Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982514 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
walata75: .

Ok. If he wants to confirm the 10 yrs ban, how does he goes about it from the UK B.A?

Email or call the embassy though i doubt he will get a straight forward answer but it worth a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello house,

Got this email on Thursday afternoon ' Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days. '

1.Is this good or bad?
2. Is it okay to go by tomorrow mornin? Dunno if two working days av elapsed

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
gaskinachi: Hello house,
Got this email on Thursday afternoon ' Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days. '
1.Is this good or bad?
Would you have asked this question if you have to pay money to get the answer?
You applied for a visa, and you got an email saying that your visa has been processed and is ready for collection, and yet, you are asking if it is good or bad (that your visa has been processed).
It just doesn't make sense.
Sorry, I have to answer this way, but understand that there are numerous number of guys like you asking this same question over and over and over again. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to first use the search engine?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
Vicjustice:
Would you have asked this question if you have to pay money to get the answer?
You applied for a visa, and you got an email saying that your visa has been processed and is ready for collection, and yet, you are asking if it is good or bad (that your visa has been processed).
It just doesn't make sense

Lol u got me wrong ...I meant does this mean a visa has been issued? I don't mean to annoy anyone or abuse the privilege we get here...wanted to know if one cud tell if it's a success from the email..that's all

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
Vicjustice:

Sorry, I have to answer this way, but understand that there are numerous number of guys like you asking this same question over and over and over again. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to first use the search engine?

No sweat bro..I'd just wait till tomorrow when I get it to see what's inside.thanks still
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
gaskinachi:

Lol u got me wrong ...I meant does this mean a visa has been issued? I don't mean to annoy anyone or abuse the privilege we get here...wanted to know if one cud tell if it's a success from the email..that's all
How does this make better sense than the previous one?
Of course i consider this question as an abuse of privilege...

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2014
gaskinachi: Hello house,

1.Is this good or bad?

Don't sweat but smile . Ur application is successful. Report back to confirm me . Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dwaynecater: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2014
Guys I hv been to uk embassy and was denied
visa and they stamped my passport with { UK
ABUJA } I want to ask if that stamp would hv
any effect if I want to try out another
country ? Let say like india
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
Good day wonderful people and oga justwise and vicjustice I hail you sir's.I was granted a UK visa july 30 to go for a scout jamboree event with a scout members of 16 from Nigeria..Our commander held our passport with him because he was the one incharge so we couldn't check our visa to know the duration of the visa until we got to heathrow.I felt so sad to see that I was given just 2weeks visa because ever since I have been following this thread I have never heard anybody post anything about 2weeks visa.with hope and faith I was able to get my mood back.The visa expired this month August 15 and I came back to Nigeria August 12.Please I need help on what to do if I want to renew my visa.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
damsamty16: Good day wonderful people and oga justwise and vicjustice I hail you sir's.I was granted a UK visa july 30 to go for a scout jamboree event with a scout members of 16 from Nigeria..Our commander held our passport with him because he was the one incharge so we couldn't check our visa to know the duration of the visa until we got to heathrow.I felt so sad to see that I was given just 2weeks visa because ever since I have been following this thread I have never heard anybody post anything about 2weeks visa.with hope and faith I was able to get my mood back.The visa expired this month August 15 and I came back to Nigeria August 12.Please I need help on what to do if I want to renew my visa.
Thank you
They would know that you had been refused a UK visa, and European countries may want to pay a better look at why... But that does not automatically mean that you would be refused as well: the REASON for the refusal is more importannt than the refusal itself.
You should be fine if you meet the requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2014
damsamty16: Good day wonderful people and oga justwise and vicjustice I hail you sir's.I was granted a UK visa july 30 to go for a scout jamboree event with a scout members of 16 from Nigeria..Our commander held our passport with him because he was the one incharge so we couldn't check our visa to know the duration of the visa until we got to heathrow.I felt so sad to see that I was given just 2weeks visa because ever since I have been following this thread I have never heard anybody post anything about 2weeks visa.with hope and faith I was able to get my mood back.The visa expired this month August 15 and I came back to Nigeria August 12.Please I need help on what to do if I want to renew my visa.
Thank you
I think the visa was a 6 months visa with a 2 weeks duration of stay.
Well, renewing a visa depends on the valid reason that you are applying for the renewal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by komenology(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hi Justwise/Vicjustice,
I really need your honest advice. I'm a graduate and I'll be through with my NYSC by 1st week in Oct, 2014. During the course of my service year I was able to save up to N500,000 in a UBA account. I'm planning to travel to UK for holiday after the service year, I have a cousin/uncle in the UK that can issue me an invitation letter and he will also provide accommodation for me, cos he has been doing this for my elder sister that travels to the UK.
My sister just retired from the bank, and she has a very well funded business she had been running for over 5 years now, so she can also fund part of my trip to UK.
What I intend to do is this; I want to claim that I'm working with my sister's company on a fixed salary which I'll determine later. I also want to run my GTB account personally with the 500k at intervals so as to build my account for the period of 6 months. Let me also include that my dad has a registered company name since the year 2001 which I can also claim I work with.
So finally my concerns are, which of either my sister's or dad's company should I claim I work with, and if I did run the account with time, what are the chances that my visa application will be successful bearing in mind that I will supply the necessary docs like payslip, letter of employment, leave letter and so on. I need your professional advice.

