Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,585 members, 7,847,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (985466 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
joxiri:

@ justwise cost of living should technically include transport food and accommodation
but on the form like a ? or 2 before the cost of living for the trip theres a ? for cost of accommodation
so when answering cost of living do u add all what i mentioned above and total it
for instance
this application hotel is costing 582 quid for 7 days
and if u now put cost of living for 500 which does not include accommodation then that amount is more than enough
but if the eco expects u to include the accommodation cost then your accommodation is actually more than the cost of living in total
do you see my dilemma and this dud just look stupid and most likely lead to a refusal

Can you post the particular question you have problem with? I don't seem to understand what cost of living got to do with visiting visa.

Post those questions you want clarification on....exactly how its in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pepe-A:

Got married in Uk and applied from Uk too. We put in the application in May and got response dated June 27th. I applied as the spouse of British and got my 1st 2 and a half years.

Thanks for the info, that cleared my doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
Omo_Aje: Hi Justwise, 3sha4lyf and other moderators, I have 5 years uk visa and am intend to put in uk visa application for my wife (not working) and my son who is one year 4 months. we are all planing to travel next month (August) which i will be responsible for all the traveling expenses including hotel, air ticket etc..BUT my concerns is how to fill the income and expenditure section on the form for my wife because i booked the hotel for 3 of us ( i, my wife n son) though i have filled N/A for my son. please kindly put me through.

Income and Expenditure

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? YES

What is the total amount in GBP(£)

thank so much @3sha4lyf: still need more response before confirming the application online.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
justwise:

Can you post the particular question you have problem with? I don't seem to understand what cost of living got to do with visiting visa.

Post those questions you want clarification on....exactly how its in the form.

under income and expenditure section

it says what is total cost of trip response 1700 pounds
total money you have for this trip response 1700 pounds
cost of aeroplane boat or train response 200,000 naira
cost of accommodation (premier inn)response 582 pounds
cost of your living expenses response 500 pounds

thats how it is on the form online as u can see cost of accommodation comes just before cost of living and
problem is does this cost of living expenses have to include the hotel as u can see i put 500 cos am assuming it doesn't include cost of accommodation as it has already been addressed in previous ?
however if it is to include hotel then cost of living certainly should be more than 500
i hope this clarifies my dilemma @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
joxiri:

thats how it is on the form online as u can see cost of accommodation comes just before cost of living and
problem is does this cost of living expenses have to include the hotel as u can see i put 500 cos am assuming it doesn't include cost of accommodation as it has already been addressed in previous ?
however if it is to include hotel then cost of living certainly should be more than 500

Ok, please can you confirm the type of visa you are applying for and total amount you have in your account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
@ justwise
its a general visitors visa
theres 1.2 million naira in the account
on a salary of 200,000 naira
6 months bank statements and payslip
letter of appointment from employer
letter of leave
comprehensive car insurance for his car
however applicant has been refused twice whilst in university and once after university
i think everything is fine
its this income and expenditure thats the tricky bit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Pls guys, I need your candid advise on this issue that has been a bother to me. I applied for a US business visa July 2013 but I was denied and am about to submit a Tier 4 UK visa application. In my US visa application, I claimed I was married but in reality I am not. Would u advise I remain with the "married" status or i declare my real marital status "fiancee/proposed civil partner"? Am just curious as I feel this might pose a threat under my past visa application history irrespective of the difference in countries. Pls advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olumide098(m): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
Guyz..Kindly assist me with transit visa requirement of 24 hours....going from Lagos to London and from there to New york but want to enter UK to greet my Aunty...pls kindly give me the requirement or tell me what to do....pls coz Qatar airline have the connecting flight before it close..pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
kofoshi:

It should be fine now since I follow you. Please check your email as you will not be able to read the actual mail in NL anyway.

For the avoidance of going back and forth, isn't re to know if you suggested that it would not be frowned upon if my cousin deposits the air ticket fate into her mother's account. Her plan was to be the sole sponsor anyway bit because she is a full time student she assumed that this will not be allowed.

What are your thoughts? And sorry for being a pest. When it comes to immigration I'm a firm believer that no assumption should be made, you ask until you get clarity. cheesy

Apologies if I'm making you repeat what you may have mentioned before.

