Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981157 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifegy: 3:24am On Aug 14, 2015
zambelambe:
@JUSTWISE @VIC AND ALL NAIRALANDERS

Good Morning Nairalanders

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I previously had a 6 months visa which i used just once and ob that trip i stayed for 1 month and 3 days before getting back to work then i applied as it expired and got a 2 years visa too I did not use the visa for about 22 months because I was busy with work at that time 2 months for the visa to expiry I then travelled for 2 months and 1 week which I came back a day before visa expired i replied again May 4th 2015 knowing fully well that I can apply for 5 years visa but I had to go for the 2 years because of the 5 years fee. I got my parcel back 3 weeks after application and got a refusal.

Working full time and you stayed away from your job for 1 month and then 2 months? My guess is they're going to want to hear a really good explanation for that in your interview, and why you're not going to just stay away completely the next time you go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukwuseun: 3:32am On Aug 14, 2015
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks, Very Urgent waiting patiently for a response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukwuseun: 3:35am On Aug 14, 2015
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks, Very Urgent waiting patiently for a response

Cc OGreene, Iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:43am On Aug 14, 2015
That shud be Ikeja centre right?

You re supposed to get another mail notifying u dt d passport is ready for collection. Some ppl don't get that notification (I didnt). 3 weeks wait...you try ooo. Take ur checklist and passport copy, go to the centre and tell dem you re der to collect ur passport. Make sure you go inside.

If finally they check and tell you that it's not ready, pls demand to know what is causing d delay, dt 3 weeks wait is quite odd. Act pissed off. If dey tell you to come back, ask dem for a specific date. This happened to a man when I went to pick mine, d man almost brought down d roof, trust other ppl (onlookers) to put mouth grin. They had to take d guy to see d Manager.

If u re not ready to go der soon, fill d complaints form on the Teleperformance site, u will get feedback.

chukwuseun:
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukwuseun: 3:53am On Aug 14, 2015
@OGreen , Thank you so much yea it is the Ikeja centre ,do you mean when you went to collect yours u didnt receive any txt message or email notification , does that mean you just went straight there hoping it will be ready and luckily it was ready or was there a way you tracked to know it was ready ? ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:00am On Aug 14, 2015
Normally Ikeja centre doesn't take much time for d passport to be ready for collection, average 2 days. Nah, I didn't receive any other notification after d mail dt a decision has been made. So after 2 days, I marched to d center and entered jejely, I didn't even ask dem anything. I submitted d checklist and sat down wt others, dey called my name and I picked up my passport. I didn't track anything.

You shud go der first.

chukwuseun:
@OGreen , Thank you so much yea it is the Ikeja centre ,do you mean when you went to collect yours u didnt receive any txt message or email notification , does that mean you just went straight there hoping it will be ready and luckily it was ready or was there a way you tracked to know it was ready ? ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chukwuseun: 4:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Ogreen thanks so much will check today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2015
handsomeheart:
Hi justwise,how you doing today sir?I need some
advice pls.my question is this,which one will you
like to consider the perfect for me ?I want to
Apply for US visit visa but I am thinking if I
should apply for holiday visit or if I should let
someone to send an invitation letter to me to
apply?pls which is one the best way out of the
2?though the person that want to send the
invitation is not my relative, we just met online
and start dating each other ,pls kindly advice me
on what to do.thanks

Wrong thread https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2015
zambelambe:

