Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983039 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
princesszizi: Hi Nlanders, I am new on this forum and I appreciate the way people's questions are being answered here. I hope mine will get a similar treatment. My fiancé is running a Masters degree program in the UK and between July and August this year, I applied twice for a tourist visa to spend my summer vacation in the UK but I was refused on both occasions on the ground that I did not supply sufficient evidence of fund. Now, my fiancé wants to send me an invitation to attend his graduation ceremony in November but my problem now is that I never mentioned my fiancé in my two previous applications (though I mentioned his sister who is a permanent resident in the UK). Pls, what do I do to convince the ECO that I am genuine, having failed to mention my fiancé in my previous applications?
A person who is in such a serious relationship as a Fiancé to you is definitely someone to have been mentioned in your previous applications, and for the fact that you had concealed such a serious information, you could be in some sort of trouble if they found out (that you had given deceptive answers to the questions regarding your relatives in the UK). That could get you banned for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
tobey2ng: @Vicjustice,can someone applying for tourist visa get a visa without personal tax clearance because the tax was never deducted from the person salary and the person doesn't have 1.Please advise sir
There are different kind of employments, and various ways that tax regulations are complied with by employers even though the employee's salary payslips do not display the evidence of tax deductions. Therefore, i would say YES to your question; a person can get a visa without personal tax clearance if the person is not self-employed, is in a full time/permanent employment, and the company is legitimately recognized and is in compliance with tax regulation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
dredem: @vi[quote author=Vicjustice
@ Vicjustice many thanks for that clarification. About my finances...with approx 800000 NGN in my salary account and a written commitment frm my bro in the UK to house feed us as well as his bank statement, do you think I the ECO will be satisfied with that sum?
It depends on what you work as and how much you earn: I mean, for example, a person who works as an Engineer is a reputable company and earns N200k monthly, but has N500k in his bank account has better chance than a person who works as a Secretary in a Lawyer's office and earns N50k but has a saving of N1m
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
ironbender101: Lol Bro I don't understand this statement lol. I really wanna visit the UK once I'm back to Naija. I'm currently in HK and I met a girl I really love. I wanna go visit her this December. House is there any other alternative I ask again what is I succeed in paying for the tax and beg them to back date it will it be an offence? Pls I know I'm asking too many unnecessary questions....
Now i see that i have been wasting my answers to these same questions that you are asking all over again

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by influential01: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Pls I need urgent advice because I want to apply for UK visiting visa.
1* can I use the company I work as spoch nsorer of my trip.
2* is it compulsory I shld ve travel experience b4 for UK visiting visa.
3* shld I include my personal statement of account because I earn 45k monthly as salary.
4* am married wth a baby girl.
5* I ve a landed property wch I buy from the company cooperative socity .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by orimahspence: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
I foremostly appreciate everyone contributing and assisting on this informative thread,may God Almighty bless you all for the good job.
A friend if mine recently traveled to UK on 2yrs work visa, I made enquiry of how it's done and he connected me to his agent, who also reside in UK, the agent asked me to send my passport, and assure me the visa will be out in 5weeks, and I should not pay him until I reach Uk.
Now my question is ''is it possible for one to be issued work visa without visiting embassy?
Just wise and others ,pls enlight me more on this and scoop me any other concerning info, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 12:10am On Oct 03, 2014
Vicjustice:
There are different kind of employments, and various ways that tax regulations are complied with by employers even though the employee's salary payslips do not display the evidence of tax deductions. Therefore, i would say YES to your question; a person can get a visa without personal tax clearance if the person is not self-employed, is in a full time/permanent employment, and the company is legitimately recognized and is in compliance with tax regulation.
Thankz
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princesszizi: 12:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Vicjustice: A person who is in such a serious relationship as a Fiancé to you is definitely someone to have been mentioned in your previous applications, and for the fact that you had concealed such a serious information, you could be in some sort of trouble if they found out (that you had given deceptive answers to the questions regarding your relatives in the UK). That could get you banned for 10 years.

