Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982349 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Good evening house.please one quick question, does UK embassy look out for travel history before granting visa? And secondly if the husband has been to UK before and has a valid USA VISA will it guarantee the wife and child who has no travel history a UK visa? .husband wife and child applying together. please prof justwise and my other guru's pls help me out. Thanks

1. Yes your travel history will be considered and it also help your application but you still have to meet the visa requirement at that time.

2. No it will not guarantee the wife and the child a visa. The most important thing is meeting the visa requirements but no visa is guaranteed even if you met all requirements.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2015
1. Yes your travel history will be considered and it also help your application but you still have to meet the visa requirement at that time.

2. No it will not guarantee the wife and the child a visa. The most important thing is meeting the visa requirements but no visa is guaranteed even if you met all requirements.[/quote] thanks prof justwise. am grateful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Thanks alot.
justwise:

2. No it will not guarantee the wife and the child a visa. The most important thing is meeting the visa requirements but no visa is guaranteed even if you met all requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2015
Msp:
Hello @ogreene and @justwise pls I'll like to confirm something. When applying for group visa, i know we have to to fill separate applications. How do we get the same appointment date or book as a group/family.

Thanks

It will probably work out if you use the button in the form that says: Apply for someone else (something like that) after applying for yourself so that the application will be linked hence given the same appointment date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2015
cindynwagbo:
Thanks alot.

Good luck with the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
askari01:
Kudos to you all @justwise, iblaw,ogreen, ralplauren, and the rest of us....

Kindly advise on this issue pls. My aunt application is almost ready for submission and we have planned to go submit together next week, but I want you to advise on these following questions.

My Aunt is going for a church anniversary and the church already gave her IV, SOA and Hotel reservation. How do I answer these question....

What is the Cost to you personally in £? I wrote 800
What is the total amount you have for the trip in £? I wrote 820
How much is the cost of aeroplane in £? I wrote 570.... (basically turkish or iberia airline)

WHAT IS THE COST OF ACCOMODATION? Should I write N/A Becos the church has made hotel reservation for her or I should write the price on the reservation sent to her Pls ur advise will be much appreciated. Justwise don't ignore my question ooo.

All figures look ok but dont write the cost of hotel cos you are not the one bearing the cost, leave it as NA and use the Extra Info page to indicate church is paying for accommodation, i hope that has been indicated in your IV.

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblaw:

All figures look ok but dont write the cost of hotel cos you are not the one bearing the cost, leave it as NA and use the Extra Info page to indicate church is paying for accommodation, i hope that has been indicated in your IV.

Best of Luck

Thank you iblaw... the church already stated in the IV that the will be responsible for her welfare in the UK, I am sure the welfare comprises of transportation, feeding and accommodation. I am submitting mine too once my salary enters my account on the 24th, then I go submit on the 26th. Thanks once again,

2.if u advise me to write N/A, what answer should I give the next question that says- is Any one paying for part of your trip and how much? What should be written there? Waiting...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2015
justwise:

I'm pretty sure that i have answered this question before

You didn't say anything Justwise, should I write N/A for her since she's not the one paying for hotel and if I write N/a, what answer should I give the question that says Is anyone paying for all or part of her trip? And how much? Yes or NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justicia: 7:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hello People, Happy Sunday! Pls if someone is given a 6-Month Visitor's Visa and he does not travel until the 6 month expires, what are the likely consequences. Can he apply to renew.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
askari01:

Thank you iblaw... the church already stated in the IV that the will be responsible for her welfare in the UK, I am sure the welfare comprises of transportation, feeding and accommodation. I am submitting mine too once my salary enters my account on the 24th, then I go submit on the 26th. Thanks once again,

2.if u advise me to write N/A, what answer should I give the next question that says- is Any one paying for part of your trip and how much? What should be written there? Waiting...

Is anyone paying for part of your trip and How Much?

You should indicate YES and states the cost of accommodation and other expenses to be incurred by the church for this trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Msp: 5:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok! thank you

justwise:

It will probably work out if you use the button in the form that says: Apply for someone else (something like that) after applying for yourself so that the application will be linked hence given the same appointment date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lokia(m): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Dear House

kindly help with the following issues. thanks in advance. I have a job offer in the uk. I have being given a COS but there are some mistakes in the COS as my home address was wrongly spelt. is this an issue? can I still use the COS?

