Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983216 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Boldruby: 4:18pm On Aug 28, 2015
Thanks Justwise and Iblaw for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
askari01:
Hello >>justwise, iblaw Ogreen and fellows >> i am really confused right now , I was about making payment for my application and I agreed to pay 230$... How come $230 is now calculated on UK payment site to be 56,350? please is this normal? I want to pick a date for tomorrow and its showing 56,350 using PAGA, they won't accept my bank card..Whats wrong pls ?

Justwise, iblaw, Ogreen and fellows repsond to my questions pls... Should I do any photocopy before leaving for submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Is it still $230 now?

When I paid wt PAGA, for $130 I was charged N29950. Using this rate $230 is N52,988. Cud be d high exch rate. Then I called dem up later and dey said they don't take any charges for payments, that it's the conversion rate used by bank and bank charges too.

Yes, I made a photocopy of all the docs I submitted. For each I submitted original and photocopy except the print-outs already in black and white

[quote author=askari01 post=37434333][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
askari01:

Justwise, iblaw, Ogreen and fellows repsond to my questions pls... Should I do any photocopy before leaving for submission?

That means you are being charged N245 to $1, that's quite high at this time. I have never used PAGA, last time i used my card to pay visa fee my bank charged me N206 to $1.

Has anyone used PAGA lately, please advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2015
@Askari01 Go along with all your original documents and photocopies. You are to submit both originals and photocopies. I submitted all my originals including my original work ID and Personal Income Tax Card.

Teleperfomance is a well organised Company with highly trained and well mannered staffs.

I spent just 20 minutes submitting my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:29am On Aug 29, 2015
Portsmouth86:

He speaks English as a first language, and works at the British embassy, he also has a degree in Sociology, so how can he prove it apart from speaking the language fluently just as i speak it being my mother tongue?

Does he not need to supply his own bank statements and payslips then?

Cheers

K

As above, greatly appreciated smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Aug 29, 2015
justwise:

Nah! he is good to go, no need for English language test.

His bank statement is not needed but some people still add it anyway

Portsmouth86:

As above, greatly appreciated smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2015
Hello smiley Quick question please... is it okay to print the Whatsapp chats too Plus, is his tenancy agreement enough to prove accommodation or should he be adding other docs??
justwise:

Print those and add it to your application package then concentrate on other refusal points raised by the ECO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Aug 29, 2015
juliette123:
Hello smiley Quick question please... is it okay to print the Whatsapp chats too Plus, is his tenancy agreement enough to prove accommodation or should he be adding other docs??

Yes print whatsapp chat and yes tenancy agreement is good enough for prove of accommodation

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coolimpetus: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
how much is UK visa fees for single entry (6months) for business trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
Okay. Gracias! Appreciate smiley
justwise:

Yes print whatsapp chat and yes tenancy agreement is good enough for prove of accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2015
coolimpetus:
how much is UK visa fees for single entry (6months) for business trip.

Let me quickly help you because you won't get a funny response from Vicjustice and Justwise on this question as they tend to attend to more important queries.

I paid $230 to submit at Teleperformance Ikeja for same Business Visa which falls under "General Visitor visa" category. I was charged N50,600.

If you are using Victoria Island you pay less $130 or $160

Hope this helps?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hi @OGreene

A Travel Agent friend called me this morning, Emirates flight to London for N140,000 but i told him i will be flying into Manchester. I believe this Travel agents have a particular time of the day or a way they get cheap flights at times.

Just wondering if you are interested
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zoomzu(f): 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
M
iblaw:
Hi @OGreene

A Travel Agent friend called me this morning, Emirates flight to London for N140,000 but i told him i will be flying into Manchester. I believe this Travel agents have a particular time of the day or a way they get cheap flights at times.

I paid 192k for Air France to London City, my schedule DD is September, few days later it came down as low as 165k and few days after that it sky recketted to 248K. How I wish one could predict when prices comes down. I wish everyone good luck. Kudos to Justwise and other God sent angels in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunny4Gold: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Please can anyone help me confirm UK visiting visa fee (5 years)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

YOU can

Just go to the official UK visa site and look.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/indicative-visa-charges-for-2015-to-2016

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sarahska(f): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
I got this from ukba two days back(same day as my bday): The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa.  To complete this process we require that you submit your passport to our office at:

International Operations & Visas
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, 4th Floor
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

It is recommended that an international courier is used to submit your passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sarahska(f): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
Justwise thanks so much for those mails,God bless you. I pray it wont take so long to get my passort back after fighting settlement appeal since Oct 2014.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
iblaw:

That means you are being charged N245 to $1, that's quite high at this time. I have never used PAGA, last time i used my card to pay visa fee my bank charged me N206 to $1.

Has anyone used PAGA lately, please advise.

Thank you iblaw, I have contacted my bank and to my surprise, It didn't take me 2 minutes to make payment online, thanks to you all and I pray it ends in praises.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
justwise:

my bad I totally missed that, my apologies, ill get him to add them just so he has piece of mind smiley

kind regards, enjoy the bank holiday weekend, I gotta work it waaahhhhh cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
sarahska:
Justwise thanks so much for those mails,God bless you. I pray it wont take so long to get my passort back after fighting settlement appeal since Oct 2014.

That is good news...congratulations

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Portsmouth86:

my bad I totally missed that, my apologies, ill get him to add them just so he has piece of mind smiley

kind regards, enjoy the bank holiday weekend, I gotta work it waaahhhhh cry

I wish...working as well.

All the very best though

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sunny4Gold:

Fees
You must pay £85 to apply, plus an extra fee depending on the length of your long term-visit visa:

1 year - £324
2 years - £324
5 years - £588
10 years - £737

hope that helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2015
sarahska:
I got this from ukba two days back(same day as my bday): The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa.  To complete this process we require that you submit your passport to our office at:

International Operations & Visas
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, 4th Floor
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

It is recommended that an international courier is used to submit your passport.

Amazing news smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:44pm On Aug 29, 2015
justwise:

I wish...working as well.

All the very best though

Oh ok then, i feel better knowing I'm not alone hehe, I cant moan I get 3x pay for the bank holiday Monday smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:14am On Aug 30, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Oh ok then, i feel better knowing I'm not alone hehe, I cant moan I get 3x pay for the bank holiday Monday smiley

Lol lucky you I must say...not getting that though I had two days off

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:29am On Aug 30, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Lol lucky you I must say...not getting that though I had two days off

Dont see much of it as the tax i pay will then be more sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:29am On Aug 30, 2015
Am interested in that Virgin Atlantic deal. Let me pm you wink

iblaw:
Hi @OGreene

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:31am On Aug 30, 2015
The travel agents know how prices fluctuate.

zoomzu:
M

I paid 192k for Air France to London City, my schedule DD is September, few days later it came down as low as 165k and few days after that it sky recketted to 248K. How I wish one could predict when prices comes down. I wish everyone good luck. Kudos to Justwise and other God sent angels in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Yaaay! Better. What's d exch rate like? Now you can assist those trying to pay wt der debit cards.

Using Bank cards is better. I now pay wt my credit card. After I paid wt PAGA, I knew I wasn't going to use them for visa payment again. Too high!

askari01:

Thank you iblaw, I have contacted my bank and to my surprise, It didn't take me 2 minutes to make payment online, thanks to you all and I pray it ends in praises.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2015
@taolut, how far? Hoping to hear something positive from you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Dont see much of it as the tax i pay will then be more sad

Hahaha...let's not go there, I enjoyed tax free and tax returns when I was a student but now...lip sealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.