Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981948 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 8:03am On Oct 10, 2014
justwise:

You need to submit both passports and a detailed explanation why you changed your name.

I only have one passport which still has the old name, i have not got a new passport yet. And my Salry account statement shows my new name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2014
thezionite:

I only have one passport which still has the old name, i have not got a new passport yet. And my Salry account statement shows my new name

Ok....let me get this right....you changed your name but still kept your old passport with the old name but used your name in your bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2014
dannywest:
Hi, I've gone through the thread but I'm not clear on some things,

1. I did my MSc last year in the UK but my Visa Expired in May this Year, I returned february Long before it expired
2. I am a business person, I have an enterprise and 2 ltd where I'm a director registered with separate accounts
3. I dont pay myself a salary I just transfer to my personal account when I need money
4. I have extended family in the London though I would prefer staying in a hotel
5. I have an expired Schenghen Visa from Last year.
6. I have half plot land I bought in Lagos and the documents would this and 5 above improve my chances?

I would like to go shopping and visiting/sightseeing this December - 2 or 3 weeks, I would like to know

1. Do I use a sponsor bank account (I have an aunt who I can use with a good account statement) or do I use my company account statement (very irregular)? Which is preferable? Do I send both?
2. Is showing my Hotel Booking or Getting an invitation letter from family in London preferable?
3. Would submitting my CAC documents improve my chance of approval?

Thanks in Advance.

You need to be able to sponsor yourself as an adult, you have to submit your business and personal account, you also need to submit tax certificate and your business registration papers.
You can book hote or use IV, it does not really matter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 8:16am On Oct 10, 2014
justwise:

Ok....let me get this right....you changed your name but still kept your old passport with the old name but used your name in your bank statement?

Yes i still have my old passport and it has not expired yet but still has my old name and so does all my documents except my Salary statement which has my new name.
My personal bank statement has my old name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2014
thezionite:

Yes i still have my old passport and it has not expired yet but still has my old name and so does all my documents except my Salary statement which has my new name.
My personal bank statement has my old name.

Ok but avoid submitting your salary account which has the new name because you are going to be refused and probably banned.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2014
justwise:

You need to be able to sponsor yourself as an adult, you have to submit your business and personal account, you also need to submit tax certificate and your business registration papers.
You can book hote or use IV, it does not really matter

@Justwise, I think it's better to submit only personal account because u can't really use company funds to travel because if it's a Ltd he's not the only share holder thereby making him not the only owner the company. I'm not sure I'm just tho I just wanna be cleared too. If he wants to use company account, the board of directors need to have a MOU to state that they are aware of he's travel and also state the amount he would us. Not sure oooooooo, I stand to be corrected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:59am On Oct 10, 2014
ironbender101:

@Justwise, I think it's better to submit only personal account because u can't really use company funds to travel because if it's a Ltd he's not the only share holder thereby making him not the only owner the company. I'm not sure I'm just tho I just wanna be cleared too. If he wants to use company account, the board of directors need to have a MOU to state that they are aware of he's travel and also state the amount he would us. Not sure oooooooo, I stand to be corrected.

Company's bank statement acts as tie to your home country, the money in it is not for the trip, your trip budget comes from the personal account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mickyboiz: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2014
gd morni house, does anyone kn abt uk scholarship , i want to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2014
justwise:

Company's bank statement acts as tie to your home country, the money in it is not for the trip, your trip budget comes from the personal account.

Oh thanks a lot! What if someone has buildings and lands can the coy bank account be optional? Because in my own case my company bank account is not really flowing ie I don't use it often just has a little amount in it for sometime.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2014
ironbender101:

Oh thanks a lot! What if someone has buildings and lands can the coy bank account be optional? Because in my own case my company bank account is not really flowing ie I don't use it often just has a little amount in it for sometime.