I previously had a 6 months visa which i used just once and ob that trip i stayed for 1 month and 3 days before getting back to work then i applied as it expired and got a 2 years visa too I did not use the visa for about 22 months because I was busy with work at that time 2 months for the visa to expiry I then travelled for 2 months and 1 week which I came back a day before visa expired i replied again May 4th 2015 knowing fully well that I can apply for 5 years visa but I had to go for the 2 years because of the 5 years fee. I got my parcel back 3 weeks after application and got a refusal. Below is their decision
a) That in my previous application for entry visa to the U.K, I did satisfy the ECO and met the requirements of the Immigration Rules as a visitor but that each case must be decided on its individual merits at the time of the application;
b) That I claim to be in full time employment earning N 186,000.00 (609pounds) www.oanda.com as at 27/04/15 per month. That in my previous application to the U.K I planned to stay for 7 days and that I however stayed from 18/11/2011 – 04/01/2012 and that in my subsequent visit I stayed from 09/02/2014 – 26/04/2014. And that the durations of my previous visits were highly unusual considering that I do not have family or friends in the U.K.
c) That although I did not over stay my visa, I did not give satisfactory explanation of – why I stayed longer than I planned to
d) – how I supported myself
e) – and how I met my personal, financial and professional commitments back in Nigeria while I was away
f) And that in view of the above, officer ….. was not satisfied that I am living in settled domestic and economic circumstances in Nigeria and that he is not satisfied that I am genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months.
I just recently applied and submitted on Wednesday 12th august 2015 with some explanation making them know that why I was away my salaries were been paid and I was permitted to stay out of work during my last stay, to my greatest surprise I was called the next day which was 13th of august (yesterday) to come for an interview @ the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON Tuesday next week 18/8/2015 my Question to you @JUSTWISE @ VIC and all nairalander what are my likely questions? What am I to expect? What are their procedures for interview? Please i expect someone here would have an answer to my questions.
IS THERE ANY ONE HERE WHO HAS ALSO GONE IN FOR INTERVIEW @ THE EMBASSY?
THANKS

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES....

Prepare a reasonable explanation of what you were doing in the UK for two months

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2015
iblaw:

Your car investment and sharing of profit can be regarded as income and its good you have documents to back it up but those this profit reflect in your bank account? in the Additional Info page: Explain and add the documents.

Best of Luck

Yes, it does reflects in my account, the payment was made directly into my account by the car dealer, like in March 2015 he paid 2.5million for my hilander, 1.5 and 1m cos bank will not allow 2.5M transfer at once, both capital n profit, I have the bill of lading I will also explain to the ECO. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2015
OGreene:
Have you booked flight yet? Or you re waiting for it to drop more?

Ogreene, did u choose the cheapest airline when answering the question that... what is the cost of aeroplane Did you choose the cheapest airline? Pls answer asap. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
Hi @Justwise... Waiting for your response to my question below... Gracias!
juliette123:
Hallo Justwise smiley A lil more clarification please, will my moms marriage certificate do for proof of relationship with my uncle since they are siblings? Do I still need a cover letter if I explain the points raised in my refusal in the space provided for additional info?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2015
juliette123:
Hallo Justwise smiley A lil more clarification please, will my moms marriage certificate do for proof of relationship with my uncle since they are siblings? Do I still need a cover letter if I explain the points raised in my refusal in the space provided for additional info?

I don't think her marriage certificate will act as proof of relationship. If you are able to explain everything in the place provided in the form then you don't need to add cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2015
I picked one of d cheapest then- abt N214,000 = £700. So u can luk up ur travel date and pick a fair one.

askari01:

Ogreene, did u choose the cheapest airline when answering the question that... what is the cost of aeroplane Did you choose the cheapest airline? Pls answer asap. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2015
undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bims87(f): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:

1. Yes they can make the application together but why is your mum applying for 2 yrs from 5 yrs?

2. Yes she can use the same documents as long as they are still valid

3. Your mum needs to explain the transfer into her account

Thanks justwise, OGreene,Iblaw and all. My mum n sis got dre visas. Thanks to this forum,we didn't need an agent. God bless you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2015
bims87:

Thanks justwise, OGreene,Iblaw and all. My mum n sis got dre visas. Thanks to this forum,we didn't need an agent. God bless you all

Congratulations! glad it all worked out at the end.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
Congrats, am happy for them.

bims87:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks for the response...appreciate. How then can I prove we are related??
justwise:

I don't think her marriage certificate will act as proof of relationship. If you are able to explain everything in the place provided in the form then you don't need to add cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2015
juliette123:
Thanks for the response...appreciate. How then can I prove we are related??

