Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981936 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
@justwise, Been issued a 2yr visa and expired 2 yrs ago,what is the best visa to apply for a 4 weeks vocational course in UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CuteAngel(f): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Same with me. I submitted in the 31st Aug and got a mail on the 4th that a decision has been made. Although am yet to get my docs via courier. Fortunately am not nervous about the outcome. This is my second application after been rejected last month. What ever the outcome, NA GOD WIN. cool

askari01:
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days...this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
askari01:
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days... that a decision has been made and my package has been forwarded back to me....this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol

Sincerely i understand the way you feel but please calm down and hope for the best.

As i said before, when i went to pick up my passport a woman was sweating and fanning herself inside AC grin, I understand the way she feels because until you pick up your passport and know if you got visa or not many things are on stand still.

I expect to hear good news from you soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
CuteAngel:
Same with me. I submitted in the 31st Aug and got a mail on the 4th that a decision has been made. Although am yet to get my docs via courier. Fortunately am not nervous about the outcome. This is my second application after been rejected last month. What ever the outcome, NA GOD WIN. cool

@CuteAngel

That's nice

Whatever the outcome GODWIN and its not the end of the world.

But i expect to hear good news from you soon sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
Justwise and all the gurus in the house,i need your opinion on something. My sister is thinking of applying for a UK visa(first application),she earns close to 200k(after all deductions) with quarterly payments and has two kids and works with a reputable organisation. My question: is it adviceable to put in an application for just her(without the kids) or should she put an application for the three of them with that salary without including any doc from the husband cos he's not available. Which is the better option? Awaiting your answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
askari01:
Justwise, iblaw, vicjustice, Ogreen, etc... I am really scared now... I submitted on the 1st of September at ikeja centre and already concluded that at least it will take 10-15 days... but to my surprise, an email has been sent to my inbox since 4th september.... Just 3 days...this is unbelievable as I cannot even control my nerves again.... Pls what could have happened? Save me abegi...lol
I submitted the same day too. No update from them. Let's just hope for the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ginger123: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
@ house. I receive monthly upkeep from my husband directly into my account, how do I go about clarifying with paper evidence or will the remarks on the bank statement suffice. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fasttrack(m): 3:52am On Sep 08, 2015
justwise:

Have you ever been sent back to Nigeria from any country?

ofcourse i understand what they mean by deport, but never mind. Applied almost immediately . thanx anyways
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2015
APFM:
@justwise, Been issued a 2yr visa and expired 2 yrs ago,what is the best visa to apply for a 4 weeks vocational course in UK?

Short-term study visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2015
AceMiss:
Justwise and all the gurus in the house,i need your opinion on something. My sister is thinking of applying for a UK visa(first application),she earns close to 200k(after all deductions) with quarterly payments and has two kids and works with a reputable organisation. My question: is it adviceable to put in an application for just her(without the kids) or should she put an application for the three of them with that salary without including any doc from the husband cos he's not available. Which is the better option? Awaiting your answer

If she is traveling with them then yes she has to include them otherwise no.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2015
ginger123:
@ house. I receive monthly upkeep from my husband directly into my account, how do I go about clarifying with paper evidence or will the remarks on the bank statement suffice. Thanks

What remark is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oluebbie: 10:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Hello everyone, I am back again with my question.
I am presently a PhD student (3rd year) with my husband here (working on dependant visa).
We have a four year old and presently expecting a baby.
We want to apply for a visitor's visa for my mum-in-law towards the delivery of the baby.
I work few hours but my husband works and earns more.
I need to clarify two things, can I be the one inviting her (been a student) and present my husband's bank details?
or can I present my bank details (my husband intends to be putting his income in it now so as to run it)?
or better still should my hubby just be the one inviting her ?
I just want to know how to go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Sep 08, 2015
Oluebbie:
Hello everyone, I am back again with my question.
I am presently a PhD student (3rd year) with my husband here (working on dependant visa).
We have a four year old and presently expecting a baby.
We want to apply for a visitor's visa for my mum-in-law towards the delivery of the baby.
I work few hours but my husband works and earns more.
I need to clarify two things, can I be the one inviting her (been a student) and present my husband's bank details?
or can I present my bank details (my husband intends to be putting his income in it now so as to run it)?
or better still should my hubby just be the one inviting her ?
I just want to know how to go about it.