@Vicjustice, thanks for the prompt reply. I was actually misled into hiding that fact by someone whom I was introduced to and who claimed to be an expert in visa applications and related issues. I related my circumstances to her but she advised against my mentioning my fiancé in the applications, her reasons being that the mention of a fiancé may give the ECO the impression that I do not intend to leave the UK; that I am actually going there to settle permanently. My fiancé was supposed to send me an invitation then but she advised against it. That was how I got myself into this mess now. Pls, what do you advise me to do now? Do I forget about applying for now? I really wish I can be by my fiancé when he graduates in November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by johnkent(m): 1:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Don't waste your money. Your application will be refused again as your living situation hasn't changed in 2 months. Save your money.
princesszizi:

@Vicjustice, thanks for the prompt reply. I was actually misled into hiding that fact by someone whom I was introduced to and who claimed to be an expert in visa applications and related issues. I related my circumstances to her but she advised against my mentioning my fiancé in the applications, her reasons being that the mention of a fiancé may give the ECO the impression that I do not intend to leave the UK; that I am actually going there to settle permanently. My fiancé was supposed to send me an invitation then but she advised against it. That was how I got myself into this mess now. Pls, what do you advise me to do now? Do I forget about applying for now? I really wish I can be by my fiancé when he graduates in November.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2014
princesszizi:

I agree with Johnkent, it is always unsafe to apply for a visa within a short time after being refused in earlier application for reason of insufficient fund: a financial situation can not genuinely change (for better) within such a short time unless you hit a jackpot.
And if you are to make future application, you must avoid mentioning your fiancé except you want to forward-date your relationship

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princesszizi: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Vicjustice:
I agree with Johnkent, it is always unsafe to apply for a visa within a short time after being refused in earlier application for reason of insufficient fund: a financial situation can not genuinely change (for better) within such a short time unless you hit a jackpot.
And if you are to make future application, you must avoid mentioning your fiancé except you want to forward-date your relationship

Actually, my previous applications were not refused on ground of INSUFFICIENT FUND but INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE OF FUND. In the first one they said that the checks and balances in my savings account is not commensurate with my declared monthly income. Then I applied the second time explaining the discrepancies in my statement of account and again, they refused me saying I did not link the money in my account to my employer. Meanwhile, most of the deposits in my account was made by my firm's secretaries and even by my boss himself. In any case, I'll just take ur candid advice and go cry myself to sleep. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 10:35am On Oct 03, 2014
Gurus,
I intend to travel to UK in November. I already have the visa, BUT my passport expires Feb next year. I m spending just 2 weeks and will be back same November.
Am I likely to have any issues travelling (since the passport is less than 6months to expiry?).?
Please advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:37am On Oct 03, 2014
Castalia: Gurus,
I intend to travel to UK in November. I already have the visa, BUT my passport expires Feb next year. I m spending just 2 weeks and will be back same November.
Am I likely to have any issues travelling (since the passport is less than 6months to expiry?).?
Please advice
No, you are fine, even a valid visa in an expired passport is tender-able, the 6 months requirement is only when you are applying for the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pareeHot: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2014
Pls I just want to know all the document to use for my friend to visit her boyfriend in december for Xmas and to also shop for dia wedding coming up in april?  He's a phd student on scholarship. Dis my friend is fully divorce now although she has applied for visa wen she was married. She's working in a private firm not paying much and does not have pay slip. Can she use her boyfriend bank statement with her own? And can she present just 2 month bank statement if she's going to include his own bank statement.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2014
pareeHot: Pls I just want to know all the document to use for my friend to visit her boyfriend in december for Xmas and to also shop for dia wedding coming up in april?  He's a phd student on scholarship. Dis my friend is fully divorce now although she has applied for visa wen she was married. She's working in a private firm not paying much and does not have pay slip. Can she use her boyfriend bank statement with her own? And can she present just 2 month bank statement if she's going to include his own bank statement.
Thanks
I think your "friend" is in a better position to explain "her" own situation.
Why not tell her about Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pareeHot: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
[/color][color=#000000]
Vicjustice:
I think your "friend" is in a better position to explain "her" own situation.
Why not tell her about Nairaland?
. Ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Castalia: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2014
Thank Vicjustice.
Castalia: Gurus,
Please advice

