Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983496 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by osile2012: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
justwise:

If you are sponsoring yourself then you don't need IV from her.

It will be difficult for her landlady to give her any paper evidence that could be submitted in the embassy, let her get you cheap BB(Bed and Breakfast) accommodation close to her. You can pay for 10days if you want.

wow, thanks for responding fast.

please i have another question, can i state that i have a sister and i will be visiting her? do i need to provide her address, contact details and copy of her passport page?

secondly, is it possible for her to book the BB without payment or do i have to send her money to make payment? if i do send her money, should i include evidence of transfer and state that my sister paid for the accommodation on my behalf?

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2012
osile2012:

wow, thanks for responding fast.

please i have another question, can i state that i have a sister and i will be visiting her? do i need to provide her address, contact details and copy of her passport page?

secondly, is it possible for her to book the BB without payment or do i have to send her money to make payment? if i do send her money, should i include evidence of transfer and state that my sister paid for the accommodation on my behalf?

thanks

There is nothing wrong with stating that you have a sister, if you are asked for her address then give it but you will not be asked to send the data age of her passport since she is not inviting or sponsoring your trip.

Some B&Bs allows reservation without payment, she needs to find out about their reservation policies. you don't have to include evidence of transfer, all you need to show is the evidence of reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2012
osile2012: Good Day,

I came across this website , while researching on Nigeria and UK travel requirement. I am planning to apply for uk visa by the end of this month but have some confusion in filling the form.

this is the case with me, i have enough funds to sponsor my trip,so i am applying as a general tourist. i have a sister who finished her masters in uk and her visa will expire this year.she stays in a shared apartment and said there is extra room that i can pay for and she can talk to her land lady instead of me paying for hotel.

I do not want it to look like a family visit because from the requirements of a family visit, the person you are visiting must have permanent residence in uk.

these are my questions.

1)should i pay for accommodation away from where she is stay?
If she has an accommodation available for you, there is absolutely no problem if you decide to state that you are staying in her house, but if you decide to stay away from her, that is also up to you, the decision is irrelevant and does not in any way impart your application

osile2012: 2) if i state that i will be staying in the same address with her, even though i will pay for the room, will they see it as family visit?
They would see your application according to what you are applying for, they can not treat your application as a Family Visit if you are applying for a Tourist Visa irrespective of who you declared to stay with; Believe me, i had applied for a Tourist Visa before and i declared to stay with an asylum seeker who was residing in a big house with his wife and 3 children, and the application was approved:
Your visa application would be decided according to your own calibre rather than your sister's circumstances.

osile2012: 2)3)they ask if i know anybody in uk and i have to state that i have a sister and i will visit her during my stay, do i need invitation letter from her even though i am sponsoring myself and she is not the main reason i am coming there?
Just like staying in any other accommodation facility, if you decide to reside at your sister's place, you would require to prove that there is accommodation available for you; she would be required to provide her Tenancy-Agreement/Rent-Book with proof of up-to-date rent payment: She would not be required to provide anything other than these.

osile2012: 2)4)if she talk to her landlady and she accept to give the room for my stay, there will be no receipt of payment, so how will the embassy be sure that the accommodation is available?
Depending on the kind of agreement that she has... If she is renting the whole House/Apartment (and the Tenancy-Agreement declares so), she would not need to contact the landlord about whoever she allows to visit and temporary reside with her, but if she is renting a part of the house or sharing with others, then, she needs clearance from the Landlord as well as approval from co tenants: and these should be done in writing, signed by all concerned and address to the Embassy.

osile2012: 2)5)is it possible to pay for a hotel for 10days, if i get there i can stay 2 days, and ask for refund then move to my sisters accommodation.
It depends on the Hotel Policy, please, refer to the Terms and Conditions of the hotel before clicking to "Accept"

osile2012: 2)the accommodation she is offering is cheaper, but i dont want them to consider it a family visit. please advice me on how to go about it.
Your visa application would be considered in its own merit and according to its category and based on your personal calibre, and not according to your sister's circumstances. You are good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by prisca1: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2012
i am not re-applying because my employee wrote in my letter that i was on leave for one month which is almost due i don't want the embassy to use that against me, u know they can also say am desperate. i just pray the appeal works by December, i thought maybe i could send it to the BHC but it was stated in the forms
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vergil: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2012
SOTAJ: i have filled the appeal form and addressed every issue that was raised in the notice of decision do. where do i send it? is it to the BHC or do i post it directly to the tribunal in uk. am confused i have 7 days to go

@Prisca1.Why don't you just reapply outrightly instead of the appeal,having done all the necessary corrections?