Your comprehensive and prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
I think the visa was a 6 months visa with a 2 weeks duration of stay.
Well, renewing a visa depends on the valid reason that you are applying for the renewal.
They wrote on it that it is valid from july30 to august 15..does it mean it was a 6months visa with 2weeks stay.And if I want to renew can I get someone in UK to invite me base on visitation and if yes sir,can I request for 2years or normal 6months?
Thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
komenology: Hi Justwise/Vicjustice,
I really need your honest advice. I'm a graduate and I'll be through with my NYSC by 1st week in Oct, 2014. During the course of my service year I was able to save up to N500,000 in a UBA account. I'm planning to travel to UK for holiday after the service year, I have a cousin/uncle in the UK that can issue me an invitation letter and he will also provide accommodation for me, cos he has been doing this for my elder sister that travels to the UK.
My sister just retired from the bank, and she has a very well funded business she had been running for over 5 years now, so she can also fund part of my trip to UK.
What I intend to do is this; I want to claim that I'm working with my sister's company on a fixed salary which I'll determine later. I also want to run my GTB account personally with the 500k at intervals so as to build my account for the period of 6 months. Let me also include that my dad has a registered company name since the year 2001 which I can also claim I work with.
So finally my concerns are, which of either my sister's or dad's company should I claim I work with, and if I did run the account with time, what are the chances that my visa application will be successful bearing in mind that I will supply the necessary docs like payslip, letter of employment, leave letter and so on. I need your professional advice.

Your comprehensive and prompt response will be appreciated.
You have just requested that I aid you in a deceptive plan, right?
Well, I am not here to help people design a lie and to make it look good, but rather to help genuine individuals.
However, if you want what is good for you, just tell your sister or/and your dad to volunteer you an employment with genuine proceedures otherwise, you are going to waste your money and also get the 10 years ban. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by komenology(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2014
Vicjustice, Thanks for that honest response. I just wanted to know my chances that's why I posted that. Kindly elaborate on the volunteer employment. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
damsamty16:
They wrote on it that it is valid from july30 to august 15..does it mean it was a 6months visa with 2weeks stay.And if I want to renew can I get someone in UK to invite me base on visitation and if yes sir,can I request for 2years or normal 6months?
Thanks sir
What "they wrote" on it is called Remark, but the visa should be valid for 6 months howbeit, you can only be in the UK for a period not exceeding 2 weeks according to the remark.
And sure, you can get someone to invite you to visit, but then, you need to meet the requirements for a tourist visa, and also, you need to satisfy the visa officer on the need to issue you a 2 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2014
peace009:

Don't sweat but smile . Ur application is successful. Report back to confirm me . Cheers

thanks for the heads up...picked it today and was given 6 mths visa....thanks everyone....i learnt so much from u guys.God bless

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
Vicjustice:
What "they wrote" on it is called Remark, but the visa should be valid for 6 months howbeit, you can only be in the UK for a period not exceeding 2 weeks according to the remark.
And sure, you can get someone to invite you to visit, but then, you need to meet the requirements for a tourist visa, and also, you need to satisfy the visa officer on the need to issue you a 2 years visa.
Wow! Now I got the full picture.Very understandable..thank you very much sir and God bless you.
My american friends who just relocated to the UK 3months ago came to visit me where I was and they really want me to come stay with them.They both spake with my parents and they agreed to let me go..They are ready to sponsor me and take care of all my needs but the issue is that they just got their UK visa as well and they are not a UK citizens yet.So the husband told me to make research if there is anything that can be done.This is the only place I can get sincere help and advice..please help me on what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
my wife was refuse a uk visiting visa last year the eco stated that he/she was not satisfy that my wife was a genuine student of delta state university. however, i took the matter to tribunal court. we won the appeal in favour. i have received the determination from the court the judge has allow the appeal. the promulgate date of the appeal is 1 Agust. now my question since we have had our appeal allow by the court who long will it take to issue the visa to my wife or how long will it take for the british embassy to issue the visa or called her to come to collect her visa. pls advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
damsamty16:
Wow! Now I got the full picture.Very understandable..thank you very much sir and God bless you.
My american friends who just relocated to the UK 3months ago came to visit me where I was and they really want me to come stay with them.They both spake with my parents and they agreed to let me go..They are ready to sponsor me and take care of all my needs but the issue is that they just got their UK visa as well and they are not a UK citizens yet.So the husband told me to make research if there is anything that can be done.This is the only place I can get sincere help and advice..please help me on what to do
According to this narration, you are not seeking to travel as a tourist, but as an immigrant, and that is a tough one since you you are not pursuing it through the right channel.
Well, they don't have to become UK citizens before they can invite you to visit them, they are eligible to invite you if they hold the appropriate visas or resident permit, You may be able to get a tourist visa if you satisfy the requirements especially if you can prove that you have a considerable obligation to return to Nigeria for, but bear in mind that you can only remain in the UK if you condescend to become an absconding fugitive and become an illegal alien.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damsamty16(m): 1:13am On Aug 19, 2014
Vicjustice:
According to this narration, you are not seeking to travel as a tourist, but as an immigrant, and that is a tough one since you you are not pursuing it through the right channel.
Well, they don't have to become UK citizens before they can invite you to visit them, they are eligible to invite you if they hold the appropriate visas or resident permit, You may be able to get a tourist visa if you satisfy the requirements especially if you can prove that you have a considerable obligation to return to Nigeria for, but bear in mind that you can only remain in the UK if you condescend to become an absconding fugitive and become an illegal alien.
Wow! It's better I hold my peace than to be an illegal alien..Lol
Thank you very much sir, I have gained alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lehinme: 6:47am On Aug 19, 2014
Gentlemen please I need your advice. My wife has been a frequent visitor to the uk and actually just renewed her visa for a two year period however we ar considering her going to study in uk. My question is would she need to apply for a students visa or can she use her tourist visa? Secondly our 5 year old son had a two year visa which expired in April but wasn't used at all. Is there any implication as we want to renew it? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Aug 19, 2014
lehinme: Gentlemen please I need your advice. My wife has been a frequent visitor to the uk and actually just renewed her visa for a two year period however we ar considering her going to study in uk. My question is would she need to apply for a students visa or can she use her tourist visa? Secondly our 5 year old son had a two year visa which expired in April but wasn't used at all. Is there any implication as we want to renew it? Thanks

