Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984163 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
Justwise please I need your help on this, I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately but you have to bear with me please, I registered my business and I have the certificate on 25 January 2015, I'm yet to pay tax, Buf I obtained my tax identification number (TIN) if I want to apply for tourist visa must I provide a tax clearance certificate? As tax clearance certificate is given to those who their business has been operating for 3 years! Please I'll appreciate of you'll help me out, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adegbulugbe(m): 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
justwise:

What is your salary range..... to ......?

Justwise,my salary range together with my allowances is 105k,pls what can you say to that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2015
Could the experts advice please.

Wife is expecting a baby and I am inviting mother in-law for 4 months. I am providing accommodation (in a 2 bedroom flat) and all expenses associated with her travel. Mother in-law was refused because she is unemployed and has no property to show.

Problem is, she is 60 years and has a 70 year old husband. They own their own home and farmland in village but no document to show. She is a farmer and lives in the village and doesn't operate her bank account. She saves her money under her pillow.

I have asked her to print her bank statement all the same (which has just N40k in it), get my father in-law to do an affidavit saying he is happy for her to travel for four months, asked the village vicar to give a letter, included a family photograph with her family (7 of them of which 6 are in nigeria), drawn a list of all children, grandchildren and in-laws, got the son to give a letter stating they support their mom financially and include bank statement, got 2 sons in-law in nigeria to do same.

On my part, I have booked an onward and return flight with BA, included receipts and pictures of gifts items we purchased during the christmas sales in preparation of her going back (worth over £1000). I previously supplied evidence of income (bank statements, payslips etc), employment, data page of my passport, wife's and daughter's passports, invitation letter and tenancy agreement.

What else can I provide to show this people that mom in-law is not running away from nigeria and she is provided for in nigeria?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 1:52am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 6:06am On Feb 07, 2015
^^ Are they visiting family in the UK or staying in a hotel?
What does the 32yrs old lady do?

Single 32yrs old traveling with a 13 yrs old might raise red flags ------ child trafficking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2015
House I'm still waiting for your thoughts about the above circumstance. Justwise bro, are you still asleep? I'm waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:

Wife is expecting a baby and I am inviting mother in-law for 4 months. I am providing accommodation (in a 2 bedroom flat) and all expenses associated with her travel. Mother in-law was refused because she is unemployed and has no property to show.

Problem is, she is 60 years and has a 70 year old husband. They own their own home and farmland in village but no document to show. She is a farmer and lives in the village and doesn't operate her bank account. She saves her money under her pillow.

I have asked her to print her bank statement all the same (which has just N40k in it), get my father in-law to do an affidavit saying he is happy for her to travel for four months, asked the village vicar to give a letter, included a family photograph with her family (7 of them of which 6 are in nigeria), drawn a list of all children, grandchildren and in-laws, got the son to give a letter stating they support their mom financially and include bank statement, got 2 sons in-law in nigeria to do same.

On my part, I have booked an onward and return flight with BA, included receipts and pictures of gifts items we purchased during the christmas sales in preparation of her going back (worth over £1000). I previously supplied evidence of income (bank statements, payslips etc), employment, data page of my passport, wife's and daughter's passports, invitation letter and tenancy agreement.

What else can I provide to show this people that mom in-law is not running away from nigeria and she is provided for in nigeria?

Who helped her with the application?

Can you list documents submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:16am On Feb 07, 2015
NaGodwin:
Please house, i need your urgent advise, my elder sister is about to apply for a uk visa to travel for easter vacation, she is a first timer, she is 32 years old and single, she intends to carry our youngest sister along, she is 13 years and in junior secondary school, my mum is giving a consent letter indicating that she is aware that our kid sister is going with her.

I intend to buy my kid sister's air ticket, should i transfer the sum of #200,000 to my elder sisters account and also give her a letter indicating that i am taking care of my kid sisters air fare and that i have transferred the sum of #200,000 to my elder sisters account or would it be better for me to give her a letter to state that i will be buying the ticket and add my bank statement which has close to 3m in it? since i am not an applicant, do i still need to show source of income?

