Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982932 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:39pm On Aug 16, 2014
Chrizizon: I want to say a very big thanks to you guys here in NL for the great job u are doing here, especially 3sha4lyf and Justwise, I want to tell ya all that my application for family visit to the UK was successful, it was my first time of applying, i submitted my application on the 08/08/2014 at VFS Abuja and got an alert on my phone for pick up on the 15/08/2014 just a week after submission, the visa was actually issued on the 13/08/2014, I really appreciate ur advices, thank u so much 3sha4lyf for that wonderful Letter to the ECO, it gave me clue to everything i included in the application, even though some guys discouraged me from applying, saying my self employed status wouldn't help me because i registered my business name barely 5 months ago, with ur advice here i was able to fix the right docs into the application, above all i guess God answered my Prayer grin Very Thankful here

Congratulations!, happy that your application was successful

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
U guys are too much here, much Thanks again bro
justwise:

Congratulations!, happy that your application was successful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:

Sorry to hear that, post the refusal letter lets know what went wrong

Ok, this is the refusal letter. Everyone should pls give their opinion. Thanks.

•The previous entry clearance officer raised concerns over your economic circumstances. In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit, and your proposed travel arrangements. You state that you are employed full time and that you earn 150,200 Naira per month after tax. You have stated that you no further paid jobs or occupations. I am aware that the documents you have presented appear to indicate that you are employed in a family business and I recognise that you have provided a letter of support from your employer, together with pay slips and personal bank statement and I acknowledge that there are cash payments paid in akin to your salary amounts. These however, remain unsupported by any substantiating documents.

•Whilst I accept that many people in Nigeria are paid in cash, I am mindful that it is the applicant's responsibility to submit sufficient information as to satisfy the entry clearance officer of their intentions. I note that you have been in the same employment since 2011. It would therefore be reasonable to expect that you would be able to provide further official documents to support your economic circumstances. In their absence. I am not satisfied that the documents you have submitted satisfactorily establish that your economic circumstances are as stated or address the concerns raised by the previous entry clearance officer.

For clearification, the reason I was refused the last time was because my salary payments are made in cash payments. I reapplied and explained why it is so in a cover letter. There is however no document that I know of which I can submit to that effect other than the letter from my employer. If anyone here knows pls I'll be glad to hear it. Secondly, this Eco expects me to have documents for properties because I've been employed for 3years? Seriously? Or isn't that what he meant by " It would therefore be reasonable to expect that you would be able to provide further official documents to support your economic circumstances." Isn't that a little unfair? I'm not saying that it isn't possible but it shouldn't be basis for refusal considering how I've shown good enough ties to Nigeria by showing I manage a family business for my aged parents, even had my parent give me the Cert of registration and Govt approval of the business to back up my application. Plus I had copies of my parents international passport to show their age as stated. I just feel the ECO wasn't fair in his decision.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akhilJ: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
Guys Need your help here.

I applied for the UK Work Permit Tier 2 ICT visa from India. In the online visa application form at visa4uk.fco.gov.uk I have wrongly entered my Given Name as Akhiil (an extra 'i') instead of Akhil. So now there is a mismatch in the name in the online application form and the passport I hold. Will this be a reason for rejection of my visa by the UK embassy in their verification process? I have already submitted all the documents and the application to VFS center at Chennai. It is a typo. Will they consider that as a typo and process it, or will they reject it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akhilJ: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise can u please help me out with the query above? I am very worried about this whole thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by muami(m): 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
Did you summit a Tax Clearance Certificate?