Ok.
I recall saying that there's nothing wrong with A sponsoring B and/or C especially if A has the monies, albeit A is a student. I recall giving an example of my sister who invited my parents and 3 siblings;2 refused for their own minor-turned-major errors, one reapplied and was granted; other couldn't be bothered reapplying.

If A decides to transfer the TP fare to B or C, B may have to explain how that money got to her account, which still ropes A in cos B will say it's from A for TP fare, AND A will still have to attest to that, which takes it to square one and u ask urself, what was the point moving the monies. If she can cover the bills as a sponsor, why not?!

Again, I can't help but reiterate it. Her being a full time student, doesn't deter A from sponsoring B. Look at it this way, what if A was working before she became a student What if A saved sooooo much monies since before studies? That's y I say it's not a deterrent.

Hope this helps. Very happy to help where I can.

Still looking for the mail... guess it's lost in the cloud. :/

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
Itstyme: Pls guys, I need your candid advise on this issue that has been a bother to me. I applied for a US business visa July 2013 but I was denied and am about to submit a Tier 4 UK visa application. In my US visa application, I claimed I was married but in reality I am not. Would u advise I remain with the "married" status or i declare my real marital status "fiancee/proposed civil partner"? Am just curious as I feel this might pose a threat under my past visa application history irrespective of the difference in countries. Pls advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Ok.
I recall saying that there's nothing wrong with A sponsoring B and/or C especially if A has the monies, albeit A is a student. I recall giving an example of my sister who invited my parents and 3 siblings;2 refused for their own minor-turned-major errors, one reapplied and was granted; other couldn't be bothered reapplying.

If A decides to transfer the TP fare to B or C, B may have to explain how that money got to her account, which still ropes A in cos B will say it's from A for TP fare, AND A will still have to attest to that, which takes it to square one and u ask urself, what was the point moving the monies. If she can cover the bills as a sponsor, why not?!

Again, I can't help but reiterate it. Her being a full time student, doesn't deter A from sponsoring B. Look at it this way, what if A was working before she became a student What if A saved sooooo much monies since before studies? That's y I say it's not a deterrent.

Hope this helps. Very happy to help where I can.

Still looking for the mail... guess it's lost in the cloud. :/

You are A GEM!

While I waited for your response, I re-read your previous posts and indeed you had mentioned that a student is not prohibited from sponsoring a visitor. I am sorry for making you repeat this information. Please indulge my tardiness.

I just worry for the possibility of C being refused because as a previous responded mentioned, A is an adult and would therefore not be expected to be sponsored. Well, if it is acceptable for A to sponsor both travel and maintenance for C, then all the better.

On other notes, as luck will have it, B had some monies in excess of N250k paid into her account by one of her new lessees. Unfortunately, an agreement is yet to be made in writing and it is unlikely to be done this week as the lessee is out of town and the applicants intend to re-apply this week taking the graduation date into account. How best do you think they can explain the arrival of this funds without a contractual document between the landlord and tenant?

Again, I'm in utmost gratitude for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:09am On Jul 06, 2014
kofoshi:

You are A GEM!

While I waited for your response, I re-read your previous posts and indeed you had mentioned that a student is not prohibited from sponsoring a visitor. I am sorry for making you repeat this information. Please indulge my tardiness.

I just worry for the possibility of C being refused because as a previous responded mentioned, A is an adult and would therefore not be expected to be sponsored. Well, if it is acceptable for A to sponsor both travel and maintenance for C, then all the better.

On other notes, as luck will have it, B had some monies in excess of N250k paid into her account by one of her new lessees. Unfortunately, an agreement is yet to be made in writing and it is unlikely to be done this week as the lessee is out of town and the applicants intend to re-apply this week taking the graduation date into account. How best do you think they can explain the arrival of this funds without a contractual document between the landlord and tenant?

Again, I'm in utmost gratitude for your assistance.
Ok, my suggestion is that only B reapplies for now. Reason is that C might have it tough gathering supporting docs from her uni to support her application.

