Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980432 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by extrovert6(m): 1:59am On Nov 29, 2014
Hello house, I m a postgraduate student, I need to attend a conference in the UK, a cousin would be sponsoring me,
I I need the full details of the documents I'll need and the minimum balance that will be in my sponsors account.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2014
On the 17th of this month, I submitted an application for family visit visa-2 years. I'm really getting nervous as 2 weeks later, no response. I submitted it at the Churchgate center in VI. I've been reading horror stories . Please anyone, is it too early to start getting worried cause I want to spend Christmas in London with my family. Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 7:08am On Nov 30, 2014
I ended up emailing UKVI and I got a response from them.

They said my application has been processed and a decision has been made. I didn't like when they also added don't book a ticket until you have got your visa, etc. That sure didn't sound encouraging to me lol.

I will wait for the Churchgate center to send me an email. I think the delay is coming from their end.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joeodum123: 3:35am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello All,

Please this is my first time here and am trying to seek information. I applied for spouse visa on 12 September at VFS office abuja. ME and my spouse have been chasing up my application and they informed us on 26 Nov that a decision has been taken and VAC in nigeria will contact me. I heard that Teleperformance now handle UK visa application in Abuja.

Please I will like to know how to contact by phone number either VFS in abuja or Teleperformance in abuja as I am confused which company my passport will be returned to.

Information urgently needed.

Kind regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello house please ,I need an urgent response,I applied for UK tourist visa and I was refused, I am a student and also own a store, my store is registered(CAC) and I have a TIN number, when I wanted to apply I collected letter from my school,stating am a final year student going for Xmas holls to be back in 2 weeks before my graduation in march 2015,and I backed this up with all my school document. I filled my form and made a mistake :in the part where I was asked how much I receive monthly I filled 100,( I was thinking it was in naira which is 100k, I forgot it was in pound which is 26600k) and In my personal account I had 1mplus. I sell expensive hair n cream, the money that enters my account varies,as some months I have more while in other months I have little money. And again I was asked wen I started business I wrote 4/sep /2013, which was actually when I started,I put documents to back it up like, local government shop permit, LASAA original receipt,shop rent receipt,agreement form,and all my back dated receipt I have used to purchase goods,I submitted my form and my result came out in 7 working day Refused.
The Eco said he refused me becos he is not satisfied with my account statement, he said I stated I have started business in 4/sept /2014( he made a mistake, I stated in the form I started business 4/sept/2013). And that I receive monthly income of 100 pounds, and I have 1m plus in my account, he is not sure of the genueity of the source of fund provided. He doesn't think I will return from the UK as stated by me, now my agent who help me before said he will attach a review and I will reapply immediately. Since I stated am going on the 20th of Dec 2014/ that they can still give me if I reapply. Please I will really appreciate if I get immediate response .thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sabrinaqueenzy: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello house please ,I need an urgent response,I applied for UK tourist visa and I was refused, I am a student and also own a store, my store is registered(CAC) and I have a TIN number, when I wanted to apply I collected letter from my school,stating am a final year student going for Xmas holls to be back in 2 weeks before my graduation in march 2015,and I backed this up with all my school document. I filled my form and made a mistake :in the part where I was asked how much I receive monthly I filled 100,( I was thinking it was in naira which is 100k, I forgot it was in pound which is 26600k) and In my personal account I had 1mplus. I sell expensive hair n cream, the money that enters my account varies,as some months I have more while in other months I have little money. And again I was asked wen I started business I wrote 4/sep /2013, which was actually when I started,I put documents to back it up like, local government shop permit, LASAA original receipt,shop rent receipt,agreement form,and all my back dated receipt I have used to purchase goods,and also with pictures of me in my store n what i sell.I submitted my form and my result came out in 7 working day Refused.
The Eco said he refused me becos he is not satisfied with my account statement, he said I stated I have started business in 4/sept /2014( he made a mistake, I stated in the form I started business 4/sept/2013). And that I receive monthly income of 100 pounds, and I have 1m plus in my account, he is not sure of the genueity of the source of fund provided. He doesn't think I will return from the UK as stated by me, now my agent who help me before said he will attach a review and I will reapply immediately. Since I stated am going on the 20th of Dec 2014/ that they can still give me if I reapply. Please I will really appreciate if I get immediate response .thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2014
tomfikky:

Chai, it took me time because I used gtbank Mastercard.
Pls when they ask for activation code. Did u use the token or ur secure code. password
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2014
sabrinaqueenzy:
Hello house please ,I need an urgent response,I applied for UK tourist visa and I was refused, I am a student and also own a store, my store is registered(CAC) and I have a TIN number, when I wanted to apply I collected letter from my school,stating am a final year student going for Xmas holls to be back in 2 weeks before my graduation in march 2015,and I backed this up with all my school document. I filled my form and made a mistake :in the part where I was asked how much I receive monthly I filled 100,( I was thinking it was in naira which is 100k, I forgot it was in pound which is 26600k) and In my personal account I had 1mplus. I sell expensive hair n cream, the money that enters my account varies,as some months I have more while in other months I have little money. And again I was asked wen I started business I wrote 4/sep /2013, which was actually when I started,I put documents to back it up like, local government shop permit, LASAA original receipt,shop rent receipt,agreement form,and all my back dated receipt I have used to purchase goods,and also with pictures of me in my store n what i sell.I submitted my form and my result came out in 7 working day Refused.
The Eco said he refused me becos he is not satisfied with my account statement, he said I stated I have started business in 4/sept /2014( he made a mistake, I stated in the form I started business 4/sept/2013). And that I receive monthly income of 100 pounds, and I have 1m plus in my account, he is not sure of the genueity of the source of fund provided. He doesn't think I will return from the UK as stated by me, now my agent who help me befwith?aid he will attach a review and I will reapply immediately. Since I stated am going on the 20th of Dec 2014/ that they can still give me if I reapply. Please I will really appreciate if I get immediate response .thanks in anticipation.
How much money would you say you earn monthly on average?
Look, you can't be seeking advice from us if you already have an "agent" who dictates what goes... By the way, what is the agent helping you with?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raahym(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2014
@ Justwise,

I and family (wife and a daughter) travelled to UK before with them and malaysia, after which i have travelled to the schengen territory of Poland. However, i will like to find out if i want to apply for another UK visa fr this december holiday would i be submitting all the same documents over again and would we be subjected to the same scrutiny of documents?

Reason for asking, i dont have that much cash in my account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Raahym:
@ Justwise,

I and family (wife and a daughter) travelled to UK before with them and malaysia, after which i have travelled to the schengen territory of Poland. However, i will like to find out if i want to apply for another UK visa fr this december holiday would i be submitting all the same documents over again and would we be subjected to the same scrutiny of documents?

Reason for asking, i dont have that much cash in my account.

Yes you have to, the same process and your application will be scrutinised just like the first time you applied. Remember to submit an updated bank statement that meets your travel needs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charles005: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
Still no luck ooooo, I even went to Teleperformance Ikeja to check if my document is with them but unfortunatly they told me that is not yet ready since 3rd of Nov;2014 and when I email UKVI they said it has been processed and decision was made on the 10th of Nov; 2014.. I don't know what to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
charles005:
Still no luck ooooo, I even went to Teleperformance Ikeja to check if my document is with them but unfortunatly they told me that is not yet ready since 3rd of Nov;2014 and when I email UKVI they said it has been processed and decision was made on the 10th of Nov; 2014.. I don't know what to do
I'm in the the same boat as you. I also got a response from UKVI indicating that a decision was made but it doesn't tell me when. I'm waiting for my documents too. I submitted to the office in VI so mine went to Sheffield. Yours was submitted to Ikeja so it went to Abuja. I just want my documents back so I just know.

