Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982905 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
ojay007:
Hi Guys,

Good job you're doing. I got my first visa to Uk with help from you guys. Now, i want to renew my visa but i just need some clarification.

I learnt one can apply up to 3 months before the intended date of travel.
I have completed the online form but am not sure if i should submit now April 16th 2015, and go ahead to book appointment & pay because the date of travel i have is 18th July 2015.

Please will appreciate some advice.

Yes that is true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by agborodun: 6:51am On Apr 17, 2015
Hellooo, am having challenges paying for my uk visa application online.. I have completed d form but my Gt bank card is not going through . pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2015
agborodun:
Hellooo, am having challenges paying for my uk visa application online.. I have completed d form but my Gt bank card is not going through . pls help

spikesC will help you with that, or check his posts and see where he answered related questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by agborodun: 8:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by agborodun: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:

spikesC will help you with that, or check his posts and see where he answered related questions

Thanks.. I will check.. If anybody still have d answer to this,he/she should feel free to post.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2015
agborodun:

Thanks.. I will check.. If anybody still have d answer to this,he/she should feel free to post.

You will get an answer from people who have made online visa payment...be patient
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Padike: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2015
justwise:

When did you track it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Apr 17, 2015
Padike:

Iv gotten it yesterday, thanks

Ok cool.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 9:09am On Apr 17, 2015
hello guys, good morning all. i received a survey mail from ukvi yesterday and i am yet to hear anything since then, i thought the survey mail is supposed to come after the decision mail...have not even gotten a confirmation from them that they've received my application...please @vicjustice, justwise, et al, what's your opinion on this.. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2015
agborodun:

What exactly is the problem? What does it say when you try to pay with it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Good morning friends..i want to apply to visit friend in uk.am a studnt ipmc studnt database studnt.my friend in uk got her statement and every requirement needed on her part.buh my part can a rich friend in usa sponser my trip yeah shes really ready to send me her statement and everythng to sponser my trip because she will buy me airticket and everythng abt my trip.am applyin frm ghana can it be possible for usa white friend sponser my trip to uk?and if yeah how will she do the affidavid of support letter in usa court?thanks GOD BLESS U
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 2:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
Danito2:
Good morning friends..i want to apply to visit friend in uk.am a studnt ipmc studnt database studnt.my friend in uk got her statement and every requirement needed on her part.buh my part can a rich friend in usa sponser my trip yeah shes really ready to send me her statement and everythng to sponser my trip because she will buy me airticket and everythng abt my trip.am applyin frm ghana can it be possible for usa white friend sponser my trip to uk?and if yeah how will she do the affidavid of support letter in usa court?thanks GOD BLESS U
The last time you told this tale your rich female friend was in the UK!
The woman is 48years old and a british citizen living with her partner andy..the woman talk to my dad everyday on phone she has taken me as her son.she knows my family well my little brother and my dad and everybody in my family.
You were refused with your fathers account.
You were refused with your uncles account.
Now you propose to use a strangers account!
I think that you have submitted so many confused and desparate visa applications that you are a total red flag at the visa office.
I believe that you have very little chance of getting a visa now!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
They will ask you to submit your passport for visa
@justwise..tank u very much for your response but pls i would like a more detailed information on how judicial review works....starting from when the review has been granted but a date hasnt been picked yet for the hearing of the case in court...tanks so much.i hope am not asking for too much.
i await your prompt response..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
worry357:
gigi24:
Don't post all in CAPITALS
It looks like you are shouting and is ignorent!

@ worry 357 i already editted my post ...pls responfd..tank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
gigi24:

@justwise..tank u very much for your response but pls i would like a more detailed information on how judicial review works....starting from when the review has been granted but a date hasnt been picked yet for the hearing of the case in court...tanks so much.i hope am not asking for too much.