Vicjustice:
No, you are fine, even a valid visa in an expired passport is tender-able, the 6 months requirement is only when you are applying for the visa
[quote author=Vicjustice]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jemima99(f): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2014
Hello house am new here but not new to nairaland. My friend asked me to tell d UK gurus in d house about my situation. I want to travel to uk in december for Xmas and shopping 4 my wedding in april. My fiance who is a phd student plan to invite me for d visit. But I don't know what document is required I read some comment here and I learnt dat I have to present letter from my employer, bank slip and bank statement. But I work with a private firm and my salary is not dat huge. Can I use my fiance's bank statement or he should transfer some money to my account? Thanks God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
jemima99: Hello house am new here but not new to nairaland. My friend asked me to tell d UK gurus in d house about my situation. I want to travel to uk in december for Xmas and shopping 4 my wedding in april. My fiance who is a phd student plan to invite me for d visit. But I don't know what document is required I read some comment here and I learnt dat I have to present letter from my employer, bank slip and bank statement. But I work with a private firm and my salary is not dat huge. Can I use my fiance's bank statement or he should transfer some money to my account? Thanks God bless
I don't even know where to start addressing your situation as you obviously have a lot to know and do in order for your circumstances to meet the requirements.
Please, refer to this article in this link:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
jemima99: Hello house am new here but not new to nairaland. My friend asked me to tell d UK gurus in d house about my situation. I want to travel to uk in december for Xmas and shopping 4 my wedding in april. My fiance who is a phd student plan to invite me for d visit. But I don't know what document is required I read some comment here and I learnt dat I have to present letter from my employer, bank slip and bank statement. But I work with a private firm and my salary is not dat huge. Can I use my fiance's bank statement or he should transfer some money to my account? Thanks God bless
I don't even know where to start addressing your situation as you obviously have a lot to know and do in order for your circumstances to meet the requirements.
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jemima99(f): 12:57pm On Oct 03, 2014
Vicjustice post=/post/26830065:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by orimahspence: 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Vicjustice and justwise ,pls respond to my post up there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by influential01: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
influential01: Pls I need urgent advice because I want to apply for UK visiting visa.
1* can I use the company I work as spoch nsorer of my trip.
2* is it compulsory I shld ve travel experience b4 for UK visiting visa.
3* shld I include my personal statement of account because I earn 45k monthly as salary.
4* am married wth a baby girl.
5* I ve a landed property wch I buy from the company cooperative socity .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
orimahspence: I foremostly appreciate everyone contributing and assisting on this informative thread,may God Almighty bless you all for the good job.
A friend if mine recently traveled to UK on 2yrs work visa, I made enquiry of how it's done and he connected me to his agent, who also reside in UK, the agent asked me to send my passport, and assure me the visa will be out in 5weeks, and I should not pay him until I reach Uk.
Now my question is ''is it possible for one to be issued work visa without visiting embassy?
Just wise and others ,pls enlight me more on this and scoop me any other concerning info, thank you

No it's not possible, you need to worry about your passport because it has been conterminated by the fake work visa he is going to stam on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2014

Can your fiancé afford to sponsor the trip completely and how much is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by orimahspence: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
justwise:

No it's not possible, you need to worry about your passport because it has been conterminated by the fake work visa he is going to stam on it.

Haba# are you saying my friend who is travel with this visa travelled illegally? Pls tell me more
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gloryl(f): 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Good afternoon, pls someone is sending me an invitation to london...pls what n what do I need to get and how do I go abt d process so dey dnt deny me d visa...
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
orimahspence:

Haba# are you saying my friend who is travel with this visa travelled illegally? Pls tell me more

1. To start with you don't get a visa to the UK from the UK while you are still in Nigeria. If you want to travel to the UK for whatever reason you apply to the British embassy in Nigeria.

