Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982530 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
3sha4lyf:

I would book directly with an airline. Personally, I don't like travel agency cos, except you are firm on your travel dates, you may have difficulties if you decide to change ur tickets as most times it can only be done by your travel agency. Now, imagine if you are in transit already, or if you are in a country with bout 7hrs time difference, how do u get to reach ur travel agency when they have not yet opened, and of course you don't have a personal travel agent in the agency that you can reach out to to sort it even after working hours?

In short, Travel agencies are not my favourites except I have to travel next day and can't hold a ticket online.

Before you go ahead with wakanow.com, question you should be asking [them] is for example "if I miss my flight, what does it take to get on the next available flight"

HTH
Indeed I really shud av tot of all that..thanks again for ur wonderful advice 3sha4lyf..u are such an amazing person

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Am new on dis thread,pls I was abt filling my online application and I saw dis msg 'When making an online payment in Nigeria, if you are using a Naira visa/ verve/ master card you may need a pre-authorisation code from your bank to make the payment for the visa in USD. Please contact your bank as this may take up to 5 working days'....pls does dis means I av to go to my bank and collect d code before I can pay d visa fee or can I just pay with my master card...pls throw some light on dis issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Justwise

thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 1:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
3sha4lyf:

Wow. Congratulations. I'm happy for you. Glad you weren't deterred at all by people's comments and all. Stay cool

Believe me 3sha4lyf I was almost discouraged especially when 1 other guy added that I have got no strong tie to my country as I am still single with no kids..no properties. .just registered business name not up to even 6 months. At the end I just decided to give d application a try after going tru different threads here plus d advice from u guys too..basically from d outcome of my application I think every application is handled according to genuine information supplied on one's circumstances

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
Chrizizon:

Believe me 3sha4lyf I was almost discouraged especially when 1 other guy added that I have got no strong tie to my country as I am still single with no kids..no properties. .just registered business name not up to even 6 months. At the end I just decided to give d application a try after going tru different threads here plus d advice from u guys too..basically from d outcome of my application I think every application is handled according to genuine information supplied on one's circumstances

Yes you are very correct. I can't stress it enough, every application is treated in its own merits. And people,should understand that everyone history and background is different and can contribute to the outcome of visa decision. For example, people say Tax clearance certificate or what's it called, is a prerequisite for s/employed or businessmen, yet I know someone who's gotten his visa (I SAW HIS APPLICATION DOCS, I SAW HIS APPROVED VISA, AND I SAW HIM VIST AS WELL) without a tax clearance cert. my friend will say "No two pregnancies are the same". smiley.

Congrats once more
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tounshow: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
After waiting for about a month and half...we got our visa today...the funny thing was that after i waited for 3 weeks and the passport refuse to come out'teleperformance'...i went ahead to buy a car ..hence...zero naira in d accout cheesy..my hubby went to pick up our passport this morning;.we(me,myhubby and our son)...all got the visa..

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
You are very correct ..I didn't add no tax clearance cert too because I didn't have one ..what I gave them was all I got..instead I gave them print out of my tax identification number as that was my status when I applied..I actually wanted to get a tax clearance cert but when I went to firs office here in abuja those rottweilers who work there asked me to bring N90k for tax clearance for a biz registered not even upto 5 months..they were like ..is it not traveling u want to use it for.. grin I left n didn't go back there again
3sha4lyf:

Yes you are very correct. I can't stress it enough, every application is treated in its own merits. And people,should understand that everyone history and background is different and can contribute to the outcome of visa decision. For example, people say Tax clearance certificate or what's it called, is a prerequisite for s/employed or businessmen, yet I know someone who's gotten his visa (I SAW HIS APPLICATION DOCS, I SAW HIS APPROVED VISA, AND I SAW HIM VIST AS WELL) without a tax clearance cert. my friend will say "No two pregnancies are the same". smiley.

Congrats once more

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi all,

If the company you work for doesnt use payslips and all you can get is your bank statement apart from other documents, is that ok?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
shegsteperz:
The problem will be prooving ties to home.
As a tourist she will need strong ties.
Family, Children or good landed property are helpfull.
Letter from employer (where you have been for more that one year)
stating person is on leave is good.
Without these ties it will be very difficult!

