Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982416 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Castalia:

Thanks Vic justice and 3sha4lyf
@3 shall - if it is possible, how is it done? (It's a 6 months visa application)

Send a mail to abuja.refunds@fco.gov.uk
I had an issue, they refunded mine. Put your account details in the mail too.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Anyi3:

TX for the clarification. @ poster, I guess you should [ask ur sister to] do that right away as delay can make the 100days period elapse, as stated in the t&C
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2014
Hello house, I wanna apply for a UK visit visa. I have about 2 million naira in ma account, a business man and have travelled to only Hongkong 3 times. I have also documents of landed properties and company registration certificate with a fixed deposit. Please I want the house to guide me let me process it on my own. I just need steps......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nkediche(f): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hello House,

I have a bit of an issue. I applied for a UK Visa: Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Short Term Staff on September 1st, 2014 at Teleperformance VI. I submitted all documents necessary as advised by my company's paralegal. Thing is, up until now I have not received any email or SMS that the visa has been processed, even though I was promised it will be completed in 15 days. I just want to know if anyone has had an experience like this and what was the outcome? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Anyi3:

Was you payment successful eventually? If yes, what did you do differently?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nkediche: Hello House,

I have a bit of an issue. I applied for a UK Visa: Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Short Term Staff on September 1st, 2014 at Teleperformance VI. I submitted all documents necessary as advised by my company's paralegal. Thing is, up until now I have not received any email or SMS that the visa has been processed, even though I was promised it will be completed in 15 days. I just want to know if anyone has had an experience like this and what was the outcome? Thanks.

Its a common issue and you need to email or call British embassy to ask about the status of your application, get their contact details from their website.

Your application could be ready waiting for pick up even as your online status hasn't changed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
ironbender101: Hello house, I wanna apply for a UK visit visa. I have about 2 million naira in ma account, a business man and have travelled to only Hongkong 3 times. I have also documents of landed properties and company registration certificate with a fixed deposit. Please I want the house to guide me let me process it on my own. I just need steps......

Steps and everything you need is in this thread, take your time and read it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
IyawoToBe: Was you payment successful eventually? If yes, what did you do differently?

Don't know. I guess I just had a legit claim. Told them the truth. I missed my appointment, had to book another one. I hereby request a refund to be paid into the ffg account number

Got my cash in about 10/13working days. Can't remember exactly but twas surely less than fifteen working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dredem(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello house,I have read this tread am am happy with the information which has empowered a lot of applicants.
I am a Nigerian male, married and working in a State government institution. I intend to apply this month for a Uk family visitor to visit my step brother for 2 weeks in Feb 2015 with my wife. My brother is a Uk citizen and also works there and he intends to send me an invitation letter.
Please I need help on some issues concerning the application:
Being step brothers with different surnames how best is he to prove that we are related?At the time of making the application I will have about 3200GBP in my current account made up of my salary which is about 1000GBP monthly.This is for flight and sm shopping as my step brother will feed and accomodate us during the visit. I will accumulate further earnings before my expected date of travel.Am I in order?How best do I explain this to theECO?
Finally,the documents my bro is to send to me...bank statement,utility bills,copy of passport. Are scanned copies acceptable ?
I would really appreciate the help.
I
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
dredem: Hello house,I have read this tread am am happy with the information which has empowered a lot of applicants.
I am a Nigerian male, married and working in a State government institution. I intend to apply this month for a Uk family visitor to visit my step brother for 2 weeks in Feb 2015 with my wife. My brother is a Uk citizen and also works there and he intends to send me an invitation letter.
Please I need help on some issues concerning the application:
Being step brothers with different surnames how best is he to prove that we are related?At the time of making the application I will have about 3200GBP in my current account made up of my salary which is about 1000GBP monthly.This is for flight and sm shopping as my step brother will feed and accomodate us during the visit. I will accumulate further earnings before my expected date of travel.Am I in order?How best do I explain this to theECO?
Finally,the documents my bro is to send to me...bank statement,utility bills,copy of passport. Are scanned copies acceptable ?
I would really appreciate the help.
I
He doesn't have to be a relative or to bear your surname, anyone with legal status can invite you, it is just up to you to meet the requirements: you might need to explain why he is inviting you and what you intend to do whilst in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bfn1: 9:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
Vicjustice:
How did your brother hear about this organisation?
When, where and how did he sit the exams?
Why would they give your brother such a generous offer with an option to bring another adult who is neither his spouse nor his dependant?
How much is the organizers requiring you to pay as a fee of any sort?
Pease, do not withhold anything, it will be wise if you say the name of this organisation so we may look it up for you, there are many wolves in sheep clothings.

