Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980899 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cliffogan1: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
Adebenson1:
I submitted in ABuja and I am in Lagos. I am still indisposed atm.
Okay, I picked up my visa today with the visa on. Thank God and thanks to everyone on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
Vicjustice:

Best of lucks

thanks bro.

like i said, i submitted today and they have already sent me an email that my application is being processed already.

these guys are damn fast nowadays....

hoping for d best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RxRx: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good evening nairalanders. Please I need clarification and guidance from anyone in the house. I want to visit UK by September this year for my brother's convocation and he wants me to come with our mother. He wants to sponsor our mum, but I will be sponsoring myself. What I really want clarification on is how to go about the submission of documents: do I submit all our documents together in one file with my passport and hers included since we want to travel together, or we need to submit separately? He has already stated that he needs to send only one invitation letter explaining the fact that he will sponsor her and provide accomodation and feeding only for me. Meaning I will take care of other expenses. Please I need to know if I am on the right track. Thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajj123(m): 5:27am On Jun 25, 2015
I am happy for you adebenson1 and Almighty Allah will let our own visa come out well with positive result Insha Allah.Ameen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
justwise:

Not necessarily needed but adding it will not harm your application. You are not sponsoring the trip your company is.

Thanks bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
RxRx:
Good evening nairalanders. Please I need clarification and guidance from anyone in the house. I want to visit UK by September this year for my brother's convocation and he wants me to come with our mother. He wants to sponsor our mum, but I will be sponsoring myself. What I really want clarification on is how to go about the submission of documents: do I submit all our documents together in one file with my passport and hers included since we want to travel together, or we need to submit separately? He has already stated that he needs to send only one invitation letter explaining the fact that he will sponsor her and provide accomodation and feeding only for me. Meaning I will take care of other expenses. Please I need to know if I am on the right track. Thanks smiley

I will suggest he writes two letters for you and your mum. her own stating that he ll sponsor her. where you should be careful with is the area of accommodation. is your brother having a place that can accommodate you and your mum? if you plan to stay with him , the size of his house should b started to show he ll b able to. if not , you ll have to do hotel reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rukkiat: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
I got email from UK visa that my son application has been received in Sheffield I submitted his application together with mine and my husband 3 of us i don't understand why my son only application is sent to UK Sheffield plssss I need ur reply @ just wise and others @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RxRx: 10:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
kennycanny:

I will suggest he writes two letters for you and your mum. her own stating that he ll sponsor her. where you should be careful with is the area of accommodation. is your brother having a place that can accommodate you and your mum? if you plan to stay with him , the size of his house should b started to show he ll b able to. if not , you ll have to do hotel reservation.
Thanks, really appreciate your response. I will ask him for the size of his apartment if it can accommodate both of us. But does it mean that I can submit her documents together with mine and put our passports together in one file? @Justwise, please I will appreciate your expertise too for this case, please check out my initial post. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 2:26am On Jun 26, 2015
RxRx:
Thanks, really appreciate your response. I will ask him for the size of his apartment if it can accommodate both of us. But does it mean that I can submit her documents together with mine and put our passports together in one file? @Justwise, please I will appreciate your expertise too for this case, please check out my initial post. Thanks

Yes you can submits documents together. Also be careful if he his not going to be able to accommodate you and your mum together, to apply that you ll be staying for too long a period. because you ll be evaluated based on the number of days you said you ll be staying in a hotel vs your finance. E.g if the function is on a Saturday, apply that u ll get there on Thursday and leave on Sunday or Monday. making it like four nights in hotel.
Unless your brother is settled in UK and having good job, avoid stating that you want to spend more than few days.

Irrespective of number of days you apply to spend, you ll be granted 6 months Visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2015
Hi all,

I have been to the UK on 5 occasions. This period is the best time to visit the UK (London). The weather is just perfect, like you're in Nigeria. Long days, it actually still daylight till 10.00pm, and short nights (sun rise at 4.00am). Being here for 3 days now. Wishing everyone applying to visit, business or work success in their application. Cheers and God bless. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2015
rukkiat:
I got email from UK visa that my son application has been received in Sheffield I submitted his application together with mine and my husband 3 of us i don't understand why my son only application is sent to UK Sheffield plssss I need ur reply @ just wise and others @justwise

I guess your application was split to be processed by two different centres. No reason to worry though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:19am On Jun 26, 2015
RxRx:

If you make the application at same time you are more likely to get the same submission date. If you get the same submission date yes you can put all the application in one file but you still have to go together for the submission and biometric.

