Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982271 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
Vicjustice:

Sure, the system will change for you as an S.A.H., that is Special Applicant of Honour

I smell Sarcasm here, I can sense it, it was an easy question, this kind of rules changes from time to time, anyway, I'm not the only one in here complaining about your harsh approach. Thanks Sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
thezionite:
Hello House,

@justwise @Vicjustice, i was granted a UK business visa last year for a business trip from Dec 1-5 which i ended up missing because my passport came back late to Teleperformance. I intend to use the same visa to visit family in the uk for 2 weeks.

My Question is Do i still tell them at the uk border that its a business trip or do i go ahead and say im visiting family even though its a business visa?

Thanks

This House played a major role in my getting the business visa in the first place.

Thanks @vicjustice, So its better i just stick with the business reason for travelling in the first place when i get to the border instead of telling them im visiting family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
thezionite:
Hello House,

@justwise @Vicjustice, i was granted a UK business visa last year for a business trip from Dec 1-5 which i ended up missing because my passport came back late to Teleperformance. I intend to use the same visa to visit family in the uk for 2 weeks.

My Question is Do i still tell them at the uk border that its a business trip or do i go ahead and say im visiting family even though its a business visa?

Thanks

This House played a major role in my getting the business visa in the first place.

What I would suggest you do is, build business leads prior to your journey. At the port of entry have varying documentations to prove(incase you have to answer questions).
You already have the visa, so read between the lines >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
ulale:

I smell Sarcasm here, I can sense it, it was an easy question, this kind of rules changes from time to time, anyway, I'm not the only one in here complaining about your harsh approach. Thanks Sir.
You knew that I have a "harsh approach" and yet you chose to ask me...?
Well, I don't have a "harsh approach" to those who ask reasonable questions, yet, i don't appreciate those who take undue advantage of the forum and abuse the generousity of the contributors by asking things that they either know the answer to, or the things that have been answered over and over and over again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
Lexusgs430:

What I would suggest you do is, build business leads prior to your journey. At the port of entry have varying documentations to prove(incase you have to answer questions).
You already have the visa, so read between the lines >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olugbode: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
I av started my visa applicatiojn for a visit to my cousin's wedding. Although i've received the visit invitation letter but I av a challenge filling the monthly income and cash at hand column as i dont really av a job now cos i wil b completing my NYSC tomoro. How will that affect my application or wat do u advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 10:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
Vicjustice:

Well, I don't have a "harsh approach" to those who ask reasonable questions, yet, i don't appreciate those who take undue advantage of the forum and abuse the generousity of the contributors by asking things that they either know the answer to, or the things that have been answered over and over and over again.

No matter how silly a question is or a question has been answered in here justwise will never be rude in his response or approach someone harshly, it's not everyone that have the capacity to start reading this thread from page 1 to page 282, and I'm sorry I'll never direct my question to you and if you think my question is silly don't bother responding to my post, just scroll down and pass, PEACE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
Hi guys,
I been following this forum for awhile but didn't know how to post a comment but found out today so yipiiis!
Anywaz I applied for UK tourist via with my mom(mom is d sponsor) on the 6th of dis month n we both got an email from teleperformance on the 16th that : UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.

And we got another like 15 minutes later that: Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the Teleperformance UK Visa Application Centre.

Am really scared cos of comments on such mails.

Plzzzz if there is any1 that has gotten their visa after such mails plz lemme know. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thezionite: 11:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
mizIvy:
Hi guys,
I been following this forum for awhile but didn't know how to post a comment but found out today so yipiiis!
Anywaz I applied for UK tourist via with my mom(mom is d sponsor) on the 6th of dis month n we both got an email from teleperformance on the 16th that : UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided.
And we got another like 15 minutes later that: Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the Teleperformance UK Visa Application Centre.
Plzzzz if there is any1 that has gotten their visa after such mails plz lemme know. Thanks

Thats typically the same email sent to everyone regardless of if you were issued a visa or not. The only way to find out is when you get your passport back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
mizIvy:
Hi guys,

Goodluck! Hope it's granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 12:37am On Feb 19, 2015
ulale:

Goodluck! Hope it's granted
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:10am On Feb 19, 2015
ulale:

No matter how silly a question is or a question has been answered in here justwise will never be rude in his response or approach someone harshly, it's not everyone that have the capacity to start reading this thread from page 1 to page 282, and I'm sorry I'll never direct my question to you and if you think my question is silly don't bother responding to my post, just scroll down and pass, PEACE.
Below are the quotes of our correspondences..., what did i say in it that is "RUDE" or "HARSH"?

By the sentiment expressed in your earlier comment, it is obvious that you already had a resentment (based on what you said others had complained about me), hence you turned an innocent humour into a "harsh approach".

