Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981280 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yjb85: 10:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Yes..that is because you are to fill it and submit in Nigeria and your hubby submits other documents to Sheffield, you are the main applicant while your hubby is the sponsor.

@JUSTWISE OK THANK YOU, WHAT ABOUT MY OWN SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WHERE WILL I SUBMIT THEM TO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by newgold22: 11:03am On Aug 12, 2015
justwise:

Is your business registered?

Registered biz name with CAC last year November 2014.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Justwise, justice iblaw ogreene guru in the house please, to apply for visiting visa for a baby 11 months old. One of the parents in accompanying the child. What are ALL the documents to show that the child would be catered for on her visit to UK?

Cos it is becoming rampant that parents are given visa while their children are refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
k...thanks!
OGreene:
Nah, it's one letter I wrote
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lawalahmed: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
[size=14pt]Hello good people of this forum,

Please, i want to submit my document on Friday two days time, please how much is Visa fee for 2yrs now ? and is there any extra charges after visa fee ?

Thanks in advance[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kuwaitboy: 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Hello Just wise, I submitted my documents for tier 4 visa and after just five days they said that it has been assessed, and I will be contacted to collect it in a few days without telling me the decision.Should I be worried. Please, I am agitated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
My people, My people, I have made up my mind to apply for tourist Visa by September, however, this is just to inform you that I am gonna be asking so much questions from now on.

My first question goes like this-

1.Do you have savings, property or income, for example stocks and shares Should I click Yes Becos I invest my money on used cars which I gave to a car dealer and once it's sold we share the profit made. Should I include the bill of lading
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2015
Prof. Justwise and my honourables.

I have filled my application, same with my business partner.

Since we are travelling together on this business trip and using same sponsor (statement of account). Do we put our application in same envelope or do we have to print out two different statement of accounts and submit individually?

Your response will be helpful. Thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kuwaitboy:
Hello Just wise, I submitted my documents for tier 4 visa and after just five days they said that it has been assessed, and I will be contacted to collect it in a few days without telling me the decision.Should I be worried. Please, I am agitated.

Calm down. Email will only tell you a decision has been made on your application so till you pick it up before you can know the outcome. In faith start thanking God for a favorable decision grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Lawalahmed:
[size=14pt]Hello good people of this forum,

Please, i want to submit my document on Friday two days time, please how much is Visa fee for 2yrs now ? and is there any extra charges after visa fee ?

Thanks in advance[/size]

June 29th 2015 i paid $505 online for 2 years, my account was debited with N104,000 which means my bank used N206 as exchange rate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
askari01:
My people, My people, I have made up my mind to apply for tourist Visa by September, however, this is just to inform you that I am gonna be asking so much questions from now on.

1.Do you receive income from friends or family? I picked Yes Becos I invest my money on used cars which I give to a friend who is a car dealer and once it's sold we share the profit made.I will include the bill of lading of the cars I have right now.

2. How much do I realize from the business?
Pls advize me on what to say about that...

1. Wrong answer
To receive income from family and friends means that you receive money from them for support it IS NOT THE SAME as selling cars on the side.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
salsera:

1. Wrong answer
To receive income from family and friends means that you receive money from them for support it IS NOT THE SAME as selling cars on the side.

So u suggest I should pick YES for -
Do you have savings, property or other income (for example shares and stocks)? And I can explain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by customised87: 8:51am On Aug 13, 2015
Hello,pls what is needed to collect passports and submited documents back from Ikeja centre? Can one member of the family collect for others? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nunaija: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2015
I submitted my application last week Thursday and I just received a notification this morning that a decision has been made. I was refused once because of some documents I failed to include. I included them this time around and I'm scared to death now cos this is too fast...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
iblaw:

June 29th 2015 i paid $505 online for 2 years, my account was debited with N104,000 which means my bank used N206 as exchange rate.

Thank you sir...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bims87(f): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
customised87:
Hello,pls what is needed to collect passports and submited documents back from Ikeja centre? Can one member of the family collect for others? Thanks

Cc OGreene, Iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
The checklist you were given on d date of submission and copy of passport data page.

I think you can collect for dem if you applied together coz on the day I was collected, a lady picked up about 10 passports by herself. Someone whispered that it might be conference thingy. You can contact TLS and find out, via mail or call

bims87:

Cc OGreene, Iblaw

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
newgold22:
Hello house. I hail all the Gurus in the field.
Please i need ur kind advise. I work in a Federal Govt establishment with N132k take home salary (after Tax and other social benefits). I run a personal ticketing biz that started January this year. Also have biz engagement with Paga. Married with 2 kids.
Lots of transactions on both my salary account and biz account.
I have balance of N250k on my salary account and N450k in my biz.
I have plan to visit UK for a 3 days conference later this year (Plan to stay up to 6 nights) with N490k expenses. I plan to make submission b4 mid September.
Plz, can u suggest documents to submit and my chances of securing a Tourist Visa.

THANK YOU.

Your chances are not great because you really don't have the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
colegold100:
Justwise, justice iblaw ogreene guru in the house please, to apply for visiting visa for a baby 11 months old. One of the parents in accompanying the child. What are ALL the documents to show that the child would be catered for on her visit to UK?

Cos it is becoming rampant that parents are given visa while their children are refused.