From your circumstances, (i.e. family business, salary paid by cash etc) the best way to satisfy the ECO is to summit a TCC showing that you have actually been paying tax on the your salary to the appropriate tax authorities. Otherwise, the ECO may assume that the cash payments being paid into your bank account is upkeep money by your parents, and I think that is what they have done in this case.
kaykay05:

•The previous entry clearance officer raised concerns over your economic circumstances. In order to be able to make a decision on whether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category I have taken into account your stated circumstances in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit, and your proposed travel arrangements. You state that you are employed full time and that you earn 150,200 Naira per month after tax. You have stated that you no further paid jobs or occupations. I am aware that the documents you have presented appear to indicate that you are employed in a family business and I recognise that you have provided a letter of support from your employer, together with pay slips and personal bank statement and I acknowledge that there are cash payments paid in akin to your salary amounts. These however, remain unsupported by any substantiating documents.

•Whilst I accept that many people in Nigeria are paid in cash, I am mindful that it is the applicant's responsibility to submit sufficient information as to satisfy the entry clearance officer of their intentions. I note that you have been in the same employment since 2011. It would therefore be reasonable to expect that you would be able to provide further official documents to support your economic circumstances. In their absence. I am not satisfied that the documents you have submitted satisfactorily establish that your economic circumstances are as stated or address the concerns raised by the previous entry clearance officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
muami: Did you summit a Tax Clearance Certificate?

From your circumstances, (i.e. family business, salary paid by cash etc) the best way to satisfy the ECO is to summit a TCC showing that you have actually been paying tax on the your salary to the appropriate tax authorities. Otherwise, the ECO may assume that the cash payments being paid into your bank account is upkeep money by your parents, and I think that is what they have done in this case.

Thanks, I didn't submit a TCC cos tax is paid together by the employer and my payslips show the tax deductions from my salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaykay05:

Thanks, I didn't submit a TCC cos tax is paid together by the employer and my payslips show the tax deductions from my salary.

You don't need to submit that because its taken out of your salary automatically, business owners shows TC and not employees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaykay05:

For clearification, the reason I was refused the last time was because my salary payments are made in cash payments. I reapplied and explained why it is so in a cover letter. There is however no document that I know of which I can submit to that effect other than the letter from my employer. If anyone here knows pls I'll be glad to hear it. Secondly, this Eco expects me to have documents for properties because I've been employed for 3years? Seriously? Isn't that a little unfair? I'm not saying that it isn't possible but it shouldn't be basis for refusal considering how I've shown good enough ties to Nigeria by showing I manage a family business for my aged parents, even had my parent give me the Cert of registration and Govt approval of the business to back up my application. Plus I had copies of my parents international passport to show their age as stated. I just feel the ECO wasn't fair in his decision.

Give it a break and build your financial stand and tie to Nigeria, re-organize the salary payment system so as to have documented evidence rather than the cash-in-hand system with no paper evidence. With the current situation you wouldn't have done anything difference.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akhilJ: 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
muami can you please help me on my query
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
akhilJ: Guys Need your help here.

I applied for the UK Work Permit Tier 2 ICT visa from India. In the online visa application form at visa4uk.fco.gov.uk I have wrongly entered my Given Name as Akhiil (an extra 'i') instead of Akhil. So now there is a mismatch in the name in the online application form and the passport I hold. Will this be a reason for rejection of my visa by the UK embassy in their verification process? I have already submitted all the documents and the application to VFS center at Chennai. It is a typo. Will they consider that as a typo and process it, or will they reject it?

Its clearly a mistake and should not be taken as an offence since all your documents have the correct spelling.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akhilJ: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
@justwise thanks buddy. Hope everything is fine and they check the name on my passport instead of the incorrect name on the application form while doing the visa stamping.

I do not want to land up in a situation where the Passport shows one name and the stamped visa shows a different one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kaykay05: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:

Give it a break and build your financial stand and tie to Nigeria, re-organize the salary payment system so as to have documented evidence rather than the cash-in-hand system with no paper evidence. With the current situation you wouldn't have done anything difference.