One invitation letter is enough as long as it stated all the details and your name, passport number and hers are included. You can always print two copies and file one each in two applications.
Remember to use the blank space to explain all these in details.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by youreign: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
H everyone. I came across this forum today after submitting my uk application two days ago and am impressed by the way questions are been answered on this forum.
I, my sister, her husband and my brother submitted our application together. We applied for a tourist visa (accompanying my sister to uk for her graduation.) we submitted all the necessary document plus a written letter from the school inviting us for the graduation ceremony.
My sister (graduant), her husband & my self have a virgin passport, while my brother (sponsoring me) have been to Germany, & Israel. I submitted my bank statement (I operate a small unregistered biz with a Active account (total credit of about of 2.4million from Dec to June) & total balance of 375k before print out. Also attached Are all the necessary document to support money flow in my account. I have a balance of 375,000 in my Account supported wit my brother's 2.7m statement. My sister and husband are medical doctors and paying for individual cost. We intend to spend 5days in the uk, my brother will be paying for my total cost of 400k (accommodation, flight, & feeding) The question is we were all interviewed via a webcam. I was not able to give the name of the hotel we booked cos my brother did the booking. We also said we are going for graduation & didn't give any other reason except graduation. I just read in this forum that one need to mention other tourist attraction to visit. Would this affect our application and the fact that 3 of us plus the graduant have a virgin passport? Please I need your honest reply. Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2015
ekpotek:
Hi all,

I have been to the UK on 5 occasions. This period is the best time to visit the UK (London). The weather is just perfect, like you're in Nigeria. Long days, it actually still daylight till 10.00pm, and short nights (sun rise at 4.00am). Being here for 3 days now. Wishing everyone applying to visit, business or work success in their application. Cheers and God bless. cheesy cheesy

I can't wait to be in UK in 2 weeks time. Many thanks to Justwise for guiding me during the application. I am a first timer. Can I go with some Elubo and Egusi for friends over there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
zoomzu:

I can't wait to be in UK in 2 weeks time. Many thanks to Justwise for guiding me during the application. I am a first timer. Can I go with some Elubo and Egusi for friends over there.

Definitely, just package it well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
youreign:
H everyone. I came across this forum today after submitting my uk application two days ago and am impressed by the way questions are been answered on this forum.
I, my sister, her husband and my brother submitted our application together. We applied for a tourist visa (accompanying my sister to uk for her graduation.) we submitted all the necessary document plus a written letter from the school inviting us for the graduation ceremony.
My sister (graduant), her husband & my self have a virgin passport, while my brother (sponsoring me) have been to Germany, & Israel. I submitted my bank statement (I operate a small unregistered biz with a Active account (total credit of about of 2.4million from Dec to June) & total balance of 375k before print out. Also attached Are all the necessary document to support money flow in my account. I have a balance of 375,000 in my Account supported wit my brother's 2.7m statement. My sister and husband are medical doctors and paying for individual cost. We intend to spend 5days in the uk, my brother will be paying for my total cost of 400k (accommodation, flight, & feeding) The question is we were all interviewed via a webcam. I was not able to give the name of the hotel we booked cos my brother did the booking. We also said we are going for graduation & didn't give any other reason except graduation. I just read in this forum that one need to mention other tourist attraction to visit. Would this affect our application and the fact that 3 of us plus the graduant have a virgin passport? Please I need your honest reply. Thank you!

Not really, you are going for graduation ceremony and not holiday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RxRx: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2015
justwise:

If you make the application at same time you are more likely to get the same submission date. If you get the same submission date yes you can put all the application in one file but you still have to go together for the submission and biometric.

One invitation letter is enough as long as it stated all the details and your name, passport number and hers are included. You can always print two copies and file one each in two applications.
Remember to use the blank space to explain all these in details.
Thanks for your response @Justwise, really appreciate it smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by RxRx: 12:24am On Jun 27, 2015
kennycanny:

Yes you can submits documents together. Also be careful if he his not going to be able to accommodate you and your mum together, to apply that you ll be staying for too long a period. because you ll be evaluated based on the number of days you said you ll be staying in a hotel vs your finance. E.g if the function is on a Saturday, apply that u ll get there on Thursday and leave on Sunday or Monday. making it like four nights in hotel.
Unless your brother is settled in UK and having good job, avoid stating that you want to spend more than few days.

