Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212348 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nickyrich1: 6:11am On Jan 11, 2012
@speartaker.
U don't need any other document for your interview than following which my last VO told me
Visa Fee reciept
DS 160
I 20(signed by U and please make sure when u are writting your name its your family name first)
Printed copy of Sev reciept
Bank statement
Letter or proof you have a family in the aviation section(not friends oh or pastor lol)
Or proof you've been involved one way or another with airlines or aviation school  in Nigeria that's u know wetin u won gain after school.
Omo u need lie oh LOL,the school fees na change for your parents and you have the complete fees ready not excepting few balance later.

I was refused for personal reasons and my interview VO laugh she beg me to reapply telling me the primary reason she didn't give me and I should make sure I meet her on my next interview (I f**k up well to her before the interview because I never knew she too fit interview for visa)
First of all,I made a mistake on my DS 160. So I was asked to refill it outside the building which I did,when I came back to the building the hall was almost empty so I waited until this blonde small girl called me,she said am sorry the server is down and am unable to upload ur DS 160 I should hold on for her to take my finger print then send me to someone who will interview me. I sat and waited for over 3hours left alone with 4 VO no applicant left,they kept on walking straight to me asking what's the problem the blonde lady would reply for me its her fault they shouldn't bother me, to be serious I never knew she has authority to set an interview, so I thought she was there just to take the finger print of applicant,I was rude to her at one point that "THIS IS SO SAD BUT I KNOW DON'T HAVE BAD LUCK she turned and laugh some of the guys(white and black) came asking what happened she explained everything they all look straight at me and laugh leaving the hall saying he's all urs,I still asked I guess they are closed she replied me saying I will interview u, I was shocked already sweating while she laugh say I guess u never saw this coming,I told her am sorry she smiled back saying nevermind,she didn't ask anything serious saying she enjoyed my present with her and its obvious am applying for an immigrate visa not a student visa and that they've reached the limit for 2011 student visa that I should apply later and be LUCKY I interview U again.
So she told me what to do in quote if I don't meet her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2012
My hrt waz in my hands wen u received my package thinkin dat i will flop in my interview since i saw only my I-20. I even cried cuz i done even pay my feees part. But thanks to u guys imperious ans adebyte for takin my worries away. I will surely do as instructed. Pls wat is DS160 and how do i get mine cuz i dont knw wat it is. God be with me, i must join u guys by the end of the month. Thanks to ya all my dominus.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:24am On Jan 11, 2012
Wen i received my package i mean. Pls my interview is schedule to be 10am, so wen shud i b in the consulate? Thanks oncemore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2012
@speartaker.Ds160 is the non immigrant visa application form submitted online / electronically over the internet to the department of secretary of stateam .the consular use the form and part interview to access ur eligibility for the visa.Be there at the consulate at least 2 hours b4 ur scheduled time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2012
@adebyte, r u sayin dat if i hv paid for my interview, it means i am suppose to hv my DS160? Pls xplain to me more cuz i still dont understand. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 8:36am On Jan 11, 2012
Pls i am findin it dificult fillin my I-20. i need ur help so dat i dont make mistakes. If u can atleast send ur phone no to me so we can talk. Thanks dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:48am On Jan 11, 2012
@uberino and all,

Web got his belonging back yesterday at the same embassy. Thank God.

@speartake,

Read the I-20 you will know where necessary for you to sign. For DS160 (online visa application form), go to https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2012
My email adress is ebsuchoir@yahoo.com. Pls let me knw wen u send d number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by pointalert: 9:54am On Jan 11, 2012
@house,

Please do someone need to carry along photocopy of your original documents i.e DoB, bank receipt etc to the embassy since the business center out the embassy can be funny at times?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2012
kkkkkkkkkkk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2012
@shdnky. I must really commend u so far on your staedfastness and calmness during the interview process.I would not want you to fret urself on this issue because I sincere believe with any iota of doubt that u visa should be issued. One things that bothers me is ur bank statement. If u are definitely sure that the statement is geniue and real then u have no cause for alarm. You will definitely be contacted as soon as they verify its authenticicy.

Also I must really say again to every other poeple who will be going for their interview. Pls and pls ensure that u have all necessary documents with u . Both originals and copies. Do not risk anything. I know that shdnky would have got his visa on 1/10/12 had it been he had a copy of his waec result. Once bitten twice shy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
^^^ sure, he would have gotten it that first day though she was trying to nail him. Hope you weren't raising voice during the interview? Well, the administrative processing won't take time if not this strike that slows things down but as soon as they are through, you would be contacted via phone to come. I pray that the doc comes out real. About resumption, I doubt if you will make it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2012
@shdnky. Can u pls confirm the next term of entry after the 17th . If they really want to confirm the bank statement at this period in time , u may not make the 17th but no to worry. If u don't get a call between now and next week from them, u may anticipate joing them later for another entry but u will get ur visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2012
Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ade101(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2012
FOUND THIS PIECE OF INFO WHEN SEARCHING FOR WHAT CAN ENHANCE ONE CHANCES OF GETTING ASSISTANSHIP TO CANADA MASTERS PROGRAM

ENJOY,

"I am writing for those who are planning for higher studies. Probably the most frequent question comes to applicant’s mind is “What is most important for admission?” There is no common parameter that what I understood form my application and admission experience. For US/Canadian universities it seems applicant’s GPA, class rank (merit position), Statement of Purpose (Why interested in MS/PhD), GRE [as a standard measure for all applicants' admission test] and TOEFL for international students are important, research papers are very important when someone is applying for PhD or Research Assistance ship [one way of funding when one work for one professor's project and get tuition fee waiver and stipend for living].

