Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212718 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kweene78: 10:48am On Jan 12, 2012
Hello peeps,can anyone pls help with a list of schools in the US who accept a 2.2 and do not require GRE and the likes?I intend studying environmental management in the fall semester this year.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2012
speartaker:

if i can reschedule the interview, witout payin, then dat wont be a problem.

According to the info on US embassy's facebook page, if anyone missed his/her date during this week, the person has the priviledge to reschedule without penalty.

@kweene,

Try get the GRE done to enhance your admission chances. What's the range of your 2.2?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1

Anyone with common sense should know that MTN/GLO can never be compared with a foreign mission. Anyone with common sense should also know that since there is no bank statement to verify, then logically, there is no visa for the poster. Any call for him or her to come for visa means something else.

It is pure common sense, djunit1. How are you in New york City?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kweene78: 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
thanks imperiouxx. Its a 2.6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
whats up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kidUrbane: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
@shdnky,
I'm sorry about your case, I still would advise you not to fret, just be steadfast in your prayers there's nothing impossible for God.They're probably doing some other things on your application, I agree with DJunit that there's no way an embassy would be able to verify how much you have in your account, the bank would never disclose that.They can verify the account name and number though.and where did this happen, Lagos or Abuja embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2012
Alright
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kidUrbane: 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
@shdnky,
No wahala, Na God sure pass.I'll strongly suggest you do more than praying right now, are you a yoruba individual abi?if you're online on yahoo messenger leave your yahoo i.d and I'll give you some hint,
@House let us stop mentioning anything like oluwole on this thread you dont know who is looking.if you want to discuss anything beyond the usual simply request for I.D's and when giving out I.D's I'll suggest you chat with the person in beta warri phone or conc pidgin, just an advise,
@rowlandoo sorry for the late reply o, been kinda busy I've applied twice and I've been delayed no giving up o, we can help ourselves with questions but undergraduates only o.wishing all prospective fall applicants Good Luck not Jonathan o.lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
kkkkkkkkkkk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
kidUrbane:

@shdnky,
I'm sorry about your case, I still would advise you not to fret, just be steadfast in your prayers there's nothing impossible for God.They're probably doing some other things on your application, I agree with DJunit that there's no way an embassy would be able to verify how much you have in your account, the bank would never disclose that.They can verify the account name and number though.and where did this happen, Lagos or Abuja embassy?

I think its important that we don't mislead people here, the banks corporate with the embassies to make sure that individuals does not implicate them in any fraud, the banks disclose the amount you have in your account if that is the line of enquiry from the embassy.

The UK embassy has started publishing the list of banks that they don't accept bank statement from (though Nigeria is not in the list yet) because those banks have collaborated with some applicants to cheat the system.

And can we stop calling the name of God when we are in the processing of committing fraud?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kedionline: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
*** strolling thru the thread***

kidUrbane:

@shdnky,
I agree with DJunit that there's no way an embassy would be able to verify how much you have in your account, the bank would never disclose that.They can verify the account name and number though.
wrong ****
djunit1:

Nigerian embassy in the US can not call my bank to know how much I have because my business is not theirs.

I know for a fact that UK embassy is not able to ascertain the amount in the account because I know someone who went with OLUWOLE and got his Visa
wrong again ***

To say that embassies do not verify the amount in your account is false because they do. The UK embassy will tell you your exact balance at a particular date and time, as confirmed by your bank. Whether or not it violates your privacy, is another issue. I guess its somehow taken care of in one of those long statements we all sign without reading through.

speartaker:

Baba God na your hand i dey oh. Pls house i need help. My interview is on the 18th but my sponsor havent been able to get his bank statement since monday because of the national strike. And now we dont knw wen the strike will be calld off, he givs me no assurance of gettin it b4 18th. Pls baba imperiox,adebyte,nickyrich and any other person dat tinks he can throw ideas on this, wat do i do? I am so so confused. Baba God noni!!

If he has internet banking, you can get him to print you an online statement and explain to the embassy people why you have that.

