Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980462 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kayode85: 1:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
adeshtech:

Thank you.

I just checked the hotel now it has been fully booked for that period. i am supposed to go with some other people and they have applied for visa with the booked hotel. can i book another hotel now to accommodate all of us ( which was what we had before). or just book for my self alone
Were u all meant to share the same room?Think u sud book yours but remember the hotel has to be in close proximity to where u ll be visiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tbaby2015: 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
tbaby2015:
Hello all,
How do I do a family application on the new UK visa appl page. Need to apply as a family and have our appointments together. Pls assist urgently. Need to submit today unfailingly. Thanks

@vicjustice, @Justwise please help out here. My kids are both below 10yrs, will they need to fill different forms and book appointments too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
tbaby2015:

@vicjustice, @Justwise please help out here. My kids are both below 10yrs, will they need to fill different forms and book appointments too?

Yes make separate application for them, you submit all during your appointment, they don't need to have separate appointment. All the application will be in one folder as a family. They will go with you for submission and biometric.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tbaby2015: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
justwise:

Yes make separate application for them, you submit all during your appointment, they don't need to have separate appointment. All the application will be in one folder as a family. They will go with you for submission and biometric.

Ok. Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Agbashole: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
@justwise, goodday. Please I wouldike to know what route to take. I intend to write the PLAB 1 exam in Manchester in June 2015 but I learnt that visas are not issued for that purpose cos it is not recognised as a professional exam. Someone suggested i take the guise of attending a medical conference in order to secure the visa while someone else suggested I apply as a visitor going on vacation. My question now is wouldn't I be rejected for the vacation visa bearing in mind I'm married with two kids and not taking my family along for vacation? I really need your advice. More questions will follow please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 6:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Oh!am sorry about that.had my system set on cap forgot to remove it before typing...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 6:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
worry357:
gigi24:
Don't post all in CAPITALS
It looks like you are shouting and is ignorent!
didn't mean to sound dis way...had my system set on cap...sorry about dis...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeshtech: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hi guys,

i booked appointment for a hotel and it has been cancelled but i have booked another one. i have already filled the old address in my application and submitted. can i just correct the print out with PEN or can i just submit the cancelled booking along side with the new booking.

its urgent please

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Tranquill: 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
please how long does it take between filling the form online and getting an appointment to submit hardcopy of the application and interview at the visa centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Vicjustice:

This issue of "spending more than 2 months salaries" is usually when the applicant doesn't have much money as account balance, but if the applicant has substantial amount of verifiable sum in his account, he can actually get the visa even if the cost of the trip will take 10 months salaries: there are people who have 5 million in their account even though they earn 80k monthly
thanks Justwise &Vicjustice. I am looking a depositing 600k in my account for 6 months! I have proofs for this fund as loan grant. What do you advice bosses. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:14am On Apr 10, 2015
adeshtech:
Hi guys,

i booked appointment for a hotel and it has been cancelled but i have booked another one. i have already filled the old address in my application and submitted. can i just correct the print out with PEN or can i just submit the cancelled booking along side with the new booking.

its urgent please

Thank you
No need to tamper with the print-out form with a pen, just submit the cancelled booking along side with the new booking and explain the development as additional information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeshtech: 7:56am On Apr 10, 2015
Vicjustice:

No need to not tampered the print-out form with a pen or it, just submit the cancelled booking along side with the new booking and explain the development as additional information

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daramolavo: 8:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Hello guys,

Apart from the TB test certificate, do I still need to do any other medical test or have any medical clearance before going to UK for settlement. I will be leaving soon, I have never travelled to Cotonou not to talk of UK so I dont want to get cut up in any avoidable mess.

Please advice house.

@Justwise - Kindly give advice on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 8:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Gud morning pple.
Pls I need answers @justwise and everybody in the house.
Tank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2015
daramolavo:
Hello guys,

Apart from the TB test certificate, do I still need to do any other medical test or have any medical clearance before going to UK for settlement. I will be leaving soon, I have never travelled to Cotonou not to talk of UK so I dont want to get cut up in any avoidable mess.

Please advice house.

@Justwise - Kindly give advice on this.

