Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (976132 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2015
zoomzu:
The Gurus in the house, your guide is humbly solicited on my application. I was refused U.K visa in 2013. My cousin who is a Briton invited me. All my papers were genuine but was refused on the basis that I did not explain the basis of some fund I deposited in my account towards filling that application. I earn 100k per month. I was investing on housing project then so money don't really stay in my account until towards the filling of the application.

I was given an appeal option but did not bother to appeal because my leave would have lapsed by the time the visa would be given.

Now, my office is sponsoring two Of us to a (5 days conference, all expenses paid by the office including, conference fee, hotel with DTA of 300USDollar per day. My question now is that

1. Are we to put our documents together in one envelope. All payments were made by the office with single receipts with our names jointly written on them for the conference and Hotel.

2. We have combined reference letter from the office.

3. We have single office Bank Statement.
4. Do we need to include photographs of official engagements, group photographs with VIP's we work with.
5. Do we have to include other personal documents (for a married man like me with kids)
6. I have personal savings account apart from my salary account though I do not have much balance in it but huge amount of money comes in and out often for supply business I does.

Please, I need your guide. God bless as you take your time to help.

1. Yes you can file all the application in one envelop but you have to apply individually the same day so as to get the same submission date.

2. Your office can give each person a copy of the reference letter or make a photocopy of one for each applicant

3. Same with Q 2

4. Yes you can do that.

5. Not necessarily but your salary account and payslip need to be included, including other materials you mentioned will not harm your application.

The most important aspect here is the space for additional info in the form, use that to explain that you are attending a conference with your colleagues sponsored by your company and mention names of those your colleagues traveling with you, each person need to do the same so as to link the applications, giving conflicting info in the form will not help your application. You and your colleagues need to seat together and do the application so as to provide the same info. Apart from your personal details all other info will be the same including cost of the trip and how much available for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2015
JADESOLA15:
Hi guys, I have bn going through the comments on here and i must say that you guys are superb. I need you guys to help me with this, I was denied UK visa last year August cos the VO felt he was not convinced that I can sustain myself while in Uk and that I will return home after the visit that was sponsored by my employer. Then my salary was not fantastic, shortly after that refusal I was promoted to Head of Foreign Trade Unit of my company with basic salary of 150,000, official car, 10k recharge card monthly, free Accommodation and other freebies. Fast forward to 2015, I was given shengen business visa and in March I visited Italy, France and Germany on official assignment to negotiate for machineries, but my passport was only stamped in and out in Frankfurt. Now a company in UK is manufacturing Machines for us in Kent, and the company has mandated me to go to UK to see these machines as Head of Foreign Trade. My question is what are my chances? The UK company has sent IV letter to my company. I have so many heavy transactions/transfer in my personal account bn payment for personal runs I'm doing aside the company to make hustle pay. My company has a policy of giving managerial position salary through issuance of cheque and not payment into a particular account. How do I explain this in my application? I also help some companies in China to source for customers in Nigeria, and they have paid me 1000usd, 975usd and 800usd as my commission in the last few months. I also work as a consultant with a firm in Abuja here, and they pay me per hour, at times I get 50k in a month,a times 60k etc. can I add this information considering it is an official assignment? I equally have a salon that I opened before I applied last year, but it just started bringing good money, even though salon is registered but no account for the salon, I use my personal account presently. I'm married with a kid, and my wife works with PWC. Kindly advice please on how to go about this. Thanks in advance
You stand a better chance this time around because your situation has changed from the last time you applied.

Apply with your salary account, payslip, documents from the UK company and your company's supporting documents. If i missed anything then ask.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 9:31am On May 21, 2015
zoomzu:
B
Justwise, please I need your respond.

@Justwise @DisGuy Thanks for your response, I really appreciate. This the area where I have issue
""My company has a policy of giving managerial position salary through issuance of cheque and not payment into a particular account. How do I explain this in my application? I also help some companies in China to source for customers in Nigeria, and they have paid me 1000usd, 975usd and 800usd as my commission in the last few months. I also work as a consultant with a firm in Abuja here, and they pay me per hour, at times I get 50k in a month,a times 60k etc. can I add this information considering it is an official assignment? I equally have a salon that I opened before I applied last year, but it just started bringing good money, even though salon is registered but no account for the salon, I use my personal account presently""

Pls advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On May 21, 2015
JADESOLA15:

