Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981177 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pesuzok:
If i intend staying for 14 days in the UK, will i be granted 6 months visa or just that 14 days. Thank you

6 months (if approved).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 1:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

6 months (if approved).

Thank you for your response.

I actually intend to stay for 14 days. But in my application i filled 30 days should in case i am not able to travel on the day i have in mind.

This 30 days is now making the cost of hotel reservation so high up to 9,000 pounds.

So should i change to 14 days in my application since i will be given 6 months from the date in intend to visit the UK.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 1:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pesuzok:

Thank you for your response.

I actually intend to stay for 14 days. But in my application i filled 30 days should in case i am not able to travel on the day i have in mind.

This 30 days is now making the cost of hotel reservation so high up to 9,000 pounds.

So should i change to 14 days in my application since i will be given 6 months from the date in intend to visit the UK.

Thank you

If approved, your 6 months would count from date of issue and not your intended departure date.
£9000 for about a month? Is it the Dorchester you are looking to stay?
Cheaper holidays abound, that would change about £60.00 a night (much cheaper if booked in advance).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

If approved, your 6 months would count from date of issue and not your intended departure date.
£9000 for about a month? Is it the Dorchester you are looking to stay?
Cheaper holidays abound, that would change about £60.00 a night (much cheaper if booked in advance).

ok i get it.

I am travelling with my family, and besides i dont intend staying in the hotel. I just choose one that i can get reservation easily online.

If i apply now against travel date of august, and assuming i am given visa, will it start counting from now or from august.

Thank you for the clarifications
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
Pesuzok:

ok i get it.

I am travelling with my family, and besides i dont intend staying in the hotel. I just choose one that i can get reservation easily online.

If i apply now against travel date of august, and assuming i am given visa, will it start counting from now or from august.

Thank you for the clarifications

Best you apply about June, if your intended travel month is August.
And use the intervening months to collate and organize your documentations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 8:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
wow, it appears, the new rule is that some1 else cant collect ur passport/documents for you.

It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child.
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together.
Government Ministry representatives.
Business Network company representative, approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of permission and a photograph
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:49am On Feb 09, 2015
NaGodwin:

ok, thanks
there are some deposits in my account and that of my sister that has same depositors name, some huge amounts which comes from our family business outside her own personal bizness, but the business is not registered, its a loan stuff.
will there be a red flag if they see same depositors in my sisters account and mine?

When you have such transaction in your account use the blank space in the form to explain it as an additional info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NaGodwin: 8:15am On Feb 09, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Fredique(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2015
Hi JustWise

My wife (we've been married for 2 months) intends to make a UK visa application to travel with me on Easter weekend. It's her first application. I have a 5 year visa, which I have used to travel once every year since 2012. it will expire 2017.

1) Does she need to have a leave letter from her office since good friday and Easter Monday are puplic holidays?
2) Would stating that she will spend 3 nights only in the UK sound suspicious to the ECO?
3) Given that it is a very short stay, would an account balance of N1.2 million satisfy the financial preparation requirement. I'm the one sponsoring. The main expense would be flight return ticket which will cost us about N300k (using Arik at least). We plan to stay with my sister who lives with her husband.
4) She started work October last year. They don't give payslips in her office. How best can she present her income situation?
5) What advise do you reckon will give her application higher chances of success?
6) Do they verify account statements submitted from the issuing banks? If 'yes', is the verification just for the authenticity, or are they concerned about whether the amount in the balance has changed?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 3:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hello house, is it a good idea to include Bank deposit slips in my General Visitor visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beibybookie: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ladies and gents I silently followed for ages before applying just wanted to say thanks and I got my five year visit visa today.

So for any unemployed graduates awaiting NYSC all hope is not lost, because I thought I had no chance at all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
@justwise after 42 days, my mum got this message
UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that Teleperformance does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

I hope this is not a refusal because i have heard people say they will say the visa is processed and ready for collection if they have granted the visa. Hope to read from you. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
dalobaba:
@justwise after 42 days, my mum got this message
UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

Please note that Teleperformance does not know the outcome of the assessment and has played no role in the decision-making process.

I hope this is not a refusal because i have heard people say they will say the visa is processed and ready for collection if they have granted the visa. Hope to read from you. Thanks

Unfortunately one can not really say if she has been given or not until you collect your package.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Fredique:
Hi JustWise

My wife (we've been married for 2 months) intends to make a UK visa application to travel with me on Easter weekend. It's her first application. I have a 5 year visa, which I have used to travel once every year since 2012. it will expire 2017.

1) Does she need to have a leave letter from her office since good friday and Easter Monday are puplic holidays?
2) Would stating that she will spend 3 nights only in the UK sound suspicious to the ECO?
3) Given that it is a very short stay, would an account balance of N1.2 million satisfy the financial preparation requirement. I'm the one sponsoring. The main expense would be flight return ticket which will cost us about N300k (using Arik at least). We plan to stay with my sister who lives with her husband.
4) She started work October last year. They don't give payslips in her office. How best can she present her income situation?
5) What advise do you reckon will give her application higher chances of success?
6) Do they verify account statements submitted from the issuing banks? If 'yes', is the verification just for the authenticity, or are they concerned about whether the amount in the balance has changed?

