Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult (7984 Views)

VIDEO: Nigerian Female Army Cadet Tortures Man For Complimenting Her Beauty / Why's Complimenting A Girl On Her Smile Sweet,bt Complimenting Her On Her Breast / Why Are Most Nigeria Ladies So Wicked And Silly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by neyostica: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

By the way, there is nothing wrong with being Rashidatu or Sefiu. This exchange is just funny.

Sefiu sounds dumb, no disrespect
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by neyostica: 11:42am On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

don't mind the little pr1ck.i already told him i aint dog-friendly but he's so deaf.his is the case of a dog who's gon get lost. grin grin
Aja la je enu yen, no wonder u look like ur mouth, i will cum catch u in abk
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2011
Dats because we all know wat u want,DOGS! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by ImaIma1(f): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
Ijogz K:

I love giving compliments when i don't mean them,

its pple like u tht make ladies get suspicious instead of accepting compliments.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by maclatunji: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2011
neyostica:

Sefiu sounds dumb, no disrespect

That is the way you hve been brought up to think! It is not exactly your fault, it is the stereotype you were brought-up with. I guess Samuel, John and Richard are very smart by default?
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by randyorton: 12:33pm On Dec 12, 2011
i only compliment babes when i want their punanies. i wonder how they believe what i tell dem. imagine an ugly (or a babe that i just is just there)  babe actually believeing that she is fine.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Sagamite(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
funmeme:

I'm guilty of dis and i repent cos from now on, i'm gonna jst smile and accept all compliments, pple appreciate me daily and i'm like wat, ?cos i'm kinda used to it but ''I REPENT''. I'm gonna just smile every time. tnks poster.

Well done girl!

kimberluge:

Dats because we all know wat u want,DOGS! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Typical Naija woman.  undecided

OP, I get your point completely. Nice observation.

I mix with some group of girls (2 Naija, 1 White and 1 Asian), I normally compliment them and just be generally respectful when we go out. The white and asian girls recieve it with grace and they are smart enough to know that despite having their numbers for over a year, I have never called to toast or ask for a date. They know I am confident enough to ask if I intended, so my compliments are just my attempt at being nice. E no tay before the Naija girls started getting big headed and thinking I want something from them and think, hence, they are justified to talk to me anyhow.

I am not a mugu and I don't take rubbish. I quickly and robustly put them in their place with my uncompromising behaviours. They got the message fast fast. Now we are still all friends and still go out frequently, but I keep my compliments strictly for the White and Asian chics. I never fail to tell them how good and beautiful they are. I just say a very good and warm "hi" to the Naija girls when it is their turn.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by slimyem: 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
maclatunji:

That is the way you hve been brought up to think! It is not exactly your fault, it is the stereotype you were brought-up with. I guess Samuel, John and Richard are very smart by default?
don't mind the slow-poke.maybe you should have simplified the above by telling him a name is just a defining identity.
Would he even understand this?guess not!
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Well done girl!

Typical Naija woman.  undecided

OP, I get your point completely. Nice observation.

I mix with some group of girls (2 Naija, 1 White and 1 Asian), I normally compliment them and just be generally respectful when we go out. The white and asian girls recieve it with grace and they are smart enough to know that despite having their numbers for over a year, I have never called to toast or ask for a date. They know I am confident enough to ask if I intended, so my compliments are just my attempt at being nice. E no tay before the Naija girls started getting big headed and thinking I want something from them and think, hence, they are justified to talk to me anyhow.

I am not a mugu and I don't take rubbish. I quickly and robustly put them in their place with my uncompromising behaviours. They got the message fast fast. Now we are still all friends and still go out frequently, but I keep my compliments strictly for the White and Asian chics. I never fail to tell them how good and beautiful they are. I just say a very good and warm "hi" to the Naija girls when it is their turn.

Sagamite where have you been??! lool. smiley
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by neyostica: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

don't mind the slow-poke.maybe you should have simplified the above by telling him a name is just a defining identity.
Would he even understand this?guess not!
Is dat d best u've got rashidat?
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2011
When you compliment Naija girls, some of them will even look at you in disgust and display a very negative attitude towards the guy giving them the compliments, obviously thinking it is the proper response to a compliment. Why do they think like that? I don't know.