***I'm out***
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1

Can you see now that you are wrong?
Embassies can verify if they want to. You should really desist from and stop to encourage fraudulent activities. If you could remember, you wanted to go to the US embassy with a FAKE WAEC certificate. I told you not to, and fortunately for you, you did not. With your experience at the US embassy, I think you should not be in support of fraud again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
Arroy

No time did I ever say I was going to the embassy with FAKE WAEC result. I said my original result looked fake because most of the grades had erased and asked if it would be ok to just just go with a print out of my result with a scratch card to Verify? My WAEC result is perfect and would get admission to any school so why would I go to the embassy with a FAKE result? Dont draw conclusions because you think you know it all,

I am still kicking even though this country is getting worse by the day

I say again Embassies have no access to your info except it is acquired fraudulently!!!! Laws in Nigeria are different from laws in the US in the sense that Nigerian Govt supports privacy but that is not the case in the US!!!! Govt wants access to your toilet!!!!! If embassies had access to all info I bet 80% of the people who get UK visas would be refused because they scrutinize these applications and still fail to detect fraud
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2012
@Speartaker,your case is even very easy to compare to mine,whose school resumes on 20th JAN. If i were u,whose school resumes on the 1st week of March,I'll simply reschedule my appointment to 3rd week of March,probably the strike must have ended by then,I'll then get a current bank statii,but as it stands now for me,I've got no other option,than to go for appointment as schedule,if not, my i-20 becomes invalid. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2012
But imperioux, my interview is comin week not dis week. Does it still apply dat we can reschedule witout penalty?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2012
@speartaker,i mean reschedule to 3rd week of Febuary,sorry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1:

Arroy

No time did I ever say I was going to the embassy with FAKE WAEC result. I said my original result looked fake because most of the grades had erased and asked if it would be ok to just just go with a print out of my result with a scratch card to Verify? My WAEC result is perfect and would get admission to any school so why would I go to the embassy with a FAKE result? Dont draw conclusions because you think you know it all,

I am still kicking even though this country is getting worse by the day

I say again Embassies have no access to your info except it is acquired fraudulently!!!! L[/b]aws in Nigeria are different from laws in the US in the sense that Nigerian Govt supports privacy but that is not the case in the US!!!! Govt wants access to your toilet!!!!! If embassies had access to all info I bet 80% of the people who get UK visas would be refused because they scrutinize these applications and still fail to detect fraud

What in the name of God are you talking about? Which info? You have given the embassy [b]all
the info about you, you have completed the visa application form and signed it declaring that all the info you provided to them are genuine, you have given them your bank statement, all they are doing is to call your bank to verify the info you have given them already willingly. So the issue of having access to the amount you have in your account doesn't hold water anymore because its in the bank statement you submitted.

All the embassy is doing is to verify those info you claimed to be genuine and your bank can only confirm it to be true or false.

The embassy is not calling your local bank or the agent who doctored the 'oluwole' bank statement, they are calling the head office to verify.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

What in the name of God are you talking about? Which info? You have given the embassy all the info about you, you have completed the visa application form and signed it declaring that all the info you provided to them are genuine, you have given them your bank statement, all they are doing is to call your bank to verify the info you have given them already willingly. So the issue of having access to the amount you have in your account doesn't hold water anymore because its in the bank statement you submitted.

All the embassy is doing is to verify those info you claimed to be genuine and your bank can only confirm it to be true or false.

The embassy is not calling your local bank or the agent who doctored the 'oluwole' bank statement, they are calling the head office to verify.
shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

What in the name of God are you talking about? Which info? You have given the embassy all the info about you, you have completed the visa application form and signed it declaring that all the info you provided to them are genuine, you have given them your bank statement, all they are doing is to call your bank to verify  the info you have given them already willingly. So the issue of having access to the amount you have in your account doesn't hold water anymore because its in the bank statement you submitted.

The embassy is not  calling your local bank or the agent who doctored the 'oluwole' bank statement, they are calling the head office to verify.

This makes perfect sense,  If during the application process there is a place you sign that gives the embassy authority to get all your info from your bank. I dont remember ever coming across anything like that during my process though. Thanks for the coaching,

Arroy

You see how people teach other people stuff? You have ideas but you believe the way to tell people is forcing them to agree with everything you say. If you had stated this I would have no reason to disagree wichu. Maybe you didn't know  grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2012
@all
Let us stop argueing over the issue of how bank statements are confirmed.most of us are the architect of our problerms/misfortunes . The most vital is that embassies like usa,uk and many more have specimens with which they compare most bank statements and other documents and so if any anormaly is found,that raise their suspicion and could lead to them wanting to confirm the authencity of
Such documents.the originality of the documents could be ascertsain in different ways
They can call the bank
They have agent and other courier working for them. These agents could be sent to the bank to confirm these document.

