Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship (6223 Views)

Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 5:44am On Sep 20, 2007
Your partner is unemployed while you are gainfully employed or both of you found yourself in labour market for no fault of yours.

Oftentimes, we humans are tried in life especially love. One of such trial is a situation where for one reason or the other one or both of the partners has no job. At times, it may be that he/she lost his her job after the two of you have committed into the relationship. Such a situation can be very traumatic. It is often the cause of infidelity in relationship.

If you found yourself in this situation, how would you manage it?
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by sammy6(m): 6:03am On Sep 20, 2007
If its the girl that is out of job then its all good but if its the guy,i bet you the relationship wont last
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 8:00am On Sep 20, 2007
Why shouldn't it? After all she benefited from the guy when the going was good. Are ladies that insensitive?
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by Easybaby(f): 10:40am On Sep 20, 2007
The relationship will still workout irrespective of who lost job but only if they were sincere, truthful, faithful and understanding with each other. In abscent of these, it won't work cheesy grin
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by theffanyi(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2007
@olanajim say something better. tongue
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2007
like?
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by zignorr(m): 11:12am On Sep 20, 2007
Easybaby:

The relationship will still workout irrespective of who lost job but only if they were sincere, truthful, faithful and understanding with each other. In abscent of these, it won't work cheesy grin

Baby, you're not far from the truth cheesy grin grin
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by theffanyi(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2007
@olanajim,

LIKE UR DIEING cry DAY
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2007
How could you be so ruthless with words? Please be specific.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by toyin1709: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2007
yu know as individuals we av a limit!!!!!!!!!
Easybaby:

no matter au hard one tries lets face it we are humans, bound to default cos of the weakness of our flesh!!!!!!!!!
it takes God ooooh!!!!!!!!
ko easy abeg!!!!!!!!!!
money is the root of all EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

marriages break cos of it,pple kill cos of it!!!!!!!!!
no matter au hard yu try to be faithful and understanding omo dere is a limit one can take oooh!!!!!!!!!it rili takes God,
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by kamozini(f): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2007
the love of money is the root of all evil.if the unemployment is a chronic thing there's alot of work for the both of em to do.but i kno that if the wade thru the situation successfully they ll njoy a deeper level of their relationship. but, everybody power no be the same.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olababe(f): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2007
My people, It takes God o, It isn't easy.

I've been there and I know what it takes, It's really God, your love for the person and self determination.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by lekuchi: 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2007
I think if the guy is unemployed and he has an understanding girlfriend or spouse as the case may be, things can work out but it depends on how supportive the girl is.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by NaijaDub(f): 3:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
Men find it harder to deal with unemployment, their pride gets hurt if the babe now becomes the 'breadwinner' of the relationship. Its now the woman's duty to reassure the man that things are ok and not to rub it in his face at every opportunity!
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by kolette(f): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2007
NaijaDub:

Men find it harder to deal with unemployment, their pride gets hurt if the babe now becomes the 'breadwinner' of the relationship. Its now the woman's duty to reassure the man that things are ok and not to rub it in his face at every opportunity!

NaijaDub, i hail you oh for the yarning.
You've said it all.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2007
olababe:

My people, It takes God o, It isn't easy.

I've been there and I know what it takes, It's really God, your love for the person and self determination.

My dear thank God for you.
Money and sex are the main causes of marital katakata.

@ topic,if a man loses his job and is out there,actively looking and even doing odd jobs to help out while searching,any woman would love his efforts.
But if he gives up on life and begins to vegetate on the couch,watching "Jerry Springer" and eating kpoff kpoff.
He will see fire!
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by kamozini(f): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2007

@ topic,if a man loses his job and is out there,actively looking and even doing odd jobs to help out while searching,any woman would love his efforts.
But if he gives up on life and begins to vegetate on the couch,watching "Jerry Springer" and eating kpoff kpoff.
He will see fire!

well said!
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by teetalks: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2007
+osisi:

He will see fire!

@ +osisi
Word, word.!, my-o-my
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by lekuchi: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2007
Dont let him see fire d best u can do is to reassure him dat things can still be better u know men are like babies they need 2 be urged b4 they will make things happen.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by whatnext: 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2007
osisi, does the slouching also apply to ladies? or they are exempted
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by seun001(m): 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2007
am waiting for more naija girls to comment oooo!b4 i come up with my 2cents(got a tori to tell sef)and the title ,wait for it.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by marjson(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2007
Money makes the world go round
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by teetalks: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
lekuchi:

Dont let him see fire d best u can do is to reassure him that things can still be better u know men are like babies they need 2 be urged before they will make things happen.
@  lekuchi
they saying is that experince is the best teacher,having a women is inevitable
and beleiving me,they are synonmous with MONI  grin,
let's be frank, no matter how hard they want to show you they can stand the pressure!
yet they cave-in when least expected, dont be suprised
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olababe(f): 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2007
+osisi:

He will see fire!

affirm
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by Gamba(f): 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
It takes the grace of God to be supportive to your partner if he or she is unemployed.
If you were given ur partner 50% TLC before, Now is the right time to give your 100%.
And above all be very patient and trust in God
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
90% of Nigerian womena are just thieving, money-grubbing bi***es. See them lying about "I will stick with him". Yeah, right.

