Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (985400 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
justwise: ςα̲̅n i appeal the decision??

[/b]

The highlighted parts are the prob, based on the money you earn from your work or business you don't have strong financial strength to travel to the UK and come back without over staying, as an adult, you can't depend on gifts(money) from family members for foreign leisure trip.

Putting the money you got from your mum and other relatives into your account for the visa application shows that you don't earn enough to be able to make the trip without leaving you out of pocket.

ςα̲̅ñ i appeal the decision??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
NuNu08: ςα̲̅ñ i appeal the decision??

You can if you want, nobody can guarantee the out come but it will take at least 6months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
justwise:

You can if you want, nobody can guarantee the out come but it will take at least 6months.
tnx justwise...ws goin to write appeal or put in 4 review??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
NuNu08: tnx justwise...ws goin to write appeal or put in 4 review??

It depend on what right you were given on the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
justwise:

It depend on what right you were given on the refusal letter.
what was stated theree s your right of appeal s Limited!!!! M jes askin 4 advice on what too do if i knw i won't be here askin!! Plss be straight & frank on adviisn me bout what to do @diss junction!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
NuNu08: what was stated theree s your right of appeal s Limited!!!! M jes askin 4 advice on what too do if i knw i won't be here askin!! Plss be straight & frank on adviisn me bout what to do @diss junction!

Oh really? So what gave you the impression that i have not been straight and frank with you since i have being advising? Well.......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Oh really? So what gave you the impression that i have not been straight and frank with you since i have being advising? Well.......
plss justwise dnt be offended sowiee bout mai mannerz!! U well appreciated 4rm the start...tnxx 4 evry!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
NuNu08: Can i appeal the decision??
Well, if you feel that you were unjustifiably refused the visa; or that your rights was infringed; or that you met and fulfil every requirement; and that there is nothing deserving of the refusal: then, you may appeal the decision. But if you think appeal is to beg them to tamper justice with mercy, then, forget it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
Vicjustice:
Well, if you feel that you were unjustifiably refused the visa; or that your rights was infringed; or that you met and fulfil every requirement; and that there is nothing deserving of the refusal: then, you may appeal the decision. But if you think appeal is to beg them to tamper justice with mercy, then, forget it.
tnxx vicjustice..well understood!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by preciousmee: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
Hello all, please i need a clarification on this visa issue I want to apply for UK visa with my family, am newly married with a son but have my E passport on my maiden name do i really need to change my passport to bear my husbands name? i have every other documents like the marriage cert, letter of into from my office which bears my maiden name and also my husbands name, news paper publication...i also understand that to change my name i have to go to Abuja just to snap which will be difficult for me. please your advice will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
preciousmee: Hello all, please i need a clarification on this visa issue I want to apply for UK visa with my family, am newly married with a son but have my E passport on my maiden name do i really need to change my passport to bear my husbands name? i have every other documents like the marriage cert, letter of into from my office which bears my maiden name and also my husbands name, news paper publication...i also understand that to change my name i have to go to Abuja just to snap which will be difficult for me. please your advice will be appreciated.
The data in a woman's married certificate is more important and over-rules the bio data in her passport. Therefore the names (as entered) in your marriage certificate are the names that you MUST use: any controversial identification will not be tolerated by the embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by preciousmee: 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
Vicjustice:
The data in a woman's married certificate is more important and over-rules the bio data in her passport. Therefore the names (as entered) in your marriage certificate are the names that you MUST use: any controversial identification will not be tolerated by the embassy

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. this means i have to go to Abuja to effect my change of name on my passport. this system to me is not right at all there should be a convenient way to do this.
All the same thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:53am On Aug 26, 2012
preciousmee:

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. this means i have to go to Abuja to effect my change of name on my passport. this system to me is not right at all there should be a convenient way to do this.
All the same thanks once again.
It's actually discouraging to have to pass through all that just to update your passport
Anyway, by standard requirement, your current passport is invalid due to the change of Surname; you can't apply for a visa using your (now) Maiden name as Surname; your visa application would be refused for identity reason: you are required to report your new surname to the Passport Issuing Authority for update, and to present both the old and new passports to the embassy when applying for a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 2:15am On Aug 26, 2012
Vicjustice:
If she has an accommodation available for you, there is absolutely no problem if you decide to state that you are staying in her house, but if you decide to stay away from her, that is also up to you, the decision is irrelevant and does not in any way impart your application

They would see your application according to what you are applying for, they can not treat your application as a Family Visit if you are applying for a Tourist Visa irrespective of who you declared to stay with; Believe me, i had applied for a Tourist Visa before and i declared to stay with an asylum seeker who was residing in a big house with his wife and 3 children, and the application was approved:
Your visa application would be decided according to your own calibre rather than your sister's circumstances.