I could remember earlier this year, my son's visa application was refused based on some errors as a result of the way one clumpsy VFS lady handled the package. Having sent a complaint letter to the British High Commission, we just included what was requested for and reapplied straight instead of appealing, lo and behold, my son's visa came out after just above 5-6 working days.

So, I'll rather you reapply after addressing the issues raised.

My 1 cent though.

What?! So the staffs at Uk-VAC would make a mistake and the BHC would blame u for it. That's just unfair.
How did u find out the mistake was from the staffs at UK-VAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 4:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
Please nairalanders? How do one get to sure and know if one has been placed under the 10 years ban? I need to know as it was never mentioned in previous refusal notes and indeed was given the right to appeal but gotta be sure, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
opsy4real1: Please nairalanders? How do one get to sure and know if one has been placed under the 10 years ban? I need to know as it was never mentioned in previous refusal notes and indeed was given the right to appeal but gotta be sure, thanks
Unless you specifically ask them, Visa Officers are not obliged to tell you whether you are banned or not: If your visa application was refused, and the reason (or part of the reasons) is on the basis of deceitful attempt etc, then, you are under a ban 100%.
Don't be deceived by the "rights of appeal" you would still be given that right due to the category of visa that you applied for: but nothing can over-turn a ban unless the embassy was wrong in misjudging your documents to be fake etc. Well, you should know by yourself whether you were caught with deceit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by santa101: 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
@ all....I work for a consultin firm which handles training in the uk and i work as one of their manager.this is my first time apllyin with the company.We applied for several state workers and they were granted and some were refused..Despite showing all neccesary docs like approval of d trainin by d commisioner which indicates my company name.hotel bookings frm hotel in d uk,bank statement of company ,pay slip,employment letter,copy of id card,tax clearance,copy of cscs account of shares worth 150k,bank statemnt of salary for 6 months showing 70k as salary ,letter from company stating their willingness to sponsor me for the trip i was denied twice along side the state delegates and we had to shift the date cos we felt we were all denied cos of the olympics.so a later date has been slated and fresh hotel bookings done.Please advice is needed on wat to do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ok then, thanks but how do i get to ask them? Email, phone call or by what way?thx
Vicjustice: Unless you specifically ask them, Visa Officers are not obliged to tell you whether you are banned or not: If your visa application was refused, and the reason (or part of the reasons) is on the basis of deceitful attempt etc, then, you are under a ban 100%.
Don't be deceived by the "rights of appeal" you would still be given that right due to the category of visa that you applied for: but nothing can over-turn a ban unless the embassy was wrong in misjudging your documents to be fake etc.Well, should know by yourself whether you were caught with deceit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:11am On Aug 22, 2012
opsy4real1: Ok then, thanks but how do i get to ask them? Email, phone call or by what way?thx
You had the chance when you applied for the visa, I mean, you could have asked them when you were being handed the refusal letter. Now, you can't have that opportunity except when you apply for the visa again. But like I explained, you know the answer yourself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:17am On Aug 22, 2012
santa101: @ all....I work for a consultin firm which handles training in the uk and i work as one of their manager.this is my first time apllyin with the company.We applied for several state workers and they were granted and some were refused..Despite showing all neccesary docs like approval of d trainin by d commisioner which indicates my company name.hotel bookings frm hotel in d uk,bank statement of company ,pay slip,employment letter,copy of id card,tax clearance,copy of cscs account of shares worth 150k,bank statemnt of salary for 6 months showing 70k as salary ,letter from company stating their willingness to sponsor me for the trip i was denied twice along side the state delegates and we had to shift the date cos we felt we were all denied cos of the olympics.so a later date has been slated and fresh hotel bookings done.Please advice is needed on wat to do?
You seem to have done everything well, but that does not mean the Visa Officer would be satisfied with your salary and your 150k worth "account of shares". I see your finance circumstance as the little problem here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by santa101: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
@vicjustice..rilly appreciate your response...my father too has properties as well...can i like myself to these as my father is very much alive?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dunte: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
hello.. i finished a year foundation programe in the uk last year and i intend to go collect my certificate as i was only given a year visa then that lapsed prior to the expiration of the programme,now i intend going for a visit for the collection of my cert .. i checked the requirements for the sponsor...below is what i saw on the ukba website.....What documents should a sponsor provide to support a general visitor's application?