If I understand you, B just let a property to X. X paid in about 250k in B's account. But no let agreement has been agreed and signed yet cos X is out of town.
If this is the case, B should draft the letting agreement and sign (and seal if a lawyer is involved, the better), a receipt of payment and attach a photocopy to the application and write something like this in "other info" or on a fresh "letter of identification for UK Visa application":-

"Recent Payment of 250k (also write in words) reflects payment by Mr X (or whosoever paid it in) for new lease of property located at bla bla bla, for the period of Yyears. Please refer to attached let agreement which is yet to be signed as at time of application as tenant is out of town. Furthermore, tenant can be reached on 080........"

I think you confused A for C in the bolded. Btw, there's nothing wrong with being sponsored as an adult. The only issue is your ties back home, ie. the potent reason that can cause u to return back to Nigeria after ur visit to uk. So if you are a student, unfortunately, you have to do extra much to prove that you will return to Naija, and continue ur studies. But if u've finished skool and awaiting NYSC, like my sibling, that can b used as an evidence of strong tie. Mind you, my sibling was in all ramifications, AN ADULT yet sibling was sponsored by my sister.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask; you can only know more if you ask right, so don't be dismayed. At the end of the day, if you reason out what I've written out, you can deduce which is best for you and tailor it to suit your circumstance ; I mean A,B and C's circumstance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:25am On Jul 06, 2014
olumide098: Guyz..Kindly assist me with transit visa requirement of 24 hours....going from Lagos to London and from there to New york but want to enter UK to greet my Aunty...pls kindly give me the requirement or tell me what to do....pls coz Qatar airline have the connecting flight before it close..pls

Go to the visa application website www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk, register sn account (if you haven't already done), start new application (Apply for myself) and fill out the first page of the form.
In the "Select Visa Type" section, choose the following in the toggle-down boxes

Reason for visit= Transit
Visa Type= Transit
Visa Sub Type= (Special) Visitors in Transit.
Tgeb conyinue thru from there.

Required documents remain same as have already been posted on this forum PLUS a confirmed booking showing onward journey to final destination.
So while normal visit visa doesn't require a paid transportation attached with application, YOU MUST ATTACH your confirmed flight ticket to New York shoeing a stop over in, AND DEPARTURE from the UK within 48 hours. Guess 47hrs is more than rnough to "greet" ur Aunty. cheesy

Hope this helped.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dannyhola: 7:25am On Jul 06, 2014
Please house i will like to know the procedures of how i can reapply for Uk visa,Have been denied at my first application and when i tried to appeal i was told to go and reply ...Please what are the ways and procedures i can follow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 7:50am On Jul 06, 2014
3sha4lyf:
Ok, my suggestion is that only B reapplies for now. Reason is that C might have it tough gathering supporting docs from her uni to support her application.

If I understand you, B just let a property to X. X paid in about 250k in B's account. But no let agreement has been agreed and signed yet cos X is out of town.
If this is the case, B should draft the letting agreement and sign (and seal if a lawyer is involved, the better), a receipt of payment and attach a photocopy to the application and write something like this in "other info" or on a fresh "letter of identification for UK Visa application":-

"Recent Payment of 250k (also write in words) reflects payment by Mr X (or whosoever paid it in) for new lease of property located at bla bla bla, for the period of Yyears. Please refer to attached let agreement which is yet to be signed as at time of application as tenant is out of town. Furthermore, tenant can be reached on 080........"

I think you confused A for C in the bolded. Btw, there's nothing wrong with being sponsored as an adult. The only issue is your ties back home, ie. the potent reason that can cause u to return back to Nigeria after ur visit to uk. So if you are a student, unfortunately, you have to do extra much to prove that you will return to Naija, and continue ur studies. But if u've finished skool and awaiting NYSC, like my sibling, that can b used as an evidence of strong tie. Mind you, my sibling was in all ramifications, AN ADULT yet sibling was sponsored by my sister.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask; you can only know more if you ask right, so don't be dismayed. At the end of the day, if you reason out what I've written out, you can deduce which is best for you and tailor it to suit your circumstance ; I mean A,B and C's circumstance.