Many Naija girls do not either do not have or understand sex appeal, and so they cannot appreciate any pleasantries they receive. Only God can save Naija women. Asian, white, and akata girls will appreciate the compliment and smile in response, and act like a lady.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2011
The main thing I dont understand about you guys are these unhealthy generalizations you tend to make. Just how many Asian/ Akata/ European women in the world have you come across to enable you judge them against Nigerian women as being better? The fact that you encountered some Nigerian women who disregarded your compliments does not mean everyone of us is like that.

ooh--- I get it! So if for instance, one or two women in Nigeria act like miscreants, that would be enough reason for all of you on here to term all Nigerian women miscreants right? mtcheew! These traits of receiving compliments well or acting conceited when a compliment is directed at someone abound in all countries and races so I do not know what you all are on about.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by slimyem: 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
Princek12:

When you compliment Naija girls, some of them will even look at you in disgust and display a very negative attitude towards the guy giving them the compliments, obviously thinking it is the proper response to a compliment. Why do they think like that? I don't know.

Many Naija girls do not either do not have or understand sex appeal, and so they cannot appreciate any pleasantries they receive. Only God can save Naija women. Asian, white, and akata girls will appreciate the compliment and smile in response, and act like a lady.
it is usually the motive behind the compliment that make a lotta gurls act as described above when 'supposed' compliments are given.
you heard a loota guys on this thread say they give compliment when they want punny.what could be more.
some even said they give compliments while mocking gurls indirecctly.
now,a lot of nigerian men go about acting like this and they want girls to be nice to them??c'mon you can only get what you give.not more,not less
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by WackyJ1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

it is usually the motive behind the compliment that make a lotta gurls act as described above when 'supposed' compliments are given.
you heard a loota guys on this thread say they give compliment when they want punny.what could be more.
now,a lot of nigerian men go about acting like this and they want girls to be nice to them??c'mon you can only get what you give.not more,not less
You said earlier that you could tell the difference between flattery and compliments. May i ask how you can do that?
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by aribisala0(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2011
my general advice to naija girls do NOT believe those compliments.
very rarely do you deserve them, But hey you can't have everytin tank gawd you are generally smart and have good fashion sense but quite often compared to other africans . naija babes wowo small.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

Accept the compliment, say thank you, and move on. Why do you have to act negative towards someone who compliments you, even if he wants the punny?

Why are Naija girls so local to the extent that they think a guy who wants to get their punny is committing a crime against humanity and is therefore blameworthy? Hollering at girls, complimenting girls, and trying to get punny from girls is what guys do--irrespective of their backgrounds.

Only Naija girls will walk around and give you an attitude to a guy who gives them pleasantries. If you don't want to give the guy your punny, politely reject him and move on. Why do you have to respond like animal because a guy is trying to get in your punny? Why act like you don't like to get some loving from men.

Maybe it is the female circumcision that is causing Naija girls to act like this. I hear a lot of Naija girls have been circumcised. I am beginning to believe it.

If no guys hollers at you now, you will be going to night vigil and asking God to bind all the evil forces that is preventing men from approaching you.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
aribisala0:

my general advice to naija girls do NOT believe those compliments.
very rarely do you deserve them, But hey you can't have everytin tank gawd you are generally smart  and have good fashion sense but quite often compared to other africans . naija babes wowo small.

And all naija guys are handsome??  
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
naijasexy:

Naija guys are the most sought after African men. You can feign ignorance as to this fact if you want, but we all know it is true.

You cannot speak the same about Naija women. 99% of the time Naija girls are shapeless and exude no sex appeal. Na so so flat yansh them get. And them no dey get hips.

I went to South Africa and every corner you look you see a shapely, curvy girl--plump in all the right places. For naija, na so so big stomach dem Naija girls dey get with their pancake yansh
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by slimyem: 7:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
WackyJ1:

You said earlier that you could tell the difference between flattery and compliments. May i ask how you can do that?
i know enough to know when a guy is trying too hard to arrest my attention and when he keeps going on and on about my looks.that's just enough to give him away.
when it's a compliment,the guy doesnt dwell on it for too long.he starts a sensible conversation or betterstill moves on with his busnesss cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by MrCork17: 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2011
just becoz am good lookin dont mean I like compliments wink
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
Princek12:

Naija guys are the most sought after African men. You can feign ignorance as to this fact if you want, but we all know it is true.

You cannot speak the same about Naija women. 99% of the time Naija girls are shapeless and exude no sex appeal. Na so so flat yansh them get. And them no dey get hips.

I went to South Africa and every corner you look you see a shapely, curvy girl--plump in all the right places. For naija, na so so big stomach dem Naija girls dey get with their pancake yansh

Okay, granted--Nigerian men are the most sought after. I agree. What do you mean 99% of Nigerian women are shapeless and exude no sex appeal? you've met all the 99% right?  Before I go on any further, do you have any statistical  proof to back your claims?