Just like staying in any other accommodation facility, if you decide to reside at your sister's place, you would require to prove that there is accommodation available for you; she would be required to provide her Tenancy-Agreement/Rent-Book with proof of up-to-date rent payment: She would not be required to provide anything other than these.

Depending on the kind of agreement that she has... If she is renting the whole House/Apartment (and the Tenancy-Agreement declares so), she would not need to contact the landlord about whoever she allows to visit and temporary reside with her, but if she is renting a part of the house or sharing with others, then, she needs clearance from the Landlord as well as approval from co tenants: and these should be done in writing, signed by all concerned and address to the Embassy.

It depends on the Hotel Policy, please, refer to the Terms and Conditions of the hotel before clicking to "Accept"

Your visa application would be considered in its own merit and according to its category and based on your personal calibre, and not according to your sister's circumstances. You are good to go.

Bross thank you, one more thing, my sister stays in Bournemouth, and from what i heard its a remote area, i want to stay in london, while looking for accommodation online, i came across this site airbnb dot com. some offers they had was cool but i dont know if they are real, have you heard of them and can i present an accommodation i booked in that place to the embassy.?

hope to hear from you thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2012
osile2012:

Bross thank you, one more thing, my sister stays in Bournemouth, and from what i heard its a remote area, i want to stay in london, while looking for accommodation online, i came across this site airbnb dot com. some offers they had was cool but i dont know if they are real, have you heard of them and can i present an accommodation i booked in that place to the embassy.?

Well, the website is real and popular to tourists. And yes, you can arrange bookings with them for presentation to the embassy.
It seems you are just learning that your sister resides in a "remote" area, and I like to caution you that it is a jeopardy to not have adequate knowledge of the UK, especially the immediate areas that you intend to visit: you need to search the net and learn of the tourist attractions, or at least have plan of activities of the areas that you would be visiting because, you would need to satisfy the Visa Officer in this regard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ajaljnr: 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2012
Good day NLs. I submitted my application for 2yrs renewal since July 3rd and up till this minute, whenever I track the application on VFS website, I always get same response i.e it's been forwarded to the british embassy. I believe renewal shouldn't even be up to 15 working days but in my own case its over 35 working days now (7weeks and 5 days). Has anyone ever experienced this kind of delay please? And what do you suggest I do please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vicjustice:
It's actually discouraging to have to pass through all that just to update your passport
Anyway, by standard requirement, your current passport is invalid due to the change of Surname; you can't apply for a visa using your (now) Maiden name as Surname; your visa application would be refused for identity reason: you are required to report your new surname to the Passport Issuing Authority for update, and to present both the old and new passports to the embassy when applying for a visa

Hmm..so what happens if its this lady's husband that wants to apply for the Nigerian Visa. And since she'd be the sponsor. Would her husband's application be at a disadvantage because her passport still has her maiden name instead of her husbands surname? If u get my msg. Curious if the law applies differently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2012
ajaljnr: Good day NLs. I submitted my application for 2yrs renewal since July 3rd and up till this minute, whenever I track the application on VFS website, I always get same response i.e it's been forwarded to the british embassy. I believe renewal shouldn't even be up to 15 working days but in my own case its over 35 working days now (7weeks and 5 days). Has anyone ever experienced this kind of delay please? And what do you suggest I do please?
It is absolutely normal to experience such delays especially if the visa sought is not considered time sensitive

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
Sure if its over 20 working days (a month) past its usual time, that's not exactly normal is it?

If its past the usual time, think I've read somewhere that you're allowed to call up and enquire about it.

I'm assuming 15 working days is the usual time. Yes?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vergil:

Hmm..so what happens if its this lady's husband that wants to apply for the Nigerian Visa. And since she'd be the sponsor. Would her husband's application be at a disadvantage because her passport still has her maiden name instead of her husbands surname? If u get my msg. Curious if the law applies differently.
To answer your question, the same might not apply to the husband, but common reasoning will tell us that there is no way you can get a visa if the deciding officer has some doubts about your (sponsoring) wife's surname situation
But why would any reasonable person give a Visa Officer an occasion to doubt his marital relationship, or subject his visa application to an argument about surnames?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SOTAJ: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
osile2012:

Well, the website is real and popular to tourists. And yes, you can arrange bookings with them for presentation to the embassy.
It seems you are just learning that your sister resides in a "remote" area, and I like to caution you that it is a jeopardy to not have adequate knowledge of the UK, especially the immediate areas that you intend to visit: you need to search the net and learn of the tourist attractions, or at least have plan of activities of the areas that you would be visiting because, you would need to satisfy the Visa Officer in this regard

@osile2012, for your information, Bournemouth is not a remote area. I normally spend most of my vacations in Bournemouth and I can tell you it is not a dull place. Just that it is not as populated as London and the nightlife is not as bubbling as London.

