Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread - Car Talk (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread (211064 Views)

Comparing Some Honda, Toyota, Nissan And Volkswagen Cars / Is The Audi A6 A Good Car To Buy? / Sienas Help And Advice To Eternal05 On The Audi A6 2001 Model. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by FancyDaddy: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
Please how much is Mk4 Automatic Gear. 2003 Audi A3 transmission.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
Can I get a very good audi auto mechanics contact, I have some issue with my audi a4 2003 avant model, thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by zaradina(m): 9:15am On Nov 02, 2020
Good day house!!!
I’m new here tho I’m planning on getting a Volkswagen CC 2012. I’ll like to know the pros and cons coz I love the car way too much. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 5:30am On Nov 03, 2020
Good car. Good engine. I like the DSG transmission especially.

Recommended engine oil MUST be used. VW TSI engines are expensive but very good and reliable when well maintained.

zaradina:
Good day house!!!
I’m new here tho I’m planning on getting a Volkswagen CC 2012. I’ll like to know the pros and cons coz I love the car way too much. Thanks in advance.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Wandeayo(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
terracraft:
Hello, can I get advice for a golf 4 1999 model? Smoky engine and mechanic says I can get a "borale" engine. What are the pros and cons as opposed to getting a complete engine? 1.4l engine. Manual transmission

Boss, pls quote me whenever you are online, I need an info from You.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
FancyDaddy:
Please how much is Mk4 Automatic Gear. 2003 Audi A3 transmission.
GreatStephenho

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Can I get a very good audi auto mechanics contact, I have some issue with my audi a4 2003 avant model, thank you
cc GreatStephenho

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 7:51am On Nov 12, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
cc GreatStephenho

What are u trying to say here pls?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2020
F117nighthawk:

What are u trying to say here pls?
GreatStephenho can supply your necessary Volkswagen/Audi parts or recommend a mechanic
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
GreatStephenho can supply your necessary Volkswagen/Audi parts or recommend a mechanic

I just don't want a mechanic, I want a good, reliable mechanic who really know his work pls, not all these half baked mechanics who are just looking for people to reap off, thanks, if u have one as requested, then we can do business thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2020
F117nighthawk:

I just don't want a mechanic, I want a good, reliable mechanic who really know his work pls, not all these half baked mechanics who are just looking for people to reap off, thanks, if u have one as requested, then we can do business thank you
he’s not half baked but if you’re in Lagos then contact Radautoworks at 08034197461 Lekki just after second toll gate

2 Likes

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by F117nighthawk: 11:15am On Nov 12, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
he’s not half baked but if you’re in Lagos then contact Radautoworks at 08034197461 Lekki just after second toll gate

OK I am in ikorodu area of Lagos, I will contact him thank you
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Sualcatnas(m): 8:55am On Nov 16, 2020
Have a DTC free week, remember there are no car issues without warning.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by theoilguy: 11:16am On Nov 16, 2020
New stock alert..

USA Castrol edge extended performance 5w20 and 5w30 in stock.. good for 20,000 miles.. limited quantities available..

Call to place your order now..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by lordkenny(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good afternoon guys. I got a VW Passat CC 2010 yesterday. Please any one with maintenance experience and recomended oils should pls advise. I'd like to the alternative common engine oil i can go for in case the recomended is unavailable.

Thank s
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Use ONLY 5W40 full synthetic oil from a reputable brand. Total, mobil, castrol, liqui moly and some others.

Use only coolant in the cooling system.

Even in years to come, don't connect radiator fan directly.

Ensure the engine bottom cover is intact.

Congrats.

lordkenny:
Good afternoon guys. I got a VW Passat CC 2010 yesterday. Please any one with maintenance experience and recomended oils should pls advise. I'd like to the alternative common engine oil i can go for in case the recomended is unavailable.

Thank s

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by lordkenny(m): 1:09am On Nov 19, 2020
EngRichie:
Use ONLY 5W40 full synthetic oil from a reputable brand. Total, mobil, castrol, liqui moly and some others.

Use only coolant in the cooling system.