Sponsoring a general visitor
This page explains what documents you may need to supply to support your general visitor's application.

The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We may ask you to send us:

evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom; and
a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the person who is applying, the purpose of the visit and where your general visitor will stay.

my question is>> my sponsor has not been to the uk before and may i know the suitable requirements for my application. thanks in adv
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
dunte: hello.. i finished a year foundation programe in the uk last year and i intend to go collect my certificate as i was only given a year visa then that lapsed prior to the expiration of the programme,now i intend going for a visit for the collection of my cert .. i checked the requirements for the sponsor...below is what i saw on the ukba website.....What documents should a sponsor provide to support a general visitor's application?

Sponsoring a general visitor
This page explains what documents you may need to supply to support your general visitor's application.

The documents we need will depend on the circumstances of the case. We may ask you to send us:

evidence of your own immigration status in the United Kingdom; and
a letter of sponsorship explaining your relationship to the person who is applying, the purpose of the visit and where your general visitor will stay.

my question is>> my sponsor has not been to the uk before and may i know the suitable requirements for my application. thanks in adv

If your purpose of going to the UK is to collect the certificate then i don't think you will be given a visa because the school can post that certificate to you in Nigeria.That is not good enough reason to travel to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hey justwise&vicjustice.....i was refused visa today with a̶̲̥̅ decision from thee officer that the credit & balances inn mai acc are not consistent wit mai declared monthly income.......therfore hs not satisfied dart †ђξ statement iss a true reflection off mai financial circumstances..therefore hs not satisfied & refused mai application on thee balance of probabilities that ​ meet all of †ђξ requiremnts of †ђξ relevant paragraph of thee UK immigration rules....yur right of appeal is limited!!!!!!watt do yu tink plsss m i under a ban or ςα̲̅ñ i appeal??th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
NuNu08: Hey justwise&vicjustice.....i was refused visa today with a̶̲̥̅ decision from thee officer that the credit & balances inn mai acc are not consistent wit mai declared monthly income.......therfore hs not satisfied dart †ђξ statement iss a true reflection off mai financial circumstances..therefore hs not satisfied & refused mai application on thee balance of probabilities that ​ meet all of †ђξ requiremnts of †ђξ relevant paragraph of thee UK immigration rules....yur right of appeal is limited!!!!!!watt do yu tink plsss m i under a ban or ςα̲̅ñ i appeal??th
Sorry about the refusal.
You need to have the "full rights of Appeal" in order to be eligible for appealing a visa refusal, and you get the rights according to the visa category: for example; Family-Visit or Student visa application, but if you are applying for Tourist visa, then, your rights of appeal is "Limited" which means, you do not qualify for the rights of appeal.
Now, if the visa officer judged that the discrepancies between your monthly declared income and your bank statement is as a result of fraud (ie fake or tampered documents), then, you are definitely under the 10 years ban. But if it is as a result of money lodgement (depositing a lump sum of money into your account for the purpose of presentation), then, it is an ordinary refusal and this kind of refusal does not attract the ban
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice:
Sorry about the refusal.
You need to have the "full rights of Appeal" in order to be eligible for appealing a visa refusal, and you get the rights according to the visa category: for example; Family-Visit or Student visa application, but if you are applying for Tourist visa, then, your rights of appeal is "Limited" which means, you do not qualify for the rights of appeal.
Now, if the visa officer judged that the discrepancies between your monthly declared income and your bank statement is as a result of fraud (ie fake or tampered documents), then, you are definitely under the 10 years ban. But if it is as a result of money lodgement (depositing a lump sum of money into your account for the purpose of presentation), then, it is an ordinary refusal and this kind of refusal does not attract the ban