Thank you so much.
Pardon me. I'd thought the information (background) I gave was comprehensive enough for anyone to advise me with.

The offer is 100% legit & there's absolutely no fee involved.

The company is a football club. A Public Liability Company. My brother had participated in a season-long competition for their fans (directly on their official website) & he eventually emerged top globally.

Prize: A pass for two to watch the team train OR a ticket for two to watch the team play (amongst other treats). We settled for the latter.

I'll really appreciate it if you can advise me accordingly.

None of us has any travel history, hence, the apprehension about our visa application being rejected on ground of insufficient financial support.

Like I'd earlier posted, we have all other documents handy (including the invitation letter, hotel & flight bookings sent by that FC).

Thank you so much.

NB: I tried sending you a PM to give references to confirm the legitimacy of the programme, not sure I connected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
bfn1:

Thank you so much.
Pardon me. I'd thought the information (background) I gave was comprehensive enough for anyone to advise me with.

The company is a football club. A Public Liability Company. My brother had participated in a season-long competition for their fans (directly on their official website) & he eventually emerged top globally.

Prize: A pass for two to watch the team train OR a ticket for two to watch the team play (amongst other treats). We settled for the latter.

None of us has any travel history, hence, the apprehension about our visa application being rejected on ground of insufficient financial support.

Like I'd earlier posted, we have all other documents handy (including the invitation letter, hotel & flight bookings sent by that FC).

Thank you so much.

NB: I tried sending you a PM to inform you more about it, not sure I connected.

That sound a bit ify, what football club is that? Hope you font mind that question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
bfn1:
Thank you so much.
Thank you so much.
NB: I tried sending you a PM to give references to confirm the legitimacy of the programme, not sure I connected.
Well, there is no need to go into details because, (even if the organisation is legitimate), the invitation offer is just a complementary treat, it is by no way sufficient to award you a visa, you have to meet the full requirements for Tourist visa.
These sort of offers are only good for people who do not need a visa to enter the UK, or those who already hold visas, or others who can easily satisfy the requirements for tourist visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 3:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
Well, there is no need to go into details because, (even if the organisation is legitimate), the invitation offer is just a complementary treat, it is by no way sufficient to award you a visa, you have to meet the full requirements for Tourist visa.
These sort of offers are only good for people who do not need a visa to enter the UK, or those who already hold visas, or others who can easily satisfy the requirements for tourist visa

Bro 1st I want to thank you for the support so far. I want to apply for a Tourist visit visa and I'm sponsoring myself. I have all the documents as a business owner but what I don't have is Tax Clearance Certificate. I have Visited just one country(Hong Kong) 3 times this year for business. My bank account has about 2mill naira in ma personal account, I have about 3 landed properties and also tenancy agreement of my property that gives me money annually. I wanna tell them in my covering letter that I wanna go watch ma club's match for 14days in London. Should I go ahead and apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101:

Bro 1st I want to thank you for the support so far. I want to apply for a Tourist visit visa and I'm sponsoring myself. I have all the documents as a business owner but what I don't have is Tax Clearance Certificate. I have Visited just one country(Hong Kong) 3 times this year for business. My bank account has about 2mill naira in ma personal account, I have about 3 landed properties and also tenancy agreement of my property that gives me money annually. I wanna tell them in my covering letter that I wanna go watch ma club's match for 14days in London. Should I go ahead and apply?
NO, your application would be refused if you are using a business that does not comply with tax regulations as a source of income for the simple reason that your business can not be evaluated and therefore, it is deemed illegal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
NO, your application would be refused if you are using a business that does not comply with tax regulations as a source of income for the simple reason that your business can not be evaluated and therefore, it is deemed illegal.

Wow so what else can I do? This is just the reason I don't want to apply yet. Please any other alternative
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
Also my company has not started trading yet. Can I still get the TCC for a new coy? I registered in 2012 this is really giving me concern.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101: Also my company has not started trading yet. Can I still get the TCC for a new coy? I registered in 2012 this is really giving me concern.

How can you get tax clearance if your company has not started trading?
Also how will you show a healthy bank account with money going in and out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2014
worry359:

How can you get tax clearance if your company has not started trading?
Also how will you show a healthy bank account with money going in and out?

