Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980367 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
jeliok4us:
please house, i will like to know what to take with me to the appointment center. please i applied as a visitor to the uk using my company as my sponsor. please note that im the sole owner of my company (enterprises) and i have already gotten an IV from my sister who is a british. please i will need this asap cos my appointment is for next tuesday.
Didn't the system instruct you on what (if anything) to take with you?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
jeliok4us:
please house, i will like to know what to take with me to the appointment center. please i applied as a visitor to the uk using my company as my sponsor. please note that im the sole owner of my company (enterprises) and i have already gotten an IV from my sister who is a british. please i will need this asap cos my appointment is for next tuesday.
Try to go with the 4tocopies n original of your back up documents required on the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
jeliok4us:

List the documents you have already both from your sister and yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hi all, I just got this yesterday.

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by abbyjo: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
abbyjo:
Goodmrn,please av filled out an application form for my mum buut can't book an appointment as I keep getting this error message. 'Appointment page is temporarily unavailable please try again' for over 24hrs now.
Please is any1 experiencing same?

Pls is anyone experiencing this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jeliok4us: 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

List the documents you have already both from your sister and yourself.

I have the email invitation letter< my passport, statement of account, my certificate of incorporation. please is there any other documents that i will need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
@justwise pls I submitted my application on the 18th of Sep , I've still not heard anything from them it's been more than 15 working days now apart from the Salah and Independence Day celebration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
obipyper:
@justwise pls I submitted my application on the 18th of Sep , I've still not heard anything from them it's been more than 15 working days now apart from the Salah and Independence Day celebration

You need to contact the embassy though the 15 working days processing time is for student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
jeliok4us:

I have the email invitation letter< my passport, statement of account, my certificate of incorporation. please is there any other documents that i will need.

Is the bank statement personal or your company's account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnychic: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
Vicjustice:

Yes, all existing documents remain valid, but I don't think that include the future documents or the documents that are renewed after the change of name

They obviously are. Cos I've been issued a visa with a passport I renewed using my maiden name in July of this year. Going to abuja wasn't appealing. And they didn't have a problem with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnychic: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
sunnychic:

They obviously are. Cos I've been issued a visa with a passport I renewed using my maiden name in July of this year. Going to abuja wasn't appealing. And they didn't have a problem with it.

I also got a passport and visa for my daughter who bears her father's name. I think that's as much valid as it can get. If u ask me..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
justwise:

You need to contact the embassy though the 15 working days processing time is for student visa
... Please how do I contact them is it by Email or their phone line .. I tracked it today and it was still saying ''your application has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission''
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:44am On Oct 15, 2014
sunnychic:

I see.., In my wife's case, her passport became invalid after 6 months, she was instructed to do all the legal procedures with the ministry of internal affair during the 6 months period.
By the way, she is not a Nigerian.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jeliok4us: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2014
justwise:

Is the bank statement personal or your company's account?
its mycompany's account. my personal acccount are irregular. i have 6 personal accounts which i just transfer money from my mobile whenever a need arises.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Emmane: 8:11am On Oct 15, 2014
Hello,

I have this pressing query. I submitted application for a UK Visitor Visa and statement of Acc. Does it mean i wont have to make any transactions with the account until VISA Approval? Do they even get to contact the banks involved? Because i have pressing need to make withdrawal. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2014
Emmane:
Hello,
I have this pressing query. I submitted application for a UK Visitor Visa and statement of Acc. Does it mean i wont have to make any transactions with the account until VISA Approval? Do they even get to contact the banks involved? Because i have pressing need to make withdrawal. Thank you.
Usual activities can continue in the account in normal ways, you can deposits money into it as well as withdraw money from it as regular, but it would be bad if you are withdrawing a significant sum of money: by the way, it is also bad if you deposited lump sum of money into the account in the first place.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2014
jeliok4us:
its mycompany's account. my personal acccount are irregular. i have 6 personal accounts which i just transfer money from my mobile whenever a need arises.

You need to submit both accounts but your traveling budget will come entirely from your personal account. Business account is for business only.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sunnychic: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
Vicjustice:

I see.., In my wife's case, her passport became invalid after 6 months, she was instructed to do all the legal procedures with the ministry of internal affair during the 6 months period.
By the way, she is not a Nigerian.

Ok. Maybe that why. Mine is still valid. Probably it's different for some countries. They had no problems renewing in my maiden name. Although I had to provide my marriage certificate for my daughter's passport. And I also obviously included it in the visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2014
Abeg how do I contact this. Uk embassy they are taking to much time to get back...!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2014
obipyper:
... Please how do I contact them is it by Email or their phone line .. I tracked it today and it was still saying ''your application has been dispatched to the British Deputy High Commission''

Both, you can do both, get their contact details from their website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hi all and thanks for all the great info. Got our visit visas today. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
ace101:
Hi all and thanks for all the great info. Got our visit visas today. Cheers.
please sorry to ask when did you submit your application and how did they contact you in getting your visa..? A reply will be wonderful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2014
@obipyper