Seing your responses always makes me feel as though I have fallen into a treasure trove. cheesy

You know what? It is uncanny, how your experience almost mirror that of my cousin's -how? Did you ask? Well just like you, A's sister, C is a recent graduate who has been drafted to embark on NYSC this August. The slight confusion for me however is that C did submit a letter from her UNI to state that she was a student of UNILAG who will be embarking on her NYSC programme but again this might have seemed contradictory as on one hand she is a graduate yet she requested testimonial from her old University- but the ECO never expressed this confusion. Anyway, her NYSC letter is now available and in addition has an offer of employment which is conditional upon her being posted to serve in Lagos. I have advised that nonetheless, she, C, provides enough evidence to show that she attended the said UNI and also enough proof that she will be embarking on her NYSC. Furthermore that she provides evidence as to why it will be desirable for her to embark on such programme and it's ramifications should she not comply with such requirement. This I hope will prove that she is intent on returning to Nigeria as it is for her utmost good. What are your thoughts on this, please?

As per the lack of tenancy agreement, I understand that one way or the other, B must be able to show the source of this fund and without documentary evidence she will be left in a pickle. My initial advise was that she makes a declaration in court for an affidavit? This is because I was wary of the implication of her drafting an agreement which will not bear the true signature of the lessee (due to his not being present) and therefore lead the ECO to presume forgery which could lead to a 10 year ban. However your advise seems sound enough, a solicitor's seal should suffice.

As per your emboldened, yeah you were right, I meant to say C, and not A. So in summary and from my modest understanding, can I assume that C does not have to show funds for her travel in her account in so far as A is willing to undertake this responsibility alongside accommodation and maintenance while in the UK? All she -A, will be required to do, is to flesh this assumption of responsibility out in a letter while also attaching a breakdown of how this responsibility will be met i.e submitting an itinerary? Also, is a required to show 6 months or 3 months bank statement? From the requirement, I think it states 3 months?

Gosh! A thousand and one questions. grin you must forgive me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2014
joxiri:

Since accommodation question was separated from living expenses then living expenses question will be things like feeding, transport within the UK and shopping (if you are going to do one)
£500 is alot for feeding and transport if you are staying for a week or two.

Make sure that your figures are realistic and not guess work..e.g the hotel figure, how long are you staying and how much a night in premier inn?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:37am On Jul 06, 2014
kofoshi:

Seing your responses always makes me feel as though I have fallen into a treasure trove. cheesy

You know what? It is uncanny, how your experience almost mirror that of my cousin's -how? Did you ask?

It's coincidence babe, it's coincidence. smiley

kofoshi:
Well just like you, A's sister, C is a recent graduate who has been drafted to embark on NYSC this August. The slight confusion for me however is that C did submit a letter from her UNI to state that she was a student of UNILAG who will be embarking on her NYSC programme but again this might have seemed contradictory as on one hand she is a graduate yet she requested testimonial from her old University- but the ECO never expressed this confusion. Anyway, her NYSC letter is now available and in addition has an offer of employment which is conditional upon her being posted to serve in Lagos. I have advised that nonetheless, she, C, provides enough evidence to show that she attended the said UNI and also enough proof that she will be embarking on her NYSC. Furthermore that she provides evidence as to why it will be desirable for her to embark on such programme and it's ramifications should she not comply with such requirement. This I hope will prove that she is intent on returning to Nigeria as it is for her utmost good. What are your thoughts on this, please?

you lost me on the bolded. I should have directly asked, what year is C? Then we can take it from der.

kofoshi:
As per the lack of tenancy agreement, I understand that one way or the other, B must be able to show the source of this fund and without documentary evidence she will be left in a pickle. My initial advise was that she makes a declaration in court for an affidavit? This is because I was wary of the implication of her drafting an agreement which will not bear the true signature of the lessee (due to his not being present) and therefore lead the ECO to presume forgery which could lead to a 10 year ban. However your advise seems sound enough, a solicitor's seal should suffice

Spot-on!!! Just do the usual let agreement that would be done anyways, with of without visa application. Only difference is a solicitors seal or rotary seal (guess that's what it's called back there) would be helpful.

kofoshi:
As per your emboldened, yeah you were right, I meant to say C, and not A.

Thought as much. phew!

kofoshi:
So in summary and from my modest understanding, can I assume that C does not have to show funds for her travel in her account in so far as A is willing to undertake this responsibility alongside accommodation and maintenance while in the UK? All she -A, will be required to do, is to flesh this assumption of responsibility out in a letter while also attaching a breakdown of how this responsibility will be met i.e submitting an itinerary?