If you dont, then your argument is null.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2011
slimyem:

i know enough to know when a guy is trying too hard to arrest my attention and when he keeps going on and on about my looks.that's just enough to give him away.
when is a compliment,the guy doesnt dwell on it for too long.he starts a sensible conversation or betterstill moves on with his busnesss cool cool cool cool cool

even if a guy is trying hard to get your attention, has that man committed a crime against humanity that makes him deserving of being disrespected?

What is your point? We are talking about complimenting here, which should not give rise to any attitude.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
naijasexy:

Okay, granted--Nigerian men are the most sought after. I agree. What do you mean 99% of Nigerian women are shapeless and exude no sex appeal? you've met all the 99% right?  Before I go on any further, do you have any statistical  proof to back your claims?

If you dont, then your argument is null.

Even though 99% was meant to be a hyperbolic statement, majority of Naija girls are yanshless and hipless. I travel to Nigeria twice a year, I live in Yankee and regularly attend Nigerian parties, weddings, churches, and the like. I am sure you yourself do the same. You know, and I know, that most of y'all have no yansh and hips.

In all the music videos you see, all the Nollywood movies you see, just about most, if not all, of the Naija girls have na yansh and hips. Prove me wrong.

Go to  a Liberian party, South African party, Ivory Coast party, or even Ghanaian party, and compare all those parties to Nigerian parties, then come back and holler at me.

Finding a Naija girl with hips and yansh is like digging for gold.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by dealordea(m): 7:26pm On Dec 12, 2011
Just another say of my about about this!!!!

Fact is, we men have some common experiences with women, and the difference is made in how we handle those experiences, I guess that is determined by our personalities, I have, since my youth, been a guy who complimented women for the fun of it, so consequently, I didn't get too caught up in how they responded to what I was saying, I was, in a sense, just sharpening my skills, seeing what worked, and what did not work,

But as I have gotten older, I find myself wanting to make what I say COUNT!(smile!) I don't have a lot of time to play around, man, I got stuff to do, and places to go, and if you want to go there with me, you caint be indecisive, If you are, Yemi is gone, and never to return, The google-eyes tomorrow wont help you, because I tend, now, to see that as a deficit of character, someone who is so hurt and weakened by the blows of life that they cannot deal boldly with my sincerity,

I know some Nigerian Women want BOLD. BAD, BRASH in a brother, and that's why you'll see them hanging tough and tight with a Nigerian Guy with those qualities, Yet, some of them cannot provide a man what they want in a man(smile!) Like we on many street corners in Nigeria, You Fronting', then(smile!) Don't ask for what you cannot provide in return,

That having been said, Nigerian Women have to be practical and pragmatic, The beauty and sexy sensuousity does not last forever, thus you've got to take advantage of it, not throw it all away, I remember speaking about a sister of mine at this board once, how she mocked a thousand brothers in her youth, Well, all that youthful beauty that slew cats with a look is more than a few years removed from her, and all she complain about is FINDING a man where once she never had to look, Man, that's life, That's the human condition, and our youth does not last forever, You got to make the most of it now, and that mean appreciating it now - and whenever and wherever it is appreciated by others, Enough Said

Peace Out
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by slimyem: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2011
Princek12:

even if a guy is trying hard to get your attention, has that man committed a crime against humanity that makes him deserving of being disrespected?

What is your point? We are talking about complimenting here, which should not give rise to any attitude.
you are mixing up my whole point.
personally,i accept compliments as much as i get it and smile back most of the time.
i am just trying of speak on behalf of girls who are snobbish to  or disrespectful to guys who complement them and what i think makes them act that way.like i said before,when you give a conpliment,move on  or start a convo.its is when you start acting foolish or dumb that you get insulted most times.
besides,what most guys on this thread call compliments are not actually it.their languages are insultive and annoying
how do you want me to react to a guy who says o baby,you set o, or one who exclaims horribly like he got bitten by a rabid dog when he sees you or someone who goes like omo o dun o.ki lo'n sele . how??
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
Well, in all honesty, I would say Nigerian girls come in different shapes and sizes and there is not one particular physique that takes the lead. This is also evident in the same Nollywood movies you are referring me to.
As for girls of other nationalities, there is no denying that they are voluptuous but I am quite certain that there exists a good number of them with this same "nyashless" and "hipless" attributes, but you probably have not come across any.

That aside, what has the size bosoms and buttocks got to do with the beauty of a lady?  

Princek12:

Even though 99% was meant to be a hyperbolic statement, majority of Naija girls are yanshless and hipless. I travel to Nigeria twice a year, I live in Yankee and regularly attend Nigerian parties, weddings, churches, and the like. I am sure you yourself do the same. You know, and I know, that most of y'all have no yansh and hips.

In all the music videos you see, all the Nollywood movies you see, just about most, if not all, of the Naija girls have na yansh and hips. Prove me wrong.