[center]DMX - What These Bitches Want
Aiyyo, I think about when a nigga didn't have (YEAH)
and a nigga told a joke, and the bitches didn't laugh
See now I do the math, I see if you got this
and this and this to some cats, that nigga's the shit (aight?)
And that's all they fuckin with, but see these bitches don't know
If these bitches ain't for real, these bitches don't go
Knock on door, no show, I'm sleep tryin to creep
wit yo' best friend, put it in, dig deep[/center]
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by Boondoggle(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ Poster,

While either of the couple losing job should not be a biggie in a REGULAR home, both losing their staff of bread at the same time could be disastrous. I believe maintaining a good communication at this period is the key to getting back without doing the forbidden. They should both be open to one another concerning how to resolve the issue and make conscious effort not to let seeking for meanings of livelihood tear them apart. One cannot overemphasize the rate at which communication can disappear when a couple is faced with the issue of survival.

On the other hand, I will say there are situations that prevention is the best solution. Couples (and even singles) should endeavour  to have enough fund in cash or in an easily convertible means to take care of at least  3 months expenses in order to provide a comfort zone while trying to find their feet if this unfortunate incidence should befall them; knowing they can keep afloat for 3months without their jobs gives them enough rooom and peace of mind to think clearly on what to do to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Shalom cool
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by toshmann(m): 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2007
gentlemen of nairaland let us tell ourselves some hard truths, never pray to be unemployed while ur partner is working. if that happens, you will see the "other side" of women in ur partner. you'll lose respect and honor before her and u'll be reminded as often as possible who is paying the bills, u'll endure any shit to avoid a quarrel b/c every quarell will be punctuated by. . ."how much did you bring"

leave all these babes wey de yarn encouragement for this thread. just pray it doesn't happen to you, and woe betide you if it happens to you and the partner in question is an ibo babe grin life go tire you

if it's the babe that's unemployed, life would go on as normal. very very normal, but for you heheheheheheeeee. problem dey

that, my brothers, is the sad truth

truth hurts embarassed
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2007
toshmann:

gentlemen of nairaland let us tell ourselves some hard truths, never pray to be unemployed while your partner is working. if that happens, you will see the "other side" of women in your partner. you'll lose respect and honor before her and u'll be reminded as often as possible who is paying the bills, u'll endure any shit to avoid a quarrel b/c every quarell will be punctuated by. . ."how much did you bring"

leave all these babes wey de yarn encouragement for this thread. just pray it doesn't happen to you, [b]and woe betide you if it happens to you and the partner in question is an ibo babe grin life go tire you[/b]if it's the babe that's unemployed, life would go on as normal. very very normal, but for you heheheheheheeeee. problem dey

truth hurts embarassed

Chineke God of Abia State.!!!!!!!!
Tosh,wetin Igbo girls do?
na we u dey yab so? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by ayasco(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2007
toshmann:

gentlemen of nairaland let us tell ourselves some hard truths, never pray to be unemployed while your partner is working. if that happens, you will see the "other side" of women in your partner. you'll lose respect and honor before her and u'll be reminded as often as possible who is paying the bills, u'll endure any shit to avoid a quarrel b/c every quarell will be punctuated by. . ."how much did you bring"

leave all these babes wey de yarn encouragement for this thread. just pray it doesn't happen to you, and woe betide you if it happens to you and the partner in question is an ibo babe grin life go tire you

if it's the babe that's unemployed, life would go on as normal. very very normal, but for you heheheheheheeeee. problem dey

truth hurts embarassed
i concur.if na man lose job omo him go turn rag or will become the problem of the relationship.especialy 4 naija setting
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2007
Tosh,even if na okada we fit manage till life better.
But we won't tolerate a man tying wrapper,walking around and giving orders after the  poor woman has been under the hot sun at Alaba market for 12 hours slaving away.
He will hear nwii,if he tries it LOL.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
Yeah right. Okada my ass. That's when you'll remember that ur parents had one rich chief in mind and they are "pressuring you", and you'll leave the guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Tricks To Hold A Guy Down. / Hmm This Bad Girl ..... Why?? (picture) / Unbelievable ..meet The World's Neatest Girl '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.