Nope. Didn't say that. C can as well include her SoA. It's a supporting document, albeit low in finance, remember? Moreover itinerary is different from "breakdown of how the responsibility will be met". Itinerary is more like showing what and what you'll do durin your trip. Oh Nairaland message service!!! What's up with you na

kofoshi:
Also, is a required to show 6 months or 3 months bank statement? From the requirement, I think it states 3 months?

Naija requests for 6months. Uk requests for 3 months. I think at this point, the laws of the land where u apply overrules the other.

kofoshi:
Gosh! A thousand and one questions. grin you must forgive me.

No worries. Happy to help smiley. And hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 9:39am On Jul 06, 2014
Itstyme: Pls guys, I need your candid advise on this issue that has been a bother to me. I applied for a US business visa July 2013 but I was denied and am about to submit a Tier 4 UK visa application. In my US visa application, I claimed I was married but in reality I am not. Would u advise I remain with the "married" status or i declare my real marital status "fiancee/proposed civil partner"? Am just curious as I feel this might pose a threat under my past visa application history irrespective of the difference in countries. Pls advise

NB: I have a "proposed civil partner/fiancee more like traditionally married but not legally married. Please guys I need your kind responses .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 9:59am On Jul 06, 2014
3sha4lyf:

It's coincidence babe, it's coincidence. smiley

you lost me on the bolded. I should have directly asked, what year is C? Then we can take it from der.

Spot-on!!! Just do the usual let agreement that would be done anyways, with of without visa application. Only difference is a solicitors seal or rotary seal (guess that's what it's called back there) would be helpful.

Thought as much. phew!

Nope. Didn't say that. C can as well include her SoA. It's a supporting document, albeit low in finance, remember? Moreover itinerary is different from "breakdown of how the responsibility will be met". Itinerary is more like showing what and what you'll do durin your trip. Oh Nairaland message service!!! What's up with you na

Naija requests for 6months. Uk requests for 3 months. I think at this point, the laws of the land where u apply overrules the other.

No worries. Happy to help smiley. And hope this helps.

Thanks for replying.

C graduated this June and has been enlisted for NYSC so she is no longer a student. She has her NYSC letter so I suppose this puts her in better stead as opposed to being just a student? This proves she has ties back home and removes the doubt on her intention to leave the UK after her visit? She can only stay till the end of July anyway as she has to be present in the orientation camp on the 5th August.

So either way, C should still show some n200k odd in her account despite A sponsoring? Or would a lesser amount do? She is unemployed so does not normally get that kind of money in her account hence the money will either have to come from A or B.

Oh I understood the part about an itinerary bit it was my explanation which was a bit off. Anyway, B&C are unlikely to be doing any 'touristy' stuff when around s they only have two weeks to spare. The most they would probably do is visit oxford circus, Westfield, Liverpool street(naija mothers' haven grin) and the the Tower of London and maybe Big Ben. London Eye is out of the question I suppose grin. A drives and would be the designated chauffeur so I really wouldn't see much need for oyster except on days when they have to visit those locations mentioned. cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2014
kofoshi:

Thanks for replying.

C graduated this June and has been enlisted for NYSC so she is no longer a student. She has her NYSC letter so I suppose this puts her in better stead as opposed to being just a student? This proves she has ties back home and removes the doubt on her intervention to leave the UK after her visit? She can only stay till the end of July anyway as she has to be present in the orientation camp on the 5th August.

So either way, C should still show some n200k odd in her account despite A sponsoring? Or would a lesser amount do? She is unemployed so does not normally get that kind of money in her account hence the money will either have to come from A or B.

Best as the NYSC letter is out. Like I said, In my sibling's case, first application, sibling got letter of identification from uni, didn't read the letter which read that sibling HAS FINISHED STUDIES AT THE UNI AND AWARD NYSC, submitted it with application, whereas On the application, sibling wrote "student" as occupation. See the contradiction?. Luckily by the time sibling reapplied, call-up letter was ready and sibling attached it, made notes that "student" was selected becos as at the time of application, uni had not issued the success letter or result and so sibling could still be deemed as student.

So if you read between the lines, you'll see that the call-up letter is a supporting doc to show that applicant C intends to return by August after her visit to UK.

