Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York (9223 Views)

What Late President Yar' Adua Told Me About The Shi'ites And Zakzaky - Sheikh / What Really Killed President Yar Adua / President Obama's Medical Exam Results While President Yar Adua Runs And Hides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by somze(f): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2007
Denex
Do you know what you are saying sef.
Please tell me the Christian nations you are talking about and the Islamic ones?

OYB
How does that answer the Denex question?

upsry
thank u jare
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Topsido(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2007
I laugh when you say the US paints Iran black. It shows the height you can go to be bias. Did America force him to voice out his shameless appeal for a genocide against the Jews? These are the kind of craps that makeme think George Bush is justified to be a war monger afterall
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2007
The USA is not a Christian country and they only swear people into Congress using the Holy Bible. Okay.

Britain was throwing depleted Uranium all over Afghanistan. Is that a muslim country misusing nuclear technology again?

I have not heard India or Pakistan threaten each other with Nuclear weapons. In fact, the only two countries that that have openly threatened the use of nuclear weapons on human being this year are "secular" USA, and perhaps Islamic Israel.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
Nigeria is an independent nation, so why is who our president meets or not meet even an issue?

As far as I'm concerned Yardua can meet, socialize, fraternize, or do anything with the so-called enemies of Bush.

I mean the Fidel Castros, the Hugo Chavez, the Ahmadnijads, the Kim Jung (?Lees), and of course the Putins.

Religious, ethnic, and social bias apart, we do not need to apply for permission from US/Britain before our president can meet with whomsoever he desires.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2007
naijaking1:

Nigeria is an independent nation, so why is who our president meets or not meet even an issue?

As far as I'm concerned Yardua can meet, socialize, fraternize, or do anything with the so-called enemies of Bush.

I mean the Fidel Castros, the Hugo Chavez, the Ahmadnijads, the Kim Jung (?Lees), and of course the Putins.

Religious, ethnic, and social bias apart, we do not need to apply for permission from US/Britain before our president can meet with whomsoever he desires.

continue living in a fools paradise.
we are an independent nation indeed and tell me which country is independent of another?
Let Yaradua keep frolicking with thse imbeciles in the middle east epecially a swine like ahmadi,then you'll find out how independent he really will be

whether we like it or not we need the West on our side to survive.
stop fooling yourselves.
ahmadi has made himself an enemy of progress by his stupid utterances.
We should have nothing to do with him.

Oyb and the muslims,this is not about Islam,it is about a stupid,racist ruler.so get over yourselves
and be truthful for once in your lives
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2007
So USA is a secular nation just like Iraq before the invasion that now led to an islamic Iraq. Very interesting comments, who says that truth can be hidden for a long time?

If the bible is used to swear law makers in what does that mean?

Was it not in the news when a lot of law makers objected to a muslim that insisted he wanted to be sworn in using the quran?

Wetin person no go read for NL?

When the chips are down, with thy mouth shall you confess and stand by the truth.

Meanwhile, India and Pakistan have never threatened each other with nuclear weapons of any kind, I don't know where some of us get info from, google can be used and be abused at the same time so make we take am easy as we dey rush google for information.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2007
@nwando

we actually need the East to progress but we don't need anybody to survive. It is actually the West that needs us to survive.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 17, 2007
Afam:

So USA is a secular nation just like Iraq before the invasion that now led to an islamic Iraq. Very interesting comments, who says that truth can be hidden for a long time?

If the bible is used to swear law makers in what does that mean?

sometimes we need to process information before we ejaculate. The bible is used to swear lawmakers in in Nigeria, bibles are used in law courts, does that make us a christian nation?

Afam:

Was it not in the news when a lot of law makers objected to a muslim that insisted he wanted to be sworn in using the quran?

That lawmakers objected does not mean the legislator in question was disallowed from being sworn in with the quran. We all have a right to object to things we consider inappropriate.

Afam:

Meanwhile, India and Pakistan have never threatened each other with nuclear weapons of any kind, I don't know where some of us get info from, google can be used and be abused at the same time so make we take am easy as we dey rush google for information.