No because that is your strongest tie to Nigeria and source of your income, building and lands are not source of your income unless you are into property development or renting them out and getting money from them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrisbam(m): 2:56am On Oct 11, 2014
Good morning @vicjustive, @justice, @3sha4lyf and all please i need ur urgent advice. I plan to travel with mom on the 29th of October 2014, and we both have an appointment for 14th October. The mistake on the submitted application was that mine was 9th October for planned travel date instead of 29th which is intact on mom's form. Please i sure can't change this again, can i point this out on the point of submission or maybe a sticky note pointing this out will help? Thanks for your response house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dannywest: 7:37am On Oct 11, 2014
justwise:

Thank you so much @justwise @ironbender101

I'm going ahead with the process now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Chrisbam:
Good morning @vicjustive, @justice, @3sha4lyf and all please i need ur urgent advice. I plan to travel with mom on the 29th of October 2014, and we both have an appointment for 14th October. The mistake on the submitted application was that mine was 9th October for planned travel date instead of 29th which is intact on mom's form. Please i sure can't change this again, can i point this out on the point of submission or maybe a sticky note pointing this out will help? Thanks for your response house
Add a note explaining the error, remember to enter your application Ref. Number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Good morning uncles grin
Please I got a small situation, I initially applied for a tier 4 visa and my visa got bounced for slight technicalities with my finances. Now I have rectified the stuff but I want to go to another UK school.
My question is do I have to do another TB test as the TB certificate I have has the previous school as address?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2014
Anyi3:
Good morning uncles grin
Please I got a small situation, I initially applied for a tier 4 visa and my visa got bounced for slight technicalities with my finances. Now I have rectified the stuff but I want to go to another UK school.
My question is do I have to do another TB test as the TB certificate I have has the previous school as address?

Thanks

How long was that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2014
justwise:

How long was that?

August, The certificate has Feb 2015 as expiry date and I intend applying this November. So it's just the address I hope won't be an issue or do I need to write a letter?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Anyi3:

August, The certificate has Feb 2015 as expiry date and I intend applying this November. So it's just the address I hope won't be an issue or do I need to write a letter?

Thanks.

You don't need to take another test. Having the school address does not matter. Just get another CAS and reapply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teebag09: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello friends I need help in applying for school in uk...please help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
justwise:

You don't need to take another test. Having the school address does not matter. Just get another CAS and reapply.
I appreciate. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Anyi3(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Listen carefully,
Get an internet data plan, connect to the internet, open your browser, type google.com in the address bar, copy your words and paste on google, then next step is to click on search.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seangy4konji: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Is that t you won't reply me?u knows some somewhere?
Vicjustice:

May be you need to know that I have been in this forum for over 7 years, and that i am a volunteer: not employed by anyone, nor am i under any supervision on how to do my voluntary assistance as long as i do not break the forum rules. I am not compelled to respond to every post therefore, i do not appreciate any busy-body instructing me on the compulsion of replying to every posts that is referred to me.
Please, do not take the place of my wife, and as you claimed to have a husband, then i suggest that you deal with him and let my own wife deal with me.
Excuse me, you really do expect me to reply to every of the numerous posts that mentioned Vicjustice, so as to please you, yes?

Funny enough, when i respond to undesired comments that are directed at me, i get criticized, and if i ignored such, i also get criticized: what do you people want of me?
Below is a quote that is the opposite of what you wrote, and still, it was a criticism note on me:

Yet, she goes about clicking the LIKE button of every post that attacks me.
You people should just mind your own businesses and LEAVE ME ALONE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Toni4: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hi,
I am a British citizen marriage to a Nigerian, we applied for a settlement visa for her to join me in the UK. the application was previously refused, but the refusal was overturned on the 7th of August 2014 and she was asked to send her passport to Sheffield.I got a response from Sheffield stating that her visa has been issued and her passport dispatched to VAC in Nigeria where she made the initial application since the 8/9/2014. however, she is been to VAC in Abuja severally but was told they don't have her passport. I have written several emails to Sheffield asking for specific details on which VAC the passport was sent to. Please, is there an alternative or direct means to contact Sheffield in other to get a prompt response. it is really getting frustrating, its been over 16 months now, since we first made the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
Toni4:
Hi,
I am a British citizen marriage to a Nigerian, we applied for a settlement visa for her to join me in the UK. the application was previously refused, but the refusal was overturned on the 7th of August 2014 and she was asked to send her passport to Sheffield.I got a response from Sheffield stating that her visa has been issued and her passport dispatched to VAC in Nigeria where she made the initial application since the 8/9/2014. however, she is been to VAC in Abuja severally but was told they don't have her passport. I have written several emails to Sheffield asking for specific details on which VAC the passport was sent to. Please, is there an alternative or direct means to contact Sheffield in other to get a prompt response. it is really getting frustrating, its been over 16 months now, since we first made the application.