Both of you, invite her as a couple and that need to be stated in the invitation letter too. You can attach your bank statement and that of your hubby.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Oluebbie: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2015
justwise:

Both of you, invite her as a couple and that need to be stated in the invitation letter too. You can attach your bank statement and that of your hubby.

Thanks for that. Do have any idea of what they expect to see in the bank statement (how many months statement, how much should be in the account?)

One more thing can we make the application online from here?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ginger123: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2015
justwise:

What remark is that?
the remark that goes transfer between customers and carries the senders name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belloluddy: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good day great people. Pls I need your assistance as regards vacation for me and my family for this Xmas in the UK.
I am a structural engineer and my husband is a banker. We have 2 kids ages 3 and 7. All of us have a valid US visit visa, but only me and my husband visited the US for a wedding months ago and we spent 7 days each. Our kids never visited the US but they also have their visas. They recently got the visas.
We plan to spend the Xmas and new year in the UK as a family. I only have friends there in the UK. Will it be an easy ride for us to get a UK visas please ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oldion: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
@justwise

Please list those documents you submitted

Good Afternoon Justwise,

Employment letter
Confirmation Letter
Bank Statement & Letter from the bank(Current & Savings Account)
Letter of Inviatation
Land plan & Survey plan
CSCS account from my stock broker
Tax Clearance
Payslips
Letter of Introduction from my company
Company ID
Leave letter
Promotion Letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damkanlinsin(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
good day guys you have been doing a great job here,
guys please help me out .

guys i applied for uk visa in year 2012 but i was refused but on my refusal letter it was stated that i did not provide source of fund that all.
then i was in school, but now i am through with school and am working now and am doing my masters now but i want to apply again, should i still use my previous document or should i apply as a working class because is my parent that will pay for my flight and hotel reservation while i will pay for other expenses, mean while my parent as two children me and my senior brother please guys help me out because i want to apply this year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AceMiss: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
Thank Justwise but are you saying that she can put in an application for just herself and there won't be any issues? Won't they be curious why she's not going on vacation with her kids?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
justwise:

Short-term study visa
Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
Gudday everyone....big ups to all who have being keeping this thread going with meaningful contributions and suggestions...

I need advice on what to do...I work with the an oil and gas firm with a salary of 310k after tax...I was given a 6months visa last year which expired in May this year...though I travelled with it last year Dec for 10 days..

This time I want to travel wit my husband.as my last trip was really boring,just did my tours alone. But we have a little constraint..my husband due to downsizing in his place of work...he has being out of work for like 7months now,so no salary...though they promise to recall them soon.

1.Now is it possible for me to sponsor my husband?

2.Does he need to put his employment papers to show he is was working before and has being placed on standby

3. He had some savings of about 700k...that he paid into my account so as to add up to d expenses for d trip....so if am to fill d form wld I say he is sponsoring too or am the full sponsor..

4. I had some tips from work paid into my savings account... I do I prove d source of funds

Thanks so much while I await ur response

Cc
Justwise
Vicjustice
Epotek
Iblaw
And everyone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
damkanlinsin:

guys i applied for uk visa in year 2012 but i was refused but on my refusal letter it was stated that i did not provide source of fund that all.
then i was in school, but now i am through with school and am working now and am doing my masters now but i want to apply again, should i still use my previous document or should i apply as a working class because is my parent that will pay for my flight and hotel reservation while i will pay for other expenses, mean while my parent as two children me and my senior brother please guys help me out because i want to apply this year

You have asked this same question many times before, in April and May.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
teana4040:
Gudday everyone....big ups to all who have being keeping this thread going with meaningful contributions and suggestions...

I need advice on what to do...I work with the an oil and gas firm with a salary of 310k after tax...I was given a 6months visa last year which expired in May this year...though I travelled with it last year Dec for 10 days..

This time I want to travel wit my husband.as my last trip was really boring,just did my tours alone. But we have a little constraint..my husband due to downsizing in his place of work...he has being out of work for like 7months now,so no salary...though they promise to recall them soon.

2.Does he need to put his employment papers to show he is was working before and has being placed on standby

3. He had some savings of about 700k...that he paid into my account so as to add up to d expenses for d trip....so if am to fill d form wld I say he is sponsoring too or am the full sponsor..