Indian General Talks Bluntly Of War and a Nuclear Threat
India's army chief declared today that the military was fully prepared for a large-scale conventional war with Pakistan and was also ready to deliver a devastating nuclear strike should Pakistan use its nuclear arsenal first.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/05/22/wkash22.xml

Mr. Afam, try and read first, think second and interject last.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2007
denex:

@nwando

we actually need the East to progress but we don't need anybody to survive. It is actually the West that needs us to survive.

I wish it were true.
yaradua is said to be an intelligent mild mannered man
He should please pick our friends carefully.
A man who runs his country and attempts to approach issues based on the return of his demonic 12th imam arising from some stinking well should not be taken seriously.
A man who said he felt the glow of his "angels" around him while speaking at the UN and made the world watch out on a certain day last year of a "great revelation" is nothing but a lunatic.

We don't need him.

Ayatollah Khomeini is his idol.
Have yoiu read Khomeini's teachings?
Have you read Khomeini on sex with animals and infants.

Any reasonable president ought to  avoid Ahmadi like a plague.
His demons are legion.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2007
Guy, the only reasonable thing I can see from your post was the link on nuclear threat but again I am shocked at your level of reasoning.

Even from the links you searched for and pasted is India threatening Pakistan with nuclear weapons?

Did either nation threaten to use nuclear weapon on the other? Simple question that does not require using google.

The 2 nations are nuclear nations, this is clear. I certainly will not go into a never ending cycle on this one.

Small advice for you.

When a nation says it will retaliate with a weapon if another attacks it with the same weapon that nation has not threatened any nation. Can't you understand basic information?

Google some more and come up with a nation threatening another or go to bed.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2007
Afam:

Guy, the only reasonable thing I can see from your post was the link on nuclear threat but again I am shocked at your level of reasoning.

Even from the links you searched for and pasted is India threatening Pakistan with nuclear weapons?

Did either nation threaten to use nuclear weapon on the other? Simple question that does not require using google.

The 2 nations are nuclear nations, this is clear. I certainly will not go into a never ending cycle on this one.

Small advice for you.

When a nation says it will retaliate with a weapon if another attacks it with the same weapon that nation has not threatened any nation. Can't you understand basic information?

Google some more and come up with a nation threatening another or go to bed.

More garbage from egocentric but ignorant people who just cant accept when they are wrong. When is a threat real to you? when both nations come out brandishing actual missiles?
Of course how can you "enter a never ending debate" when you have no basis for ur arguments besides a struggle to hold ur head above the waters of ignorance?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2007
@nwando

you read a book by Ayatollah Khomeini in which he advocated sex with Animals and Infants? If so, then the man is mad but send me link to this book so I can download the original arabic transliteration text and have one of these security men translate it.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2007
Leader Or Exterminator? - by Parvin Darabi  
Ayatollah Khomeini's Religious Teachings on Marriage, Divorce and Relationships

"A woman may legally belong to a man in one of two ways; by continuing marriage or temporary marriage. In the former, the duration of the marriage need not be specified; in the latter, it must be stipulated, for example, that it is for a period of an hour, a day, a month, a year, or more."

"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual act such as forplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not comitted a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."

"A father or a paternal grandfather has the right to marry off a child who is insane or has not reached puberty by acting as its representative. The child may not annul such a marriage after reaching puberty or regaining his sanity, unless the marriage is to his manifest disadvantage."

"Any girl who is of age, that is, capable of understanding what is in her own best interest, if she wishes to get married and is a virgin, must procure the authorization of her father or paternal grandfather. The permission of her mother or brother is not required."

"A marriage is annulled if a man finds that his wife is afflicted with one of the seven following disabilities: madness, leprosy, eczema, blindness, paralysis with aftereffects, malformation of the urinary and genital tracts or of the genital-tract and rectum through conjoining thereof, or vaginal malformation making Coitus impossible."

"If a wife finds out after marriage that her husband is suffering from mental illness, that he is a castrate, impotent, or has had his testicles excised, she may apply for annulment of her marriage."

"If a wife has her marriage annulled because her husband is unable to have sexual relations with her either vaginally or anally, he must pay her as damages one-half of her mehryeh (her price) specified in the marriage contract. If the husband or wife annuls the marriage for any of the above-mentioned reasons, the man owes nothing to the woman if they have had sexual relations together; if they have not, he must pay her the full amount of the dowry."

"A Moslem woman may not marry a non-Moslem man; nor may a Moslem man marry a non-Moslem woman in continuing marriage, but he may take a Jewish or Christian woman in temporary marriage."