@Justwise @DisGuy Thanks for your response, I really appreciate. This the area where I have issue
""My company has a policy of giving managerial position salary through issuance of cheque and not payment into a particular account. How do I explain this in my application? I also help some companies in China to source for customers in Nigeria, and they have paid me 1000usd, 975usd and 800usd as my commission in the last few months. I also work as a consultant with a firm in Abuja here, and they pay me per hour, at times I get 50k in a month,a times 60k etc. can I add this information considering it is an official assignment? I equally have a salon that I opened before I applied last year, but it just started bringing good money, even though salon is registered but no account for the salon, I use my personal account presently""

Pls advice. Thanks

Since your company is paying for everything considerate on your salary payment system, explain it in the form just the way you did here

Do you pay the cheque directly to your salary account every time you are paid?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 10:17am On May 21, 2015
justwise:

Since your company is paying for everything considerate on your salary payment system, explain it in the form just the way you did here

Do you pay the cheque directly to your salary account every time you are paid?

Thanks @Justwise, I pay the cheque into my personal account[b]. Same account that i have so much personal inflow[/b] So you mean no need to add info about those companies I consult for and also the company that normally pay me from china through my dom account?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:00am On May 21, 2015
JADESOLA15:

Thanks @Justwise, I pay the cheque into my personal account[b]. Same account that i have so much personal inflow[/b] So you mean no need to add info about those companies I consult for and also the company that normally pay me from china through my dom account?

Thanks

Ok i get that now...in that case you need to explain things using the additional info page.

A paragraph is enough to give a brief explanation starting from your previous refusal to things that have changed since the last time you applied.....basically stating that...you applied for visa in 20XXX and was refused based on financial reasons that but since that time you have been promoted and salary increased and that you have traveled to A,B and C countries on official duties and now traveling to the UK on another official duty. That you also have other smaller business you do and you explain them like you did here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 11:25am On May 21, 2015
justwise:

Ok i get that now...in that case you need to explain things using the additional info page.

A paragraph is enough to give a brief explanation starting from your previous refusal to things that have changed since the last time you applied.....basically stating that...you applied for visa in 20XXX and was refused based on financial reasons that but since that time you have been promoted and salary increased and that you have traveled to A,B and C countries on official duties and now traveling to the UK on another official duty. That you also have other smaller business you do and you explain them like you did here.

@Justwise, you be baba agbalagba o, you made everything so easy to comprehend. double tuale for you, owo meji fenikan(dont mind me, just street slangs) Thanks so much, I really appreciate. I will feed you guys back on the outcome later. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2015
JADESOLA15:

@Justwise, you be baba agbalagba o, you made everything so easy to comprehend. double tuale for you, owo meji fenikan(dont mind me, just street slangs) Thanks so much, I really appreciate. I will feed you guys back on the outcome later. Cheers

All the very best bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smoothmellow: 2:20am On May 22, 2015
HELP, i was refused last year April and a friend of mine living in the UK a citizen to be precise said he is going to provide all the necessary document from there including his bank statement and co. i want to be sure if they'll give me this time because i already said i have nobody there in my first application, Secondly i said i was working but he insisted i should say i'm doing my masters presently so i'll be able to get some letters and school receipts to back the application up.. Plz what should i do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 5:13am On May 22, 2015
justwise:

1. Yes you can file all the application in one envelop but you have to apply individually the same day so as to get the same submission date.

2. Your office can give each person a copy of the reference letter or make a photocopy of one for each applicant

3. Same with Q 2

4. Yes you can do that.

5. Not necessarily but your salary account and payslip need to be included, including other materials you mentioned will not harm your application.

The most important aspect here is the space for additional info in the form, use that to explain that you are attending a conference with your colleagues sponsored by your company and mention names of those your colleagues traveling with you, each person need to do the same so as to link the applications, giving conflicting info in the form will not help your application. You and your colleagues need to seat together and do the application so as to provide the same info. Apart from your personal details all other info will be the same including cost of the trip and how much available for the trip.

Many thanks Justwise, I will update you on the progress of the application. We are awaiting the telex copy all the payments as at present. As soon as the payment has been confirmed by the conveiner of the conference and the Hotel, filling will commence. You are highly appreciated .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2015
zoomzu:

Many thanks Justwise, I will update you on the progress of the application. We are awaiting the telex copy all the payments as at present. As soon as the payment has been confirmed by the conveiner of the conference and the Hotel, filling will commence. You are highly appreciated .

