Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981136 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2015
audreypatrick20:
Good Day Nairalanders...please i need clarification on my visa application documents to canada;
1. i have worked in a microfinance bank for over 4yrs, where i earn 180,000/month after tax. do i need to show tax clearance certificate as i do not have one. although the bank deducts tax from the workers salary (PAYE) which does reflects on my pay slip.
2. I intend to use my salary account with the microfinance bank, will the VO accept statement of account from my salary account with the bank? I currently have over N800,000 in my salary account with the microfinance bank and i intend to apply for a 2 weeks vacation to see my first cousin in canada.
3. food and accommodation will be taken care of by her, what document does she need to provide apart from her permanent residency card, utility bill and prove of where she works (her ID card).
4. my travel history includes; Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Benin republic and Togo
5. does she have to mail origonal copy of letter of invitation to me, or is the scanned signed copy okay??
6. my ties in nigeria are my husband and my work and couple with the fact that i will be travelling to UK with my husband by August this year.
apart from all these documents, i included; police clearance, marriage cert, to whom it may concern letter, letter of consent from my husband and utility bills of our present house of residence.

what else could be lacking, please i urgently need answers. God bless

Ask your question here https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modash(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2015
Please I wanted to inquire about Scottish pounds and if I can deposit it in my dom acct in Nigeria? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2015
Vicjustice:

You don't need to book a flight ticket, read the article in this link for the required information:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Thanks for the info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 11:50am On Feb 21, 2015
Trust everyone is having a weekend.Regarding the visitors visa for my graduation which my dad will be fully sponsoring, will his bank statement of 6 months, consent letter and my birth certificate suffice?His statement only shows withdrawals,no deposits. But the balance is over 12M.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
kayode85:
Trust everyone is having a weekend.Regarding the visitors visa for my graduation which my dad will be fully sponsoring, will his bank statement of 6 months, consent letter and my birth certificate suffice?His statement only shows withdrawals,no deposits. But the balance is over 12M.
Your dad will be sponsoring your application for visitor's visa to attend your own graduation in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 3:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
Vicjustice:

Your dad will be sponsoring your application for visitor's visa to attend your own graduation in the UK?

I meant the trip,not application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2015
justwise:

1the st those documents you submitted.

2. Do you work or own a business?
Thanks alot for replying.
The visa application was for tourist visa for my mother n I. And she is the one sponsoring the trip.
These are d supporting documents for her:
1.Company registration papers(she owns a guesthouse)
2. Two landed properties
3. Tenancy Agreement
4.bank statement(21m)
5. Treasury bill cert (19m)
6. Hotel reservasation for both of us.
7. Flight reservation
8. International passport
9.tax clearance cert
10. All certificate/receipts from the LGA she have her biz.

Mine documents are:
1. Bank statement(1.3m)
2. Employment letter
3. Payslips
4. Letter from my employer addressed to the embassy granting me vacation leave.
5. Int passport
6. Company I'd
7. Pictures of my mom n I together.

Those are the documents we submited
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 1:48am On Feb 22, 2015
Happy Sunday everyone. I have a number of issues that I need help with regarding my general visitors visa.To begin,I am applying for this visa so I can attend my graduation following successful completion of the program 4 months ago. However,my dad is my sponsor n he has sent a consent letter n his bank statement to me.On reviewing his bank statement today,I discovered it's a Domiciliary account with no activity for nearly six months but with a balance of over 12 million.I am a bit worried about the inactivity affecting my application negatively.And there is no evidence on d statement of the source of income.please any advice or am I just over thinking as he said.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 3:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Good day,
Please this is my first tym of applying for a UK Visa.
I have successfully filled the online for till i got to the stage of booking appointment were it said I had to pay online within 3 hours.

Please i want to find out at what stage of my application would i be required to submit my supporting documents?
Do I have to submit originals or just photocopies (Employment letter, Identification letters, payslips etc)
Please do I have to fill different set of forms for my Wife and 2 children duh i'm the sponsor?
Do I have to click on the "applying for others" button to fill their forms?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:25am On Feb 22, 2015
nonoski:
Good day,
Please this is my first tym of applying for a UK Visa.
I have successfully filled the online for till i got to the stage of booking appointment were it said I had to pay online within 3 hours.

Please i want to find out at what stage of my application would i be required to submit my supporting documents?
Do I have to submit originals or just photocopies (Employment letter, Identification letters, payslips etc)
Please do I have to fill different set of forms for my Wife and 2 children duh i'm the sponsor?
Do I have to click on the "applying for others" button to fill their forms?