"A woman who has contracted a continuing marriage does not have the right to go out of the house without her husband's permission; she must remain at his disposal for the fulfillment of any one of his desires, and may not refuse herself to him except for a religiously valid reason. If she is totally submissive to him, the husband must provide her with her food, clothing, and lodging, whether or not he has the means to do so."

"A woman who refuses herself to her husband is guilty, and may not demand from him food, clothing, lodging, or any later sexual relations; however, she retains the right to be paid damages if she is repudiated."

"If a man who has married a girl who has not reached puberty possesses her sexually before her ninth birthday, inflicting traumatisms upon her, he has no right to repeat such an act with her."

"A man who has contracted a continuing marriage may not leave his wife for so long a time as to allow her to question the validity of the marriage; however, he is not obligated to spend one night out of every four with her."

"A husband must have sexual relations with his wife at least once in every four months."

"A woman who has been temporarily married in exchange for a previously established dowry has no right to demand that her daily expenses be paid by her husband, even when she becomes pregnant."

"A temporary marriage, even though only one of convenience, is nevertheless legal."

"A man must not abstain from having sexual relations with his temporary wife for more than four months.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2007
[b][Khomeini's Teachings on sex with infants and animals 
Islamic Teachings on sex with infants:

"A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate. If he penetrates and the child is harmed then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however would not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister."

The complete Persian text of this saying can be found in "Ayatollah Khomeini in Tahrirolvasyleh, Fourth Edition, Darol Elm, Qom"

Islamic Teachings on sex with animals:

"The meat of horses, mules, or donkeys is not recommended. It is strictly forbidden if the animal was sodomized while alive by a man. In that case, the animal must be taken outside the city and sold."

Editor's notes: I wonder if it is OK to sodomize a dead animal? What happens if the buyer brings the poor animal back into the city?

"If one commits an act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrements become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed as quickly as possible and burned, and the price of it paid to its owner by him who sodomized it."

Editor's note: The poor animal first is sodomized and then killed and burned. What an Islamic justice towards animals? Where are the animal
rights group?

"It is forbidden to consume the excrement of animals or their nasal secretions. But if such are mixed in minute proportions into other foods their consumption is not forbidden."

"If a man (God protect him from it!) fornicates with an animal and ejaculates, ablution is necessary."

Editor's note: It does not say who should have ablution: the animal or the man?
[/b]

Read more on Khomeini and his teachings from an Iranian.

http://www.homa.org/default.asp?TOCID=2083225445
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2007
Please no hate mails from Muslims.
I'm talking of Khomeini not Islam in general even though he was a Muslim.
His views were sick and I hope most Muslims agree.

@ denex I hope your maiguard can read farsi.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2007
So we now see why our Yaradua should keep away from the likes of Ahmadinajad
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
Denex is carefully pondering on this . . . i see him twirling his beard in thoughtful rumination. grin
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 11:28pm On Oct 17, 2007
London -- A Christian couple were flogged in Iran for participating in an "underground Church", an Iranian Christian group said in a report on its website earlier this week.

The unnamed couple were arrested on September 21, 2005, the report said, adding that a Revolutionary Court reviewed their case in July 2007.

Even though the couple had decided to marry seven years ago, the country's marriage laws - which prohibit the union of ex-Muslims and members of other religious minorities -- prevented them from obtaining a certificate of marriage.

The report said that the woman was born a Christian in an Assyrian-Iranian family and the man was a convert to Christianity prior to getting married.

The court ruled that both the man and the woman were Mortad, a description of someone who has committed apostasy by leaving Islam.

http://www.aina.org/news/20071014204119.htm
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 18, 2007
are we shocked?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 18, 2007
Islam is peace
The people that flogged them are not real Muslims (according to nairaland Muslim apologists)
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 18, 2007
@ denex,

as to the ayatollah's 'book' we've had this discussion before. there is no '4th edition' of the book.

check the thread 'why do northerners  marry first cousins'.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48477.0.html

you will also find that davidlyan and nwando(in her bayosisi incarnation) had no qualms about attributing the 'book' to prophet MUhammed.