It may also interest u to know that these VOs are not witches or wizards. T
Within the embassay are forensic expert saddle with the sole function of comparing documents to determine it authenticity.

So I will advise everyone if possible to tender verifiable documents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1:

This makes perfect sense,  If during the application process there is a place you sign that gives the embassy authority to get all your info from your bank. I dont remember ever coming across anything like that during my process though. Thanks for the coaching,

Arroy

You see how people teach other people stuff? You have ideas but you believe the way to tell people is forcing them to agree with everything you say. If you had stated this I would have no reason to disagree wichu. Maybe you didn't know  grin grin grin grin

Check the last page of visa application form, read the declaration before you sign it and see what it says.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

What in the name of God are you talking about? Which info? You have given the embassy all the info about you, you have completed the visa application form and signed it declaring that all the info you provided to them are genuine, you have given them your bank statement, all they are doing is to call your bank to verify the info you have given them already willingly. So the issue of having access to the amount you have in your account doesn't hold water anymore because its in the bank statement you submitted.

but they rarely verify documents,I'm surprised to hear that someone's bank statii is being verified. shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
cleverdude:

but they rarely verify documents,I'm surprised to hear that someone's bank statii is being verified. shocked

How do they detect fraudulent document?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

How do they detect fraudulent document?
they do detect fraudulent documents by verifying,but on rare occasions,cos many do get their visas even with fruadulent documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
cleverdude:

they do detect fraudulent documents by verifying,but on rare occasions,cos many do get their visas even with fruadulent documents.

There is no water-tight system, occasionally people do get away with it but the number is not in the high side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
@justwise,I'd say that visa interview comprises of 70% speech presentation and 30% document presentation,that is why people with fraudulent documents at times convince the VO with the way they present their speech without the VO even raising an eyebrow and noticing the fraudulent documents,while some applicants are denied,despite their genuine documents,as a result of weak speech presentations.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
cleverdude:

@justwise,I'd say that visa interview comprises of 70% speech presentation and 30% document presentation,that is why people with fraudulent documents at times convince the VO with the way they present their speech without the VO even raising an eyebrow and noticing the fraudulent documents,while some applicants are denied,despite their genuine documents,as a result of weak speech presentations.

Genuine or fake document. . . no embassy guarantees you a visa, its a privilege and not a right. I still maintain that very few people get away with fraudulent documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
justwise:

Genuine or fake document. . . no embassy guarantees you a visa, its a privilege and not a right. I still maintain that very few people get away with fraudulent documents.
Ok Sir! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2012
@kweene,

2.6 on 5.0 scale is low. Try get that GRE, you would be good. If you need the new material, check my previous post around October you get the links there.

@speartaker,

Rescheduling at good time for you is allowed but don't let it get to rush hour else, you will need to ask for an emergency date

@clever,

They do verify based on their instincts, I witnessed such in recent time. The VO was saying they called twice to verify the account and the same outcome was gotten. So, be aware.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1

You waived your right to privacy and authorise the release of your information to the relevant authority when you sign the DS160 form. I am very aware of that; you are not.

At 7.55pm on June 24, 2010, you posted this on the Travel section of nairaland:

@Freeman thanks for the response. I really need assistance because in as much as I believe a lot in prayers I like to do my things so that when I lie a lie detector would not be able to catch me. House if you know any one that can help me arrange 'Oluwole' WAEC cert that would only change my age from 1988 to 1989 please hola at me because I dont want to give those idiots at the embassy any reason to turn me down. I am more than certain to get this Visa so I want to do my home work properly.

At 1.27pm on June 25, 2010, think2ce or aroy1 replied:

djunit1
Fake WAEC certificate easily can be detected via an embedded invisible security mark.

And at 3.58pm on June 25, 2010, you posted this:

Thanks think2ce I did not know there was a security or water mark on the WAEC Cert. With this info you have given me I would just take my original to the Embassy I know they have no choice but to give me Visa because God pass them!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
to all fraudsters with no brains

A genuine bank statement is a security print that contains invisible security insignia, just like money, visa, etc. It is extremely difficult for fraudsters to make security prints. A place like the US mission has the necessary equipment to check for the originality of a security print. A fraudulently obtained security print has a very high chance of being detected if subjected to security check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
Pls,yoruba peeps in the house,what is OLUWOLE?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.