But, if you really want to escape from the hussles in Lagos (which is the essence of vacation), the place is cool.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2012
@ vicjustice, justwise et al.
Was refused visa Yrs back on the basis that I wasn't married.
Right now I'm still unmarried legally but ve a 6 year old kid and a pregnant live in girlfriend.
Pls how do I present myself as I would like girlfriend and expected little one to go for visitation next year God willing.
Friends say I could get marriage certificate back door.
Guys what do u think.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2012
kolnel: @ vicjustice, justwise et al.
Was refused visa Yrs back on the basis that I wasn't married.
Right now I'm still unmarried legally but ve a 6 year old kid and a pregnant live in girlfriend.
Pls how do I present myself as I would like girlfriend and expected little one to go for visitation next year God willing.
Friends say I could get marriage certificate back door.
Guys what do u think.
Thanks.
What paragraph in the visa application suggests that people that are not married must not be given a visa, or what code in the immigration law makes it illegal for singles to get a visa?
Well, i have been campaigning and warning people of the danger of using "back door" documents, so, i'll feel no regret for whoever is dum enough to get him/herself into a lasting ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 11:10pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vicjustice:
To answer your question, the same might not apply to the husband, but common reasoning will tell us that there is no way you can get a visa if the deciding officer has some doubts about your (sponsoring) wife's surname situation
But why would any reasonable person give a Visa Officer an occasion to doubt his marital relationship, or subject his visa application to an argument about surnames?

But why also would there be any doubt when a marriage certificate would be included? Like the initial person said.
I understood her issues. Since she is in Nigeria, she is the applicant and she got married in Nigeria. I can understand why it would be a good idea to update her passport.
But I just thought, what if the exact opposite was the case. Her husband is in Nigeria, he is the applicant and they got married in Nigeria. Surely, the marriage certificate would now have to be taken abroad (assuming she has a foreign passport), just to update her passport, and sent back to the husband to include in his application. So, as the sponsor, she'd be making use of an updated passport to compliment his application.
I'm sure the visa guys would have taken this into account and cos of this, there won't be any issue regarding surnames in a scenario like this. Since it would not only take time but cost more too.
Wasn't sure, figured I ask. Just wondering really.
To conclude, I'm thinking if it was the husband that's in Nigeria, maybe (like you said) this won't be an issue (surname; passport update).

Get me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vicjustice:

ok thanks bross, something came up again.

my sister said she will be doing graduation in nov so i should hold on let her send me invitation letter for the school, that it will be easier. now if she sends invitation letter from school this week, will it make sense if i apply in sept against nov, will it be too early.

from my study in this forum about finance in application, i have a question to ask, someone that recieves constant payment from a family estate, and does not have employment is the person qualified to apply for tourist visa?

in my case, i am currently unemployed, my family has properties(inherited from late father) for rent, we buy properties and sell properties, we also buy land build and rent. these transactions are negotiated by our family estate lawyer, payments are made to him and he deposits to my elder brothers account.

no i am entitled to 30% of money generated from rent and any sales transaction, there is no documentation to this, it is a result of family meeting. this 30% amounts to about 2mill naira anually. i recieve deposits into my account every month, from 100k to 300 or 400k depending on how much was generated. in the past 6months the deposits in my account is over 1.2mill. i currently have 700k in my account.

i intend to present some property deeds, property sales and purchase transactions and tenancy agreement. my problem now is, since i dont have a job, but receive money to the tune of 2.something mil annually. will i be disqualified as not having a job, or will the funds i recieve from property be taken as a job?

now u see the page they put behind for additional information, i dont think it will be enough for my explanations, is it better for me to attach a letter to my application to explain further instead of using that page?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ajaljnr: 11:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vergil: Sure if its over 20 working days (a month) past its usual time, that's not exactly normal is it?

If its past the usual time, think I've read somewhere that you're allowed to call up and enquire about it.