Thanks Justwise, I already made up my mind not to even go to U.K. Anymore for now. I just wanted to share with everyone and be sure I didn't get it wrong anywhere. Anyway, I feel I should mail the ECM and voice my concerns. It wouldn't cost me anything.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaykay05:
Thanks Justwise, I already made up my mind not to even go to U.K. Anymore for now. I just wanted to share with everyone and be sure I didn't get it wrong anywhere. Anyway, I feel I should mail the ECM and voice my concerns. It wouldn't cost me anything.

Nothing wrong with that and i understand how you feel about the whole thing

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by muami(m): 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
Employees can obtain TCC whether or not it has been deducted automatically from source. All you need do is to obtain the evidence of remittance of your tax from the employer and take it to the tax office. In some big firms, payroll can process it for you if you make a request. Tax clearance becomes more important when your income is not straightforward as it becomes the best way then to prove your actual income. I know so because I have been in similar situation in the past and was able to overcome it with a TCC.

Having said that, I join Justwise to advice that you leave it for a while before any new application.

kaykay05:
justwise:
You don't need to submit that because its taken out of your salary automatically, business owners shows TC and not employees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 5:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Abeg, people that did use V.I Teleperformance, any show yet? Over a month oooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashacoleman: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
akinke: Abeg, people that did use V.I Teleperformance, any show yet? Over a month oooooo

When did you apply? Becos if u applied on the 3rd, I suggest u write to sheffield, cos the misplaced everyone's documents and passports that applied on the 3rd of July.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
sashacoleman:

When did you apply? Becos if u applied on the 3rd, I suggest u write to sheffield, cos the misplaced everyone's documents and passports that applied on the 3rd of July.

11th july, my bank has confirmed that they askd for confirmation last wk, so it means they are working on it, but e don dey tey ni
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tounshow: 2:33am On Aug 17, 2014
sashacoleman:
Blood of God....Although i applied 4th of july...sheffield sent a mail though, They had better not loose those documents...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 4:36am On Aug 17, 2014
Pls NL.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 7:00am On Aug 17, 2014
walata75: Pls NL. A close friend applied for 6 month visiting Visa using a forged bank statement. His application was refused under paragraph 320(7A). Does that means he has to wait 10 years or can he reapply after like 2 years?

I'm not a guru here but paragraph 320(7A) = deception in visa application ....looks like 10 years to me.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2014
walata75: Pls NL. A close friend applied for 6 month visiting Visa using a forged bank statement. His application was refused under paragraph 320(7A). Does that means he has to wait 10 years or can he reapply after like 2 years?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise:
Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
walata75:
Oh my God. That means that he has to wait till 2024.
However, just wise he has a valid US visa on the passport, hope this UK refusal will not affect him @ the point of entry in US sha.

And is there no way this UK ban sentence can be reduce or waived? Since he is a first offender?

That wouldn't stop him from traveling to US but i haven't seen 10yrs banned reduced or waived.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2014

Your friend (or you) should seek clarification by asking direct questions to U.K.B.A.
Am I banned from entering the U.K.?
How long is the ban in place for?

Then you will know instead of just guessing. This can not make your situation any worse but will give facts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=justwise]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
worry359:

Your friend (or you) should seek clarification by asking direct questions to U.K.B.A.
Am I banned from entering the U.K.?
How long is the ban in place for?

Then you will know instead of just guessing. This can not make your situation any worse but will give facts.

Thanks. We shall do that. I guess asking them thru mail will give us the response desired UK B.A sha?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
walata75:

Thanks for your prompt response Justwise.
This 10 years ban Sir, hope it does not affect the immediate relatives of the offender(like his wife, children or any other person he might have mention in the UK application form?

Did he apply as a family and added their documents as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise:

Did he apply as a family and added their documents as well?

Not as a family. But he added some document to support his family attachments in nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
walata75:

Not as a family. But he added some document to support his family attachments in nigeria

If those documents are genuine then his ban will not affect his family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by walata75(f): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
justwise:

If those documents are genuine then his ban will not affect his family.

Ok. If he wants to confirm the 10 yrs ban, how does he goes about it from the UK B.A?

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.