4. I had some tips from work paid into my savings account... I do I prove d source of funds

Cc
Justwise
Vicjustice
Epotek
Iblaw
And everyone

Your hubby situation kept me thinking for long....its really complicated as those guys will just refuse in the name of either no economic ties or balance of probability.

To me, someone who is not working and in business cant say he's sponsoring someone else

What kind of letter did he get from his employer...Termination or Standby?

Hope the tips from your office into your saving account is official, if yes ask your Account dept for a simple letter regarding the payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
damkanlinsin:

Apply as a working class and provide good reasons why your parents are paying for your flight and hotel while you pay for your other expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
belloluddy:
Good day great people. Pls I need your assistance as regards vacation for me and my family for this Xmas in the UK.
I am a structural engineer and my husband is a banker. We have 2 kids ages 3 and 7. All of us have a valid US visit visa, but only me and my husband visited the US for a wedding months ago and we spent 7 days each. Our kids never visited the US but they also have their visas. They recently got the visas.
We plan to spend the Xmas and new year in the UK as a family. I only have friends there in the UK. Will it be an easy ride for us to get a UK visas please ?

Do you intend to stay with your friends or in an hotel?

Either way you are good to go...your trip to the US gives you a good travel history but that does not mean automatic visa oo make sure your papers are right(explain huge cash deposits in your account etc. Uk look at your papers and you will not be there to explain unlike US that look at your face and the way you answer questions at the interview.

Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
ginger123:
the remark that goes transfer between customers and carries the senders name

Indicate and explain that those deposits are from your hubby for house keeping...it will be good if its the same amount each month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 6:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
AceMiss:
Justwise and all the gurus in the house,i need your opinion on something. My sister is thinking of applying for a UK visa(first application),she earns close to 200k(after all deductions) with quarterly payments and has two kids and works with a reputable organisation. My question: is it adviceable to put in an application for just her(without the kids) or should she put an application for the three of them with that salary without including any doc from the husband[b] cos he's not available[/b]. Which is the better option? Awaiting your answer

What do you mean by he's not available, either way a letter/document from her hubby will be good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2015
teana4040:

Cc
Justwise
Vicjustice
Epotek
Iblaw
And everyone

1) As his spouse (who earns N310.000) per month, you are good to be his sponsor.
2) He can do that as an added advantage, but it is not necessary.
3) Either or both of you can be responsible for the trip: so it is OK if he is adding financial support, but it is not necessary.
4) If the "tip" makes a significant part of the money in your account, then, you would need to provide evidence of source, otherwise, it is insignificant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
I really appreciate ur response.... As regards the letter from his workplace...its letter of standby

Also recently he deposited some money into my account....do we need a covering letter or explanations for it
iblaw:

Your hubby situation kept me thinking for long....its really complicated as those guys will just refuse in the name of either no economic ties or balance of probability.

To me, someone who is not working and in business cant say he's sponsoring someone else

What kind of letter did he get from his employer...Termination or Standby?

Hope the tips from your office into your saving account is official, if yes ask your Account dept for a simple letter regarding the payment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks so much for d prompt response....it's greatly appreciated
Vicjustice:

1) As his spouse (who earns N310.000) per month, you are good to be his sponsor.
2) He can do that as an added advantage, but it is not necessary.
3) Either or both of you can be responsible for the trip: so it is OK if he is adding financial support, but it is not necessary.
4) If the "tip" makes a significant part of the money in your account, then, you would need to provide evidence of source, otherwise, it is insignificant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ginger123: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2015
iblaw:

Indicate and explain that those deposits are from your hubby for house keeping...it will be good if its the same amount each month.
thank you for taking the time to respond. Well noted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by belloluddy: 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
iblaw:

Do you intend to stay with your friends or in an hotel?

Either way you are good to go...your trip to the US gives you a good travel history but that does not mean automatic visa oo make sure your papers are right(explain huge cash deposits in your account etc. Uk look at your papers and you will not be there to explain unlike US that look at your face and the way you answer questions at the interview.

Best of luck
Thanks sir, for me and my hubby and 2 little kids. How much can we have in a bank account ?
Pls like how much ? We intend staying with a friend, or will hotel be a better option ?
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.