How long will the course last?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Imeobong(m): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2014
Hello house, Please I need advice, we (Myself & Family) applied for a UK Visa, (already we have a 2 years US visa). My bank account balance is in 8 figures and my monthly earning is in 7 figures and we were denied because according to them they could not confirm our hotel reservations in UK. But this is not true as the reservations we made through booking.com is still valid.
Now a lawyer advise that I should not allow my money (N285,000) go down the drain, that we should appeal. Her fee is N50,000. Please what should I do? Should I appeal or reapplied? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 10:07am On Aug 19, 2014
Greetings to this honorable house, please i want to know if www.wakanow.com is a reliable site to purchase int'l flight ticket from? Thanks and waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:11am On Aug 19, 2014
nickson03: my wife was refuse a uk visiting visa last year the eco stated that he/she was not satisfy that my wife was a genuine student of delta state university. however, i took the matter to tribunal court. we won the appeal in favour. i have received the determination from the court the judge has allow the appeal. the promulgate date of the appeal is 1 Agust. now my question since we have had our appeal allow by the court who long will it take to issue the visa to my wife or how long will it take for the british embassy to issue the visa or called her to come to collect her visa. pls advise.
Be advised that winning an appeal does not guarantee the issuance of a visa, she may have to resubmit her application and be reevaluated according to her current circumstances especially if it is not a spouse visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Imeobong(m): 10:22am On Aug 19, 2014
Imeobong: Hello house, Please I need advice, we (Myself & Family) applied for a UK Visa, (already we have a 2 years US visa). My bank account balance is in 8 figures and my monthly earning is in 7 figures and we were denied because according to them they could not confirm our hotel reservations in UK. But this is not true as the reservations we made through booking.com is still valid.
Now a lawyer advise that I should not allow my money (N285,000) go down the drain, that we should appeal. Her fee is N50,000. Please what should I do? Should I appeal or reapplied? Thanks.

House, Vicjustice & Justwise please advise, I need to reapply immediately or appeal. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Chrizizon: Greetings to this honorable house, please i want to know if www.wakanow.com is a reliable site to purchase int'l flight ticket from? Thanks and waiting
I don't wish to be a repellant of customers from other people businesses, but since you are doubtful about their legitimacy, then, how about you visit the website of a carrier and purchase the ticket yourself?
However, the agency has been there for a while now, so I am of the opinion that it wouldn't have sustained this long if their dealings are illegitimate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2014
Imeobong: Hello house, Please I need advice, we (Myself & Family) applied for a UK Visa, (already we have a 2 years US visa). My bank account balance is in 8 figures and my monthly earning is in 7 figures and we were denied because according to them they could not confirm our hotel reservations in UK. But this is not true as the reservations we made through booking.com is still valid.
You did not state the visa category that you applied for nor did you give adequate information to work with.
However, I do not recommend you waste your money to a lawyer because, I am not sure that the application is one that requires a lawyer's service.
Please, provide more information and I'm sure you can get free help here rather than paying away N50k (for something that you can do for free)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2014

That person is not a real lawyer, probably visa agent, you are not entitled to an appeal.

First you need to confirm from the hotel that your reservation is still valid because many hotels do cancel reservations even without informing you, so do that and use the evidence to reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Imeobong(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2014
justwise:
That person is not a real lawyer, probably visa agent, you are not entitled to an appeal.
First you need to confirm from the hotel that your reservation is still valid because many hotels do cancel reservations even without informing you, so do that and use the evidence to reapply.

@ Justwise, the reservation is still valid. Thanks.

Vicjustice:
You did not state the visa category that you applied for nor did you give adequate information to work with.
However, I do not recommend you waste your money to a lawyer because, I am not sure that the application is one that requires a lawyer's service.
Please, provide more information and I'm sure you can get free help here rather than paying away N50k (for something that you can do for free)

@ Vicjustice General Visitor Visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2014
Imeobong:

@ Justwise, the reservation is still valid. Thanks.

@ Vicjustice General Visitor Visa

Do you have that reconfirmed by the hotel? If yes then reapply and attach the email to your application, use the black space to voice your disappointment with the previous refusal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.