2. It's almost impossible to get work permit to work in the UK from Nigeria if you are not British citizen, resident permit holder or through intra company transfer.

3. You can not have a visa issued in the UK without Nigerian immigration exit stamp and UKBA entry stamp in your passports.

Your friend did not tell you the whole truth about how he got the visa and visa type.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
gloryl: Good afternoon, pls someone is sending me an invitation to london...pls what n what do I need to get and how do I go abt d process so dey dnt deny me d visa...
thank you

What do you do in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by orimahspence: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
justwise:

1. To start with you don't get a visa to the UK from the UK while you are still in Nigeria. If you want to travel to the UK for whatever reason you apply to the British embassy in Nigeria.

2. It's almost impossible to get work permit to work in the UK from Nigeria if you are not British citizen, resident permit holder or through intra company transfer.

3. You can not have a visa issued in the UK without Nigerian immigration exit stamp and UKBA entry stamp in your passports.

Your friend did not tell you the whole truth about how he got the visa and visa type.

Thanks so much, I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hi All,
I know this may sound clichéd and must have been mentioned here or in other threads but then i cant help but reiterate this because of recent occurrences. Please peeps, be careful of who's giving you an invitation letter. Even when you have gotten your visa and on subsequent visits, be careful of who you tell the ECO you will be visiting on that visit. I mean ask questions, theres no harm in inquiring more and more from your host or the person you wanna visit on any trip before giving their names at the POE.

At a POE, i listened to interviews of people detained for reasons ranging from issues like "Why do you look sooo tired", to "when last did you see your spouse" etc. One case was a mum, and her sister, who said they would be visiting their daughter/neice. Meanwhile, she (the daughter/niece) was on a visit visa and had stayed for slightly over 6 months. Heard the officers say "Shes overstayed and has no right to be here anymore". Needless to say, I saw them invite the airline representative to bring in their bags from the carrel, asked for 2 seats on the next flight to (cant remember where) and usher both through a door that I suspected was to return them to the waiting room for "deportees" till they are ready for boarding. While they were leaving thru that door, I noticed the Officers radioing and calling out the address they gave, to the other party (their collegues) and making arrangements (probably to go to the daughter/niece's) residence, cos they said she wasnt at the airport to pick them up.

Another case I saw was a lady who wore "winter" regalia and when questioned (thru an interpreter), she said she was in for TOURISM. the Officer asked her several times, and even gave her a last chance to say her main visit purpose but she maintained tourism. He asked how much she had, she mentioned $10k, he asked are you pregnant, she said yes, "do u intend to give birth here", she said yes. He then said "you lied to me...I'm sending you back to China". Long story short, she begged and cried out her heart but they just called in her flight rep, brought in her luggage, ushered thru that same door, and that was it.

Also saw a student from China, guess he was in his second year, BUT from his school statement, the officer could tell he was late for resumption. when he said he had spoken with the uni, the officer asked for a mail from the uni to confirm he can come even though hes late. He couldn't provide that and was told he would be returned to china. I noticed the officer stamp his passport three times with different stamps and a call was being made of course for a flight rep.

Another case, wasnt really too sure but i could hear questions like "how long have you been with her", "when last did you see her" "how long have u been working with xyz" "do you have property" "how come youve been working at xyz for bla bla long and you dont have any properties". Then I also heard the Officer say "go and think about your story and when you are ready to tell me the truth, im here, i got all nyt". But then the passenger said "I'm British so why would I lie?" Funnily, the officer corrected "No (with low tone though, then with a higher pitch) You have a British Passport, and there are several reasons why you would lie, so go sit there and think again about your story". I was lolling inside me... His luggage was brought in but this time for a search as he was sent in through a separate door.

The last one i noticed was a man who had some traffic offence far back in the past, it was sorted out then though before he got his citizenship, but he was temporarily detained at the POE for questioning. His interview didnt last up to 2 mins so he inquired why he was detained. the officer simply reminded him of that offence and said "we need to check from time to time that you are now a good citizen".

