Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (996321 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tusol(f): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2014
@justwise,i need yur help pls
I applied for a student visa in 2008 which I was refused based on probability of false statement of account and was given rigbt to appeal which I did appeal but was not given and in 2009 I gained admission into university here.in 2012 in ma third year in scool I applied for visiting in ireland and was refused based on my sister insuffient fund but she is an irish citizen and they also said obligations to return to nigeria is deem insuffient now this year after I graduated but hoping to go for my NySC this November I also applied for visiting visa with ma mum to ireland to visit ma sister,my mum was given visa but I was refused again based on same reason and they referred to ma previous refusal in UK and my sis and her husband stated clearly she is sponsoring and accommodating us.i am ask to appeal again.they also said no sign of employment since I finished
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2014
tusol: @justwise,i need yur help pls
I applied for a student visa in 2008 which I was refused based on probability of false statement of account and was given rigbt to appeal which I did appeal but was not given and in 2009 I gained admission into university here.in 2012 in ma third year in scool I applied for visiting in ireland and was refused based on my sister insuffient fund but she is an irish citizen and they also said obligations to return to nigeria is deem insuffient now this year after I graduated but hoping to go for my NySC this November I also applied for visiting visa with ma mum to ireland to visit ma sister,my mum was given visa but I was refused again based on same reason and they referred to ma previous refusal in UK and my sis and her husband stated clearly she is sponsoring and accommodating us.i am ask to appeal again.they also said no sign of employment since I finished

What was the outcome of that appeal in 2008? What exactly did they say? That is the beginning of your immigration problem
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tusol(f): 10:22am On Jul 05, 2014
@justwise,i can't even remember anymore,it was a lawyer that filed the appeal then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2014
Hey 3sha4lyf,

I sent you an email.

I hope you received it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Hi, ehm, I'm not a moderator; I'm just happy to help where I can, while learning where I can as well smiley.
As per your Q, here's what I think you should key in. And I'll put my reasons where I can.

Income and Expenditure
Nil (because she earns no income for now; can stand as a fulltime housewife smiley )

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
* Nil (Because she bears no cost for the trip. It's all paid for by hubby (luvly) )

The total amount of money you have for this trip
* this I'm not sure but you might wanna put same figures you put in your own VAF (becos same money will be available for her as well)

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
* N/A (she's not the one catering to it; it's hubby)

The cost of your accommodation
* The same as urs. (She can also put N/A because again, she's not the one sponsoring the trip. I would do this.)

The cost of your living expenses
* The same as urs

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? YES

What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
You might wanna put down what you wrote in yours.

This is my opinion based on the ones I've seen successful. The most important thing is that in the "other info to consider application" section, be sure to put down the following:

* I am presently a fulltime housewife.
* This trip will be fully sponsored by my husband, Mr. Xyz. Please refer to his ABC Bank statement attached to support my application.

I say this cos My M/I/L filled hers like this and she was to be sponsored by her hubby. She got her visa. Again, while every visa application is considered in its own merit, I'm certain this is ok. At the end of the day, the choice is yours smiley.
But then what do I know? Lol

Hope this helps.

I am quite confused with that cost of living expenses
I am assuming this is whilst in the uk
And also pls on the form where it says
Have u visited any uk territories or commonwealth country
South africa is a commonwealth country right
So this answer should be yes if you have visited SA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SamyUIStudent: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Both of you are saying the same thing... Same script, different actors and lines. Lol.