Now, read these comments carefully and tell me what is "Harsh" or "Rude" in them

ulale:
Vicjustice said earlier in this thread that a business or Company must be registered for over a year before one can apply for visit visa with it, I hope the system changes because by the time I'll apply for my visit visa my company/business registration is 6-7 months Old, but was running the business for over 3 years.

Vicjustice:

Sure, the system will change for you as an S.A.H., that is Special Applicant of Honour

ulale:

Vicjustice:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 1:58am On Feb 19, 2015
Hi everyone.please I need your advice.I am applying for a visitors visa to attend my graduation in the uk but am not employed.my dad will be sponsoring the trip .I intend to travel for one week n stay in a hotel.do you think being unemployed will work against me considering I just finished my masters 4 months ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:10am On Feb 19, 2015
kayode85:
Hi everyone.please I need your advice.I am applying for a visitors visa to attend my graduation in the uk but am not employed.my dad will be sponsoring the trip .I intend to travel for one week n stay in a hotel.do you think being unemployed will work against me considering I just finished my masters 4 months ago.
It depends on how rich and influential your dad is, i mean, the visa officer must consider him wealthy enough in order to be convinced that you do not pose a threat to immigration: and he must have imposing financial power so as not to be affected by your travel costs: and ultimately, your dad must display reasonable interests in your travel plan and demonstrate why he is sending you abroad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uzhi(m): 4:37am On Feb 19, 2015
Good day @ all. Please help me with this info. I am a Nigerian, work nd live her. I have travelled out with my p/port to southafrica once (a year multiple entry visa) but i only stayed there for six days.
I earn 200k monthly, plus another daily income of 3k per day, pls with 800k balance on my account, can i apply for uk tourist visa ?
I am married nd not going with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 6:56am On Feb 19, 2015
thezionite:

Thats typically the same email sent to everyone regardless of if you were issued a visa or not. The only way to find out is when you get your passport back.
Okay thanks. Hopefully on Friday I will know my fate. Will let u know the outcome. Keeping my fingers cross.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2015
uzhi:
Good day @ all. Please help me with this info. I am a Nigerian, work nd live her. I have travelled out with my p/port to southafrica once (a year multiple entry visa) but i only stayed there for six days.
I earn 200k monthly, plus another daily income of 3k per day, pls with 800k balance on my account, can i apply for uk tourist visa ?
I am married nd not going with them.
"This is how it works; An acceptable bank statement must have up to six months transaction records demonstrating your income (from verifiable sources) and expenditures, and it must have good enough fund to sustain your trip and intentions, and also; it must have enough balance to keep you going after the trip: preferably, a Current account, Savings account, Salary or Wages account:
Importantly, you must be able to satisfy your Visa Officer that you have somewhat of an obligation or home tie to return to Nigeria for.
I regret to say that until your bank statements meet the standard format as explained, you will continue to get refused no matter how many times you applied or how much money you have in your accounts"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 1:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thanks,I guess at this point I have to keep my fingers crossed and wait for the outcome when I submit the application.
I appreciate the advice.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
Please who knows how I can make travel bookings in support of my application. Most sites ask for payment, and, without a visa yet,I consider it a big risk to make payment.
I would appreciate any suggestion.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
kayode85:
Please who knows how I can make travel bookings in support of my application. Most sites ask for payment, and, without a visa yet,I consider it a big risk to make payment.
I would appreciate any suggestion.thanks
You don't need to book a flight ticket, read the article in this link for the required information:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 1:56am On Feb 20, 2015
Collected my passport today and it's a refusal. Reason is that: "I note that the balance of your account has been augmented by the payment of a large deposit of 1,323.454.12. And you have provide no evidential documents that show the origins of the payment .
you have submitted no evidence of your sponsor's income financial commitments. I have therefore been unable to assess the impact the sponsorship would have on your sponsor's financial circumstances and whether such a sponsorship is viable and credible. I am not satisfied that evidence submitted confirms the ability of your sponsor to finance you as stated"

Plz gurus in the house helppp! Cos i submitted my sponsors bank statement which is around 21M, my bank statement of 1.3M and other supporting documents.

Am confuse right now cos I have no idea what they meant.

PS: in the case of the large deposit of the 1.323.454 they are talking about, that was the balance in my account at the end of October last year. I actually notice it on my account statement after I submitted my visa application that on the 1st week of November d whole money was debited from my account n later deposited back in few minute later, of which I have no idea of. I Actually thought the bank did that. And I'm refuse cos of that which is frustrating n I don't know what to do. And I will really like to reapply again soon

Plz help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifegy: 3:04am On Feb 20, 2015
mizIvy:
Collected my passport today and it's a refusal. Reason is that: "I note that the balance of your account has been augmented by the payment of a large deposit of 1,323.454.12. And you have provide no evidential documents that show the origins of the payment .
you have submitted no evidence of your sponsor's income financial commitments. I have therefore been unable to assess the impact the sponsorship would have on your sponsor's financial circumstances and whether such a sponsorship is viable and credible. I am not satisfied that evidence submitted confirms the ability of your sponsor to finance you as stated"

Plz gurus in the house helppp! Cos i submitted my sponsors bank statement which is around 21M, my bank statement of 1.3M and other supporting documents.