For admission in US and most Canadian universities GRE act as an admission test which is required for all applicants including American or Canadian students. Why GRE is important because the applicants are from all over the world and when applicant’s university is unknown to graduate admission committee they look to the applicant’s GRE score for evaluating the applicant (and GRE act as a standard for all applicants as everyone has to take it no matter form where applicant did his undergrad/MS from). If GRE score is low and the university is pretty unknown then the chance become very low for acceptance.

Then TOEFL especially the spoken part is really important for those who wish to have a funding as a form of teaching assistant ship. TA ships are very competitive and given only to few applicants including American, Canadian or students coming from English spoken countries. If someone’s GPA or all other parts of profile are superb but TOEFL score is very low then chance of getting TA ship is rare because as a TA one has to interact with undergrad students and has to help the labs or grade their projects/quizzes and answer their queries.

Students have to submit both GRE and TOEFL scores for a application not either one. GRE and TOEFL are different exams and both are required for north American universities.

If you do bad or do not even participate in GRE and TOEFL then even if you get your admission, you might face problem getting your visa if one visa officer ask you for your GRE and TOEFL score. You may get admission into some low profile universities in US/Canada with low GRE or TOEFL score or even without appearing at GRE and TOEFL but when funding or good university is a concern then GRE and TOEFL matter. When you have admission but no funding offer form a university then it would be real hard to get a visa. But those who have funding offer VISA is nothing to worry about especially in US unless it is a real bad luck. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I know US embassy is even arranging seminar (I attended on in US Emabassy of BD) for attracting more students to apply for US as because last couple of years number of applicants decreased in alarming rate to US regarding VISA hassles. But now visa is real easy if someone has funding offer from a good university but they will definitely look to your profile for finding whether your sole goal for going to US is study.[/font]

Once students cross the minimum requirement of GRE score of one university say 1300 or Toefl iBT 100 then other factors become important like research paper (if applying for research assistantship or PhD), GPA and class position. Overally it is a whole package of your profile to make a successful application to get funding and admission.

If you have good scores in GRE and TOEFL then the whole world is open to you. So why not work for GRE and TOEFL from your early student life? It would hardly take 6 months for GRE and 1/2 two moths for TOEFL to make good scores. Work hard for building your future. Good luck. ""

SORRY FOR THE GUY'S WEAK COMMAND OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE BUT THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2012
shdnky:

I must really confess the document is Oluwole issued i dont even know what to think about now, and my agent is also confused he said in the recent years he had not come across us embassy calling to confirm bank statement i am so confused now

You've got it stalled then. Sure, they do and I have witnessed it before. They use their discretion sometimes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
@HOUSE, FOR THOSE OF YOU GOING FOR INTERVIEW DURING THIS NATIONAL STRIKE:

Important Notice!
During the national strike, the US Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate in Lagos are open during normal business hours for visa interviews and American Citizen Services. Until further notice, visa applicants in Abuja should go to the Embassy between 2:30 and 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, to retrieve their passports and visas. Passport pick-up is not available in Lagos, but applicants will be advised once passport pick-up arrangements are available. Applicants or their proxies must present their appointment letters when retrieving visas, and should not return for pickup until at least two days after their interviews.http//:www.ustraveldocs.com/nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2012
@shdnky. That is the problem. As u lay ur bed so ---. I will not lose hope. Something may have attracted them to ur statement and as at 1/11/12,they have no evidence to conclude that it is fake. All u need to do now is pray and fast that the date of resumption should prompt them to assume it to be real and overlook their initial opium. What bank did u use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 12:11am On Jan 12, 2012
shdnky:

I must really confess the document is Oluwole issued i dont even know what to think about now, and my agent is also confused he said in the recent years he had not come across us embassy calling to confirm bank statement i am so confused now

OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!

That word makes me laugh!!!!

Nothing is impossible for God,  One thing I know for sure is Embassies dont know how much there is in an account. They only verify the account numbers and Names on it,  Banks can not tell any body except the government how much you have in Your account. 