Even in years to come, don't connect radiator fan directly.

Ensure the engine bottom cover is intact.

Congrats.

Thanks boss. I really appreciate.

Please shed more light on the bolded part
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Let fan always work in factory designed mode. It should come ON only when engine is hot or AC is turned ON. The connection should not be modified to turn the fan ON all the time.

lordkenny:

Thanks boss. I really appreciate.

Please shed more light on the bolded part

1 Like

Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gogetter09(m): 2:27am On Nov 26, 2020
Good morning my audi a4 2007 2.0 Quattro sedan is giving me gear issue... How much does it cost for a replacement of another gear...
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Freciprocal: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2020
gogetter09:
Good morning my audi a4 2007 2.0 Quattro sedan is giving me gear issue... How much does it cost for a replacement of another gear...

Have you scanned the vehicle?

Changed the transmission oil to the recommended one for your vehicle?

Try both suggestions above before thinking of replacing your gear box
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by gogetter09(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
Thank you for your support. After scanning.... It's complaining of gear 3 and 4,... And anytime I want to reverse it takes few seconds to pick and jerks when it wants to pick... Now adays some times the reserves gear fails to pick on a hilly level. The gear oil has been checked and oil is present and the mechanic said its enough for gear when I told him about my challenges on the gear although i have never changed it before since i bought over a year ago
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
theoilguy:
New stock alert..

USA Castrol edge extended performance 5w20 and 5w30 in stock.. good for 20,000 miles.. limited quantities available..

Call to place your order now..

Got the extended filters to go with right?
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by theoilguy: 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Fram USA filters available but not extended performance filters.. They are expensive and most customers won’t buy them.. that’s the issue we face daily.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
theoilguy:

Fram USA filters available but not extended performance filters.. They are expensive and most customers won’t buy them.. that’s the issue we face daily.
then customers need to know they need 4 oil filters in the span of a 20,000 mile oil change.

A typical filter is rated for 3-5000 miles and costs N1,700-N3000 depending on the car. By contrast a 10,000 mile filters are less than N5k and 20,000 mile filters are N7k-10k. That's a lot cheaper than using a regular filter with extended mileage oil risking a blown motor IMO.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by theoilguy: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:
then customers need to know they need 4 oil filters in the span of a 20,000 mile oil change.

A typical filter is rated for 3-5000 miles and costs N1,700-N3000 depending on the car. By contrast a 10,000 mile filters are less than N5k and 20,000 mile filters are N7k-10k. That's a lot cheaper than using a regular filter with extended mileage oil risking a blown motor IMO.

Well, most customers would not do 20k miles with this extended performance oils.. 10k or 1 year is usually what I suggest. Most just do 6 months which I think is fair.
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
theoilguy:

Well, most customers would not do 20k miles with this extended performance oils.. 10k or 1 year is usually what I suggest. Most just do 6 months which I think is fair.
true but still need an extended filter for that. All I'm saying is include a disclaimer before someone starts saying your oil destroyed their car wink
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by theoilguy: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
radautoworks:
true but still need an extended filter for that. All I'm saying is include a disclaimer before someone starts saying your oil destroyed their car wink

Yeah sure..
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by EngRichie: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
I hope the mechanic can Guage the oil level of a sealed transmission.

gogetter09:
Thank you for your support. After scanning.... It's complaining of gear 3 and 4,... And anytime I want to reverse it takes few seconds to pick and jerks when it wants to pick... Now adays some times the reserves gear fails to pick on a hilly level. The gear oil has been checked and oil is present and the mechanic said its enough for gear when I told him about my challenges on the gear although i have never changed it before since i bought over a year ago
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by temi4fash(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2020
radautoworks:

Does this extended oil work for Honda Cars??
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by radautoworks: 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
temi4fash:

Does this extended oil work for Honda Cars??
it should. Just get the right filter
Re: The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread by Freciprocal: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
gogetter09:

Do a transmission flush and see if it improves. Make sure you buy the recommended transmission fluid for your car

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (58) (Reply)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) / BMW Owners' Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.