Anyways, @ Samy UI Student, That's why I bolded the "Online" so you won't disturb JW with the same question over and over and exhaust his over-niceness. Lol. You see Newbie2014 is already exhausting his niceness. Lol
Plus, the online application is a simple step by step process, nothing too difficult to comprehend but then, if you reach a deadlock AFTER STARTING AND GOING THRU THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS, hit Nairaland back.
Thanx to everyone that answers my question.. 3sha4lyf and Newbie2014, Am very sry for my repeted questions, Godbless you guys.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2014
tusol: @justwise,i can't even remember anymore,it was a lawyer that filed the appeal then

You have to try and get info about that refusal and appeal outcome else they will keep refusing you until you deal with that issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2014
curiobling: i told you now your visa is arrived. Pls whats the purpose of the N300 and how many working days in total now before this arrived

N300 was for parking. Total days were 24 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hi guys,Vicjustice,Justwise. Hope you remember me wink. D lady with the British boyfriend and British son.. I Know you always say i come in here to make enquiries and just zap, not this time. Got some good news,thanks to your help. Got my leave to remain in less than six weeks..applied here in the Uk....yipeeee! Thanks a lot guys and please keep up the wonderful work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
blank:

N300 was for parking. Total days were 24 working days.
jeez! Thats up to 5wks omg and what category was it that take so long?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pepe-A:
Hi guys,Vicjustice,Justwise. Hope you remember me wink. D lady with the British boyfriend and British son.. I Know you always say i come in here to make enquiries and just zap, not this time. Got some good news,thanks to your help. Got my leave to remain in less than six weeks..applied here in the Uk....yipeeee! Thanks a lot guys and please keep up the wonderful work.

Congratulation!! really happy that it worked out for you.

Did you get married in the UK and apply from Nigeria or you got married in Nigeria and applied from there as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 2:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Hmmm...bro did you actually read my last post to you? I explained to you how to solve the issue of the cost, you don't do guess work with it, you have to be specific with your figures because that is the only way the ECO will know if you can afford the trip or not.

You need to write down your cost for each item and attach this to your application package, ECOs know what those items cost....flight, transport within London or outside London etc... because its very easy to get them online within minutes. So using a guess work to under-estimate or over-estimate your cost will not help your application.

Good luck

Thanks for the assistance all the while I have completed my estimation and got how much I needed for the 2 trip so I want to show how I will put it down on the form and what to see if I have done it correctly.

5.15. What money is Available for you trip? 400,000 naira

5.16. Who will pay for your travel to the UK? My self

5.17. Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food? My host (brother) will also write his full name

5.18. If some one other than yourself is paying for all or any part of the visit, how much money will they give you? NIL

5.19. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK? 1,000 GBP

I hope I am on the correct path filling this way?

I await your reply pls God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by faithy4me: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
good evening, in the house: please what will i take to sterling bank to pay for my visa fee and did i need to pay the fee before start filling the form and where can i get the link to the online application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
michealangelo:

Thanks for the assistance all the while I have completed my estimation and got how much I needed for the 2 trip so I want to show how I will put it down on the form and what to see if I have done it correctly.

5.15. What money is Available for you trip? 400,000 naira

5.16. Who will pay for your travel to the UK? My self

5.17. Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation and food? My host (brother) will also write his full name

5.18. If some one other than yourself is paying for all or any part of the visit, how much money will they give you? NIL

5.19. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK? 1,000 GBP

I hope I am on the correct path filling this way?

I await your reply pls God bless

You need to write down in blank space or separate paper how you are going to spend that £1000 and attach it to your application (if written on paper)

Your brother need to send you evidence of that accommodation, data page of his passport and his bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

You need to write down in blank space or separate paper how you are going to spend that £1000 and attach it to your application (if written on paper)

Your brother need to send you evidence of that accommodation, data page of his passport and his bank statement.

Thanks Boss copied I have his passport page but not his bank statement yet, I will wait for the post to arrive and I will add that to it, also I will make to do list of all I want to spend the money on inclusive the ticket God bless you and give you more strength
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
michealangelo:

Thanks Boss copied I have his passport page but not his bank statement yet, I will wait for the post to arrive and I will add that to it, also I will make to do list of all I want to spend the money on inclusive the ticket God bless you and give you more strength

Though you have £1000 for the trip but you don't have to spend all, apart from ticket ...avoid adding things that are not necessary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
kofoshi: Hey 3sha4lyf,

I sent you an email.

I hope you received it?

