Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship (6235 Views)

Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2007
+osisi, Omoge, the artful dodger extraordinaire. I want you to open a seperate thread for MKO. I have a policy and both of know l don't argue on things l have no interest. I don't mix sentiment with my words. I also don't, reply stupidity. I does it in real life and l had master the "cotton wool strategy" of dealing with a stubborn intruder. I need not share that with you.

My point is leave personalization out of this and tackle the issue. And if you have nothing to contribute, why go after people jugular?

You have made an important contribution. Questions were asked. Instead of replying, you descended heavily on MKO! Are you a member of his estranged family? Please open another thread. I'am sure it would be hot.

I have already listed many good examples. So answer the questions if you have conviction about what you have been preaching so far. I thought you can defend your ideal? Let educate one another.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by dremoney(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2007
laughs.

it just cant work.there's a limit really,

bn there so i can confirm, LOVE WITOUT MONEY AINT GON WORK.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by rachiwise(f): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2007
watever!!!

i dated a guy for two years,he was faithful cos his ass was broke.Always help him financially,always encoraged him,he finally got back on his feet and started messing up.Had to leave him oooooooo.

i was there for him when everyone deserted him,but he couldnt be there for me when he made it.he now wants to come back after making me the laughing stock no way.

Back to the the thread,The relastionship was the best i ever had,so no romance witout love?depends on the couple in question.
Chao!!!
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2007
olanajim:

+osisi, Omoge, the artful dodger extraordinaire. I want you to open a seperate thread for MKO. I have a policy and both of know l don't argue on things l have no interest. I don't mix sentiment with my words. I also don't, reply stupidity. I does it in real life and l had master the "cotton wool strategy" of dealing with a stubborn intruder. I need not share that with you.

My point is leave personalization out of this and tackle the issue. And if you have nothing to contribute, why go after people jugular?

You have made an important contribution. Questions were asked. Instead of replying, you descended heavily on MKO! Are you a member of his estranged family? Please open another thread. I'am sure it would be hot.

I have already listed many good examples. So answer the questions if you have conviction about what you have been preaching so far. I thought you can defend your ideal? Let educate one another.

I'm almost tempted to call you stupid lipsrsealed
but let's leave that for another day
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2007
You have just said it. Thanks for being a member of the clan.

Please, if you are wise, try and re-read my posts and yours and find out where stupidity is more amplified. If you can't defend your ideal, why shout so loud on public forum to convince people that you know it all?

Those who are all-knowing, infallible and self-centred in their own minds, will always find their fellow men intellectually inferior. They are so wise that they could not invoke their wisdom to recognize their own stupidity. They are quick to attack others who hold contrary opinion to theirs.

I am too big for you to attack. You would be wasting your energy. Why? Because, you are almost chasing shadow,
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by MISSWORLD1(f): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2007
it's not easy i must confess.i've been in that situation.it takes the grace of god.sometimes you wonder if it's possible to share your success of having a job with your partner, na god, the best thing you can do is to encourage your partner,work hard,believe and you'll acheive the dream job.patience and understanding is the key
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
olanajim:

You have just said it. Thanks for being a member of the clan.

Please, if you are wise, try and re-read my posts and yours and find out where stupidity is more amplified. If you can't defend your ideal, why shout so loud on public forum to convince people that you know it all?

Those who are all-knowing, infallible and self-centred in their own minds, will always find their fellow men intellectually inferior. They are so wise that they could not invoke their wisdom to recognize their own stupidity. They are quick to attack others who hold contrary opinion to theirs.

I am too big for you to attack. You would be wasting your energy. Why? Because, you are almost chasing shadow,

get over your silly self,young man
we all don't have to agree with you
How big are you?
you've just described yourself above
all this your gidi gidi gbam gbam for nothing sake.
keep blowing your trumpets.

please make your little points and allow others make theirs.
now back to the topic,learn to handle alternate views
that's what real men do
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 7:30pm On Sep 24, 2007
MISS WORLD:

it's not easy i must confess.i've been in that situation.it takes the grace of god.sometimes you wonder if it's possible to share your success of having a job with your partner, na god, the best thing you can do is to encourage your partner,work hard,believe and you'll acheive the dream job.patience and understanding is the key

Bless you dear.
I guess it's easier when the partner keeps hope alive while searching for a job.
The moment he gives up,trouble!
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by toshmann(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2007
+osisi:

Bless you dear.
I guess it's easier when the partner keeps hope alive while searching for a job.
The moment he gives up,trouble!
BabyO cheesy I kara aka
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by olanajim(m): 3:41am On Sep 25, 2007
+osisi,
Nobody asked you to follow anybody's view. I understand you are educated though I am not.

