Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982114 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mk1234: 12:46pm On May 08, 2015
justwise:

Did you have any problem with your school? Missed some lectures etc? Or you graduated without any prob?
Hi Guys,

I'm an Indian, Currently living in UK on Student Tier 4 Visa, (my Visa period: 23/08/2012 until 30/05/2015), recently immigration people caught me in Job and told me i'm illegal and served me a ' Notice of Removal' I told I've got visa till this month ending and also told I've finished my course (Masters Degree). But they said you finished your course early than expected, so I should leave UK (the rules have changed called 'Curtailment of Leave'). The served notice contains ('You are specifically considered a person who has overstayed their period of granted leave because you were issued with a student visa from 23/08/2012 until 30/05/2015). On 22/10/2014 you were notified that your leave had been curtailed and would expired on 24/12/2014 due to the early completion of your studies). I was shocked and soon came out of that and I replied I don't know about all these and I haven't informed about that. But they said we have sent you both letter and Email about the curtailment of leave with new expiry date, But I don't and I asked them to show the evidence. But they don't listen and they took my passport with them because I've already booked my flight ticket to go back to India on 26/05/2015. So that's why They left me and took only my passport and asked me to collect passport on that day at airport immigration office'. I'm totally disappointed about the whole incident and being felt insulted.

Now my question is,
1. Are they going to put any Stamps on my Passport? (Red Stamps/Entry Denied or anything)
2. Are they going to serve any forms like IS15A etc., (even I don't know about what form it is, but I've seen some Q&A about these forms)
3. Are they put any Ban on Me?
4. Can I appeal this In India or UK?

Please anyone can advise me and also thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On May 08, 2015
mk1234:
Hi Guys,

I'm an Indian, Currently living in UK on Student Tier 4 Visa, (my Visa period: 23/08/2012 until 30/05/2015), recently immigration people caught me in Job and told me i'm illegal and served me a ' Notice of Removal' I told I've got visa till this month ending and also told I've finished my course (Masters Degree). But they said you finished your course early than expected, so I should leave UK (the rules have changed called 'Curtailment of Leave') The served notice contains ('You are specifically considered a person who has overstayed their period of granted leave because you were issued with a student visa from 23/08/2012 until 30/05/2015). On 22/10/2014 you were notified that your leave had been curtailed and would expired on 24/12/2014 due to the early completion of your studies). I was shocked and soon came out of that and I replied I don't know about all these and I haven't informed about that. But they said we have sent you both letter and Email about the curtailment of leave with new expiry date, But I don't and I asked them to show the evidence. But they don't listen and they took my passport with them because I've already booked my flight ticket to go back to India on 26/05/2015. So that's why They left me and took only my passport and asked me to collect passport on that day at airport immigration office'. I'm totally disappointed about the whole incident and being felt insulted.

Now my question is,
1. Are they going to put any Stamps on my Passport? (Red Stamps/Entry Denied or anything)
2. Are they going to serve any forms like IS15A etc., (even I don't know about what form it is, but I've seen some Q&A about these forms)

Please anyone can advise me and also thanks in advance

Did you have any problem with your school? Missed some lectures etc? Or you graduated without any prob?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mk1234: 1:02pm On May 08, 2015
Yes, I got My Masters Degree Certificate (MSc Electronic Engineering)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:17pm On May 08, 2015
mk1234:
Yes, I got My Masters Degree Certificate (MSc Electronic Engineering)

Curtailment of Leave don't just happen...This is usually the result of the University making a report to the Home Office, via the Home Office Sponsor Management system, against a specific CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) which has been used to apply for a Tier 4 visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mk1234: 2:28pm On May 08, 2015
So, what to do now? Any how I've already booked my ticket with my own expense and they allowed me to travel on the same day

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2015
mk1234:
So, what to do now? Any how I've already booked my ticket with my own expense and they allowed me to travel on the same day

When you are served with Curtailment of Leave you are expected to leave the UK within 60days but in your case that date has expired and you were served with another one which has also expired too...

The only valid argument you have now is that you did not receive the notice and they can't prove it.

I don't know if you will be banned(but i doubt since you have booked a ticket already with your money)

I don't know if you can appeal it but when you get to the airport speak to immigration about that. they will explain to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ujugirl88(f): 3:09pm On May 08, 2015
Pls can a state government stand as one's sponsor for a UK tourist visa?pls I need answers ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:19pm On May 08, 2015
ujugirl88:
Pls can a state government stand as one's sponsor for a UK tourist visa?pls I need answers ASAP

That will be difficult to justify why they want to sponsor you and not other workers (if you work with them)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ujugirl88(f): 3:24pm On May 08, 2015
How? I don't get u, so are u saying it's not possible
justwise:

That will be difficult to justify why they want to sponsor you and not other workers (if you work with them)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2015
ujugirl88:
How? I don't get u, so are u saying it's not possible

Almost impossible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ujugirl88(f): 3:41pm On May 08, 2015
Ok
justwise:

Almost impossible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ujugirl88(f): 4:14pm On May 08, 2015
@ justice,pls are you a travel consultant? Just wondering how u get to know so much abt visa etc
ujugirl88:
Ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2015
ujugirl88:
@ justice,pls are you a travel consultant? Just wondering how u get to know so much abt visa etc

Nope...more of a hobby than anything else.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mk1234: 4:39pm On May 08, 2015
Thanks for your reply, you are saying that you were served with another one which has also expired too...