I'm assuming 15 working days is the usual time. Yes?

Thanks, dyu have the number I could reach them at please?

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vergil:

But why also would there be any doubt when a marriage certificate would be included? Like the initial person said.
I understood her issues. Since she is in Nigeria, she is the applicant and she got married in Nigeria. I can understand why it would be a good idea to update her passport.
But I just thought, what if the exact opposite was the case. Her husband is in Nigeria, he is the applicant and they got married in Nigeria. Surely, the marriage certificate would now have to be taken abroad (assuming she has a foreign passport), just to update her passport, and sent back to the husband to include in his application. So, as the sponsor, she'd be making use of an updated passport to compliment his application.
I'm sure the visa guys would have taken this into account and cos of this, there won't be any issue regarding surnames in a scenario like this. Since it would not only take time but cost more too.
Wasn't sure, figured I ask. Just wondering really.
To conclude, I'm thinking if it was the husband that's in Nigeria, maybe (like you said) this won't be an issue (surname; passport update).

Get me?
You make this analysis based on your opinions, but bear in mind that Visa Officers are trained to have suspicious attitude and to dig for any reason to refuse visa rather than reasons to approve it hence if visa applicant is 95% convincing, and 5% questionable, he would be refused the visa based on the 5% error.
I don't think the money that it would cost to apply for a new passport exceeds the cost of a failed visa application.
As a married woman who has a marriage certificate in which she signed to bear her husband's surname, her Passport with her original surname is thereby invalid. That is it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 12:35am On Aug 27, 2012
Vicjustice: You make this analysis based on your opinions, but bear in mind that Visa Officers are trained to have suspicious attitude and to dig for any reason to refuse visa rather than reasons to approve it hence if visa applicant is 95% convincing, and 5% questionable, he would be refused the visa based on the 5% error.
I don't think the money that it would cost to apply for a new passport exceeds the cost of a failed visa application.
As a married woman who has a marriage certificate in which she signed to bear her husband's surname, her Passport with her original surname is thereby invalid. That is it.

I'm sure most approved applications haven't been 100% convincing and 0% error. Think from the lady's angle, it makes sense and its advisable to do so. But if it was the other way round, it aint as straight forward. Why? Cost, time (people could be in a hurry; have deadlines etc) etc. Most times, ECO discretion plays a pivotal role.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:39am On Aug 27, 2012
osile2012:

ok thanks bross, something came up again.

my sister said she will be doing graduation in nov so i should hold on let her send me invitation letter for the school, that it will be easier. now if she sends invitation letter from school this week, will it make sense if i apply in sept against nov, will it be too early.
No, it is not too early, in fact, you are recommended to make your visa application early to allow enough time in order to minimise the risk of [sub][/sub]delays.

osile2012:
from my study in this forum about finance in application, i have a question to ask, someone that recieves constant payment from a family estate, and does not have employment is the person qualified to apply for tourist visa?
To be honest, if you were in Europe, you would be in jail because, this is exceedingly illegal: It is the failed Nigerian system that makes you consider yourself "unemployed" despite the fact that you are managing an estate business: this context alone shows that the business is not properly documented; so, it would be unacceptable to the embassy.
If the "family estate" is a well documented legitimate business and its transactions are in compliance with the revenue authority guidelines, why would you have any problem?

osile2012:
in my case, i am currently unemployed, my family has properties(inherited from late father) for rent, we buy properties and sell properties, we also buy land build and rent. these transactions are negotiated by our family estate lawyer, payments are made to him and he deposits to my elder brothers account.
Well, the Visa Officer would see all these as corruption and will absolutely consider you as a corrupt and illegal business-person

osile2012: now i am entitled to 30% of money generated from rent and any sales transaction, there is no documentation to this, it is a result of family meeting. this 30% amounts to about 2mill naira anually. i recieve deposits into my account every month, from 100k to 300 or 400k depending on how much was generated. in the past 6months the deposits in my account is over 1.2mill. i currently have 700k in my account.
Again, this is absolutely illegal and punishable by time in jail, i wonder why your sister (who resides in Europe) never warned you of how it is done here. You can't be a landlord who collects huge rent incomes and yet claims to be unemployed, you are a manager of a huge estate business and that is a big time employment: It would have been easier for you if you had done the right paperworks and pay your taxes, by that, you would get any visa to any country in the world with ease since your properties could be used as obligations or home ties