No, TB test certificate is all you need for now...but do you have your visa already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Apr 10, 2015
gigi24:
Gud morning pple.
Pls I need answers @justwise and everybody in the house.
Tank u

Please edit your post, can't read that big font size
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Agbashole:
@justwise, goodday. Please I wouldike to know what route to take. I intend to write the PLAB 1 exam in Manchester in June 2015 but I learnt that visas are not issued for that purpose cos it is not recognised as a professional exam. Someone suggested i take the guise of attending a medical conference in order to secure the visa while someone else suggested I apply as a visitor going on vacation. My question now is wouldn't I be rejected for the vacation visa bearing in mind I'm married with two kids and not taking my family along for vacation? I really need your advice. More questions will follow please. Thanks

I think PLAB 1 exam can be done in Nigeria, you can only get a visa for PLAB 2 exam. Though somebody here asked the same question about two weeks ago, read about two pages back...if i see the post i will paste it here, the person was able to get a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2015
lokia:

Good day house

i made enquires here some while ago. was advised by all and im glad to inform you that i got my visa last week. ALL PRAISES DUE TO God and thanks to help i got from this group. @justwise, @StudyAbroadUk, @jsldirect, @esosa4real, i did as you guys said. included my savings and salary account plus my wifes account details. wrote a letter explaining my ajo ie local credit and thrift society. including other ocuments as advice and i got my vis. thank you oonce again and GOD BLEES YOU

@Agbashole this is the ID^ i was talking about, he applied for visa for PLAB 1 exam and was given. Click on his profile and read his posts and replies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Agbashole: 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
@justwise please I need your advice, it's urgent pleeease
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
justwise:

I think PLAB 1 exam can be done in Nigeria, you can only get a visa for PLAB 2 exam. Though somebody here asked the same question about two weeks ago, read about two pages back...if i see the post i will paste it here, the person was able to get a visa.

justwise:

@Agbashole this is the ID^ i was talking about, he applied for visa for PLAB 1 exam and was given. Click on his profile and read his posts and replies.
justwise:

Agbashole:
@justwise please I need your advice, it's urgent pleeease
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daramolavo: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
@Justwise

Thanks for your response. My visa was approved and i have picked it up during the week . But the TB test expired March 10 last month. Do I need to go for another test and keep but the old and new one with me during the journey?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
daramolavo:
@Justwise

Thanks for your response. My visa was approved and i have picked it up during the week . But the TB test expired March 10 last month. Do I need to go for another test and keep but the old and new one with me during the journey?

Did it expire while you were waiting for the outcome of your visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Agbashole: 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
@justwise thanks I've seen it. I actually wrote PLAB 1 in march here in naija but was not successful and the next possible time to resit in naija is November which is too far for me, that's why I tot to go write in the uk. Can I use the option of attending a day's conference in the uk to secure a visa in order to write the exam? There's actually a conference scheduled for the same date as the exam. Pls reply as soon as you get this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daramolavo: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
@Justwise

Yes. it expired while i was waiting for the visa application outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2015
hoomogh:
thanks Justwise &Vicjustice. I am looking a depositing 600k in my account for 6 months! I have proofs for this fund as loan grant. What do you advice bosses. Thanks
@ Justwise &Vicjustice, please advise me, am I making sense by going this route? Waiting for ur responses
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:45am On Apr 11, 2015
hoomogh:
@ Justwise &Vicjustice, please advise me, am I making sense by going this route? Waiting for ur responses

Not a good idea, you don't take a loan to fund foreign holiday, you can take a loan to fund studies or medical treatment but not holiday. Budget within your earned salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 9:29am On Apr 11, 2015
justwise:

Not a good idea, you don't take a loan to fund foreign holiday, you can take a loan to fund studies or medical treatment but not holiday. Budget within your earned salary.
Ok, how do I defend a huge sum in my account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Apr 11, 2015
hoomogh:
Ok, how do I defend a huge sum in my account?

Providing the source

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mikkyphp(m): 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hello Justwise,

i was wondering how much cash is required to be with me for a 7day trip to UK. will i be asked to produce this at the Nigerian Airport and at Heathrow?

i was billed to travel on feb14, but due to personal issues, i had to reschedule my trip for april. i also booked a different hotel.

is there anything wrong with this? i hope these are not red flags.

kindly inform if there are other things to be weary of at the point of entry.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
mikkyphp:
Hello Justwise,

i was wondering how much cash is required to be with me for a 7day trip to UK. will i be asked to produce this at the Nigerian Airport and at Heathrow?
i was billed to travel on feb14, but due to personal issues, i had to reschedule my trip for april. i also booked a different hotel.
is there anything wrong with this? i hope these are not red flags.

NEVER produce cash in Nigerian airport or they will try to steal it off you!
You may be asked at point f entry into UK to show sufficient funds, but they will not try to steal it.

With your accomodation just make sure the reservation is real and that is has not been cancelled because you did not pay.
It must be valid on the day you travel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by daramolavo: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
justwise:

Did it expire while you were waiting for the outcome of your visa?

Yes. it expired while i was waiting for the visa application outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 6:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
justwise:

Please edit your post, can't read that big font size
@justwise am stil waiting on your response
Please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.