Also, in the email UKVI sent you, did they also tell you to take a survey?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
jediKnerd:
Update, spoke with Red Star yesterday and they mentioned some progress with getting some documents out yesterday. They could not confirm though if any UKVI - VI VAC were among. But I just received an update from TP that my documents are being returned. Safe to add two and two together that VI VAC (should/would) received some returned passports yesterday.

Hopefully they should be ready for pick up later this afternoon or by Monday.

Cheers
What is the update?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
How do i pay for this visa application fees successfully, this is so frustrating
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charles005: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yes, they did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charles005: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
When did you submit your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by musabones: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
tomfikky:

Go to Cards in your online banking

Please how can you help with this payment of a thing, I have tried paying it with different ways but all effort was fruitless. The thing just saying some shit.. How were you able to make your own payment successfully? Please I will appreciate your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
For those who are trying to pay visa fees through their mastercard, you will need to have online banking. It is a process because it will ask you for your secure code and NO, it is not the code from your token.

What I will advise you to do, to avoid being frustrated is to make sure you have internet banking, then call your banks customer service so that they can walk you through the process of how to get your secure code. It should take no more than 10 minutes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mikkyphp(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
If you use VISA card, then get your iPin from an ATM machine of your bank closest to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raahym(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Yes you have to, the same process and your application will be scrutinised just like the first time you applied. Remember to submit an updated bank statement that meets your travel needs.

Thanks Justwise, however, the issue that i have now is my bank statement. I do not have the much needed amount of monies for this trip and the reason its so important for me is because i want to meet a potential employer to discuss my job description and offer. Please advise do the embassy really 'check" you know what i mean? Please its imminent i know this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Raahym:

Thanks Justwise, however, the issue that i have now is my bank statement. I do not have the much needed amount of monies for this trip and the reason its so important for me is because i want to meet a potential employer to discuss my job description and offer. Please advise do the embassy really 'check" you know what i mean? Please its imminent i know this.

Do you really want me to answer that question? Really?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joeodum123: 2:34am On Dec 02, 2014
Hello, please can anyone with information point me in the right direction.

I applied at VFS abuja on 12 September. And UKVI has informed me that a decision has been made on my application.

Please where will my passport be returned to, VFS abuja or Teleperformance abuja? Although I paid for courier service return of document.

Also is there a contact number for Teleperformance Abuja as am in port harcourt.

I will be very grateful for any reply to this query.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2014
joeodum123:

I applied at VFS abuja on 12 September. And UKVI has informed me that a decision has been made on my application.

Please where will my passport be returned to, VFS abuja or Teleperformance abuja? Although I paid for courier service return of document.

Also is there a contact number for Teleperformance Abuja as am in port harcourt.

I would advise you to physically go to both and ask for your documents. It shouldn't be taking this long to get them back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Dec 02, 2014
joeodum123:

When was that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joeodum123: 8:51am On Dec 02, 2014
@justwise thanks for the quick reply.

UKVI sent an email to my Wife on the 26 Nov saying that a decision has been made and I will be hearing from my Visa Application Centre. This was VFS abuja.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joeodum123: 8:54am On Dec 02, 2014
@florencejo thanks for the reply. I will go to abuja next week if I don't hear anything from Teleperformance this week.

Please house does anyone have a customer contact number for Teleperformance? I have filled their feedback form twice with no reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2014
joeodum123:
@justwise thanks for the quick reply.

UKVI sent an email to my Wife on the 26 Nov saying that a decision has been made and I will be hearing from my Visa Application Centre. This was VFS abuja.

It's a week today so you can visit their office to check.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by florencejo: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good news for me. Just picked up my documents from Teleconference center in VI and I got my visa. 2 years family visit visa.

I was really doubtful that I was going to get it because of what I had been reading. I am unemployed, came back from getting a Law Degree and Masters in the UK last August, went to do my NYSC and just finished in November. I'm over 30 and being sponsored by an older brother. I was feeling so negative but voila, I just got the visa. I have no idea what they looked at. But I'm grateful. I can have a nice Christmas with my siblings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.