What type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by afoxunlimited: 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
i hail everybody in the house ooo. am new here, pls i need urgent reply. i applied for uk visa in 2014 twice in 6 months interval i was refused twice. mainly on the grounds of money logdements that i didnt explain where the other funds are coming from, which it was stated in my employment offer that i recive 25percent of any money that comes thru me to the firm. i work with a law firm so they wrote a rewiew i submitted in d embassy in lagos for which they havnt reply me for the pass 6 months so i went to the embassy a staff nw told me that day still maitain their formal desicion that i should attache all the document to my new application . they act as my solicitor and employer, they explain tp them again of 25percent i recive as the origin of other funds in the acct , we now add all company invoice we gave to the clients that came tru me as evidence. pls what are my chances if i applied again. @justwise and all pls coment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deekaykay: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hi everyone
I was always sneaking in and reading posts on here... I learnt a few stuffs, and I must say thanks to everyone who comes on here to share experiences... Anyways, I applied for a 6 months general visitor visa on march 20, 2015, and i got a decision after 6 days.. mail got in on d 31st. I opened it. Omo.. refusal! Reason, i didnt put documents supporting i have a second job.. ok, i am a doctor earning salaries from 2 hospitals. Bt i decided to put documents for only one cos d other one is a part time job.. i tried to be silent on it, bt it reflected on my acct statement. I was pained.. so, immediately, i reapplied. Finished application on april 1. Took it to tls in abuja on april 7, nw with all my docs. Everything! Got a decision mail on the 14th april. Got the post via courier today, 17th April. Gbam... Visa issued.. Thanks yall. I hope dis encourages everyone.

Do i add that they sent me a mail about some survery 2 days ago b4 i got my visa. I felt that was a good sign cos i dont think they shd be tryna get me pissed if i am refused again, and they r needing my help for a survey....

Anyways, i am happy... i hope to travel soon.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
deekaykay:
Hi everyone
I was always sneaking in and reading posts on here... I learnt a few stuffs, and I must say thanks to everyone who comes on here to share experiences... Anyways, I applied for a 6 months general visitor visa on march 20, 2015, and i got a decision after 6 days.. mail got in on d 31st. I opened it. Omo.. refusal! Reason, i didnt put documents supporting i have a second job.. ok, i am a doctor earning salaries from 2 hospitals. Bt i decided to put documents for only one cos d other one is a part time job.. i tried to be silent on it, bt it reflected on my acct statement. I was pained.. so, immediately, i reapplied. Finished application on april 1. Took it to tls in abuja on april 7, nw with all my docs. Everything! Got a decision mail on the 14th april. Got the post via courier today, 17th April. Gbam... Visa issued.. Thanks yall. I hope dis encourages everyone.

Do i add that they sent me a mail about some survery 2 days ago b4 i got my visa. I felt that was a good sign cos i dont think they shd be tryna get me pissed if i am refused again, and they r needing my help for a survey....

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
afoxunlimited:
i hail everybody in the house ooo. am new here, pls i need urgent reply. i applied for uk visa in 2014 twice in 6 months interval i was refused twice. mainly on the grounds of money logdements that i didnt explain where the other funds are coming from, which it was stated in my employment offer that i recive 25percent of any money that comes thru me to the firm. i work with a law firm so they wrote a rewiew i submitted in d embassy in lagos for which they havnt reply me for the pass 6 months so i went to the embassy a staff nw told me that day still maitain their formal desicion that i should attache all the document to my new application . they act as my solicitor and employer, they explain tp them again of 25percent i recive as the origin of other funds in the acct , we now add all company invoice we gave to the clients that came tru me as evidence. pls what are my chances if i applied again. @justwise and all pls coment

I did not understand that section of your post. Can you explain that again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
deekaykay:
Hi everyone

congrats!!!... please did you carry out the survey before you got your visa, i got a survey mail yesterday and i'm yet to receive a decision... me i wan ignore the survey mail oh...until i see the decision...lol.
once again, congratulations!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deekaykay: 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hercules

I didnt finish d survey, bt i did a few. Got stuck at a point cos it was hanging.. the subsequent page wldnt load. Bt i think if u got that survey email, they have made a decision, and mkst likely, a good one. My other friend got a survey mail during his last application. He got the visa. Also, the decision mail from teleperformance came in d same day the visa was issued by UKVI.