Have her contacted British embassy in Lagos? Or VAC in Lagos?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pstfrancis(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
hello house,
pls i got a sponsor to UK with my family under tier 2 Religion and my wife passport has expired, we were thinking of just renewing the old bearing her maiden name instead of changing it to the new name she is bearing, pls i want to know if their is any danger in still retaining her maiden name even though we are married with a child. will it affect us in UK or it doesnt matter. the reason we still want to just renew her maiden name is because of the stress involve in doing change of name.

thanks for ur response honourable house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2014
pstfrancis:
hello house,
pls i got a sponsor to UK with my family under tier 2 Religion and my wife passport has expired, we were thinking of just renewing the old bearing her maiden name instead of changing it to the new name she is bearing, pls i want to know if their is any danger in still retaining her maiden name even though we are married with a child. will it affect us in UK or it doesnt matter. the reason we still want to just renew her maiden name is because of the stress involve in doing change of name.
There would be no danger if she has not officially adopted your surname and has not signed the document to that effect, but if she has signed the (surname change) document, then, a future passport bearing her maiden name is invalid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pstfrancis(m): 4:35am On Oct 14, 2014
Vicjustice:

There would be no danger if she has not officially adopted your surname and has not signed the document to that effect, but if she has signed the (surname change) document, then, the passport bearing her maiden name is invalid.

Thanks vicjustice for ur promt response, we have marriage certificate from the church and had already published it in the newspaper since 2012 for the change of name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abbyjo: 4:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Goodmrn,please av filled out an application form for my mum buut can't book an appointment as I keep getting this error message. 'Appointment page is temporarily unavailable please try again' for over 24hrs now.
Please is any1 experiencing same?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnychic: 5:03am On Oct 14, 2014
Hello, pstfrancis,

I got married in 2012 and have done a change of name in the newspaper and all of that bit. But cos I refused to go to abuja in Nigeria to change the name, I renewed my passport in my maiden name. Rmbr in the newspaper change of name notice, it states that all documents remain valid. All ur wife need do is to include her marriage certificate and the newspaper clipping in her applications or whatever. That covers it. I've never had a problem with this for over 2 and a half yrs.

Hope this helps.

pstfrancis:
hello house,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pstfrancis(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2014
sunnychic:

Hello, pstfrancis,

I got married in 2012 and have done a change of name in the newspaper and all of that bit. But cos I refused to go to abuja in Nigeria to change the name, I renewed my passport in my maiden name. Rmbr in the newspaper change of name notice, it states that all documents remain valid. All ur wife need do is to include her marriage certificate and the newspaper clipping in her applications or whatever. That covers it. I've never had a problem with this for over 2 and a half yrs.

Hope this helps.

@sunnychic, thanks for ur response am really grateful for that, i was worried becos my guy over there keep insisting that i must do the change of name and going to abuja is not going to be easy at all wit all the stress.
Baba justwise i stiil dey wait for ur response ooooo, just want to sample opinion on this issue before i go ahead.
thanks all

@
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2014
sunnychic:

Hello, pstfrancis,
Hope this helps.
Yes, all existing documents remain valid, but I don't think that include the future documents or the documents that are renewed after the change of name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jeliok4us: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2014
please house, i will like to know what to take with me to the appointment center. please i applied as a visitor to the uk using my company as my sponsor. please note that im the sole owner of my company (enterprises) and i have already gotten an IV from my sister who is a british. please i will need this asap cos my appointment is for next tuesday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.