No. Didn't see any though it's notifying me that there's one. I tire for the mata. Wish NL would develop PMs on this forum rather than diverting to ppl's inbox.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
joxiri:

Yes, that's the cost of living expenses you'll incur while on this trip. Tell u what, yeah, do the maths on a rough sheet, i.e accommodation, feeding, local transportation etc. Then sum that up and put down the figure there.

I'm bumping in that cos I dunno the answer. I'm guessing if you answer yes, a toggledown will ask you where n where, you just put you south Africa.
Two things can only happen.
One, It may be ignored if that's not the expected answer from the UKHO, (and then they know that it's time to expatriate on that question as applicants are finding it difficult to provide the expected response)
OR
They tick it good, as well-answered.

But if you leave it blank or say no, if their expectations include All C/wealth countries, they may think you concealed an information.

I may b right, I may be wrong. But then, what do I know wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
tusol: @justwise,i need yur help pls
The primary reason for your subsequent refusals (even for Ireland) is that you (more than likely) have been banned for 10 years for the alleged false documents that you used during your first UK visa application, any other reason is secondary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Yes, that's the cost of living expenses you'll incur while on this trip. Tell u what, yeah, do the maths on a rough sheet, i.e accommodation, feeding, local transportation etc. Then sum that up and put down the figure there.

I'm bumping in that cos I dunno the answer. I'm guessing if you answer yes, a toggledown will ask you where n where, you just put you south Africa.
Two things can only happen.
One, It may be ignored if that's not the expected answer from the UKHO, (and then they know that it's time to expatriate on that question as applicants are finding it difficult to provide the expected response)
OR
They tick it good, as well-answered.

But if you leave it blank or say no, if their expectations include All C/wealth countries, they may think you concealed an information.

I may b right, I may be wrong. But then, what do I know wink

but there is already an option for the cost of accommodation
so how comes you still have to add it to the total cost of living expenses do you see what am saying its cache 22
@justwise pls do comment on this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pepe-A:
Congrats, Sister.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Though you have £1000 for the trip but you don't have to spend all, apart from ticket ...avoid adding things that are not necessary

OK thanks God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
michealangelo:

OK thanks God bless

pls also do you need to book appointment for all vacs now or just the lekki teleperformance one
am really getting confused i thot u just applied online and turned up at the vac office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
3sha4lyf:

No. Didn't see any though it's notifying me that there's one. I tire for the mata. Wish NL would develop PMs on this forum rather than diverting to ppl's inbox.

It should be fine now since I follow you. Please check your email as you will not be able to read the actual mail in NL anyway.

For the avoidance of going back and forth, isn't re to know if you suggested that it would not be frowned upon if my cousin deposits the air ticket fate into her mother's account. Her plan was to be the sole sponsor anyway bit because she is a full time student she assumed that this will not be allowed.

What are your thoughts? And sorry for being a pest. When it comes to immigration I'm a firm believer that no assumption should be made, you ask until you get clarity. cheesy

Apologies if I'm making you repeat what you may have mentioned before.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by faithy4me: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
please justwise link me with the site where i can fill my application online
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
faithy4me: please justwise link me with the site where i can fill my application online

https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by faithy4me: 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
thanks.........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ justwise
please kindly assist me na with the questions i asked
its quite urgent thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
joxiri:

What issue do you have about cost of living?

Yes SA is the right answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ justwise cost of living should technically include transport food and accommodation
but on the form like a ? or 2 before the cost of living for the trip theres a ? for cost of accommodation
so when answering cost of living do u add all what i mentioned above and total it
for instance
this application hotel is costing 582 quid for 7 days
and if u now put cost of living for 500 which does not include accommodation then that amount is more than enough
but if the eco expects u to include the accommodation cost then your accommodation is actually more than the cost of living in total
do you see my dilemma and this dud just look stupid and most likely lead to a refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Congratulation!! really happy that it worked out for you.

Did you get married in the UK and apply from Nigeria or you got married in Nigeria and applied from there as well?

Got married in Uk and applied from Uk too. We put in the application in May and got response dated June 27th. I applied as the spouse of British and got my 1st 2 and a half years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (426)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.