Short term English study for Nigerians will not work!
Too many in the past have abused this so the door is closed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 4:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
Some1 shud pls throw some light on dis issue
adesolami36: Am new on dis thread,pls I was abt filling my online application and I saw dis msg 'When making an online payment in Nigeria, if you are using a Naira visa/ verve/ master card you may need a pre-authorisation code from your bank to make the payment for the visa in USD. Please contact your bank as this may take up to 5 working days'....pls does dis means I av to go to my bank and collect d code before I can pay d visa fee or can I just pay with my master card...pls throw some light on dis issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
In the determination the judge gave the home office 5days to appeal the decision even the 7days has passed and i call the court to find out the home office has make appeal they said no. However, at the end of the determination the judge stated that she made no further redirection and the full fee u should be refund back to me for winning the appeal if they refuse to appeal decision. But as it stand the home office has not appeal. Like i siad the judge stated she made no further redirection what does this means.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi.

New to this forum! My question is regarding my (tourist) UK Visa Application I intend to submit next week. We pln to go to London for 7days.
The story is long but pls bear with me.

I am a LPR(Legal Permanent Resident) of the USA (since 2011) and i have a son who is a US citizen. I'm still in a serious relationship with his dad but not engaged. My self and my boyfriend have traveled together to Dubai, and that's it. I'm currently in Nigeria( for a while now) and he wants to plan a trip to UK I have my Green Card and re-entry permit to go back to the US as i've been out of America for more than 6 months. He is paying for the trip 100%. He is gainfully employed with a salary of abt 300k a month. He has a savings account with a balance of about 1M naira, Landed property, another account with over 2M as he recently got paid benefits from his late mum pension from one of the pension administrative banks. I assume that payment will show as a lodgement and we requested a letter from the bank to show prove which they declined. I am not employed as i don't live in Nigeria and i cant tender my bank statement and work history in the US, as i have been away for more than 6 months. I Urgently need your advice on this matter. Find below the documents we currently have for submission

Letter of introduction from employer- same employer for over 7 years
leave letter stating beginning and end of leave and date to return back to work
Payslip -6 months
Hotel reservation
Flight Itinerary
landed property document
Pictures- various times
bank statement- 1 salary, 1 current, 1 savings
My LPR Card and Re-entry Permit for USA
Copy of our sons US BC and Passport Data page(US Passport)
Letter of Sponsorship from him to stating that he is paying for the trip entirely and we plan to return to Nigeria.

Hope to hear back soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
@worry359

Thanks for responding .

Would registering a business help a good tie to Nigeria ? So she can act like working in the company which she will present every necessary document but the registered business will be in her name as her other source of income.
She can get the leave letter and all..Not a problem .

She is single, do you advise she get married or have a child to serve as another TIE before she can apply ??

I am not always here so i would appreciate any further contact to my email or cell
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2014
shegsteperz: @worry359

Thanks for responding .
She is single, do you advise she get married or have a child to serve as another TIE before she can apply ??

Getting married and having children just to get visiting visa is a bit extreme!

Any documents will help BUT Everything must be real!
No fake documents or companies!

She should come here and read the postings to learn.

Also do NOT drop phone numbers or contacts here!
It's against the rules and leaves you open to thieves!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Worry359

Thanks again

Yeah all document are 100% real. Literally I don't mean she having kids is the only way she can get a Visa to the UK, Just didn't get that part as a tie cos that's a long wait of 9months lol.

The problem is the tie to Nigeria. What other strong tie would you recommend? Since she is just 25yrs. Is her commissioned paid job a good tie?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
SashaPride: Hi.

New to this forum! My question is regarding my (tourist) UK Visa Application I intend to submit next week. We pln to go to London for 7days.

I am a LPR(Legal Permanent Resident) of the USA (since 2011) and i have a son who is a US citizen. I'm still in a serious relationship with his dad but not engaged. My self and my boyfriend have traveled together to Dubai, and that's it. I'm currently in Nigeria( for a while now) and he wants to plan a trip to UK I have my Green Card and re-entry permit to go back to the US as i've been out of America for more than 6 months. He is paying for the trip 100%. He is gainfully employed with a salary of abt 300k a month. He has a savings account with a balance of about 1M naira, Landed property, another account with over 2M as he recently got paid benefits from his late mum pension from one of the pension administrative banks. I assume that payment will show as a lodgement and we requested a letter from the bank to show prove which they declined. I am not employed as i don't live in Nigeria and i cant tender my bank statement and work history in the US, as i have been away for more than 6 months. I Urgently need your advice on this matter. Find below the documents we currently have for submission

Payslip -6 months
Hotel reservation
Flight Itinerary
landed property document
Pictures- various times
Letter of Sponsorship from him to stating that he is paying for the trip entirely and we plan to return to Nigeria.