Please advise.

Will your sister be able to fund the trip without contribution from any family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2015
ulale:
Justwise please I need your help on this, I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately but you have to bear with me please, I registered my business and I have the certificate on 25 January 2015, I'm yet to pay tax, Buf I obtained my tax identification number (TIN) if I want to apply for tourist visa must I provide a tax clearance certificate? As tax clearance certificate is given to those who their business has been operating for 3 years! Please I'll appreciate of you'll help me out, thanks.

Where will the money for the trip come from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 11:23am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
justwise:

Who helped her with the application?

Can you list documents submitted?

I helped her with the application. I submitted the following;

1. My six months payslip (approximately £1500/ month. I work with nhs professionals as a flexible worker)

2. NHS bursary notification (£800/ month. I'm a psychiatric student nurse.
3. Students finance (£760 paid quarterly)

4. My daughter's evidence of child benefit.
5. Evidence of childtax credit (£270/ month)

6. Tenancy agreement ( 2 bedroom flat)

7. Evidence of university enrolment and council tax exemption.
8. Data page of my british passport, daughter's British passport and wife's spouse visa.
9. A letter of invitation stating I will be fully responsible for all expenses.

10. Mother in-law's nigerian passport.

For re-application, I'm considering getting the first son and in-laws to write letters and provide their bank statements, father in-law to swear an affidavit to say he is happy for her to travel for 4 months, state that they own their own home in the village and no document to show, include a family photograph of her family, list names and marital status of all children, grandchildren and in-laws, get the village clergy to write a letter of introduction and to state that she would return after her visit. I have also booked a BA flight with return.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
NaGodwin:

yes she will, she has over 1 million on her savings and close to around 2.9m on her business account, money goes into the account daily ranging from 20 to 50k depends on sales, she is into fashion products
she has a fixed deposit too of about 1 million but she doesn't intend to add the certificate cos its new and she doesn't want the ECO to think that it was done because of the visa application
please, what is your advice.

She has more than enough for the trip, does she pay tax in her business? As long as she can support her source of income with documents then she will be fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:

I helped her with the application. I submitted the following;

1. My six months payslip (approximately £1500/ month. I work with nhs professionals as a flexible worker)

2. NHS bursary notification (£800/ month. I'm a psychiatric student nurse.
3. Students finance (£760 paid quarterly)

4. My daughter's evidence of child benefit.
5. Evidence of childtax credit (£270/ month)

6. Tenancy agreement ( 2 bedroom flat)

7. Evidence of university enrolment and council tax exemption.
8. Data page of my british passport, daughter's British passport and wife's spouse visa.
9. A letter of invitation stating I will be fully responsible for all expenses.

10. Mother in-law's nigerian passport.

For re-application,I'm considering getting the first son and in-laws to write letters and provide their bank statements, father in-law to swear an affidavit to say he is happy for her to travel for 4 months, state that they own their own home in the village and no document to show, include a family photograph of her family, list names and marital status of all children, grandchildren and in-laws, get the village clergy to write a letter of introduction and to state that she would return after her visit. I have also booked a BA flight with return.

How about her 70years old husband? He is her strongest tie to Nigeria because they need each other, that and the section in bold should have been added during the initial application. Explaining how close they are and that she will not leave her husband in Nigeria and overstay in the UK. 4months is far too long, 1-2 months should have been better considering her age and that of the husband.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 12:38pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
justwise:

How about her 70years old husband? He is her strongest tie to Nigeria because they need each other, that and the section in bold should have been added during the initial application. Explaining how close they are and that she will not leave her husband in Nigeria and overstay in the UK. 4months is far too long, 1-2 months should have been better considering her age and that of the husband.

I can get the husband to also write a letter for the re-application. He is also swearing an affidavit to say she must return.

I didn't get the children to write initially because I thought that as I am funding the travel, getting them to write won't be necessary. Don't you think that changing the initial 4 months to 2 months now will raise a red flag?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
I intend to travel to the UK with my family.