@ all,

as to allying with the US or with iran -

in the end, everyone has their own interests. Neither the united states nor Iran is a perfect country. Neither could care less about anything other than nigeria's oil. the great bastion of freedom did nothing through the abacha years.

throughout the cold war, the west supported totalarian regimes throughout africa and the third world. the much touted 'freedom' of the populace  took a back seat. Nicuarga,Congo,Chile . . .So many despots were supported. the russian bear had to be stopped at all costs. .

Iran and Iraq fought a ten year war. who armed iraq during the war? i'd love to get hold of old issues of time magazine from that period. I'd bet everyone was celebrating saddam as a democratically elected president fighting for 'freedom'. I read some iranian gals account of attacks by iraqi f15s( or was it f16s?)

Today, America has no problem supporting Pervez Musharraf.never mind he wasn't democratically elected, never mind that he is playing games with his country's constitution. .

I've come across a lot of cartoons and jokes essentially stating the following premise

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all americans are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among americans, deriving their. . .

Probably off topic, but I'm simply stating that Aligning with americans is not going to guarantee anything. . .
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2007
@nwando
some educative verse there!-- about Khomeni/Islam.
The recommendation on children is nauseating by today's standard, it reminded me of a mai-guard who was arrested for raping a small ground-nut-hawker girl in Kano those days. Treating this girl at Murtala Mohammed hospital, Kano was an unforgatable scene-- even till today!

That said, I think we should all respect each other's religions.

For sure, early Christianity, Islam, and Judiasm, all had little respect for women compared to what obtains today.

Even the Western societies had very little respect for women, before the WWII.

Now, to make disrespect for women the sole prerogative of Islam is not right, because though I am aware of the 3 religions, I happen to be a better student of the Bible than the holy books of Islam and Judiasm. I know many instances where the Bible could ridiculed for abusing women.

I'm happy you agreed that Khomeni or Ahmadinejad don't represents all the muslims world-wide, but I totally disagree that our president should not meet who ever he wants for fear of offending the west.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2007
naijaking1:

For sure, early Christianity, Islam, and[b] Judiasm[/b], all had little respect for women compared to what obtains today.

We know that FOR SURE islam has never had any respect for women even today. But to cleverly attempt to rope in judaism and christianity as if to say we'll we are all even is mischievous, dishonest and untrue.

As early as the old testament we had WOMEN JUDGES! - That's as early as judaism can get.
In the new testament when the christian movement started, women were part of the disciples and were important members of the early christian church. Christ honored women!

Maybe if you all stopped your dishonesty we might start taking you more seriously.

naijaking1:

Even the Western societies had very little respect for women, before the WWII.

Including the fact that a woman was Queen of England before world war I?

naijaking1:

Now, to make disrespect for women the sole prerogative of Islam is not right, because though I am aware of the 3 religions, I happen to be a better student of the Bible than the holy books of Islam and Judiasm. I know many instances where the Bible could ridiculed for abusing women.

where? Your dishonesty is appaling.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 18, 2007
http://www.homa.org/Details.asp?ContentID=2137352748&TOCID=2083225413

Oyb,Homa Darabi whose site I quoted was born a Muslim,an Iranian who was a physician by profession.
She committed suicide by burning to death on the streets of Tehran rather than see Islamic dictators like Ayatollah rule her once secular country of Iran.
To the best of my knowledge she lived and died a muslim.

Her sister Parvin who was born in Iran also but now lives in the USA after escaping sharia in Iran established a foundation in her memory.
I doubt she is a Christian.
I would believe them both over any of you Muslim apologists.
They have lived before and after the Islamic shariarization of Iran.
On the page above you'll see the Farsi translation of the text and a picture of ayatollah's book whatever edition that was.

Anyone can read the site and make their own conclusions.
But that is all the evidence I need.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2007

Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2007
davidylan:

where? Your dishonesty is appaling.

Unlike most people who make honest, true and academic contribution to this forum, you have shown yourself to be a blind religious, or Jewish zealot-- interested in only spewing personal insults to people who disagree with you.

Nobody is trying to earn your respect, or that of anyother Jewish wannabe out there.

Your disdain and disrespect for other people's religions/points of view is nauseating, and simply points to psychological immaturity.