Hope to hear back soon.

Kindly answer pls its urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
sassybee:

My status changed for a bit but it's back to Attend your appointment undecided I hvnt gotten a mail or text from dem but I Hv picked up my package...well.. I guess if you aren't in Lagos, you just Hv to wait for their mail or text or better still contact UKVI and find about the status of your application.. https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Thanks sassybee, I sent ukvi an email on aug 13, and dey sed its bn delayed as further enquiries are bn made. Make i no kill them wt email ni, abi make I send another one this week ni?

Spikesc, do we av good news? Is it a student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
adesolami36: Some1 shud pls throw some light on dis issue
What that means is that if you haven't already been using your Naira master card to pay online then you'll have to go get a token at your bank. The token is needed to generate the activation code for your card to complete online payments. Make enquiries at your bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adesolami36: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks for d reply.I av gtb token,dt means I can pay with my gtb master card?
kaykay05:
What that means is that if you haven't already been using your Naira master card to pay online then you'll have to go get a token at your bank. The token is needed to generate the activation code for your card to complete online payments. Make enquiries at your bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Chrizizon: Oh really?
smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
the determination the judge gave the home office 5days to appeal the decision even the 7days has passed and i call the court to find out the home office has make appeal they said no. However, at the end of the determination the judge stated that she made no further redirection and the full fee u should be refund back to me for winning the appeal if they refuse to appeal decision. But as it stand the home office has not appeal. Like i siad the judge stated she made no further redirection what does this means.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
akinke:

Thanks sassybee, I sent ukvi an email on aug 13, and dey sed its bn delayed as further enquiries are bn made. Make i no kill them wt email ni, abi make I send another one this week ni?

Spikesc, do we av good news? Is it a student visa?

Good news about what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
SashaPride: Hi.

Payslip -6 months
Hotel reservation
Flight Itinerary
landed property document
Pictures- various times

Hope to hear back soon.

List of places to visit in the UK?

He should use the blank space in the form to explain the huge sum of money inherited from his mother else it will be seen as money lodgement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Baba1010: 5:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

Do you know if a Tier 2 dependent will also require a TB test before making the visa application?

How long does it take to get the TB test result in Nigeria?

**Excuse my naivety if these have been answered already on this forum**

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2014
Baba1010: Hi Guys,
Do you know if a Tier 2 dependent will also require a TB test before making the visa application?
**Excuse my naivety if these have been answered already on this forum**
Thanks
Why not search the forum then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
crisycent:

I got the same thing before my passport was sent to me. It means that they (british high commission) are done with your visa application documents and they have forwarded it to VFS. VFS will have it within 2 working days and should be available for collection there. I paid for UPS to deliver mine to my house, so i didn't have to go to vFS's office.

Hi, we're u issued a visa? We didn't hear ur success story o?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
adesolami36: Thanks for d reply.I av gtb token,dt means I can pay with my gtb master card?
Yes you can but you'll have to generate the activation code through your online banking page. There's an option for card activation code, you'll be requested to generate a number from your token before you get the activation code. If you can't do it yourself then go back to your bank for assistance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abode(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
Baba1010: Hi Guys,

**Excuse my naivety if these have been answered already on this forum**[color=#006600][/color]
Thanks
You will need the TB test and need to book an appointment with the IOM in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by crisycent: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
esosa4real:

Hi, we're u issued a visa? We didn't hear ur success story o?

Got 2years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temmytanny(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have a question to ask. My sister was born in the UK in the early 80s but she has only visited once and ever since she hasnt been able to go back. I was told she is no longer regarded as citizen because of recent law passed by UK govt,how true is that?
If that is true,what kind of visa can she now apply for if she want to return to UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifegy: 3:52am On Aug 22, 2014
temmytanny: Hi Guys,
I have a question to ask. My sister was born in the UK in the early 80s but she has only visited once and ever since she hasnt been able to go back. I was told she is no longer regarded as citizen because of recent law passed by UK govt,how true is that?
If that is true,what kind of visa can she now apply for if she want to return to UK?

You might want to give her year of birth. The citizenship law did change in the early '80s, so depending on her year of birth, she may/may not be eligible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.