All the very best with the preparation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 2:15am On May 23, 2015
justwise:

3. Same with Q 2

4. Yes you can do that.

@Justwise, you will continue to grow in wisdom. Quick one please, you did not answer the part where I asked if I my personal savings account statement should be included in the application.

2. My director recently transfer almost 300k into my salary account with is name clearly indicated do some personal purchases for him. Do I have to write anything one this part in the additional page.

3. On the progress of the application, all our payment have been acknowledged, a form was sent to us to fill and to also send the scanned copy of our Intl Passport data page for a letter from them.

Look forward to hearing from you.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by capsie18: 7:04am On May 23, 2015
Hello house, please a friend wants to pay me a visit in the uk for about 3 weeks or thereabout in June/Jully and she doesn't know how to go about the whole process. I would appreciate a step by step process of the whole requirements, advice and how long the visa process would take. Prof Justwise and other great gurus in the house, help a brother. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by festop2002: 12:50pm On May 23, 2015
Thank you
Vicjustice:

These stories of acaccumulation of funds or compilation of money is not what the Visa Officer wants to hear, they would prefer to see that you are not one who needs financial assistance to travel for tourism: so, be concerned that your sources of income and it's documentation is the main focus.
ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by festop2002: 12:50pm On May 23, 2015
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:12pm On May 23, 2015
capsie18:
Hello house, please a friend wants to pay me a visit in the uk for about 3 weeks or thereabout in June/Jully and she doesn't know how to go about the whole process. I would appreciate a step by step process of the whole requirements, advice and how long the visa process would take. Prof Justwise and other great gurus in the house, help a brother. Thanks

All you need to do is to give your friend this link all the info is here

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2015
zoomzu:

@Justwise, you will continue to grow in wisdom. Quick one please, you did not answer the part where I asked if I my personal savings account statement should be included in the application.

2. My director recently transfer almost 300k into my salary account with is name clearly indicated do some personal purchases for him. Do I have to write anything one this part in the additional page.

3. On the progress of the application, all our payment have been acknowledged, a form was sent to us to fill and to also send the scanned copy of our Intl Passport data page for a letter from them.

Look forward to hearing from you.

God bless Nigeria.

1. Submit your salary account but if you have other payment going into the same account that is significant enough to attract suspicion then explain it

2.yes you need to briefly explain that in additional information section.

You don't need to worry much about affordable here since your company is paying, adding your salary account will only act as your tie to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 23, 2015
OL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:32pm On May 23, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
JUSTWISE BABA, PLS I NEED UR HELP, MY YOUNGER SISTER JUST GOT ADMISSION TO POLAND AND SHE HAS ALREADY STARTED PROCESSING THE VISA BUT THE ONLY THING WE NEED NOW IS THE STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT WITH OVER €30,000 PLS WHO AND HOW DO U THINK I CAN GET ACCOUNT FROM (I.E AGENT) PLS HELP ME

Humanbeing1st:
JUSTWISE OR WHATEVER IS DAT UR NAME? I TOT U ARE MORE SENSIBLE AND A MORE MATURE MAN BUT I CAN NOW DERIVED THAT UR ARE MORE A SENSELESS FELLOW THAN I TINK U ARE. I ASK U A QUESTION HERE YESTERDAY AND U DECIDE CALL IT A JOKE INSTEAD I TRY AND CREATE A POST MYSELF TO ASK NAIRALAND MYSELF BUT YOU FOOOOL WENT TO DELETE THE POST. ANY ARE FREE TO BAN ME I CAN OPEN AS MANY ACCOUNT AS I WANT. U DIS OLD FOOL.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chadelicious: 9:30pm On May 23, 2015
Hello house, pls i nd ans to d ff questions concerning uk visit visa
1. Ow much minimum is reasonable to be in ur bank acct wen applying for uk visitor's visa
2. Ow mch wud b d total estimated expenditure(flight ticket, visa fee, int passport etc)
3. Is it possible to gather all necessary docs n apply a month b4 ma leave commences which wud likely b august?

NB. I intend to visit ma sis in d Uk altho i intend to sponsor maself as she wud only b taking care of ma accomodation n feeding, ma sal is btw 80-100k mnthly as an associate staff which i tink may already b a disadvantage, i was denied uk student visa abt 8 yrs ago.