osile2012: i intend to present some property deeds, property sales and purchase transactions and tenancy agreement. my problem now is, since i dont have a job, but receive money to the tune of 2.something mil annually. will i be disqualified as not having a job, or will the funds i recieve from property be taken as a job?
You will definitely be disqualified because, to the European mindset, you are seen as a corrupt businessman and a tax cheat

osile2012: now u see the page they put behind for additional information, i dont think it will be enough for my explanations, is it better for me to attach a letter to my application to explain further instead of using that page?
You are allowed to attach additional sheets if the box for additional information is not sufficient: but i just don't see how you can explain to them that you are not involved in corruption.
Nigeria go survive?
I'm sorry, but i just have to be honest with you, please, don't take it personal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 12:41am On Aug 27, 2012
ajaljnr:

Thanks, dyu have the number I could reach them at please?

Thanks in advance

Would have given you the number found on their site. But since I found this here and since its been used. Figured, I give you this. Its from this thread: www.nairaland.com/331618/uk-student-visa-tier-4/138 .

honey86:
I submitted in lagos so i called. 012710919. It
takes tym for the call to go thru but you have
to keep on trying. Wish everyone in the house
the best of good things of life. Mr justwise,thank
you so much. May you also see the help of God
in action when you need it.

So try it if you submitted in Lagos. 012710919

Else, google "british high commission nigeria" and look for their "contact us" number.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 1:19am On Aug 27, 2012
Vicjustice:
No, it is not too early, in fact, you are recommended to make your visa application early to allow enough time in order to minimise the risk of delays.

To be honest, if you were in Europe, you would be in jail because, this is exceedingly illegal: It is the failed Nigerian system that makes you consider yourself "unemployed" despite the fact that you are managing an estate business: this context alone shows that the business is not properly documented; so, it would be unacceptable to the embassy.
If the "family estate" is a well documented legitimate business and its transactions are in compliance with the revenue authority guidelines, why would you have any problem?

Well, the Visa Officer would see all these as corruption and will absolutely consider you as a corrupt and illegal businessman.

Again, this is absolutely illegal and punishable by time in jail, i wonder why your sister (who reside in Europe) never warned you of how it is done here. You can't be a landlord who collects huge rent incomes and yet claims to be unemployed, you are a manager of a huge estate business and that is a big time employment: It would have been easier for you if you had done the right paperworks and pay your taxes, by that, you would get any visa to any country in the world with ease since your properties could be used as obligations or home ties

You will definitely be disqualified because, to the European mindset, you are seen as a corrupt businessman and tax cheat

You are allowed to attach additional sheets if the box for additional information is not sufficient: but i just don't see how you can explain to them that you are not involved in corruption.
Nigeria go survive?
I'm sorry,but i just have to be honest with you, please, don't take it personal.

lol bross i understand where you are coming from oo. but look at the situation here.

this properties are inherited from my late father, now we have a family lawyer who also deals in real-estate, he finds the buyer for our property, negotiates on our behalf, payment is made to his firm and he pays to use, same thing applies when we want to purchase, we purchase through him.

the main purchase funds are deposited in my elder brothers personal account from the estate agency . i want to ask, assuming i was a retired civil servant, and my late husband left some properties behind which is rented out, and i am surviving from the rent. do i have to go and register a company, to rent from my late husbands property ?

As a widow who her husband left properties behind for, does she have to register the properties as a business she receives income from ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2012
osile2012:

lol bross i understand where you are coming from oo. but look at the situation here.

this properties are inherited from my late father, now we have a family lawyer who also deals in real-estate, he finds the buyer for our property, negotiates on our behalf, payment is made to his firm and he pays to use, same thing applies when we want to purchase, we purchase through him.

the main purchase funds are deposited in my elder brothers personal account from the estate agency . i want to ask, assuming i was a retired civil servant, and my late husband left some properties behind which is rented out, and i am surviving from the rent. do i have to go and register a company, to rent from my late husbands property ?

As a widow who her husband left properties behind for, does she have to register the properties as a business she receives income from ?
You are saying all these because you are in Nigeria, a failed country with entire corrupt system.
In Europe, there is no house that is unregistered, there is no Landlord that would claim to be unemployed (because, property management is a self-employed/owner occupation), and there is no rent income that is not taxed except in certain conditions...
Now, this is how the rules are supposed to be: Any thing that generates income is supposed to be registered and the income taxed, and as an estate property owner/manager, you are not supposed to claim "unemployed" especially when such huge incomes are involved: that is considered corruption in the eyes of Europeans

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.