Irrespective of number of days you apply to spend, you ll be granted 6 months Visa.
Okay. Thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiobling: 7:08am On Jun 27, 2015
pls help me, the system keep giving me error msg on teleperformance that "GWF Has already been used" i already haue my appointment letter, im trying to pay for value added service using courier to deliver my passport to my address and i will be submitting at abuja application centre on monday cos i have paid my visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
curiobling:
pls help me, the system keep giving me error msg on teleperformance that "GWF Has already been used" i already haue my appointment letter, im trying to pay for value added service using courier to deliver my passport to my address and i will be submitting at abuja application centre on monday cos i have paid my visa fee

I Know that at Ikeja centre, you can buy value added services, using the computers inside the centre. I believe such provision would also be available at Abuja centre. The staff there should be able to assist you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
urch999:

thanks bro.

like i said, i submitted today and they have already sent me an email that my application is being processed already.

these guys are damn fast nowadays....

hoping for d best

They have made a decision on my visa within 4days of submission but am yet to pick up my passport.... these guys r nw eveb faster lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashaa(f): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
hello house, great thread here. please I need some assistance with the basics. I will love to spend my two weeks vacation in the UK this September. I will be sponsoring myself as I am gainfully employed. My questions are:

How do I apply?

What documents do I need?

How long does it usually takes from application- actual visa grant?

Is it too late to apply as my vacation is In sptember?

I await your kind response.@justwise and team
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 3:38am On Jun 28, 2015
sashaa:
hello house, great thread here. please I need some assistance with the basics. I will love to spend my two weeks vacation in the UK this September. I will be sponsoring myself as I am gainfully employed. My questions are:

How do I apply?

Simply read through thread. Topic has been dealt with numerous times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everzingoo: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Morning Justwise,

Can I have your personal e-mail as I would like to ask one or two questions from you which I would not like to pass publicly.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys good morning to you all.pls I need know what I don't know pls,I just submitted my online UK visit visa application and I have been giving a date to come for the submission of my doc in this next coming week.I have been out of Nigeria for more than a year working in abroad but I have terminate my contract with the company that I was working with in abroad(U.A.E) .I came in back to Nigeria in match 2015 to come and handle the post of supervisor in my father's company.
Now this are my questions below.
I have not been putting any money in my Nigeria bank acct.while I was abroad, but I started putting money since when I got to Nigeria from march till June 15,2015 and total credit balance is 1.228million naira within march 4th and June 15,2015...my total debit is 985k within march and June 15 and total balance print out is 250k though my dad company will be my sponsor also and I have been giving a letter by the company and necessary documents that I will need to present at the embassy including my letter of application into company. I budget my traveling allowance for 1200GDP and that include feeding,transport flight and hotel for 10days.but since then that I have start working with my dad coming ,I have not been on salary roll yet but I am getting commissions and that is being paid by individuals to my personal account and that is what makes my cash flows from march till June 15 before I print out my statements of account. pls guys do I stand any chance of getting the visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babylawyr(f): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Good morning all,

Can someone kindly give me the email address of ukba. The email to use when you want to lay a complaint, please.
Thank you in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashaa(f): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Simply read through thread. Topic has been dealt with numerous times.

yea, am sure it must have been dealt with. but the thread has 343pages sad. A kind heart, please assist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2015
sashaa:

How do I apply?

Just reading few pages back will answer all these questions.

No its not too late applying for Sept vacation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2015
sashaa:

yea, am sure it must have been dealt with. but the thread has 343pages sad. A kind heart, please assist.

You don't need to read the whole page, repetition of the same answer makes this thread far too long.

Read between 10-20 pages back.

More info here https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Jun 28, 2015
everzingoo:
Morning Justwise,

Can I have your personal e-mail as I would like to ask one or two questions from you which I would not like to pass publicly.

Thanks

You can send me a PM if its too private
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sashaa(f): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2015
justwise:

You don't need to read the whole page, repetition of the same answer makes this thread far too long.

Read between 10-20 pages back.

More info here https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

oh, thank you will do that right away
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by schoolboy101(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2015
morning justwise and good morning to you all guys here.pls I need know what I don't know pls,I just submitted my online UK visit visa application and I have been giving a date to come for the submission of my doc in this next coming week.I have been out of Nigeria for more than a year working in abroad but I have terminate my contract with the company that I was working with in abroad(U.A.E) .I came in back to Nigeria in match 2015 to come and handle the post of supervisor in my father's company.
Now this are my questions below.
I have not been putting any money in my Nigeria bank acct.while I was abroad, but I started putting money since when I got to Nigeria from march till June 15,2015 and total credit balance is 1.228million naira within march 4th and June 15,2015...my total debit is 985k within march and June 15 and total balance print out is 250k though my dad company will be my sponsor also and I have been giving a letter by the company and necessary documents that I will need to present at the embassy including my letter of application into company. I budget my traveling allowance for 1200GDP and that include feeding,transport flight and hotel for 10days.but since then that I have start working with my dad coming ,I have not been on salary roll yet but I am getting commissions and that is being paid by individuals to my personal account and that is what makes my cash flows from march till June 15 before I print out my statements of account. pls guys do I stand any chance of getting the visit visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.