PS: in the case of the large deposit of the 1.323.454 they are talking about, that was the balance in my account at the end of October last year. I actually notice it on my account statement after I submitted my visa application that on the 1st week of November d whole money was debited from my account n later deposited back in few minute later, of which I have no idea of. I Actually thought the bank did that. And I'm refuse cos of that which is frustrating n I don't know what to do. And I will really like to reapply again soon

Plz help.

Can you get access to bank statements that would demonstrate the entire transaction, from start to finish? That might help explain what happened.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:19am On Feb 20, 2015
mizIvy:

Plz help.

Which is the simple reason we emphasis on this thread, check the documents you are submitting properly prior to submission.
Unfortunately,you armed them with a golden bullet to take aim!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2015
mizIvy:

Plz help.
Read this link, your answers are there:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2015
Vicjustice:

Read this link, your answers are there:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
I have read the thread from start to ending. N I never made the mistake of dispositing huge amount into my account or even clearing my account n puting d money back at anytime. I never did that.
But its shows in my statement that on a particular day in november my account was cleared to 0naira n d money was later deposited back in after a few minute. It didn't show who did d transaction, only some numbers code. I don't know if its my bank, I have never experience sometin like dis before. Please advice
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 11:54am On Feb 20, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Which is the simple reason we emphasis on this thread, check the documents you are submitting properly prior to submission.
Unfortunately,you armed them with a golden bullet to take aim!!!
Yah I know. Its my mistake I didn't check my bank statement before submitting.
But now I need advice cos I don't know to explain d problem in the bank statement to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
ifegy:

Can you get access to bank statements that would demonstrate the entire transaction, from start to finish? That might help explain what happened.
The bank statement I submitted was a 6months statement (september to feb) and every tin was okay except in that particular day in november. Which I never withdrew my whole balance n deposited it back in n I didn't even receive alert abt dis transaction but its shows in my statement. Which is strange n confusing to me n also the main reason of my refusal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by orike: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hi, my apologies skidding off topic but does anyone know where (in Nigeria, Port Harcourt) to take the current A1 test for UK Spouse settlement Visa?
Response appreciated,

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
mizIvy:

I have read the thread from start to ending. N I never made the mistake of dispositing huge amount into my account or even clearing my account n puting d money back at anytime. I never did that.
But its shows in my statement that on a particular day in november my account was cleared to 0naira n d money was later deposited back in after a few minute. It didn't show who did d transaction, only some numbers code. I don't know if its my bank, I have never experience sometin like dis before. Please advice
Thanks.
I guess i understand what you are talking about, but yet, such unexplained transaction puts your account in situation of money lodgement as the money was actually re-lodged into the account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by audreypatrick20: 3:25pm On Feb 20, 2015
Good Day Nairalanders...please i need clarification on my visa application documents to canada;
1. i have worked in a microfinance bank for over 4yrs, where i earn 180,000/month after tax. do i need to show tax clearance certificate as i do not have one. although the bank deducts tax from the workers salary (PAYE) which does reflects on my pay slip.
2. I intend to use my salary account with the microfinance bank, will the VO accept statement of account from my salary account with the bank? I currently have over N800,000 in my salary account with the microfinance bank and i intend to apply for a 2 weeks vacation to see my first cousin in canada.
3. food and accommodation will be taken care of by her, what document does she need to provide apart from her permanent residency card, utility bill and prove of where she works (her ID card).
4. my travel history includes; Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Benin republic and Togo
5. does she have to mail origonal copy of letter of invitation to me, or is the scanned signed copy okay??
6. my ties in nigeria are my husband and my work and couple with the fact that i will be travelling to UK with my husband by August this year.
apart from all these documents, i included; police clearance, marriage cert, to whom it may concern letter, letter of consent from my husband and utility bills of our present house of residence.

what else could be lacking, please i urgently need answers. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Vicjustice:

I guess i understand what you are talking about, but yet, such unexplained transaction puts your account in situation of money lodgement as the money was actually re-lodged into the account.
Thanks for replying. But what do I do now? I will be going to the bank on Monday to complain.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:00am On Feb 21, 2015
mizIvy:
Collected my passport today and it's a refusal. Reason is that: "I note that the balance of your account has been augmented by the payment of a large deposit of 1,323.454.12. And you have provide no evidential documents that show the origins of the payment

Plz help.

1.List those documents you submitted.

2. Do you work or own a business?

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.