I submitted on 24th sept at vfs ikeja and got an email from uk embassy on monday that its ready and I collected today at teleperformance ikeja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
ace101:
@obipyper

I submitted on 24th sept at vfs ikeja and got an email from uk embassy on monday that its ready and I collected today at teleperformance ikeja.

lol we submitted 18th sept still yet to get response maybe its cuase its a family plan for 4people, sorry please was yours a family plan as well..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ace101: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2014
@obipyper

My application was for 2 (my wife and I). Which centre did you apply. We applied at vfs ikeja before they closed. From other peoples experiences, teleperformance takes a lot longer cos they send it to Sheffield.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hello to all d gurus in da house.. I need a advise and assistance about my situation. Sometimes ago, I was granted my 5yrs UK visit. On gettin to heathrow I was stopped and delayed fr hrs Jst to run a check on all my previous uk visas. In nutshell, I was refused entry cuz there was inaccurate stamp date on my passport in 2011 and in my very first application in 2011, I said I have cousin and in my present application I said I don't have cousin..only friends. I have been in the UK several times after then and even early ds year. I tried to give reasons but all in vain. I refused to go back and was given appeal if I think it's a wrong decision but I couldn't do d appeal cuz d lawyer advised dt since it's not family visit, d chances of winning is very slim and will have to be in the UK whilst doing to appeal. I decided to reschedule my ticket and return on my ticket and my visa was cancelled. I was told that I can't apply until after one year and I should contact the British embassy in Nigeria if I want to make new application.

My questions are :
1) I have a valid US on my passport and have been to the US before, can I still travel there for business purpose with the UK visa cancelled without problem?

2) I know I can't apply for any UK visa until after one year according to the immigration officer in UK and was written in the refusal paper given to me. What letter do I have to put up for British embassy in Nigeria? Am I to confirm the penalty from them again and anytime I make new application, won't they refer me back to this refusal of a thing? I need your sincere advise and way to go about it.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 1:17am On Oct 19, 2014
peace009:
Hello to all d gurus in da house.. I need a advise and assistance about my situation. Sometimes ago, I was granted my 5yrs UK visit. On gettin to heathrow I was stopped and delayed fr hrs Jst to run a check on all my previous uk visas. In nutshell, I was refused entry cuz there was inaccurate stamp date on my passport in 2011 and in my very first application in 2011, I said I have cousin and in my present application I said I don't have cousin..only friends. I have been in the UK several times after then and even early ds year. I tried to give reasons but all in vain. I refused to go back and was given appeal if I think it's a wrong decision but I couldn't do d appeal cuz d lawyer advised dt since it's not family visit, d chances of winning is very slim and will have to be in the UK whilst doing to appeal. I decided to reschedule my ticket and return on my ticket and my visa was cancelled. I was told that I can't apply until after one year and I should contact the British embassy in Nigeria if I want to make new application.

My questions are :
1) I have a valid US on my passport and have been to the US before, can I still travel there for business purpose with the UK visa cancelled without problem?

2) I know I can't apply for any UK visa until after one year according to the immigration officer in UK and was written in the refusal paper given to me. What letter do I have to put up for British embassy in Nigeria? Am I to confirm the penalty from them again and anytime I make new application, won't they refer me back to this refusal of a thing? I need your sincere advise and way to go about it.
Thanks

Question

1. Was your visa cancelled or revoked ?
2. Which Airline do you travel with ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DRIZ: 6:18am On Oct 19, 2014
Dear gurus in the house – Justwise, Vicjustice etc. Please guys I intend to apply for U.K 6 month’s visa as a tourist before the end of this month and from the documents checklist the only thing I can’t provide is marriage certificate because it was a traditional marriage and no certificate but there are proof of pictures of me & wife and with family members on wedding day. Is it compulsory that I must add marriage certificate? Is there any need for me to get any document for this and what type of document? I have also been to Ontario, Canada and Istanbul, Turkey this year on a single entry visas. Thanks guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2014
wola44:

Question

1. Was your visa cancelled or revoked ?
2. Which Airline do you travel with ?

Cancelled. And arik
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:00am On Oct 19, 2014
peace009:

My questions are :

Thanks

1. You can travel to US with the canceled visa stamp on your passport, you got no choice as you can't remove the stamp, when asked anything about it at the POE explain to them.

2. You definitely have to confirm the penalty clearly without holding any info back. Each time you applied for visa and you are asked about any past refusal you have to tell the truth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2014
DRIZ:
Dear gurus in the house – Justwise, Vicjustice etc. Please guys I intend to apply for U.K 6 month’s visa as a tourist before the end of this month and from the documents checklist the only thing I can’t provide is marriage certificate because it was a traditional marriage and no certificate but there are proof of pictures of me & wife and with family members on wedding day. Is it compulsory that I must add marriage certificate? Is there any need for me to get any document for this and what type of document? I have also been to Ontario, Canada and Istanbul, Turkey this year on a single entry visas. Thanks guys.

Present what you have and explain why you don't have marriage certificate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.