Secondly I noticed that the visa fee and health surcharge is for 3years while the length of my COS is for a year. The UKBA website says I would be given a visa equivalent to the shorter of the two period in this case a year. isn't it overcharging especially for the health surcharge? is there a way I can pay for just one year health surcharge or ask for a refund if my visa is given for just a year?

thank you for all your help in advance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
I finally submitted my application for 2 years today, please how long would it take to get result ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
BABAOYIN:

I finally submitted my application for 2 years today, please how long would it take to get result ?

You will get an email when a decision has been made on your application then about a week later depending on where you submitted, your passport will be ready for collection.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblaw:

You will get an email when a decision has been made on your application then about a week later depending on where you submitted, your passport will be ready for collection.

Best of Luck

Did you mean i will receive email twice.....

First for decision then second for collection ?

I submitted at Ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
BABAOYIN:

Did you mean i will receive email twice.....

First for decision then second for collection ?

I submitted at Ikeja

Yes but the second mail for collection might not come in weeks.

You will receive an email to say a decision has been made on your application then you should receive another email asking you to come for pick up but the mail asking you to come for pick up might not come in weeks so after a week( since you submitted in Ikeja) from the mail that says a decision has been made on your application just go and check and it might be ready for collection.

Wish you success, i just got my 2 years 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good day Justwise and others! Thank you for the good job you are doing here. I posted on this thread previously about my refusal early this year. I was guided and reapplied and Voila! I was refused again.

I was refused the first time because I did not include my salary account and I got the "How much do you have for this trip question" wrong.
This time I attached my salary account that shows my 300k monthly salary with pay slip for 6 months. I wrote a cover note to explain why I was refused at first and that I have attached the documents as requested

My purpose of traveling is for a 1 week training.

My second refusal:
The ECO said my previous training does not have anything to do with the training I'm going for. I bet they are related and its also job related.

Second reason is that I said the cost of travel and accommodation is 646 GBP. The ECO responded that The amount is unreasonable for airfare, accomodation, course fee and maintenance. I have paid for the course fee and Don't understand why he/she is referring to course fee. finally, the fund you have shown are not sufficient to cover all the expenses for the trip.

The balance on the account is roughly 1M

Good people please advise me on what to do next.

Thank you in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblaw:

You will receive an email to say a decision has been made on your application then you should receive another email asking you to come for pick up but the mail asking you to come for pick up might not come in weeks so after a week( since you submitted in Ikeja) from the mail that says a decision has been made on your application just go and check and it might be ready for collection.

Thanks you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblaw:

This is my payment page below on Friday, before i submitted today, does it mean i have pay for fast process which is $94.40 (User Pay Fee) ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
BABAOYIN:

This is my payment page below on Friday, before i submitted today, does it mean i have pay for fast process which is $94.40 (User Pay Fee) ?

You paid $518 as visa fee? i paid $505 on 29th June 2015. Everything going up in this country

I guess the User Pay fee is for express service, didn't you ask.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
nunaija:
Good day Justwise and others! Thank you for the good job you are doing here. I posted on this thread previously about my refusal early this year. I was guided and reapplied and Voila! I was refused again.

I was refused the first time because I did not include my salary account and I got the "How much do you have for this trip question" wrong.
This time I attached my salary account that shows my 300k monthly salary with pay slip for 6 months. I wrote a cover note to explain why I was refused at first and that I have attached the documents as requested

My second refusal:
The ECO said my previous training does not have anything to do with the training I'm going for. I bet they are related and its also job related.

Second reason is that I said the cost of travel and accommodation is 646 GBP. The ECO responded that The amount is unreasonable for airfare, accomodation, course fee and maintenance. I have paid for the course fee and Don't understand why he/she is referring to course fee. finally, the fund you have shown are not sufficient to cover all the expenses for the trip.

So sad you got refused twice. Many always get their visa after correcting errors of first application but you committed more errors in your second application.