Pls i really nd ans so as to know weda to postpone ma visit to a later time, tnx

Cc: justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pidggin(f): 11:29pm On May 23, 2015
JADESOLA15:

Thanks
The inflow of cash into your account must be explained. Some people have been refused for having too much unexplained funds in their account. Ask the companies you consult for to give you contract agreement for your service, they can also write reference letters to support your application. For the cheques you are paid, submit copies of the checks you were paid, and ask your company to write about this in the reference letter they will give you. Submit your original employment letter so that the Eco will see the terms of your payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pidggin(f): 11:36pm On May 23, 2015
chadelicious:
1. Ow much minimum is reasonable to be in ur bank acct wen applying for uk visitor's visa
2. Ow mch wud b d total estimated expenditure(flight ticket, visa fee, int passport etc)
3. Is it possible to gather all necessary docs n apply a month b4 ma leave commences which wud likely b august?

NB. I intend to visit ma sis in d Uk altho i intend to sponsor maself as she wud only b taking care of ma accomodation n feeding, ma sal is btw 80-100k mnthly as an associate staff which i tink may already b a disadvantage, i was denied uk student visa abt 8 yrs ago.

Pls i really nd ans so as to know weda to postpone ma visit to a later time, tnx

1) There is no specified minimum amount for a visit visa application
2) For visa fee information visit www.Gov.uk. For cost of flight ticket, it depends on the flight you choose to use and the season(in summer tickets are usually higher). For passport info, visit any Immigration office near you
3) Yes you can put all necessary documents and apply a month before your leave starts

Also please note that 80K to 100K salary is quite small for self-sponsorship, especially with the present exchange rate. But it is possible with proper planning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pidggin(f): 11:46pm On May 23, 2015
smoothmellow:
HELP, i was refused last year April and a friend of mine living in the UK a citizen to be precise said he is going to provide all the necessary document from there including his bank statement and co. i want to be sure if they'll give me this time because i already said i have nobody there in my first application, Secondly i said i was working but he insisted i should say i'm doing my masters presently so i'll be able to get some letters and school receipts to back the application up.. Plz what should i do

In your last application you said you didn't know anybody in UK, now you suddenly have a friend that wants to sponsor you, how does this sound to you? If you were the Eco will you not suspect foul play? You have to maintain The information you gave the first time. Just work on it and you will succeed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Pidggin(f): 12:02am On May 24, 2015
gaskinachi:

I have done a new booking and emailed it to the lagos consular office since my acknowledgement mail said my application is being treated there...my chances are next to hopeless still?

Most times the Embassy does not attend to documents you send to them via courier(especially when they did not request for it). If you are lucky, you may be invited for an interview before a decision is made on your application. If you are called, you can go with a printout of your reservation, but if they call the hotel and are told that your reservation I'd canceled, I don't think the result will be favorable in such a case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2015
chadelicious:

That salary range can hardly get you a visa to the UK. That is the major problem.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 2:02pm On May 24, 2015
justwise:

All the very best with the preparation

Justwise, There is something I need to get clearly.

1. I am not clear on wether I should include my personal sayings account statement or not.

2. If yes, I will be compelled to explain huge in and out flow of cash I have in it. If it is not necessary, I would prefer to just silent on it.

3. If I am not including it, is it mandated to mention it that I have another savings account but decided not to include the statement since the trip is strictly official. Though, it was presented in my last application.

4. God will continue to bless the work of your hands. Thank you for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2015
zoomzu:

Justwise, There is something I need to get clearly.

1. I am not clear on wether I should include my personal sayings account statement or not.

2. If yes, I will be compelled to explain huge in and out flow of cash I have in it. If it is not necessary, I would prefer to just silent on it.

3. If I am not including it, is it mandated to mention it that I have another savings account but decided not to include the statement since the trip is strictly official. Though, it was presented in my last application.

4. God will continue to bless the work of your hands. Thank you for your help.

Is your savings account different from your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 9:23pm On May 24, 2015
justwise:

Is your savings account different from your salary account?

Yes, my savings account is different from my salary account. My savings account is for my personal PP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2015
zoomzu:

Yes, my savings account is different from my salary account. My savings account is for my personal PP.

Ok in that case use only your salary account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damkanlinsin(m): 1:55am On May 25, 2015
good work guys I Applied in year 2012 and I was refuse becos I forgot to put letter of sponsorship in my application and I was refuse in the refusal letter it was written dere dat I did not show any evidence of source of found, so I want to reapply now pls wat are the tins I need to add to my application and is dere 90% assurance that I would be given visa thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 6:03am On May 25, 2015
justwise:

Ok in that case use only your salary account

Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (426)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.