Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981695 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mimichy(f): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hello Admin,
My name is Miriam. I must confess that you guys are doing a great job. Please i will like to know the required IELTS test for uk spouse visa and the minimum score required too. Some say its the life skill while others say general training for UK Visas and Immigration. please i will appreciate your response because my husband wants to apply for me immediately after our court marriage later this month. Thanks and God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
mimichy:
Hello Admin,
My name is Miriam. I must confess that you guys are doing a great job. Please i will like to know the required IELTS test for uk spouse visa and the minimum score required too. Some say its the life skill while others say general training for UK Visas and Immigration. please i will appreciate your response because my husband wants to apply for me immediately after our court marriage later this month. Thanks and God bless.

I'm not really sure about this but you will get an answer here https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/116#823869.3743
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
bodegold:
Hello Admin, my name is Bode, im new to nairaland, please i just need an advice or a response to guide me in what to do. I have overstayed my uk visa by two years plus and i intend to go back to Nigeria, i did register at a GP on a shorter form of my name, not the full name i used to gain entry and i have never used the NHS service before, just registered should in case i fall ill or something which i never did. should i disclose everything as it is at the Home office or i can simply dont mention it since i never used the service, will my name pop up in anyway and will that have an effect in anyway on me.

Also would like to ask, a solicitor told me the duration ban is just formality, that with the new immigration laws in effect now, if one is banned, one will never be granted a visa to the Uk again. What do you reckon on this please?
Lastly, is there a need for the ETD, as my passport is expired aswell or i will be able to travel with my expired passport, i know i will be banned with the stamp on it aswell.

Many thanks.
Since you never used the NHS then it's okay, you don't need to bother about that.

Getting a visa again surely will be difficult but I'm not sure if it's an indefinite ban.

No you don't need ET you can travel with your Nigerian passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
bigfido:
no it is not a business trip. it is a vacation. unless i am stating that the company is paying for the vacation

Then your spending money for the trip has to come from your savings account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mimichy(f): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2015
please does any other person have info about IELTS exam as it concerns UK Visas and Immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adamaxelle: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2015
Please help!!!! I just submitted my UK application and then discovered a few mistakes. Can I resubmit or do I have to go to the embassy to cancel the application??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
adamaxelle:
Please help!!!! I just submitted my UK application and then discovered a few mistakes. Can I resubmit or do I have to go to the embassy to cancel the application??

Have you submitted the hard copy at the visa centre ?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
mimichy:
Hello Admin,
I guess you want to know if you need to take IELTS Academic or IELTS General test?
IELTS Academic test is for anyone going for studies. You're expected to take IELTS General for visitor visa since someone is inviting you there. You're expected to make at least 5.0 out of 9.0 in the test. General test is a lot easier than academic and 5.0 is also lower than 6.5 required for academics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2015
Cancel the damn thing immediately, better than rejection. Then reapply. There's no way you can edit an already finalised application. You can only reschedule an appointmen, not resubmit visa application.
adamaxelle:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
naijamark:
Cancel the damn thing immediately, better than rejection. Then reapply. There's no way you can edit an already finalised application. You can only reschedule an appointmen, not resubmit visa application.

That is not true, mistake can be corrected on the printout before submitting at the visa centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
Okay, please note @adamaxelle
justwise:

That is not true, mistake can be corrected on the printout before submitting at the visa centre.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu4life(m): 11:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Hey OP, need ur assistance. What are the requirements/details one need for a visit to UK? Plus someone will be sending an IV, wat is done to be able to get it? The only thing I know is my international passporr. Any other requirement?

Cc Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizbee: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2015
Good morning to u Justwise. Please, I was refused a visa about few weeks ago based on the point that I didnt explain wat and were I will be visiting and dat I also didnt explain d inflow of huge cash in my savings account ( I do dis contribution/ajo but dont av any docs as backup) and dat I state dat I do get certain amount at d end of d month but it doesnt reflect in my account as per d amount. I own my business and also do av a business account. I started running d business just last year January so I dont av any tax clearance yet. The only docs I have is my Business Registration Cert, my passport( has a US Visa on it not used yet) and my SOA.
My area of concern is dis, I was sent an invitation from a friend, I do have about 950k in my account and am sponsoring myself for d trip but my friend will take care of both d accommodation and feeding. Am scheduled for an appointment for next week but on d form der is a part dat states " If someone other than myself is paying for all or any part of the visit and how much will they give" PLS IS IT A YES OR A NO because am really confuse and how can I correct the mistake am yet to print d application out. Please, kindly help a sister. Wudnt want to be refused again. Are der any chances of refusal. I already explained in d additional info dat I deal with direct cash from clients and do deposit in my account and also explained d places I will be visiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 11:33am On Jun 02, 2015
Dear Justwise,

Please what is the difference between Standard Visa and General Visitor Visa. I am going on conference.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
zoomzu:
Dear Justwise,

Please what is the difference between Standard Visa and General Visitor Visa. I am going on conference.

Thank you.