yes it is family visit.....buh i wasn't refused on thee basis of lump sum...... mai credit & balance are not consistent wiv mai declared monthly income §ø hs not satisfied dart thee statement is a true reflection of mai financial circumstances..........though which i included dart i receive income 4rm late fatherz property & mum which accumulate the money in mai acc.....wat do i do? Can i appeal??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice: Are you really sure that you rightly tick the Family Visit category? This category definitely attracts the full rights of appeal except the person that you are visiting does not have the rights to invite you (that is, s/he is neither a UK citizen nor is s/he holding long-term/permanent residency).
Now, i need you to be plain about this; the incomes that displayed in your bank statement, are they as result of genuine payment (howbeit irregular), or is the statement arranged or composed to display them in the paperwork?
Are you really sure that you rightly tick the Family Visit category? This category definitely attracts the full rights of appeal except the person that you are visiting does not have the rights to invite you (that is, s/he is neither a UK citizen nor is s/he holding long-term/permanent residency).
Now, i need you to be plain about this; the incomes that displayed in your bank statement, are they as result of genuine payment (howbeit irregular), or is the statement arranged or composed to display them in the paperwork?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice:
Are you really sure that you rightly tick the Family Visit category? This category definitely attracts the full rights of appeal except the person that you are visiting does not have the rights to invite you (that is, s/he is neither a UK citizen nor is s/he holding long-term/permanent residency).
yes i tick †ђξ family visit!!!& mai Cousin that invited me hs bin a citizen since 2003....& mai bank statemnt s a genuiue one 4rm mai GTb bank....buh i stated mai monthly income 4rm mai store as 12K(£48)which s true & i also states dart i receive income 4rm late fatherz property which i included administration letter 4rm court & consent letter 4rm mum & brother who i also receive money 4rm....another tin the VO said in thee letter was that i dint include mai tax clearance certicate τ̅☺ proff fund in mai acc,,,buh i did include mai tax clearance receipt original 4rm internal revenue!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
NuNu08: yes i tick †ђξ family visit!!!& mai Cousin that invited me hs bin a citizen since 2003....& mai bank statemnt s a genuiue one 4rm mai GTb bank....buh i stated mai monthly income 4rm mai store as 12K(£48)which s true & i also states dart i receive income 4rm late fatherz property which i included administration letter 4rm court & consent letter 4rm mum & brother who i also receive money 4rm....another tin the VO said in thee letter was that i dint include mai tax clearance certicate τ̅☺ proff fund in mai acc,,,buh i did include mai tax clearance receipt original 4rm internal revenue!!
Not that i want to doubt you, but if everything is genuine as you explained, then why were you originally concerned that you might have been given the 10 years ban?
Well, if what you explained is correct, then, you are not under any ban. And also, you should have the rights to appeal a family visit visa application, so i suspect that there is more to it than explained.
Oh, perhaps your cousin is seen as more of a distant relative than is legally entitled to make you eligible for appeal: The ECO might have use his own discretion in determining your rights of appeal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Vicjustice:
Not that i want to doubt you, but if everything is genuine as you explained, then why were you originally concerned that you might have been given the 10 years ban?
Well, if what you explained is correct, then, you are not under any ban. And also, you should have the rights to appeal a family visit visa application, so i suspect that there is more to it than explained.
Oh, perhaps your cousin is seen as more of a distant relative than is legally entitled to make you eligible for appeal: The ECO might have use his own discretion in determining your rights of appeal
i jes wanted to confirm if am under a ban cus hav read O̶̷̩̥̊͡ bout †ђξ Eco not stating if sum1 is bin ban....moreso itz mai 1st Cousin that invited me!! Everytin hav sed here s nuiiin buh the truth! So i jes need advice on the next step to take ..cus at the back of refusal paper †ђξ Eco states:;yur right of appeal is limited!! Dart scares me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
House pls help I have a brother (UK CITIZEN)the same father & mother, who wanted to invite me and my daughter to UK to spend my annual Leave.But my salary is very poor i.e 35k/ month which I know it does what to present to ECO.
Questions.