How did you keep in contact with him since he left Nigeria? Emails, text, facebook etc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Good evening great people, how una dey? I have this issue we (I & my friend) hv been trying to tackle. I am putting it here to get more info or if anyone has had similar experience. Below is d scenario:

She is married, mid 20s, works, and earns well. Her hubby wanted to do a transaction one day and asked to use her personal savings acct. He mistakenly transferred the money (12M) into her SALARY ACCT, wch she transferred out. Of course she wasn't happy abt it cos she is abt applying for a UK visa. Hubby has apologised but d deed has been done.

Then her coy is owing dem 4 months salary.

She has good savings, 2M + in her Savings acct, and some properties (lands). No travel history.

She wants to explain d huge inflow (cos she will be submitting her salary acct), but how can she convince dem coz d inflow is on d high side. And what abt d second issue (salary owed), will it all put her application in a bad light??

Justwise, pls read and comment. All comments re most welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2015
zambelambe:

I previously had a 6 months visa which i used just once and ob that trip i stayed for 1 month and 3 days before getting back to work then i applied as it expired and got a 2 years visa too I did not use the visa for about 22 months because I was busy with work at that time 2 months for the visa to expiry I then travelled for 2 months and 1 week which I came back a day before visa expired i replied again May 4th 2015 knowing fully well that I can apply for 5 years visa but I had to go for the 2 years because of the 5 years fee. I got my parcel back 3 weeks after application and got a refusal. Below is their decision
a) That in my previous application for entry visa to the U.K, I did satisfy the ECO and met the requirements of the Immigration Rules as a visitor but that each case must be decided on its individual merits at the time of the application;
b) That I claim to be in full time employment earning N 186,000.00 (609pounds) www.oanda.com as at 27/04/15 per month. That in my previous application to the U.K I planned to stay for 7 days and that I however stayed from 18/11/2011 – 04/01/2012 and that in my subsequent visit I stayed from 09/02/2014 – 26/04/2014. And that the durations of my previous visits were highly unusual considering that I do not have family or friends in the U.K.
c) That although I did not over stay my visa, I did not give satisfactory explanation of – why I stayed longer than I planned to
d) – how I supported myself
e) – and how I met my personal, financial and professional commitments back in Nigeria while I was away
f) And that in view of the above, officer ….. was not satisfied that I am living in settled domestic and economic circumstances in Nigeria and that he is not satisfied that I am genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months.
I just recently applied and submitted on Wednesday 12th august 2015 with some explanation making them know that why I was away my salaries were been paid and I was permitted to stay out of work during my last stay, to my greatest surprise I was called the next day which was 13th of august (yesterday) to come for an interview @ the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION ON Tuesday next week 18/8/2015 my Question to you @JUSTWISE @ VIC and all nairalander what are my likely questions? What am I to expect? What are their procedures for interview? Please i expect someone here would have an answer to my questions.
IS THERE ANY ONE HERE WHO HAS ALSO GONE IN FOR INTERVIEW @ THE EMBASSY?
THANKS

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES....

Your questions will mainly be based on
1. What you were doing in the UK for the period spent
2. How you sustained yourself financially in UK and your financial commitment in Nigeria assuming you are married.
3. Prove that you still have your job in Nigeria
4. Prove that you wont finally go and not return to Nigeria

If you have documents to support the above questions, your interview will be successful. Pray and answer questions with confidence

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
chukwuseun:
Gurus in the house , i Greet oo .. Please i am in need of your help , myself and my hubby applied for UK 6 months visa since 7th of july 2015 and on 23rd of july i received an email stating " A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. " Since the i have been waiting for either a txt or an email to inform me if it is ready for pick up and i have not heard anything , this is making it 5 weeks now , please i need to know if that emails means it was ready or i need to wait for notification ..I will really appreciate a response from the house .. Thanks

Please go with speed to the center where you submitted and your passport hopefully with visa will be waiting for you.