Even the Pope has an office for dealing with other religions respectfully, but going by your posts, it's obvious that you lack the sophistication to understand why one has to respect other people's religion even if you don't agree with them.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2007
naijaking1:

Unlike most people who make honest, true and academic contribution to this forum, you have shown yourself to be a blind religious, or Jewish zealot-- interested in only spewing personal insults to people who disagree with you.

Nobody is trying to earn your respect, or that of anyother Jewish wannabe out there.

Your disdain and disrespect for other people's religions/points of view is nauseating, and simply points to psychological immaturity.

Even the Pope has an office for dealing with other religions respectfully, but going by your posts, it's obvious that you lack the sophistication to understand why one has to respect other people's religion even if you don't agree with them.

Sometimes i want to throw my hands in defeat at the fish brained attitude of so many here who cannot stomach being corrected. Go through my last rebuttal to you, i notice that you (as is customary with those who are blind and ignorant) CONSCIOUSLY IGNORED ever single rebuttal only to sling personal insults at my person while crying about being personally insulted.

Where are the personal insults against your person?

I have no disdain for other's points of view, but i have a strong distaste for those who DELIBERATELY LIE, FALSIFY AND RE-INVENT facts just to suit their narrow and skewed agenda.

You LIED about he bible's treatment of women, i corrected you WITH FACTS. What is your response? Of course insult Davidylan. i'm not surprised, its the classic halmark of the dumb.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 11:57pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Davidlyn

It's so difficult to keep the high road of political discussion with you. Maybe my fault, or maybe yours(more likely), but there is no way one could respond to every bitof innuendo you have rasied in this thread, and that doesn't mean I'm avoiding them.

If I do, then, I also run the risk of loosing sight of the main topic: our president appearing in the same picture with the Iranian president.

However, I make general points that are well known to be true in sociological, political and historical circles. Some of these statements are, I repeat 'that the Quoran, Bible, and Thalmud disrespected women when compared with today's standards.

A few anecdotal incidents of Queens or judges do not disprove this assertion. The Western world, yes despite a few Queens of their own also discriminated and marginalized women until the WWII.

In the US, women could not vote, in some states they were considered the property of their husbands. While a black man was counted as 3/5 of a man, women were probably counted to weigh even less. These are basic American history facts-- I don't even need to quote my His 201 textbook for you.

All that said and done, my point remains that respect for ones' neighbor's point of view, religion, and culture is the true begininng of wisdom.

You said "I'm speechless. I give up! Islamism is a disease. One that induces a chronic inability to reason" earlier in this thread.

I think you are wrong, intolerant, and myopic.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 19, 2007
naijaking1:

@Davidlyn

It's so difficult to keep the high road of political discussion with you. Maybe my fault, or maybe yours(more likely), but there is no way one could respond to every bitof innuendo you have rasied in this thread, and that doesn't mean I'm avoiding them.

The difficulty in keeping the "high road of political discussion" (whatever that means) is simply because majority of you here argue from the standpoint of false claims. When you say FOR SURE that christianity and judaism had little respect for women, you have simply LIED because enormous evidence abounds that contradict these claims.

naijaking1:

However, I make general points that are well known to be true in sociological, political and historical circles. Some of these statements are, I repeat 'that the Quoran, Bible, and Thalmud disrespected women when compared with today's standards.

this is the problem i have. Who or where are these mysterious "sociological, political and historical circles"? I dont need to read up the oppinions of a sociologist, the bible and the talmud are sufficient proof that the general points you claim are false.

It is impossible that judaism disrespected women when those same women were known to hold important positions in ancient Isreal. Even by today's standards, it will be dishonest to claim that a society that appoints a woman as a judge (overall ruler) disrespects women. Even America is yet to elect a female president!

naijaking1:

A few anecdotal incidents of Queens or judges do not disprove this assertion. The Western world, yes despite a few Queens of their own also discriminated and marginalized women until the WWII.

Again, plenty of flippant comments without proof! Can you name JUST ONE islamic society where women were queens and rulers?

naijaking1:

In the US, women could not vote, in some states they were considered the property of their husbands. While a black man was counted as 3/5 of a man, women were probably counted to weigh even less. These are basic American history facts-- I don't even need to quote my His 201 textbook for you.

Women could not vote in the US NOT because they were considered inferior (which is islam's standpoint).

naijaking1:

All that said and done, my point remains that respect for ones' neighbor's point of view, religion, and culture is the true begininng of wisdom.