In all, im sure there are lessons to be learnt from this. I really felt for the mum and aunt that were deported cos they looked really elderly.i could only imagine those grannies who travel 6 hrs to the UK or even 8-10 hrs to see their children. How painful it will be if they are refused entry and have to be returned to naija...another 6hrs or 8hrs trip; that's jetlag x2.

Please peeps politely ask questions from/about anyone you may visit before you mention his/her name at the POE as someone you may visit during that particular trip.

Hope someone finds this helpful.
Cheers every1

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
3sha4lyf: Hi All,
I know this may sound clichéd and must have been mentioned here or in other threads but then i cant help but reiterate this because of recent occurrences. Please peeps, be careful of who's giving you an invitation letter. Even when you have gotten your visa and on subsequent visits, be careful of who you tell the ECO you will be visiting on that visit. I mean ask questions, theres no harm in inquiring more and more from your host or the person you wanna visit on any trip before giving their names at the POE.

At a POE, i listened to interviews of people detained for reasons ranging from issues like "Why do you look sooo tired", to "when last did you see your spouse" etc. One case was a mum, and her sister, who said they would be visiting their daughter/neice. Meanwhile, she (the daughter/niece) was on a visit visa and had stayed for slightly over 6 months. Heard the officers say "Shes overstayed and has no right to be here anymore". Needless to say, I saw them invite the airline representative to bring in their bags from the carrel, asked for 2 seats on the next flight to (cant remember where) and usher both through a door that I suspected was to return them to the waiting room for "deportees" till they are ready for boarding. While they were leaving thru that door, I noticed the Officers radioing and calling out the address they gave, to the other party (their collegues) and making arrangements (probably to go to the daughter/niece's) residence, cos they said she wasnt at the airport to pick them up.

Another case I saw was a lady who wore "winter" regalia and when questioned (thru an interpreter), she said she was in for TOURISM. the Officer asked her several times, and even gave her a last chance to say her main visit purpose but she maintained tourism. He asked how much she had, she mentioned $10k, he asked are you pregnant, she said yes, "do u intend to give birth here", she said yes. He then said "you lied to me...I'm sending you back to China". Long story short, she begged and cried out her heart but they just called in her flight rep, brought in her luggage, ushered thru that same door, and that was it.

Also saw a student from China, guess he was in his second year, BUT from his school statement, the officer could tell he was late for resumption. when he said he had spoken with the uni, the officer asked for a mail from the uni to confirm he can come even though hes late. He couldn't provide that and was told he would be returned to china. I noticed the officer stamp his passport three times with different stamps and a call was being made of course for a flight rep.

Another case, wasnt really too sure but i could hear questions like "how long have you been with her", "when last did you see her" "how long have u been working with xyz" "do you have property" "how come youve been working at xyz for bla bla long and you dont have any properties". Then I also heard the Officer say "go and think about your story and when you are ready to tell me the truth, im here, i got all nyt". But then the passenger said "I'm British so why would I lie?" Funnily, the officer corrected "No (with low tone though, then with a higher pitch) You have a British Passport, and there are several reasons why you would lie, so go sit there and think again about your story". I was lolling inside me... His luggage was brought in but this time for a search as he was sent in through a separate door.

The last one i noticed was a man who had some traffic offence far back in the past, it was sorted out then though before he got his citizenship, but he was temporarily detained at the POE for questioning. His interview didnt last up to 2 mins so he inquired why he was detained. the officer simply reminded him of that offence and said "we need to check from time to time that you are now a good citizen".

In all, im sure there are lessons to be learnt from this. I really felt for the mum and aunt that were deported cos they looked really elderly.i could only imagine those grannies who travel 6 hrs to the UK or even 8-10 hrs to see their children. How painful it will be if they are refused entry and have to be returned to naija...another 6hrs or 8hrs trip; that's jetlag x2.

Please peeps politely ask questions from/about anyone you may visit before you mention his/her name at the POE as someone you may visit during that particular trip.

Hope someone finds this helpful.
Cheers every1

Those naija which Airline do they used ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.