I got a mail that a decision had been make Saturday 18th July, by Friday 24th July i got another mail from VI center that decision has been made and i will be told soon to come for pick up. After waiting for a week and no mail, on Friday 31st July i went there and picked up my passport and 2 years visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2015
OGreene:
Have you booked flight yet? Or you re waiting for it to drop more?

@OGreene

Yet to book but not because of price. My brother is coming with his family from Canada also in September for the first time so we want to agree on dates so we don't miss each other.

Have you booked? If yes, what airline and price for what dates.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
bims87:

Congrats!!!

Pass the good news to your friends and family...no need for visa agent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2015
OGreene:
Good evening great people, how una dey? I have this issue we (I & my friend) hv been trying to tackle. I am putting it here to get more info or if anyone has had similar experience. Below is d scenario:

She is married, mid 20s, works, and earns well. Her hubby wanted to do a transaction one day and asked to use her personal savings acct. He mistakenly transferred the money (12M) into her SALARY ACCT, wch she transferred out. Of course she wasn't happy abt it cos she is abt applying for a UK visa. Hubby has apologised but d deed has been done.

She has good savings, 2M + in her Savings acct, and some properties (lands). No travel history.

She wants to explain d huge inflow (cos she will be submitting her salary acct), but how can she convince dem coz d inflow is on d high side. And what abt d second issue (salary owed), will it all put her application in a bad light??

@OGreene
Chaiiii. That N12m transfer into her account is very bad . If i was in her shoes, i will wait till when that transaction will not reflect in the 6 months statement before applying for visa and for her owed salary tell her to ask her Account/Finance dept if they can write her a letter confirming salary is owed and will be paid soon but 4 months is a long time to owe salary o cos the ECO will be wondering coy owing 4 months salary that maybe the coy is closing down.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
OGreene:

Since the money was transferred back immediately it will not be a problem.
The most important thing is that she earns a good salary and have good savings. She can always explain the issue of salary owed using the space in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks.

Nah, I hvnt booked flight yet. I want to confirm dt d next Muslim holiday is 23 and 24th Sept, so I can leave 23rd night. Rescheduling fee for Air France is $160.

iblaw:

@OGreene
Chaiiii. That N12m transfer into her account is very bad . If i was in her shoes, i will wait till when that transaction will not reflect in the 6 months statement before applying for visa and for her owed salary tell her to ask her Account/Finance dept if they can write her a letter confirming salary is owed and will be paid soon but 4 months is a long time to owe salary o cos the ECO will be wondering coy owing 4 months salary that maybe the coy is closing down.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks boss.

justwise:

Since the money was transferred back immediately it will not be a problem.
The most important thing is that she earns a good salary and have good savings. She can always explain the issue of salary owed using the space in the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2015
OGreene:
Thanks.

Nah, I hvnt booked flight yet. I want to confirm dt d next Muslim holiday is 23 and 24th Sept, so I can leave 23rd night. Rescheduling fee for Air France is $160.

I most likely will book by first week September for 3rd or last week of September
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2015
@Ogreene @iblaw. Greetings.

I am about to submit my application at Ikeja submission centre and I understand that an additional N18,000 is required aside the visa fee. Please is this correct?

If true, what about Victoria Island submission centre?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Yes, u pay extra 18k for using Ikeja centre. Paid online as u re paying for d visa

No extra cost for VI centre, asides d visa fee

FrontPageLawyer:
@Ogreene @iblaw. Greetings.

I am about to submit my application at Ikeja submission centre and I understand that an additional N18,000 is required aside the visa fee. Please is this correct?

If true, what about Victoria Island submission centre?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.