Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980464 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DRIZ: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
justwise:

Present what you have and explain why you don't have marriage certificate.

@ Justwise that means I can present the wedding I.V in 2011, wedding pictures, current & old pics with my wife & 2 years old daughter and then explain that the engagement & wedding was a traditional marriage ceremony in 2011. I hope theses docs are sufficient? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dredem(m): 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am a married public servant and I intend to visit Uk with my spouse for 2 weeks in Feb 2015 dur my leave to mark my wedding anneversary with my half brother a Uk citizen.
I intend to apply month end and submit the following:
1 Letter of intro from my office
2 6 months payslip
3 Appointment letter
4 6 months salary acc with balance of NGN 1Million
5 Marriage certificate, our passports.

My sponsor wants to send the following :
Letter of invitation stating he will handle our flight,accomodation while I provide spending money
Utility bills for both his rented flat and our mothers house which she owns
6 months acc balance with GBP 9k savings
British passport

My dilemma is
Is it appropriate for him to state he will pay for our flights
Is it appropriate to mention 2 possible accomodation for us?
Thirdly,I earn about GBP 1k monthly and intend to state in the application form that I spend GBP 200 monthly(my spouse is unemployed) Is that okay?
Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
DRIZ:

@ Justwise that means I can present the wedding I.V in 2011, wedding pictures, current & old pics with my wife & 2 years old daughter and then explain that the engagement & wedding was a traditional marriage ceremony in 2011. I hope theses docs are sufficient? Thanks.

Yes that is all you have to do and the ECO will decide if it's sufficient or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
dredem:
I am a married public servant and I intend to visit Uk with my spouse for 2 weeks in Feb 2015 dur my leave to mark my wedding anneversary with my half brother a Uk citizen.
I intend to apply month end and submit the following:
1 Letter of intro from my office
2 6 months payslip
3 Appointment letter
4 6 months salary acc with balance of NGN 1Million
5 Marriage certificate, our passports.

My sponsor wants to send the following :
Letter of invitation stating he will handle our flight,accomodation while I provide spending money
Utility bills for both his rented flat and our mothers house which she owns
6 months acc balance with GBP 9k savings
British passport

My dilemma is
Is it appropriate for him to state he will pay for our flights
Is it appropriate to mention 2 possible accomodation for us?
Thirdly,I earn about GBP 1k monthly and intend to state in the application form that I spend GBP 200 monthly(my spouse is unemployed) Is that okay?
Thanks for your assistance.
Does your sponsor work?
And why do you want to lie about your salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dredem(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Justwise firstly, my sponsor is employed in Uk and has a reasonable bank statement. Secondly, theres no lies about my earnings. I have just saved up for this trip up to that amount and thats it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
dredem:
@Justwise firstly, my sponsor is employed in Uk and has a reasonable bank statement. Secondly, theres no lies about my earnings. I have just saved up for this trip up to that amount and thats it.

Sorry I just noticed my mistake with the second question.

Since your sponsor works then there is no problem if he wants to pay for the flight, he needs to send you his bank statement as a proof of his income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by remsam2000: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
I posted this yesterday but im asked to re post it. This attached letter is given to my nephew as refusal letter at uk embassy. My nephew is almost 65 and i told them in letter i will be sponsoring her but they keep on refusing her. I want to know if i can appeal this case and how to go about it. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
remsam2000:
I posted this yesterday but im asked to re post it. This attached letter is given to my nephew as refusal letter at uk embassy. My nephew is almost 65 and i told them in letter i will be sponsoring her but they keep on refusing her. I want to know if i can appeal this case and how to go about it. Thanks.