To be honest, the above is BULL. I dont have to respect your religion and culture, i can tolerate it but you are not obligated to force it down my throat. I refuse to "respect" a religion that refers to me as a kuffir, raisin head, dhimmi; relegates women to no better than donkeys and remains mired in 12th century violence.

The fear of God is the begining of wisdom.

naijaking1:

You said "I'm speechless. I give up! Islamism is a disease. One that induces a chronic inability to reason" earlier in this thread.
I think you are wrong, intolerant, and myopic.

That is your oppinion which you are very entitled to own, i have no qualms with it.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Afam(m): 3:07am On Oct 19, 2007
@naijaking1,

You have 2 options when dealing with Davidylan

1. Ignore him because he has a track record of going off point every time he finds it difficult to make a point

2. Be ready to play the dirty game of beating around the bush and deviating from the topic.

Either way you lose.

He abuses a people and a religion based on his very prejudiced low level of reasoning and yet does not see anything wrong in doing just that.

You may choose to tolerate him and hope (against all hope) that he will change for the better by the time he is through with his schooling as he is currently a student somewhere in the US hating everything that is not US, Israel or Zionism.

He seems to be a very bitter person without any activity outside the classroom and this forum, hence his penchant for registering with other user IDs on this forum whenever he is banned by the admin. Maybe his world starts and stops on this forum so you may learn to read and ignore him.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 19, 2007
Afam:

@naijaking1,

You have 2 options when dealing with Davidylan

1. Ignore him because he has a track record of going off point every time he finds it difficult to make a point

2. Be ready to play the dirty game of beating around the bush and deviating from the topic.

Either way you lose.

He abuses a people and a religion based on his very prejudiced low level of reasoning and yet does not see anything wrong in doing just that.

You may choose to tolerate him and hope (against all hope) that he will change for the better by the time he is through with his schooling as he is currently a student somewhere in the US hating everything that is not US, Israel or Zionism.

He seems to be a very bitter person without any activity outside the classroom and this forum, hence his penchant for registering with other user IDs on this forum whenever he is banned by the admin. Maybe his world starts and stops on this forum so you may learn to read and ignore him.

Afam you have a psychological problem. I'm not holding my breath that you ever read any of the posts before seeking an opportunity to just rush and do what you do best, insult davidylan. Dont worry, your twaddle is merely water off a duck's back. Go grow up!

At least Naijaking makes a shallow effort to debate, you behave like a small child who is squabbling over sweets. When next i read something worth wasting 2 secs over and that does not involve baseless lies i'll let u know.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 3:48am On Oct 19, 2007
@nwando

Your link brings a very interesting read.

Nobody condones beastiality, pedophilia, and other risky sexual behaviours.
I can understand the apprehension, because it's was described by Khomeni- a shiite muslim leader who died a long time ago.

Note also that these aberrent sexual behaviours are not limited to shiite muslims or muslims in general.

We all know that it exists in other cultures, remote from Iran.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was that sexual text written in the Quoran also?

I ask this question, because as Christians(or Jews), we should never fall into the trap of judging all muslims by the action or writtings of just a few muslims.

The Khomeni who wrote the book is dead?

Now we have another Kh[b]a[/b]meni- as a spritual head of Iranian shiites.

The question I have is, how do you make the huge quantum leap in logic to say that Yar'dua should not be seen with Ahmadinejad- the president of Iran, because he takes orders from Khameni- the spritual head of Iran, who succeeded two people that succeeded the original Khomeni whose despicable writtings you have been so gracious to share with us?
What has one person got to do directly with another?

I have not seen any evidence to show that Ahmadinajad preaches or tolerates any of the devious sexual behaviours you listed.

I watched his Columbia university presentation in details, and the sad truth is that very few people could maintain their composure after being so insulted and humiliated by the university president's "opening remark"

I don't agree with everything he said, but another point that struck me was that 'all attempts to present a balanced account of the jewish holocaust was being blocked'.--- that got me thinking and wondering, why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Frees Abdullahi Babalele, Atiku’s Son-in-law, Over $140,000 Laundering / Catholic Priest, Rev Fr (dr) Dennis E. Osuagwu Murdered By Hoodlums Yesterday / Paris Funds: President Buhari meets With Nigerian Governors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.