I'm using my personal account not my company account. I just registered the company in 2012 and got my TIN in 2013. I just wanna use it as a proof that I have a registered company...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101:
Wow so what else can I do? This is just the reason I don't want to apply yet. Please any other alternative
Do what is right for the legalization and the taxation of the company.
ironbender101: Also my company has not started trading yet. Can I still get the TCC for a new coy? I registered in 2012 this is really giving me concern.
You registered the company in 2012? Therefore, it should have 2 years of taxation record.
Without this compliance, I don't see how you can get a visa with it.
My recommendation is, go and pay your arrear taxes, and apply next year after you have paid the 2015 tax in time. If you go and pay the 2 years arrears and then applied for a visa, the Visa Officer would observe the date that the taxes were paid and understand that your company does not normally pay its taxes, and that you only made the payment for the purpose of the visa application, and that would mean REFUSAL.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
Do what is right for the legalization and the taxation of the company.
You registered the company in 2012? Therefore, it should have 2 years of taxation record.
Without this compliance, I don't see how you can get a visa with it.
My recommendation is, go and pay your arrear taxes, and apply next year after you have paid the 2015 tax in time. If you go and pay the 2 years arrears and then applied for a visa, the Visa Officer would observe the date that the taxes were paid and understand that your company does not normally pay its taxes, and that you only made the payment for the purpose of the visa application, and that would mean REFUSAL.

Wow Bro thanks so much. I really need to visit UK this December... Can I pay and it will be back dated? Or can I pay and apply by December?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Jaydenehis: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hello all,
Please I need your urgent response.my younger brother applied 4 student visa thru Vfs and now that Vfs stopped working on uk visa applications,we are stuck as to where we can pick up the passport from because he received a mail saying the visa has been issued yet they claim the parcel ain't with them.teleperformance too insist they don't have it.seriously confused please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101:
Wow Bro thanks so much. I really need to visit UK this December... Can I pay and it will be back dated? Or can I pay and apply by December?
Sure you can do that, but then, you should be talking about visiting the UK in December 2024

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princesszizi: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi Nlanders, I am new on this forum and I appreciate the way people's questions are being answered here. I hope mine will get a similar treatment. My fiancé is running a Masters degree program in the UK and between July and August this year, I applied twice for a tourist visa to spend my summer vacation in the UK but I was refused on both occasions on the ground that I did not supply sufficient evidence of fund. Now, my fiancé wants to send me an invitation to attend his graduation ceremony in November but my problem now is that I never mentioned my fiancé in my two previous applications (though I mentioned his sister who is a permanent resident in the UK). Pls, what do I do to convince the ECO that I am genuine, having failed to mention my fiancé in my previous applications?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
@Vicjustice,can someone applying for tourist visa get a visa without personal tax clearance because the tax was never deducted from the person salary and the person doesn't have 1.Please advise sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dredem(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
@vi
Vicjustice:
He doesn't have to be a relative or to bear your surname, anyone with legal status can invite you, it is just up to you to meet the requirements: you might need to explain why he is inviting you and what you intend to do whilst in the UK.
[quote author=Vicjustice
@ Vicjustice many thanks for that clarification. About my finances...with approx 800000 NGN in my salary account and a written commitment frm my bro in the UK to house feed us as well as his bank statement, do you think I the ECO will be satisfied with that sum?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
Sure you can do that, but then, you should be talking about visiting the UK in December 2024
Lol Bro I don't understand this statement lol. I really wanna visit the UK once I'm back to Naija. I'm currently in HK and I met a girl I really love. I wanna go visit her this December. House is there any other alternative I ask again what is I succeed in paying for the tax and beg them to back date it will it be an offence? Pls I know I'm asking too many unnecessary questions....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
dredem: @vi[quote author=Vicjustice
@ Vicjustice many thanks for that clarification. About my finances...with approx 800000 NGN in my salary account and a written commitment frm my bro in the UK to house feed us as well as his bank statement, do you think I the ECO will be satisfied with that sum?

Also you will be asked for ties that prove that you will return home.
you should get a letter approving your leave from work and stating that you will return to the job.
Also land and property can help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101: Lol Bro I don't understand this statement lol. I really wanna visit the UK once I'm back to Naija. I'm currently in HK and I met a girl I really love. I wanna go visit her this December. House is there any other alternative I ask again what is I succeed in paying for the tax and beg them to back date it will it be an offence? Pls I know I'm asking too many unnecessary questions....

you can always met up in an 'easier' country...both of you can meet up in Dubai, Egypt, Turkey or Cyprus wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
tobey2ng: @Vicjustice,can someone applying for tourist visa get a visa without personal tax clearance because the tax was never deducted from the person salary and the person doesn't have 1.Please advise sir

your official payslip will be sufficient to cover your employment status...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
DisGuy:

your official payslip will be sufficient to cover your employment status...
Aite,that's intact.tnx bruh

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.