My question is this,

On the hotel reservation i made, only my name is shown including the number of adults and children. Can i use this for the application bearing in mind that the name of the other apllicants are not reflected on the hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
justwise:

4months is far too long, 1-2 months should have been better considering her age and that of the husband.

Justwise, do you suggest I change the length of visit to 1-2 months when I re-apply? Won't that be suspicious?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:
Usually, people of advanced age get visa with relative ease and with the minimum requirements, but your mother in-law doesn't seem to fulfill even the minimum requirements, therefore, the onus is on you and others who are pledging supports to satisfy the visa officer that she is not going to be a liability to public funds Iwhilst in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2015
justwise:

Where will the money for the trip come from?

I run a a business that generates at least 150k or more per month, depending on my market, through that the money of the trip will come.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:

I can get the husband to also write a letter for the re-application. He is also swearing an affidavit to say she must return.

I didn't get the children to write initially because I thought that as I am funding the travel, getting them to write won't be necessary. Don't you think that changing the initial 4 months to 2 months now will raise a red flag?

Just an observation, why not appeal the initial application? Not unless I have missed something along the way.

84 Grounds of appeal

(1)An appeal under section 82(1) against an immigration decision must be brought on one or more of the following grounds—

(a)that the decision is not in accordance with immigration rules;

(b)that the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19B of the Race Relations Act 1976 (c. 74) (discrimination by public authorities) [F1or Article 20A of the Race Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1997] ;

(c)that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (c. 42) (public authority not to act contrary to Human Rights Convention) as being incompatible with the appellant’s Convention rights;
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ubamu2029: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Just an observation, why not appeal the initial application? Not unless I have missed something along the way.
84 Grounds of appeal
(1)An appeal under section 82(1) against an immigration decision must be brought on one or more of the following grounds—
(a)that the decision is not in accordance with immigration rules;
(b)that the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19B of the Race Relations Act 1976 (c. 74) (discrimination by public authorities) [F1or Article 20A of the Race Relations (Northern Ireland) Order 1997] ;
(c)that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (c. 42) (public authority not to act contrary to Human Rights Convention) as being incompatible with the appellant’s Convention rights;

To appeal on the grounds of Human Right will be tough. Since they removed the full right of appeal, they've not been fair to applicants especially families of those who are settled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:

To appeal on the grounds of Human Right will be tough. Since they removed the full right of appeal, they've not been fair to applicants especially families of those who are settled.

Your refusal was based on Section 84(1)(c)

I recently applied for my Mother in-law, Father in-law and Mother. All applications were granted. My mother in-laws circumstance is almost parallel to yours (but she has been to the UK numerously and never overstayed).
So I think, appeal should be your best way forward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
ubamu2029:

Justwise, do you suggest I change the length of visit to 1-2 months when I re-apply? Won't that be suspicious?

It will not as long as you explain why you want to reduce it to 2 months.....she has an aged husband who will need her attention, 4 months away maybe too much for the poor old man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2015
NaGodwin:

she has cac certificate of registration, local government annual levy receipt for last year and this year, invoices from her business except tax clearance, but she has tax receipt for last year.
do you advise that she should sponsor the trip alone? should i go ahead to give a letter indicating that i will pay for my kid sisters ticket?
should i transfer 200000 to her savings account so it will reflect on her statement or should i add my statement to hers?
knowing that i am not one of the applicants, will i be asked to prove source of funds in my account?
please what is your advise?

Let her get an updated tax certificate to increase her chances.

Rather than transferring money into her account you can add your bank statement with a note attacked explaining that is for your little sister who you will be sponsoring
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
NaGodwin:

will i need to prove source of funds? or will the letter and the bank statement alone be enough?

That should be enough, you don't need to move money around from/into your account, if you have 1 or 2M in your account present it like that and attach a letter explaining how much you will be contributing towards the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
If i intend staying for 14 days in the UK, will i be granted 6 months visa or just that 14 days. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.