The refusal points are very clear, you need to address them all one after the other
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by remsam2000: 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thank you very much. What i want to know is that do i go for appeal or i reapply, thats my question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by remsam2000: 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yes. We approached them the second time we reapply even we added pictures of my nephew and i on my wedding day but the consular is unbent that is why i want to know if we should reapply or appeal. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
remsam2000:
remsam2000:
Yes. We approached them the second time we reapply even we added pictures of my nephew and i on my wedding day but the consular is unbent that is why i want to know if we should reapply or appeal. Thank you.
Your rights of appeal is limited, it means, you can not appeal the decision as you need the FULL rights to do so.
By the way, you are referred to as a nephew to the applicant who is a 65 years old woman, therefore, she is your AUNT, not a nephew as you described her. Also, you may want to look up the word, Niece
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
I applied for a Uk family visit visa on the 26th of sep, and up till now i have not gotten any update on my application. can anyone who has similar issue share his or her experience on this please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by toseen29: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello house, need your assistance. am trying to pay for Priority visa processing fee (tp contact) for my wife but the old Application ID cannot be edited. i then tried to do a fresh registeration with her email address but email already exist with the old application ID. what can be done please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
@justwise and ace101,
I and my wife submitted on the 26th of sep and up till now we havent gotten any update.
my question is how many working days does it take for family visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
obig:
@justwise and ace101,
I and my wife submitted on the 26th of sep and up till now we havent gotten any update.
my question is how many working days does it take for family visiting visa.

That is a long time....you should have contacted the embassy long time ago. Their contact details are on their website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
@justwise
Thanks for your information,
Have called them several time today but they wouldnt pick, but have sent them an email now
and i will also try to check VFS tomorrow morning maybe it would have been available for pick.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
@obig

Which centre did you apply as Teleperformance has been known to take long because they send to Sheffield directly.

Please note that if you applied through VFS your package if ready will be collected at Teleperformance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ace101
I applied through VFS ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 4:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ace101
Please were you notified that your package is ready for pick up or you just decided to go there and check if its out,
why am asking is that the status has not changed on the tracking site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2014
@obig

Thats where i applied from as well. Go and check for your package at Teleperformance Ikeja, Etiebets Place, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way as VFS is no longer a drop off or collection centre for UK applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 4:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
@obig

I received an email from UK embassy lagos but not VFS and i collected a few days later from Teleperformance office. The status will not change on VFS website as they are no longer the collection point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
ace101
OK, Thanks.
I will go to Teleperformance tomorrow morning to check.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
@obig

Ok, goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
obig:
@justwise
Thanks for your information,
Have called them several time today but they wouldnt pick, but have sent them an email now
and i will also try to check VFS tomorrow morning maybe it would have been available for pick.

Try that and see what happens.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ace101 and justwise
Please is it compulsory to receive a mail from tp or Uk embassy to confirm that my application has been processed before i could go and check if my package is ready for pickup?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ironbender101(m): 12:25am On Oct 22, 2014
@Justwise and other gurus in the house. I want to study a postgraduate course next year January and I want to sponsor my self. I have more than sufficient fund. I want to know, should I submit my CAC certificate and TCC while applying for visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:09am On Oct 22, 2014
ironbender101:
@Justwise and other gurus in the house. I want to study a postgraduate course next year January and I want to sponsor my self. I have more than sufficient fund. I want to know, should I submit my CAC certificate and TCC while applying for visa?

No need for those documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:09am On Oct 22, 2014
obig:
@ace101 and justwise
Please is it compulsory to receive a mail from tp or Uk embassy to confirm that my application has been processed before i could go and check if my package is ready for pickup?

No it's not compulsory
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mummyzee: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2014
Hello house,please I submitted my application since 30th Sept (Myself, My baby and My mum) atTeleperformance VI office,till today my tracking application is still showing recieve by UKVI on 30th Sept,have sent them mail through their feed back/complain section yet no reply,and no numberr in their website to call

Am confuse, please anybody with such experience and@Justwise et all please any advice on what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by obig: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2014
@ace101 and justwise
I just returned from Teleperformance now, and they said my package is not ready for collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 11:45am On Oct 22, 2014
@obig
Ok, that menas the embassy is still working on it.

@mummyzee
You just have to be patient o. They delay sometimes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
Please i want to know can someone sponsor himself to study in Uk for masters programme

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.