Submission of documents, are strictly originals.
Your original documents would accompany you, when you select a date on the online portal
Everyone applying for a visa, unfortunately has to fill a form
Applying for others, yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 3:48am On Feb 22, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Submission of documents, are strictly originals.
Your original documents would accompany you, when you select a date on the online portal
Everyone applying for a visa, unfortunately has to fill a form
Applying for others, yes.
Thank you for the prompt response, please do I need to fill all the sections even for a child visa coz some (most of the questions) are not applicable.
Is it while submitting my originals that i can attach a document explaining certain details?

Do i have to have hotel reservations and airline ticket reservation when i'm submitting the originals?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 5:00am On Feb 22, 2015
mizIvy:

The bank statement I submitted was a 6months statement (september to feb) and every tin was okay except in that particular day in november. Which I never withdrew my whole balance n deposited it back in n I didn't even receive alert abt dis transaction but its shows in my statement. Which is strange n confusing to me n also the main reason of my refusal.

if i may chip here.

1. go to the bank an d get any explntion from them why the transaction was made on your account...come and tell us the explanation here, lets analyse, if its a good explanation you can include it as a short note in the next application.

2. ur bank balance of 1.2m is enough for u to be granted visa, if you must include ur spouse balance of 21m, you need to proof the source of the funds...by including his employment letter if employed or his buisness docs/tax documents if he is a biz man.

include a short letter explaining all this in ur next application.
the uk peeps have a check list.....once you fail even 0.5 of them...they den u visa sharp sharp...so you can pay money again and reapply...they know nigerians will always reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 5:08am On Feb 22, 2015
nonoski:

Thank you for the prompt response, please do I need to fill all the sections even for a child visa coz some (most of the questions) are not applicable.
Is it while submitting my originals that i can attach a document explaining certain details?

Do i have to have hotel reservations and airline ticket reservation when i'm submitting the originals?

Any aspect you feel is irrelevant, put an N/A in the section.
If you have issues you want to explain, a special notes section is suffice for that. After filling the special section, explain documents you have attached to buttress your explanation.
Accommodation arrangements have to be included in your application(flight tickets bookings are not required @ point of applications).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2015
earthrealm:

if i may chip here.

1. go to the bank an d get any explntion from them why the transaction was made on your account...come and tell us the explanation here, lets analyse, if its a good explanation you can include it as a short note in the next application.

2. ur bank balance of 1.2m is enough for u to be granted visa, if you must include ur spouse balance of 21m, you need to proof the source of the funds...by including his employment letter if employed or his buisness docs/tax documents if he is a biz man.

include a short letter explaining all this in ur next application.
the uk peeps have a check list.....once you fail even 0.5 of them...they den u visa sharp sharp...so you can pay money again and reapply...they know nigerians will always reapply

Yah u r right. I will go to the bank tomorrow for an explanation will definitely tell d forum whatever they say.
N thanks alot, the short letter u mention makes a lot sense.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2015
mizIvy:

Yah u r right. I will go to the bank tomorrow for an explanation will definitely tell d forum whatever they say.
N thanks alot, the short letter u mention makes a lot sense.
Make them give a reply in writing, so that you have a record.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2015
kayode85:
Happy Sunday everyone. I have a number of issues that I need help with regarding my general visitors visa.To begin,I am applying for this visa so I can attend my graduation following successful completion of the program 4 months ago. However,my dad is my sponsor n he has sent a consent letter n his bank statement to me.On reviewing his bank statement today,I discovered it's a Domiciliary account with no activity for nearly six months but with a balance of over 12 million.I am a bit worried about the inactivity affecting my application negatively.And there is no evidence on d statement of the source of income.please any advice or am I just over thinking as he said.
Can anyone please offer me advice regarding my post.My appointment is in 2 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2015
mizIvy:

The visa application was for tourist visa for my mother n I. And she is the one sponsoring the trip.
2. Two landed properties
3. Tenancy Agreement
4.bank statement(21m)
7. Flight reservation
9.tax clearance cert

Mine documents are:
1. Bank statement(1.3m)
2. Employment letter
3. Payslips
5. Int passport
6. Company I'd

Is your mum's bank statement a business one or private? Does she pay tax yearly fron her business?

Did you submit your salary account or another bank statement different from your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2015
kayode85:

You don't need to worry about the inactivity in his account, get documents to back up the source of that money....his payslip and salary account if he works
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
justwise:

You don't need to worry about the inactivity in his account, get documents to back up the source of that money....his payslip and salary account if he works
Thanks for responding to my query.He has an employment letter and a salary account,but most of the money in the domiciliary account was from savings accrued prior to this present job.So his present salary will not suffice as the source of money in his domiciliary account.
Any advice as to what to do,please?Should he just attach a covering letter explaining it's from his previous jobs?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
kayode85:

Thanks for responding to my query.He has an employment letter and a salary account,but most of the money in the domiciliary account was from savings accrued prior to this present job.So his present salary will not suffice as the source of money in his domiciliary account.
Any advice as to what to do,please? Should he just attach a covering letter explaining it's from his previous jobs?