1. what can i do to my salary account in order to be representable to ECO.
2. Can I do passport for 2yrs old child?
3. I don't have marriage certificate.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
jidebobo: House pls help I have a brother (UK CITIZEN)the same father & mother, who wanted to invite me and my daughter to UK to spend my annual Leave.But my salary is very poor i.e 35k/ month which I know it does what to present to ECO.
Good that you are aware of this

jidebobo: Questions.1. what can i do to my salary account in order to be representable to ECO.
Nothing, it is better not to apply at all to avoid you loosing your hard earned money: but if you must apply, then, i recommend that you apply as your salary is because, it is better to be refused and be eligible to apply next time than to be refused and be banned for 10 years.

jidebobo: 2. Can I do passport for 2yrs old child?
Yes, you can do an individual passport for your two years old child, most embassies won't accept the child endorsed in your passport

jidebobo: 3. I don't have marriage certificate.
Thanks.
If you do not have a marriage certificate, then, you are not officially married, you can't call the mother of your child your wife or spouse: In Europe, they call such "Girlfriend" or "Partner".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dunte: 10:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
thanks for the response but then what else could i say my mission is as i needed to visit uk by October.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
NuNu08: Hey justwise&vicjustice.....i was refused visa today with a̶̲̥̅ decision from thee officer that the credit & balances inn mai acc are not consistent wit mai declared monthly income.......therfore hs not satisfied dart †ђξ statement iss a true reflection off mai financial circumstances..therefore hs not satisfied & refused mai application on thee balance of probabilities that ​ meet all of †ђξ requiremnts of †ђξ relevant paragraph of thee UK immigration rules....yur right of appeal is limited!!!!!!watt do yu tink plsss m i under a ban or ςα̲̅ñ i appeal??th

I'm guessing that you have other sources of income which you goes into your account but were not explained in your application form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
NuNu08: i jes wanted to confirm if am under a ban cus hav read O̶̷̩̥̊͡ bout †ђξ Eco not stating if sum1 is bin ban....moreso itz mai 1st Cousin that invited me!! Everytin hav sed here s nuiiin buh the truth! So i jes need advice on the next step to take ..cus at the back of refusal paper †ђξ Eco states:;yur right of appeal is limited!! Dart scares me

Limited right of appeal is another way of saying....you don't have the right to appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2012
justwise:

Limited right of appeal is another way of saying....you don't have the right to appeal.
so yu mean i shud 4get about it 4 №ω?? Ow soon cann i re-apply 4 Visa again??s
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2012
NuNu08: so yu mean i shud 4get about it 4 №ω?? Ow soon cann i re-apply 4 Visa again??s

justwise:

I'm guessing that you have other sources of income which you goes into your account but were not explained in your application form?

You did not answer this question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by NuNu08(f): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2012
justwise:

i explaind in †ђξ form that i receive money 4rm late father'z estate which i also included †ђξ administration letter 4rm court....& also that i receive money 4rm mother & relatives
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2012

NuNu08: i explaind in †ђξ form that i receive money 4rm late father'z estate which i also included †ђξ administration letter 4rm court....& also that i receive money 4rm mother & relatives

The highlighted parts are the prob, based on the money you earn from your work or business you don't have strong financial strength to travel to the UK and come back without over staying, as an adult, you can't depend on gifts(money) from family members for foreign leisure trip.

Putting the money you got from your mum and other relatives into your account for the visa application shows that you don't earn enough to be able to make the trip without leaving you out of pocket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2012
what of if I applied as a trader/suppllier?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
jidebobo: what of if I applied as a trader/suppllier?
kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.