Financial documents? Bank statement, payslips..etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Kuwaitboy:

There is no Y or N answer for this question, you just have to pick your package to know the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

Since we are travelling together on this business trip and using same sponsor (statement of account). Do we put our application in same envelope or do we have to print out two different statement of accounts and submit individually?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

You have to do that but use the space in the form to state that both of you are traveling together. Both of you have to write the same statement with each other's passport number and name included.

Applying the same day and time will also help so as to have the same appointment date.

Alternatively use the link that says...apply/add someone else (something like that) in the same form to add your partner
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
justwise:

You have to do that but use the space in the form to state that both of you are traveling together. Both of you have to write the same statement with each other's passport number and name included.

Applying the same day and time will also help so as to have the same appointment date.

Alternatively use the link that says...apply/add someone else (something like that) in the same form to add your partner

Thanks Prof Justwise. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by handsomeheart(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hi justwise,how you doing today sir?I need some advice pls.my question is this,which one will you like to consider the perfect for me ?I want to Apply for US visit visa but I am thinking if I should apply for holiday visit or if I should let someone to send an invitation letter to me to apply?pls which is one the best way out of the 2?though the person that want to send the invitation is not my relative, we just met online and start dating each other ,pls kindly advice me on what to do.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
boss thanks ,my sister got an email that her visa is ready for collection . she called them many times and through email . please its my turn , i want to apply thru germany , i have applied before as a civil servant but was rejected . now i want to register my business name so i can use it to apply , any curse for alarm? i have bill of loading from germany every month , i buy cars from mobile.de ,can i apply without invitation letter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
askari01:

1.Do you have savings, property or income, for example stocks and shares Should I click Yes Becos I invest my money on used cars which I gave to a car dealer and once it's sold we share the profit made. Should I include the bill of lading

Justwise, iblaw, ogreen, ralph Kindly attend to my question ... Filling my for right now .... waiting ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
askari01:

Justwise, iblaw, ogreen, ralph Kindly attend to my question ... Filling my for right now .... waiting ooo

Your car investment and sharing of profit can be regarded as income and its good you have documents to back it up but those this profit reflect in your bank account? in the Additional Info page: Explain and add the documents.

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
nunaija:
I submitted my application last week Thursday and I just received a notification this morning that a decision has been made. I was refused once because of some documents I failed to include. I included them this time around and I'm scared to death now cos this is too fast...

The process is very fast now so just be hopefully for a favourable decision. I submitted Friday 10th July in VI, by Saturday 18th July i got a mail that decision has been made by the time i picked up passport, visa was issued 16th July.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
OGreene:
The checklist you were given on d date of submission and copy of passport data page.

I think you can collect for dem if you applied together coz on the day I was collected, a lady picked up about 10 passports by herself. Someone whispered that it might be conference thingy. You can contact TLS and find out, via mail or call

I strongly believe if you have the checklist that one gets after submission with you, package will be given to you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zambelambe: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2015
@JUSTWISE @VIC AND ALL NAIRALANDERS

Good Morning Nairalanders

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I previously had a 6 months visa which i used just once and ob that trip i stayed for 1 month and 3 days before getting back to work then i applied as it expired and got a 2 years visa too I did not use the visa for about 22 months because I was busy with work at that time 2 months for the visa to expiry I then travelled for 2 months and 1 week which I came back a day before visa expired i replied again May 4th 2015 knowing fully well that I can apply for 5 years visa but I had to go for the 2 years because of the 5 years fee. I got my parcel back 3 weeks after application and got a refusal. Below is their decision
a) That in my previous application for entry visa to the U.K, I did satisfy the ECO and met the requirements of the Immigration Rules as a visitor but that each case must be decided on its individual merits at the time of the application;
b) That I claim to be in full time employment earning N 186,000.00 (609pounds) www.oanda.com as at 27/04/15 per month. That in my previous application to the U.K I planned to stay for 7 days and that I however stayed from 18/11/2011 – 04/01/2012 and that in my subsequent visit I stayed from 09/02/2014 – 26/04/2014. And that the durations of my previous visits were highly unusual considering that I do not have family or friends in the U.K.
c) That although I did not over stay my visa, I did not give satisfactory explanation of – why I stayed longer than I planned to
d) – how I supported myself
e) – and how I met my personal, financial and professional commitments back in Nigeria while I was away
f) And that in view of the above, officer ….. was not satisfied that I am living in settled domestic and economic circumstances in Nigeria and that he is not satisfied that I am genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months.
I just recently applied and submitted on Wednesday 12th august 2015 with some explanation making them know that why I was away my salaries were been paid and I was permitted to stay out of work during my last stay, to my greatest surprise I was called the next day which was 13th of august (yesterday) to come for an interview @ the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON Tuesday next week 18/8/2015 my Question to you @JUSTWISE @ VIC and all nairalander what are my likely questions? What am I to expect? What are their procedures for interview? Please i expect someone here would have an answer to my questions.
IS THERE ANY ONE HERE WHO HAS ALSO GONE IN FOR INTERVIEW @ THE EMBASSY?
THANKS

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukwuseun: 2:49am On Aug 14, 2015
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:24am On Aug 14, 2015
Have you booked flight yet? Or you re waiting for it to drop more?

iblaw:

I strongly believe if you have the checklist that one gets after submission with you, package will be given to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.