Whats that second one, I didn't understand about that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennyrony(m): 4:47pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:
Hello, Please Have a friend going for a month Training in UK but was denied
I will like to ask how long he can stay before re applying. Thanks
Pls a answer 2 dis question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:

Pls a answer 2 dis question

What was the reason/reasons for the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennyrony(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2015
justwise:

What was the reason/reasons for the refusal?

A university in Nigeria wer he work is sponsoring him through (ETF). but you know school processing, it going to take weeks before its approved. so he decided to use his company account cos he also has a company.

He said he was denied because
1. He did not use is salary account
2. He did not include his pay in slip
3. That he as to get a letter from ETF.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:

A university in Nigeria wer he work is sponsoring him through (ETF). but you know school processing, it going to take weeks before its approved. so he decided to use his company account cos he also has a company.

He said he was denied because
1. He did not use is salary account
2. He did not include his pay in slip
3. That he as to collect letter from ETF.
Thanks

Sponsoring him for a study in the UK or holiday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennyrony(m): 5:40pm On May 08, 2015
justwise:

Sponsoring him for a study in the UK or holiday?
Studies. It just a month training program
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:

Studies. It just a month training program

He needs to apply for student visitors visa and not ordinary visiting visa.

Since his university is sponsoring he it's important that he gets letter of sponsorship from them, plus other documents you listed above
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennyrony(m): 5:54pm On May 08, 2015
justwise:

He needs to apply for student visitors visa and not ordinary visiting visa.

Since his university is sponsoring he it's important that he gets letter of sponsorship from them, plus other documents you listed above
Ok... thanks. so if he get d document ready he can reapply immediately. Cos he was denied last month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:

Ok... thanks. so if he get d document ready he can reapply immediately. Cos he was denied last month

Yea he can reapply anytime
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:08pm On May 08, 2015
kennyrony:

I he wants to succeed he must very clearly put right the thing for which he was rejected last time.
or he will just be rejected again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennyrony(m): 6:17pm On May 08, 2015
worry357:

I he wants to succeed he must very clearly put right the thing for which he was rejected last time.
or he will just be rejected again.
Pay Slip, Salary SOA, and Letter of sponsorship doesn't take decade before getting

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bhmng: 8:58pm On May 08, 2015
Abeg, seeing as ojay is probably flying high in the sky right now to reply, can someone pls help me with my questions...??

How much is the 2yr visa? Is there a 1yr visa? Because I don't see that in the list. Did you have to specify why you needed one or your travel history was enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ojay007(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2015
passionup11:

Ok. Thanks. Do U have any travel experience?

Hi, Yes I do have some travel histo. It was renewal for 2yrs I did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ojay007(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2015
bhmng:
Abeg, seeing as ojay is probably flying high in the sky right now to reply, can someone pls help me with my questions...??

How much is the 2yr visa? Is there a 1yr visa? Because I don't see that in the list. Did you have to specify why you needed one or your travel history was enough?

Hi, sorry just seeing this now. 2yrs cost me over 100k but itz $505 so it depends on the exchange rate your bank uses. The least visa is 6months.
I had 6months visa last year so I just renewed with 2yrs now and I didn't have to explain why I wanted 2yrs.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 3:28am On May 09, 2015
Hello again. Just to revisit my question, in my reapplication for a visit visa (after 5 months), is it wise to just submit my salary account statement with a closing balance of about 1M+ when in my prior application, I submitted both my salary (0 balance) and savings account (with 1.5M balance but with an unexplained deposit)? My plan is to only submit my salary account as it has sufficient funds for the last 4 months. Appreciate all your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kd26: 5:11am On May 09, 2015
worry357:

This has happened to several people recently. DO NOT get in a panic about it. If you did not intend to work then ignore it, don't get stressed trying to change it.
If you do want to work those ten hours, check with your school when you get here.
Don't panic and don't get stressed, it's not important.

So is it ok to travel without taking any action?There will be no problem on arrival in uk/immigration dept? I plan to inform after i reach uk but right now only worried about arrival.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:53am On May 09, 2015
mk1234:
Thanks for your reply, you are saying that you were served with another one which has also expired too...

Whats that second one, I didn't understand about that

If 26/05/2015 is the new agreed date then you got no problem but you don't have any ground for appeal because you have finished your course and stayed more than 4 months extra
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2015
kd26:

So is it ok to travel without taking any action?There will be no problem on arrival in uk/immigration dept? I plan to inform after i reach uk but right now only worried about arrival.

Thank you.

Bro you don't have any problem, you don't need to worry about POE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.