I want to believe you have not been on this forum before you submitted your second application because quoting 646 GBP as cost for flight and accommodation is a big blunder, that's equivalent to flight alone also you should have maintain the training you applied for in your first application.

Hope others will contribute but i suggest you wait for sometime before submitting another application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblaw:

So sad you got refused twice. Many always get their visa after correcting errors of first application but you committed more errors in your second application.

I want to believe you have not been on this forum before you submitted your second application because quoting 646 GBP as cost for flight and accommodation is a big blunder, that's equivalent to flight alone also you should have maintain the training you applied for in your first application.

Hope others will contribute but i suggest you wait for sometime before submitting another application.

Yes I noted that my purpose of traveling this time is training. Confused now because the school will not refund the fees paid.
If you check my first post. The ECO referred to study fee which I've paid for (A mistake on their part). I guess he/she thought that I've not paid for the training. The receipt of payment was attached
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblaw:

You paid $518 as visa fee? i paid $505 on 29th June 2015. Everything going up in this country

I guess the User Pay fee is for express service, didn't you ask.

Hmmmm, My first E-mail below :

Dear XXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX,

Your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing.

Processing time guidelines are available on www.gov.uk, however do note that each application is assessed on

its individual merit and in certain circumstances processing times may differ.

You can check the status of your application in three ways:

TLScontact Website: login to your UK Visa Application Centre account

UK Visas & Immigration International Enquiry Service: local telephone numbers are available at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. Note this is a premium rate service run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact

UK Visas & Immigration International FAQ and Email Service: visit the UK Visas & Immigration FAQ and Email service at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ for further details. This service is run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact

You will receive additional emails from TLScontact as your application passes through the process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
chukwuseun:
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks, Very Urgent waiting patiently for a response

Cc OGreene, Iblaw

Quit waiting... Go pick up ur visa at the pick up center.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
So far so good, dont mind me believing like a babe, i just like sharing my feeling here since i learned about visa process here...

below is the stage of my visa that submitted today...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
I still await your advice good people please
nunaija:

My second refusal:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mubarak39: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hello gurus.
Pls someone should help me with this issue. I just started the online application and I'm applying for tier4, the first question they asked is "Which application form are you using to make your application?*" and there is nothing like tier4 in the option. What should i do pls? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
BABAOYIN:

Hmmmm, My first E-mail below :

Dear XXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX,

Your UK visa application has now been sent to UK Visas & Immigration for processing.

Processing time guidelines are available on www.gov.uk, however do note that each application is assessed on

its individual merit and in certain circumstances processing times may differ.

You can check the status of your application in three ways:

TLScontact Website: login to your UK Visa Application Centre account

UK Visas & Immigration International Enquiry Service: local telephone numbers are available at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. Note this is a premium rate service run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact

UK Visas & Immigration International FAQ and Email Service: visit the UK Visas & Immigration FAQ and Email service at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ for further details. This service is run by HGS and is not a service provided by TLScontact

You will receive additional emails from TLScontact as your application passes through the process.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Yes, very soon you will get another mail that a decision has been made on your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
nunaija:

My second refusal:

Forget about the course fee.

Quoting 646pounds for feeding, accommodation, return ticket costs and travelling expenses within the UK is highly unreasonable and although it's annoying but the ECO's refusal is in order to be honest.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
Am so sorry for what happened. Something in me tells me that you didn't read dis thread or ask questions b4 applying. (pardon me if am wrong). How on earth you came up wt that figure for d cost of 1-WEEK TRIP is unbelievable! Ppl usually give a breakdown of their budget/cost/financials... for ppl to help dem cross-check here.

You may want to hold onto d mistake of dem mentioning the course fee, but how do you make light of the unrealistic budget you gave. Did you state in ur application that you hv paid for d course?

I feel you shud calm down a bit and apply much later. Allow time pass b4 they will think you are desperate. And be thorough next time. Check for trainings in other countries too, if I get 2 refusals for a particular country, I will kuku face other ones until my circumstances change greatly will I go back to apply der.

This is not to kill ur morale, you may do as you wish.

nunaija:
I still await your advice good people please

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.