Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,833 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987057 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 6:56am On Jul 04, 2014
The cheap I mean is the one that will not past 1.5million in naira per year and please help with school name and their application process
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Jul 04, 2014
lalla89: The cheap I mean is the one that will not past 1.5million in naira per year and please help with school name and their application process

1.5M is about £6000 and no university in the UK will charge you that little for school fees. Average fees for undergraduate courses are from £9000 up.

Have a look at these universities http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings start looking from 90 up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lalla89: 9:46am On Jul 04, 2014
justwise:

1.5M is about £6000 and no university in the UK will charge you that little for school fees. Average fees for undergraduate courses are from £9000 up.

Have a look at these universities http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings start looking from 90 up
I have checked through the link but just saw the list of universities, Mr Justwise would you please help with the university Name that will charge me £9000 then I will go to the school site direct. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2014
lalla89: I have checked through the link but just saw the list of universities, Mr Justwise would you please help with the university Name that will charge me £9000 then I will go to the school site direct. Thanks

You should have clicked on the universities links

www.sunderland.ac.uk school fees is £9500 but if you pay all you automatically get £1500 scholarship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2014
lalla89: I have checked through the link but just saw the list of universities, Mr Justwise would you please help with the university Name that will charge me £9000 then I will go to the school site direct. Thanks
you mean you still having hard time looking this up yourself? How then will your master run smoothly when u cant digg this up independently? Justwise is the best

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 10:35am On Jul 04, 2014
My mom was given her 10years visiting visa,now it remains mine

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2014
kunbizzle: My mom was given her 10years visiting visa,now it remains mine

You applied at the same time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2014

Congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2014
justwise:

You applied at the same time?
Applied the same day,I emailed sheffield last week and they replied me yesterday,here's the reply I got
hank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in responding.

Your application is unfortunately still waiting to be processed. It is likely to considered in the next few working days.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Kind regards,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2014

*dancing* galore all the way. Congrats to your yummy mummy...
Just hang on a little bit. Wires r touching a bit in these people's head. (Joking) Pls bear with them small. You fit even receive alert by Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
wow.....congrats my friend God will do my own and your own too. How true is it that lekki collection centre have been moved away to churchgate? Where did you pick up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

*dancing* galore all the way. Congrats to your yummy mummy...
Just hang on a little bit. Wires r touching a bit in these people's head. (Joking) Pls bear with them small. You fit even receive alert by Monday.
Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunbizzle: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2014
curiobling: wow.....congrats my friend Gos will do my own and my your own too. How true is it that lekki collection centre have been moved awat to churchgate? Where did you pick up
Yes it has being moved to churchgate,but you would still collect at vfs lekki
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2014
kunbizzle:
Applied the same day,I emailed sheffield last week and they replied me yesterday,here's the reply I got
hank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in responding.

Your application is unfortunately still waiting to be processed. It is likely to considered in the next few working days.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Kind regards,

Ok, you should be looking at next week then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
kunbizzle:
its ok my friend, fear not your visa is cooling. DELETED
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jul 04, 2014
curiobling: its ok my friend, fear not your visa is cooling. DELETED

Please use nairaland email system to contact whoever you want. Avoid dropping your contact details here.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
kunbizzle:

Thats a relief ! Thanks cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
Can someone get a transit visa to enter UK if someone is heading to USA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Submit both passports with your application... While filling your form online , you'll b asked info bou any previous passport. Now u can't say you had one before n u don't submit it as well
Thanks very much, now I understand. The application will be fill online, submitted online and printout to attach all necessary document with and submit all at visa office...Hope am right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
Samy UI Student:
Thanks very much, now I understand. The application will be fill online, submitted online and printout to attach all necessary document with and submit all at visa office...Hope am right?

thats not what she meant. there is a question that asks if you have any other passport? you choose YES.
And another question will ask: where is this passport? Choose IN MY POSSESSION.

So then you make sure you use rubberband to attach the new passport to the other one you have and submit it alongside all ur docs at the visa office.

Chikena.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
newbie2014:

thats not what she meant. there is a question that asks if you have any other passport? you choose YES.

So then you make sure you use rubberband to attach the new passport to the other one you have and submit it alongside all ur docs at the visa office.

Chikena.

Samy UI Student:

Both of you are saying the same thing... Same script, different actors and lines. Lol.