He needs to do that and also give you his payslip and salary account as a proof of his source of his income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hi please my 6months visa will be expiring around may 18th , is it advisable to apply for 2years renewal this around march cause I spent just a month and 2weaks in the 6months visa I got.. I heard its possible tho... Please you advice you thankful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
obipyper:
Hi please my 6months visa will be expiring around may 18th , is it advisable to apply for 2years renewal this around march cause I spent just a month and 2weaks in the 6months visa I got.. I heard its possible tho... Please you advice you thankful.

Regardless of the length of time you used on the visa, reapplication can be undertaken upon expiration of the previous(you used the visa and did mot overstay).
A positive outcome is not always a guarantee. So submit your application, including all supporting documentation and keep your fingers crossed!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 1:17am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 1:44am On Feb 23, 2015
From my experience, I guess you were denied for two reasons; failing to explain the huge transaction that seem like lump sum and failing to explain your relationship with your mum (your sponsor).

I had a similar experience the last time I filed for visa application; I noticed a same day debit and credit transaction of 1.65m on my account statement. When I enquired from my bank, I was told that the debit and credit was because the balance in my account was moved from one branch to another. So while filling my VISA application form; I included this in the space available for comments: "please note that the transaction of dd-mmm-yyyy of 1.65m on my bank statement was bank induced. Although the net impact on my account is nil, I thought it wise to explain that I never initiated the transaction. You may want to contact my bank for further enquiries on this". The application was successful; my family and I were granted the visa.

Secondly, I also think (I may be wrong) that pictures; though important, may not be convincing enough that the person in the picture is your mum. You may need to include your birth certificate if it contains your mum's name plus a letter from your mum, stating that she intends travelling with you (her daughter) plus pictures showing you and your mum over time. Your babyhood through till now.

My own contribution.. Best of luck...

mizIvy:

2. Two landed properties
3. Tenancy Agreement
4.bank statement(21m)
7. Flight reservation
9.tax clearance cert

Mine documents are:
1. Bank statement(1.3m)
2. Employment letter
3. Payslips
5. Int passport
6. Company I'd

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temi127: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Good morning house, please does anybody know if there 's any difference in the visa processing time between the ikeja centre and the vìctoria island centre.? Pls Its kinda urgent...thank you...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 9:44am On Feb 23, 2015
worry359:

Make them give a reply in writing, so that you have a record.
Just got back from the bank and they said its an upgrade of my account dats y the bank had to debt n redeposit. N they apologise n said I should come for a letter to that effect.
So hopefully the letter can can help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
justwise:
Is your mum's bank statement a business one or private? Does she pay tax yearly fron her business?

Did you submit your salary account or another bank statement different from your salary account?

Its a personal bank statement. She pay yearly tax but personal tax.

I submitted my personal account cos dats d only account i have .My company pay my salary into my personal account.
When I stated working with them, they only pay in chaque or cash but I talked to them to rather pay in my account. So dats what they bin doing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Please house I want to apply for a UK tourist visa, please how do I go about it. The link pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by browngirl10: 11:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site but I'm a big fan.
Now I had to join in order for me to ask this question.
I wanna visit the UK this April, I've read through the general visitors page but I need some clearance on the following points.

1) I work as an executive marketer for a pharmaceutical company ( just got promoted last month)

2) take home after tax is 150 but will be 200 this month end due to new salary.

3) I currently have 200 in my savings account which is my salary account as well

4) sometimes some lump sum ( like 500) gets to my account from hubby but it's not sitting in my account. I normally spend it all.

5) I'll be paid 100 for my leave allowance.

6) And recently my boss said I was due for some bonus ( huge amount like 200) cos she told me if I make up to10 million naira sale on a particular drug I'll get 2 % bonus .

Now my question is,
1)won't all this money be seen as money lodgement

2) what are the chances of the result being positive cos I plan on using hotel reservation cos all the uncles that can write invitation letter are saying they don't have good bank statement. .

I'll appreciate all of your response. Just wise and all. Thanks.

NB: my boss is willing to writ a letter concerning the bonus and leave allowance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 23, 2015
[quote
author=cindynwagbo post=31000087]Please house I want to apply for a UK
tourist visa, please how do I go about it. The link pls.[/quote] uk with their wahala too, if u av good account and better document to back ur app thats fine cos uk will always trace everything u tender to them, do u av any travelling experience?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
adeekiti:
uk with their wahala too, if u av good account and better document to back ur app thats fine cos uk will always trace everything u tender to them, do u av any travelling experience?
No I don't still a virgin visa. What's my chances

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.