u guys are incurable.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by rareman(m): 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
my dear admit for once you are baseless, this inventions of yours, of what good is it to the nation Nigeria, ogbunigwe is a tested machine, used effectively by the biafrans during the war. Your so called invention need to be employed now to fight bh so that we can see its usefulness if any. There is no bases Bro for comparism
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Horus(m): 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
You can all have a good laugh . . .but what the man achieved with this model at that point in time was awesome . . .  .

True, and this model should have been upgraded today with modern technology and produced in Nigeria.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

What invention are you whining about? Please do not insult and denigrate the naturally gifted intellects of inventors by calling this odd job an invention. The Styr utility vehicle was imported pre-assembled by the Nigerian army.

By the way, you are somehow appreciated for creating this joke.

I wasn't expecting you to appreciate it. Afterall, it was invented by an Yoruba prof. That was a prototype like some people have already stated. You wouldn't recognise many of the products you see today by their prototypes. The ogbunigwe on the other hand was a finished, crude reproduction of what has already been made.

There are probably a thousand and one machines you've never seen, this is why I find it amusing some people are still asking what is this truck for. Expand your horizon, think outside the box.

This is the key to real development, not the baba suwe comedy you Biafrans are performing on this thread.
this is the difference, and you wouldn't hear Yorubas going on about how one of them created a different version of a truck engine.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
sheyguy:

i tried 2 make em understand but it seems no one is willing to change their initial stance.

Please, what is the inventive concept here? This is one point I'm trying so hard to understand. Ok, if u tell me the concept here is because the vehicle can move in both direction, well, we might have a basis of argument. Then, it bring me to my second question, what is the basis for the comparison to "Ogbunigwe - War-Firecracker" as yall put it? Are you assuming that the vehicle could serve as a weapon transporter, launcher, I mean on what basis / concept was this vehicle compared to a war firecracker?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by jason123: 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
manny4life:

Please, what is the inventive concept here? This is one point I'm trying so hard to understand. Ok, if u tell me the concept here is because the vehicle can move in both direction, well, we might have a basis of argument. Then, it bring me to my second question, what is the basis for the comparison to "Ogbunigwe - War-Firecracker" as yall put it? Are you assuming that the vehicle could serve as a weapon transporter, launcher, I mean on what basis / concept was this vehicle compared to a war firecracker?
grin
That vehicle is useless as far as I am concerned. Great innovation though but no usefulness. I dare anyone to challenge that.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

grin
That vehicle is useless as far as I am concerned. Great innovation though but no usefulness. I dare anyone to challenge that.

LOL, come on man, you don't have to be harsh like that, hehe

Personally, I think it's a good innovation with regards to the concepts (able to move in either direction) although it cannot be verified nor validated; however, be it as it may, I just want to know what the basis of comparison is. Ogbunigwe was tested unfortunately in war that claimed lots of lives. It's call a firecracker, a real firecracker you sure don't wanna mess with, be it crude or refined, bottom line is it achieved its purpose. Now, if OP is gonna compare this vehicle to firecracker, my own point is on what basis? Research or not, what is the basis?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by freepeople: 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
astronp8:

VS

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyPV_x6ZbxM-BCHeHjOsrg6jHWKNUGLEPUXS7aRTF5tBXF1G9H[/img]

[size=18pt]is that an armoured  tank[/size]  grin

[size=18pt]OR[/size]

[size=18pt]Keke NAPEP 2011 model?[/size]  cheesy cheesy
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

I wasn't expecting you to appreciate it. Afterall, it was invented by an Yoruba prof. That was a prototype like some people have already stated. You wouldn't recognise many of the products you see today by their prototypes. The ogbunigwe on the other hand was a finished, crude reproduction of what has already been made.

There are probably a thousand and one machines you've never seen, this is why I find it amusing some people are still asking what is this truck for. Expand your horizon, think outside the box.

This is the key to real development, not the baba suwe comedy you Biafrans are performing on this thread.
this is the difference, and you wouldn't hear Yorubas going on about how one of them created a different version of a truck engine.

Quit deluding yourself with the so-called prototype. Which part of the Styr vehicle was designed and produced by professor Awojobi? Which industry in Nigeria fabricated such parts? There was no part of the vehicle in picture manufactured in Nigeria talk less of the UniLag where the professor drew his checks.

In fact, the panel beaters somewhere along Oshodo/Isolo express road where "Molues" are built would have performed more honorable job than this horrible joke.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by egift(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

Many of them are beyond redemption. It's a waste of time trying to make them see that.

Bros keep shut. If you had posted this moving barrow or tell for what use it was - nobody will mock you but instead you went ahead to insult one of Africa's best military hardware. You are pure Tribalist.

By the way - will you recommend the FG use this in fighting Boko Haram while Boko Harams us Ogbunigwe in your Village?

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

grin

You are saying exactly the same things people have said about great inventors through out history. Thomas Eddison was called crazy, even the old alchemists were ridicled but laid the foundation for modern chemistry.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
egift:

Bros keep shut. If you had posted this moving barrow or tell for what use it was - nobody will mock you but instead you went ahead to insult one of Africa's best military hardware. You are pure Tribalist.

By the way - will you recommend the FG use this in fighting Boko Haram while Boko Harams us Ogbunigwe in your Village?

How dare you tell me to shut up, may thunder fire your papa's mouth. It was not my my invention, I merely posted what your puny brain will never comprehend.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by lagcity(m): 6:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
This vehicle itself is small and maneuverability shouldn't be a challenge. But this same idea has been applied to large metro trains that move in both directions on a single rail. It is only useful for large equipments that need to be maneuvered in confined spaces.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Quit deluding yourself with the so-called prototype. Which part of the Styr vehicle was designed and produced by professor Awojobi? Which industry in Nigeria fabricated such parts? There was no part of the vehicle in picture manufactured in Nigeria talk less of the UniLag where the professor drew his checks.