So, just do the survey. It wont affect anything, bt it will help dem serve u and others better in d future.

I hope dt helps. Prayer helps too.. ok, i fasted too. No jokes. Lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deekaykay: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Agborodun

I dnt knw hw to reply to posts on here sha.. maybe justwise will put me thru. Anyways, agborodun shd go to his bank and ask them to help him activate internet banking on his atm card. Its also much easier with mastercard. So, visit your bank. I had similar issues. Had to transfer fund from my visa card to my mastercard b4 i cld pay online with my secure code and ish...
Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
@JUSTWISE

i give God all the glory and i appreciate you so much for your timely advise towards my UK settlement visa.

despite the initial hiccups of having my first passport returned because of damaged photo on the biodata page.
i picked up my passport at Teleperformance on the 7th of april 2015. i was pleasantly surprised with a 2/9months visa.

i bought my ticket same day and travelled the next day.

trying to settle down. pursuing my NI numbers and driving license.

Cheers and God bless you real good!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by emmanuel2k11(m): 10:34am On Apr 18, 2015
emmanuel2k11:
@JUSTWISE

i give God all the glory and i appreciate you so much for your timely advise towards my UK settlement visa.

despite the initial hiccups of having my first passport returned because of damaged photo on the biodata page.
i picked up my passport at Teleperformance on the 7th of april 2015. i was pleasantly surprised with a 2/9months visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Apr 18, 2015
emmanuel2k11:
@JUSTWISE

Congratulations! Happy for you. NL takes no time to be sorted out

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2015
justwise:

What type of visa did you apply for?
@justwise i applied for a student visa for a pre masters programme.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
gigi24:

Administrative review does not involve tribunal hearing, an appeal does. AR is handled by Entrance Clearance Manager(ECM), the ECO basically go through the ECO's refusal points and your AR statement to see if you have been unfairly denied a visa.

If the ECM's decision favours you then ou will be asked to submit your passport for visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by afoxunlimited: 12:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
@justwise thanks for your response, what i meant is this that since i worked for a law firm, they wrote a pettion or rewiew to the embassy so they acted as a laywer to me, they nw refer them to my employment letter which that is stated that i recive 25percent of money of any work that came tru me to the firm, we nw attached d recipts the firm gave to the client i brought to the firm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
justwise:

Administrative review does not involve tribunal hearing, an appeal does. AR is handled by Entrance Clearance Manager(ECM), the ECO basically go through the ECO's refusal points and your AR statement to see if you have been unfairly denied a visa.

If the ECM's decision favours you then ou will be asked to submit your passport for visa.
@justwise i already passed throught that stage since last year after i was refused th ecm uphelp d decison of the ECo
so i took the case to the upper tribunal(judicial review)the judicial review was granted by the judge that looked at my case sayin the reasons for refusal where unreasonable...and asked i paid some amount to proceed with the proceedings in court
a date has not been picked yet for the hearing.
tank you for you time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gigi24: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
@JUSTWISE,the i would like to know how the judiciary works...as i was told that since the judge has decided the first stage in my favour that home office would back out of the case knowin fully well they dont stand a chnce at winning the case.pls @justwise i would like to know how true this is. just curious cause this case has been on since september last year.....tank u so very much for your time God bless u with more wisdm to continue helping pple like me grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
gigi24:

@justwise i already passed throught that stage since last year after i was refused th ecm uphelp d decison of the ECo
so i took the case to the upper tribunal(judicial review)the judicial review was granted by the judge that looked at my case sayin the reasons for refusal where unreasonable...and asked i paid some amount to proceed with the proceedings in court
a date has not been picked yet for the hearing.
tank you for you time.

Who is representing you in this case? Did you choose oral or paper hearing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
afoxunlimited:
@justwise thanks for your response, what i meant is this that since i worked for a law firm, they wrote a pettion or rewiew to the embassy so they acted as a laywer to me, they nw refer them to my employment letter which that is stated that i recive 25percent of money of any work that came tru me to the firm, we nw attached d recipts the firm gave to the client i brought to the firm.

What is the outcome of the petition?

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.