Thanks

1. Yes she does.

2. You could state one week and stay only 3 days if given visa.

3. That amount is not bad as long as you budget moderately.

4. If payment from her company goes straightway into her account then she will be fine.

6....if you are submitting a genuine bank statement then you should not be asking that question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Fredique:
Hi JustWise

Thanks

1. Yes she does.

4. If payment from her company goes straightway into her account then she will be fine.

6....if you are submitting a genuine bank statement then you should not be asking that question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
justwise:

Unfortunately one can not really say if she has been given or not until you collect your package.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Fredique(m): 6:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
justwise:

1. Yes she does.

The bank statement is official and genuine. However, the closing balance may not be the same if they verify amount, though not below what i intend to spend on the trip. That's why I asked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 12:28am On Feb 10, 2015
I'm yet to get response from my last post, please mr wise respond na, is it good idea to include bank deposit slips in UK General visitor visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:39am On Feb 10, 2015
ulale:
I'm yet to get response from my last post, please mr wise respond na, is it good idea to include bank deposit slips in UK General visitor visa application?

I don't think it will make any difference, the source of that money will.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:42am On Feb 10, 2015
Fredique:

The bank statement is official and genuine. However, the closing balance may not be the same if they verify amount, though not below what i intend to spend on the trip. That's why I asked.

You will ruin your immigration record if you don't think carefully.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mhoreh: 9:39am On Feb 10, 2015
Hello House
please am a student on tier4 visa that started in september
my mum and brother wants to come and see me by middle of this year, what do they need to do and what documents would they be needing?
What do i need to do as well from my end
Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2015
mhoreh:
Hello House
please am a student on tier4 visa that started in september
my mum and brother wants to come and see me by middle of this year, what do they need to do and what documents would they be needing?
What do i need to do as well from my end
Thanks in advance
Yet another one asking about documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2015
justwise:

You will ruin your immigration record if you don't think carefully.

I think he means that he will spend out of the money in his account thus when they want to verify, the balance would be less.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2015
blank:

I think he means that he will spend out of the money in his account thus when they want to verify, the balance would be less.

Yes and that is misrepresentation, which means he lied about the amount available to him for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mhoreh: 1:00pm On Feb 10, 2015
Vicjustice:

Yet another one asking about documents
is that supposed to be a bad thing, did you read the message at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
Fredique:

You will not be penalised.

Given:

1. You intend to budget your trip on N1million (out of your N1.2million)

2. You are applying in April for a trip in August and naturally you will spend out of the money in your account for usual daily living and other credit inflows will enter your account also, say from April to the August trip date (Salaries)

Summary
Be truthful about the genuineness of the amount in your account and submit a conservative budget for your visa application. You never can tell, you may be checked up at your bank! Dont spend below your trip budget line (i.e following our example, at least, 150k can be spent btw April and August with a corresponding inflows too btw that period, leaving N1,050,000 at every point in time in your account)

The objective of the financial status check in the visa application is to ascertain that you have an healthy inflows and outflows of transactions on your account (indicating that you have the present ability to bankroll your trip) and also to ascertain that your bank account transactions are void of fraud or terrorism financing issues.(hence why they frown at unusually huge money lodgement that cant be explained)

I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shithapuns: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
shithapuns:
wow, that was fast, submitted last friday.got this msg from the uk visa people, and my wifey also got the same message.

Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days.

It appears we succeeded, going by past testimonies in the house!
so will likely go on Friday to pick up my visa/documents.
Thank God I didn't waste money paying for expedited visa,

IF I want to send some1 to help me collect it, is it possible?. apart from the collection slip and probably my passport data page, is there anyother thing I should give him?
I guess its too late to request for courier service?..I was thinking the visa would be ready next wk Friday or so, n had biz in lagos then embarassed embarassed

Ok. Picked up the visa tooday. My wife and i were succesful..thanks to the house for the tips

@ poster asking about amount in the bank..i think the main thing is not withdrawing cash in the acct to below what you filled is available for the trip. .eg if u say trip will cost 500k..and u put 1m as amt available for the trip., n lets assume u have 4m in ur acct...i believe u can withdraw upto 1 or 2m from same acct..as total amount is still above what u stated is available for the trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hackerd: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Good afternoon @justwise, My brother was refused visa and was told he has limited right to appeal. He was given ten years ban because the date of arrival stamped here in MM airport is different from the official date recorded by the commission. However, we noticed that his old passport ( the one that contained a 6 month visa and two 2 year visa, all expired) was not returned. Only the renewed passport was returned. Here is my question, Do they have the right to withhold the passport. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
hackerd:
Good afternoon @justwise, My brother was refused visa and was told he has limited right to appeal. He was given ten years ban because the date of arrival stamped here in MM airport is different from the official date recorded by the commission. However, we noticed that his old passport ( the one that contained a 6 month visa and two 2 year visa, all expired) was not returned. Only the renewed passport was returned. Here is my question, Do they have the right to withhold the passport. Thanks

They have the right to hold any documents that they consider to be part of a fraud.
What often happens is that the documents will be returned to Nigerian authorities for them to take further action.
However at this stage many documents seem to get lost and can no longer be traced.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
hackerd:

The passport will be returned to Nigerian immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hackerd: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Thanks do you think he can get it back. if so How can he get it?
justwise:

The passport will be returned to Nigerian immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
hackerd:
Thanks do you think he can get it back. if so How can he get it?

He needs to write the embassy first to know if it has been sent to the authorities, if yes then he has to visit the immigration office to request for it. Its up to them to decide whether to hand it over to him or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.