In fact, the panel beaters somewhere along Oshodo/Isolo express road where "Molues" are built would have performed more honorably job than this horrible joke.

So, when Steve Jobs made the first Apple computer, he personally made all the parts? Right? Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by egift(m): 6:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

You are saying exactly the same things people have said about great inventors through out history. Thomas Eddison was called crazy, even the old alchemists were ridicled but laid the foundation for modern chemistry.

@Aigbofa:
If I buy a wheel-barrow - add 4 wheel under, create Wikipedia page for it - Will you call it an Invention?

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by okstol: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
I vote this thread as the most hilarious thread of the year. @op, God will surely bless you for making my evening awesome.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by ak47mann(m): 7:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
:d :d

my lungs go bust abeg grin grin chie chineke ekwel ihe ojo
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by lagcity(m): 7:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

In fact, the panel beaters somewhere along Oshodo/Isolo express road where "Molues" are built would have performed more honorable job than this horrible joke.  

you don't see the irony here? panel beaters and welders can weld steel plates to cars and call it "armored tanks" as slowpoke biafrans call it. Find me a panel beater that can modify gears.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
egift:

@Aigbofa:
If I buy a wheel-barrow - add 4 wheel under, create Wikipedia page for it - Will you call it an Invention?

Create a wheel barrow? Have you improved on the cutlasses and hoes used by generations before you?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by jason123: 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
manny4life:

LOL, come on man, you don't have to be harsh like that, hehe

Personally, I think it's a good innovation with regards to the concepts (able to move in either direction) although it cannot be verified nor validated; however, be it as it may, I just want to know what the basis of comparison is. Ogbunigwe was tested unfortunately in war that claimed lots of lives. It's call a firecracker, a real firecracker you sure don't wanna mess with, be it crude or refined, bottom line is it achieved its purpose. Now, if OP is gonna compare this vehicle to firecracker, my own point is on what basis? Research or not, what is the basis?
Aigbofa:

LOL! grin
We Nigerians need to start telling ourselves the truth.
I agree that it is a very good innovation and the guy tried. Heck, I can't built it. But guys, what is/was its usefulness? Is that what we call an armored tank?? An AK47 will rip that thing to shreds in quick time.
Rubber tyres? Who uses that in a war?? A little spike on the ground and the thing is useless.

Why do we like relying on past glories undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
lagcity:

you don't see the irony here? panel beaters and welders can weld steel plates to cars and call it "armored tanks" as slowpoke biafrans call it. Find me a panel beater that can modify gears.

You can beat it s much as you want, just like someone called Steve Jobs and computers; however, if there isn't an objectivity in mind, it's more or less useless. We can weld, form, burn or do whatever we want to a steel plate, but until we have told ourselves from the initial start, these are what the steel plates are for and the functions of the final products is this, we are deceiving ourselves.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

So, when Steve Jobs made the first Apple computer, he personally made all the parts? Right? Ignorance is bliss.

Now, I think you can realize how delusion has led you astray from reality when you likened this joke to assembling efforts of Apple founders.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by freepeople: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

Autonov1 was a brilliant invention by an equally brilliant Nigerian, the late prof. Ayodele Awojobi. It was a vehicle that could run in both forward and backward directions (wow! dis prof. na genius o) grin. This is real innovation, something real. If ogbunigwe can now be reffered to as anti aircraft missile, I wonder what we should call the Autonov 1

May the great prof. rest in peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

Brilliant indeed!
Bravo to prof. Awojobi for inventing the world's first "keke"

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

LOL! grin
We Nigerians need to start telling ourselves the truth.
I agree that it is a very good innovation and the guy tried. Heck, I can't built it. But guys, what is/was its usefulness? Is that what we call an armored tank?? An AK47 will rip that thing to shreds in quick time.
Rubber tyres? Who uses that in a war?? A little spike on the ground and the thing is useless.

Why do we like relying on past glories undecided lipsrsealed

There's is no single invention on this planet today that was 100% invented by anybody. People take ideas from other people and make them into something new. That is exactly what Awojobi did and it is unfortunate he died young and therefore unable to take his ideas further. Ogunigwe was certainly not in that class, it was a crude, almost comical reproduction of an existing weapon.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
A lot of people tend to mistake Invention with Innovation. These are two complete, different terms. Saying that this concept is the an invention is far out, although I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Like my previous post have stated, this is a good innovation. Has anyone asked why he couldn't get a Patent?

Aigbofa:

There's is no single invention on this planet today that was 100% invented by anybody. People take ideas from other people and make them into something new. That is exactly what Awojobi did and it is unfortunate he died young and therefore unable to take his ideas further. Ogunigwe was certainly not in that class, it was a crude, almost comical reproduction of an existing weapon.

Then that's NOT invention but innovation (refining it to something better). Ogbunigwe might have not been an invention, but the people behind it had a strong innovation to it. It was crude, agreed but it had a clear objective ---- to power to decimate and destroy.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
@Aigbofa
Just admit that this thread and the invention is a big flop. You cannot respect the dead by letting the inventor and his invention to rest in peace. You chose to speak ill of the man by bringing his invention to life. The man must be swearing for you wherever he is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

See Crowd!! Pictures From Akwa Ibom PDP Campaign Rally In Itu LGA / Mujahid Ibn: Asari Dokubo Celebrates 9th Birthday Of His Son (photos) / Police Attempting To Kill Dino Melaye With Tear Gas In His House – Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.