That is what you need. It covers conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
olu4life:
Hey OP, need ur assistance. What are the requirements/details one need for a visit to UK? Plus someone will be sending an IV, wat is done to be able to get it? The only thing I know is my international passporr. Any other requirement?

Cc Justwise

All the info you need it here, just take your time and read through this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
mizbee:
Good morning to u Justwise. Please, I was refused a visa about few weeks ago based on the point that I didnt explain wat and were I will be visiting and dat I also didnt explain d inflow of huge cash in my savings account ( I do dis contribution/ajo but dont av any docs as backup) and dat I state dat I do get certain amount at d end of d month but it doesnt reflect in my account as per d amount. I own my business and also do av a business account. I started running d business just last year January so I dont av any tax clearance yet. The only docs I have is my Business Registration Cert, my passport( has a US Visa on it not used yet) and my SOA.
My area of concern is dis, I was sent an invitation from a friend, I do have about 950k in my account and am sponsoring myself for d trip but my friend will take care of both d accommodation and feeding. Am scheduled for an appointment for next week but on d form der is a part dat states " If someone other than myself is paying for all or any part of the visit and how much will they give" PLS IS IT A YES OR A NO because am really confuse and how can I correct the mistake am yet to print d application out. Please, kindly help a sister. Wudnt want to be refused again. Are der any chances of refusal. I already explained in d additional info dat I deal with direct cash from clients and do deposit in my account and also explained d places I will be visiting.

I understand your concern but what you need to do is to select No and use the additional info page to state that you will be staying with your friend who sent you the IV.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu4life(m): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

All the info you need it here, just take your time and read through this thread.
Haaaa u haff kee me o. Where I wan start from?! undecided
329 pages!!! cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizbee: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

I understand your concern but what you need to do is to select No and use the additional info page to state that you will be staying with your friend who sent you the IV.

How do I go about correcting it on my application form? Because I already answered Yes and have also confirmed my appointment but am yet to print out d application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2015
mizbee:

How do I go about correcting it on my application form? Because I already answered Yes and have also confirmed my appointment but am yet to print out d application. Thanks

Correct it on the printout and make a note attach to your application. I understand that one can not edit the online form after submission, so all you can do is to close the Yes and tick No then use extra paper or sticky note to explain the mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizbee: 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

Correct it on the printout and make a note attach to your application. I understand that one can not edit the online form after submission, so all you can do is to close the Yes and tick No then use extra paper or sticky note to explain the mistake.

Thanks so much Justwise. I really do appreciate ur prompt reply. wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by whizkidy: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
@justwise, do you know if am going to get the same passport no if I renew the current one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
whizkidy:
@justwise, do you know if am going to get the same passport no if I renew the current one?

It will be a different passport number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by whizkidy: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

It will be a different passport number
ok. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OmoAje1: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2015
Hello House,

PLEASE AM TRYING TO FILL ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FOR A FRIEND BUT I saw this " Please note from 11th May you will need to pay an additional fee of £59 (approximately 18,000 Naira) to use the application centre at Ikeja. This will be collected on-line at the same time as the visa fee".

Is it any other Centre one can apply without paying this additional fee.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizbee: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
OmoAje1:
Hello House,

PLEASE AM TRYING TO FILL ONLINE VISA APPLICATION FOR A FRIEND BUT I saw this " Please note from 11th May you will need to pay an additional fee of £59 (approximately 18,000 Naira) to use the application centre at Ikeja. This will be collected on-line at the same time as the visa fee".

Is it any other Centre one can apply without paying this additional fee.

Thanks

You can use the Victoria Island centre. You only need to pay the visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 4:56am On Jun 03, 2015
mizbee:

You can use the Victoria Island centre. You only need to pay the visa fee.
hello...sorry pls how much exactly is the visa fee for a visiting visa...Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oyejohn: 6:32am On Jun 03, 2015
Good day, Mr Just wise, My wife and 8months old daughter would be applying for a visit visa to the UK. Do I need to fill a separate form for my daughter since I have filled all her info as a dependant traveling with my wife. Do I need to fill a fresh application for her? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2015
naijamark:

I guess you want to know if you need to take IELTS Academic or IELTS General test?
IELTS Academic test is for anyone going for studies. You're expected to take IELTS General for visitor visa since someone is inviting you there. You're expected to make at least 5.0 out of 9.0 in the test. General test is a lot easier than academic and 5.0 is also lower than 6.5 required for academics.
i've never taken IELTS General for a visitors visa before, abeg when did they start this one?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2015
bigfido:
no it is not a business trip. it is a vacation. unless i am stating that the company is paying for the vacation

my mum was once refused a uk visa and the reason was she was taking money from a business account to fund a personal vacation to the uk, that was the only reason given, even though she submitted her savings account statement and dollar account statement along side the business account, afterwards she addressed the issue and she was granted, if you own your personal business you have to be quite explicit enough because the Lagos ECO's don't joke at all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2015
naijamark:

I just noticed this misinformation now because of Chloe7's post. This is wrong as there is no English language test for visiting visa applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2015
chloe7:
i've never taken IELTS General for a visitors visa before, abeg when did they start this one?

You are right that information is wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.