You made contributions and questions were asked. Rather than answer the questions, you descended on a dead man simply because his name was mentioned. When it was pointed out to you that we are not discussing a dead man, you started calling other stupid. Whatever problem you have with him should have been handled with decorum. I don't know him, so what is my business?

I have, over the years, conditioned myself to learn from every individuals I came across. You can learn more from other people's trial than from their triumphs. When a man fall after committing an error, it is not for us to look at his downfall but to see what lesson his downfall is sending to us.

The fact that you pick one bad man out of the five men show that you must have a long standing sentiment against him. Why not be a good finder instead of a fault finder? Why not choose to pick up the positives and learn from the negatives? Why not pick up the good men and ignore the one bad man?

Does it ever occur to you that your last post perfectly fit you? Go through the thread again and see who is imposing idea on who. See who those words of yours applies to.

Since my contributions to the thread remain there for you to revise, l see no reason why l should refresh your memory. I have not really aligned myself with either of the divide, I was only asking questions and making comments. That alone is enough to tell you that I am not trying to let anyone agree with me. You can see.

It is obvious you have low boiling point. By being "big", I meant to say that I have no time replying your insult with insult. Why? Because I know it is useless.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by oyinsho(f): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2007
It takes God grace to manage with the situation of unemployment in a relationship.To be very sincere with ourselves its not easy,but wt God it will be ok
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by oceanblue(m): 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
It is a very terrible fin to be jobless in a relationship. Ive experienced this b4, it the point that every statement from ur partner will hurt ur ego. A point where depression sets in & happiness disappears.

But then if u have a good girl beside u, and an aggressive approach toward getting urself back in wrk, u should be ok with time. My girl was really supportive of me, in a country where every "penny counts". She paid our bills, did all she could, to support throughout the period. It was a "humiliating experience" cos i felt i was a pain. but she never made me feel like a pest, or complain at any time. We stood 2geve, and i did ma best to assist her morally, as well as avoid arguments cos it was a trying period 4 us. (for months) that felt like yrs!

That was over a year ago, things are wonderful now. if we did it i think others can.

Id say im a lucky man, however she stood by me cos she knows who i am. When u build trust, and confidence, ur partner will always see beyond the present & that will strenghten the will pwr to stand by u NO MATTER WHAT>
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by hotchic1(f): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2007
@ Osisi,

Wot do you mean by i should rephrase those sentences,its the bitter truth and i have never denied the fact that some ladies are golddiggers but i have included it in my post that ,there can be some reasonable guys, are you among the few reasonable ones or why are you so bothered,

Abeg,my bro or sis,go get your glasses and go over my post,
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by osisi5: 1:21am On Sep 26, 2007
olanajim:

+osisi,
Nobody asked you to follow anybody's view. I understand you are educated though I am not.

You made contributions and questions were asked. Rather than answer the questions, you descended on a dead man simply because his name was mentioned. When it was pointed out to you that we are not discussing a dead man, you started calling other stupid. Whatever problem you have with him should have been handled with decorum. I don't know him, so what is my business?

I have, over the years, conditioned myself to learn from every individuals I came across. You can learn more from other people's trial than from their triumphs. When a man fall after committing an error, it is not for us to look at his downfall but to see what lesson his downfall is sending to us.

The fact that you pick one bad man out of the five men show that you must have a long standing sentiment against him. Why not be a good finder instead of a fault finder? Why not choose to pick up the positives and learn from the negatives? Why not pick up the good men and ignore the one bad man?

Does it ever occur to you that your last post perfectly fit you? Go through the thread again and see who is imposing idea on who. See who those words of yours applies to.

Since my contributions to the thread remain there for you to revise, l see no reason why l should refresh your memory. I have not really aligned myself with either of the divide, I was only asking questions and making comments. That alone is enough to tell you that I am not trying to let anyone agree with me. You can see.

It is obvious you have low boiling point. By being "big", I meant to say that I have no time replying your insult with insult. Why? Because I know it is useless.

now that you've gotten this off your thorax,can we move on.
Sorry I couldn't read it,too long.
Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by derecho(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2007
well i think i have solution to this problem called 'unemployment'.There are a thousand and one legit employment in nigeria.I volunteer to reveal the list .just call 08062446675

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Unemployment In A Relationship by hotchic1(f): 6:17pm On Sep 29, 2007
@derecho
can you just list it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Tricks To Hold A Guy Down. / Fixed / Cutehector Is A Re.tard Nd Shouldn't Be On NL!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.