Go to  a Liberian party, South African party, Ivory Coast party, or even Ghanaian party, and compare all those parties to Nigerian parties, then come back and holler at me.

Finding a Naija girl with hips and yansh is like digging for gold.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2011
so a guy who says, "omo you set ooo"; and who says, "omo t'o dun, kilonsele" has committed a crime against humanity that makes him deserving of being disrespected. Na waa ooo!

Are both pleasantries not Yoruba and/or the pidgin versions for saying you are pretty and attractive? They are saying essentially the same thing. What happened to substance over form?

I am not condoning disrespectful behavior by men, but what I am saying is that many Naija women are disrespectful towards men who merely compliment them.

From your response, you are finding a hard time fathoming why a sane girl would be disrespectful to a guy who compliments her respectfully, which says to me that you are thinking rationally and civilly. But all too often many of your fellow Naija sisters behave irrationally and uncivilly when they display a negative attitude upon being complimented by Naija men who are not being disrespectful. These women believe it is the right thing to do, think like animals, and are the very reason why this thread is up.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
If you're going to wear fake brazilian hair, at least learn how brazilian women respond to complements too  undecided

Most of these naija girls in general tend to just be socially ret@rded. I mean, why would they have to develop any social skills when all they can do is put on Brazilian weave and 10 layers of makeup to cover it?
These things can be fun, and doesn't have to ruin anyone's day:

Guy: "Omo you set oo" (or whatever)
Girl: "I know right? grin Anyway have a good day (or whatever) cheesy"

It doesn't have to cause agitation.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Princek12(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
naijasexy:

Well, in all honesty, I would say Nigerian girls come in different shapes and sizes and there is not one particular physique that takes the lead. This is also evident in the same Nollywood movies you are referring me to.
As for girls of other nationalities, there is no denying that they are voluptuou[b]s but I am quite certain that there exists a good number of them with this same "nyashless" and "hipless" attributes, but you probably have not come across any.
[/b]
That aside, wh[b]at has the size bosoms and buttocks got to do with the beauty of a lad[/b]y?  

Of course, I am not saying that nyanshless and hipless girls do not exist among the other nationalities, but that you are substantially more likely to find girls with hips and nyansh in those cultures.

Of course, the size of a lady's buttocks and her hips not only has a lot to do with her beauty, but also has a lot to do with her feminine appeal. Two of the defining characteristics that separate men from women are hips and butt, so why don't you think that a lady who is hippy and has a shapely buttock would not appeal to men? It evinces reproductive qualities and femininity, to which men are attracted.

Beauty lies not only in the face, but also the body, both of which help define an embodiment of a beauty, feminine lady.
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by aribisala0(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
naijasexy:

it is a fact of life that men do not need to be handsome. most women will admit to that
As long as the guy is not too short or ugly no probs.

women especially naija women are more interested in his pocket. so objectification of intimate partners is a one way street.

anyway i was talking compared to other african women.
make we talk true make devil shame grin grin
our babes WOWO

when it comes to style and swagger in Africa Nigerian men take the biscuit. NO RIVAL
what have nigerian women got a reputation for certainly NOT looks or attitude though i said fashion and even this is some sections of Nigeria NOT ALL
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2011
Princek12:

Of course, I am not saying that nyanshless and hipless girls do not exist among the other nationalities, but that you are substantially more likely to find girls with hips and nyansh in those cultures.

Of course, the size of a lady's buttocks and her hips not only has a lot to do with her beauty, but also has a lot to do with her feminine appeal. Two of the defining characteristics that separate men from women are hips and butt, so why don't you think that a lady who is hippy and has a shapely buttock would not appeal to men? It evinces reproductive qualities and femininity, to which men are attracted.

Beauty lies not only in the face, but also the body, both of which help define an embodiment of a beauty, feminine lady.

I agree with you. But the emboldened is not enough reason for the "nyashless" and "hipless" ones to be castigated. Who knows, you  might end up with one,  tongue lol

Cheers!
Re: Complimenting Our Nigeria Ladies Can Be Difficult by Calamama: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2011
Naijasexy quoting Princek12
I agree with you. But the emboldened is not enough reason for the "nyashless" and "hipless" ones to be castigated. Who knows, you  might end up with one,   Tongue lol

Cheers!

lol  grin grin In his dreams! No nigerian woman would want to be with his broke-assed self.  Dude probably went after a  Nigerbabe with his ghetto mentality and was put in his place so he is here wimpering about Bottom and hip.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What This Man Did With This Lady Will Make Konji Catch You Quick / She Pulled Her Pants… “I bleeped” ... / Look At How This Girl Just Embarrassed Herself (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.