And yes, C needs to show at least 200-250k in the account, albeit A's sponsoring. More the better, less, the more worrisome. But remember, any lodge in Cs account should be synonymous to previous transactions in Cs account history. Doesn't make sense paying 1mill in an account that has had 1k, 2k transactions on average, or, paying 500k every day into an account that's been receiving 3k once in a blue moon, in the recent past. That's a clear case of lodgement to deceive the ECO.

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kofoshi: 10:39am On Jul 06, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Best as the NYSC letter is out. Like I said, In my sibling's case, first application, sibling got letter of identification from uni, didn't read the letter which read that sibling HAS FINISHED STUDIES AT THE UNI AND AWARD NYSC, submitted it with application, whereas On the application, sibling wrote "student" as occupation. See the contradiction?. Luckily by the time sibling reapplied, call-up letter was ready and sibling attached it, made notes that "student" was selected becos as at the time of application, uni had not issued the success letter or result and so sibling could still be deemed as student.

So if you read between the lines, you'll see that the call-up letter is a supporting doc to show that applicant C intends to return by August after her visit to UK.

And yes, C needs to show at least 200-250k in the account, albeit A's sponsoring. More the better, less, the more worrisome. But remember, any lodge in Cs account should be synonymous to previous transactions in Cs account history. Doesn't make sense paying 1mill in an account that has had 1k, 2k transactions on average, or, paying 500k every day into an account that's been receiving 3k once in a blue moon, in the recent past. That's a clear case of lodgement to deceive the ECO.

Hope this helps.

Well, that is a real issue, then, 'lodgement'. Beacause although C has in the past receives this kind of money, it had been done cash in hand and I doubt that her account can show a one off payment of at least 200k. She is a mummy's girl who would normally go home to receive cash in hand from her mother since the distance from home to school was quite short. I have no doubt that she seldom deposits the full amount into her account.

Oh what to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 11:11am On Jul 06, 2014
@justwise
My exact thoughts thanks
The cost of accomodation at premier inn varies per night
But the total cost is 582 pounds
Also I just realised flight prices for the month of august are ridiculously high on average 280,000 naira
Now do I use this august average or a genral average of around 180 to 190k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2014
justwise:
Since accommodation question was separated from living expenses then living expenses question will be things like feeding, transport within the UK and shopping (if you are going to do one)
£500 is alot for feeding and transport if you are staying for a week or two.

Make sure that your figures are realistic and not guess work..e.g the hotel figure, how long are you staying and how much a night in premier inn?

joxiri:
@justwise
My exact thoughts thanks
Also I just realised flight prices for the month of august are ridiculously high on average 280,000 naira

I just have to repeat what i said before in bold, your figures have to be accurate and not guess work. If you are traveling in August then use August price because that is what you will be paying and not any general figure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Jul 06, 2014
dannyhola: Please house i will like to know the procedures of how i can reapply for Uk visa,Have been denied at my first application and when i tried to appeal i was told to go and reply ...Please what are the ways and procedures i can follow.

Read this thread for any answer you want, your question has been discussed here over and over again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2014
joxiri:

@justwise
My exact thoughts thanks

Infact as soon as i get my visa. I dont think i will travel again till end of d year. Those prices of ticket are ridiculous high...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joxiri: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2014
newbie2014:

Infact as soon as i get my visa. I dont think i will travel again till end of d year. Those prices of ticket are ridiculous high...

Am telling u virgin and ba are about 350k
I swear u cud get business class tickets for tha price in the quiet season
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oladunwo(m): 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good afternoon to the gurus in the house, I really appreciate ur good work Infact u guys are providing an uncommon support for us all. My issue is that I applied for letter of recommendation from my uni and I directed them to address the letter to :
The consular general,
British high commission,
11 Walter carrington cresent,
Victoria island,
Lagos.
Nigeria.
But lately, I saw another address that is different from what I wrote.
Please I want to know, if I will have to apply for another letter with the other address or the one have ordered for is good enough. And if am gonna order for another, what is the actual address
Tanks in anticipation, GOD bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by michealangelo: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
joxiri:

Y not check emirate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newbie2014: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
joxiri:

With 350k, I can travel twice if i book 3 months earlier by targeting those quiet season. I had already made plans on when to travel. But looking at those figures am seeing on their sites, I just might put it on hold....As at 2 weeks ago it was still like 170k angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.