Anyways, @ Samy UI Student, That's why I bolded the "Online" so you won't disturb JW with the same question over and over and exhaust his over-niceness. Lol. You see Newbie2014 is already exhausting his niceness. Lol
Plus, the online application is a simple step by step process, nothing too difficult to comprehend but then, if you reach a deadlock AFTER STARTING AND GOING THRU THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS, hit Nairaland back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2014
newbie2014:

Chikena.
Wow..thanks very much. Am asking that after filling the online form, will I submit it online and print it out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Samy UI Student:
Wow..thanks very much. Am asking that after filling the online form, will I submit it online and print it out?

Pls go through all your answers all over again. Ensure no mistakes please.....

Then you submit and sign the declaration by writing ur name. And then you make payment. Is your account activated for internet banking? For me it was very easy because i have a token as well which i got from my bank. After payment you will be able to print.

FYI before i paid, i picked the centre i wanted to submit. So if you like pick lekki or ikeja which is lagos OR you pick abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
blank:

Definitely not my first. The first one was ready in 3 days. No interview, nothing of that sort. I don't have a sponsor as i am sponsoring myself so no one has been contacted.

I am just frustrated. My family members who applied from Abj got theirs within a week. And ticket prices keep rising. I go just vex withdraw my application. angry
@blank whats the situation over there, have you received alert from vfs lekki?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
newbie2014:

Thanks for your words and its a renewal for my long term visa. it shldnt take long at all.
@newbie 2014 are you also still waiting and tracking every second like me to hear from vfs lekki?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
curiobling: @newbie 2014 are you also still waiting and tracking every second like me to hear from vfs lekki?

yes sure. Work takes my mind of it as well as the world cup.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
newbie2014:

yes sure. Work takes my mind of it as well as the world cup.
i want to travel out of lagos but this is holding me down it will be double expenses underscore stress to see that my pick up is ready same day i arrive at my journey
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hi Justwise, 3sha4lyf and other moderators, I have 5 years uk visa and am intend to put in uk visa application for my wife (not working) and my son who is one year 4 months. we are all planing to travel next month (August) which i will be responsible for all the traveling expenses including hotel, air ticket etc..BUT my concerns is how to fill the income and expenditure section on the form for my wife because i booked the hotel for 3 of us ( i, my wife n son) though i have filled N/A for my son. please kindly put me through.

Income and Expenditure

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? YES

What is the total amount in GBP(£)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
curiobling: @blank whats the situation over there, have you received alert from vfs lekki?

Funnily enough, i got the alert today and went to pick it up. The VFS centre was like a ghost town. Just skeletal services. Those "touts" that usually collect N300 had no business as the security were making the money parking the few people around.

And we all got our visas so that is off my mind.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 12:28am On Jul 05, 2014
blank:

Funnily enough, i got the alert today and went to pick it up. The VFS centre was like a ghost town. Just skeletal services. Those "touts" that usually collect N300 had no business as the security were making the money parking the few people around.

congrats grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Omo_Aje: Hi Justwise, 3sha4lyf and other moderators, I have 5 years uk visa and am intend to put in uk visa application for my wife (not working) and my son who is one year 4 months. we are all planing to travel next month (August) which i will be responsible for all the traveling expenses including hotel, air ticket etc..BUT my concerns is how to fill the income and expenditure section on the form for my wife because i booked the hotel for 3 of us ( i, my wife n son) though i have filled N/A for my son. please kindly put me through...

Hi, ehm, I'm not a moderator; I'm just happy to help where I can, while learning where I can as well smiley.
As per your Q, here's what I think you should key in. And I'll put my reasons where I can.

Income and Expenditure
Nil (because she earns no income for now; can stand as a fulltime housewife smiley )

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
* Nil (Because she bears no cost for the trip. It's all paid for by hubby (luvly) )

The total amount of money you have for this trip
* this I'm not sure but you might wanna put same figures you put in your own VAF (becos same money will be available for her as well)

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
* N/A (she's not the one catering to it; it's hubby)

The cost of your accommodation
* The same as urs. (She can also put N/A because again, she's not the one sponsoring the trip. I would do this.)

The cost of your living expenses
* The same as urs

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? YES

What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
You might wanna put down what you wrote in yours.

This is my opinion based on the ones I've seen successful. The most important thing is that in the "other info to consider application" section, be sure to put down the following:

* I am presently a fulltime housewife.
* This trip will be fully sponsored by my husband, Mr. Xyz. Please refer to his ABC Bank statement attached to support my application.

I say this cos My M/I/L filled hers like this and she was to be sponsored by her hubby. She got her visa. Again, while every visa application is considered in its own merit, I'm certain this is ok. At the end of the day, the choice is yours smiley.
But then what do I know? Lol

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 4:40am On Jul 05, 2014
blank:

i told you now your visa is arrived. Pls whats the purpose of the N300 and how many working days in total now before this arrived

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.