Except the embassy has a shady way of finding out,  I say this because everything is possible in Naija,

That said, I am still interested in the Guy who lost his Passport/Visa,  Tell us how you solved your case
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 2:21am On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1 They can find out if they want to. An Embassy is not anybody: it is a government, though minuscule.  Disclosure depends on the kind of agreement that exists between that embassy and the Nigerian government. That is why the British and Canadian missions can ascertain the information on the bank statement that you present to them.

shdnky Since Nigerian banks are always quick to confirm fraud, you should be careful if they call you to come for your visa. I would not support what djunit1 said that with God, frauds might be possible. Is the Almighty God fraudulent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 2:43am On Jan 12, 2012
Arroy

I am not here to argue with you.

Common sense tells us that the US embassy in Nigeria is nothing but a business and it is operated as such. I dont see how they are different from MTN [/i]or [i]Globacom

Nigerian embassy in the US can not call my bank to know how much I have because my business is not theirs.

shdnky if they call you to come for your Visa, my advice is go get it. Worse case scenario, they give your passport back to you without a Visa. During my interview, the guy who came with fake WAEC result was not arrested. He was denied and maybe banned! That is about all they do

I know for a fact that UK embassy is not able to ascertain the amount in the account because I know someone who went with OLUWOLE and got his Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 5:42am On Jan 12, 2012
Baba God na ur hand i dey oh. Pls house i need help. My interview is on the 18th but my sponsor havent been able to get his bank statement since monday because of the national strike. And now we dont knw wen the strike will be calld off, he givs me no assurance of gettin it b4 18th. Pls baba imperiox,adebyte,nickyrich and any other person dat tinks he can throw ideas on this, wat do i do? I am so so confused. Baba God noni!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 6:09am On Jan 12, 2012
@speartaker. I am very happy for u because I definitely believe that people like u goes in life to succeed because of u open mind and ethusiasm.if by any chance that the banks do not open before ur interview date, I would advise that u speak to ur sponsor to go to any branch of his bank and ask for a letter confirming that he is an account holder in the bank and that his account is operation from so so period to so so period.(I guess u understand this type of letter)
Also ask your sponsor if he has any statement at home that is not older that 3 months. Lastly anothr thing that u could do is to ask ur sponsor to pls print copies of his statement of account online for the last 3-6 months and write a letter in support of it explaining the circumstances behind why you have to present the copies and un certified. I think that this will help because it is better than not taking anything along with u on ur interview date. Also I must add this!if u sponsor is very close to u and really want to help, u can ask him to support u will some paper work like payslips, cheques,receipts showing possible transactions on his statement account if eventually printed online.with all these, u can defend the statement and get ur visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2012
one quick advice guys, pls if u coming to Yankee to hustle and u do not ve any1 very close here in Yankee to help U,Pls dont come o,believe me believe believe me, IT IS NOT SO EASY, So if u ve one small job back ome,stay and try mk enof money o cos dis Yankee na diff ball game, All d best for those going for their interview, Imper baba,Congrats, Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:41am On Jan 12, 2012
@djunit and aroy,

I don't know how the guy can escape this but nothing is impossible since the strike is affecting everything. If being caught, they do nothing to him than giving him back his passport and tell him that he and the person he used his name are both ban from entering US. He won't be arrested, I withnessed such recently.

@speartaker,

The strike is causing serious havoc to everyone including me. Going by adebyte's advice, I don't think people keep statement like that, secondly, I doubt if he will ever see anyone around the bank than security guys. If worse come to worst, just ask him to give you letter stating the reason why he couldn't get you the statement, get his payslip, bank receipts and if he do get online statement, you can print out that as adebyte told you. Yours won't be the first in this recent time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2012
@speartaker. If u think that any of the aforementioned solution proferred above is not feasible then I have got couple of questions for u.
1. When does ur school resumes
2. During this period of strike,have u witnessed any onyone that could not make his/her interview?
3. was their missed appointment for interviw re-scheduled for them without having to pay any money?or did they forfeit their money?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2012
@Speartaker,I'm as well going for my interview on the 18th of JAN at ABJ embassy by 10:45am. I haven't got my bank statii as well due to the national strike,but I have old statiis,reference letter from bank,and letter from sponsor stating the unavailability of the bank statii as a result of the strike,which I'm gonna use during the interview. Is this your first time to go for interview? I just pray we both get our visas,because this strike has affected our document availability,I can't even get my affidavit of support signed at the law court;well,I believe with God all things are possible,and that the VOs do understand our condition with respect to the national strike. AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:21am On Jan 12, 2012
@adebyte,I was told by friends at ABJ that all embassies at ABJ are all closed due to the national strike except US,at first i doubted it,but when I went to US embassy official website(www.ustraveldocs.com/nigeria),I found out that it's true,as you can see, I pasted it here on my last 3rd to last post. For that last question,I think Mr imperiouxx can clear that out,as he has talked about it before.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 9:07am On Jan 12, 2012
I am so indepted to u guys, adebyte and imperious. I dont knw why u guys hv decided to help me and i want to say i dont think i wud hv made it dis far witout u. The issue is dat i am not close to him. It waz my dad dat contacted him for me. I jst pray dat dstrike shud b calld off 2day. So it means dat outside dis there is nothin i can do? Like changing the date of the interview and so on? Pls God help me. Let the strike be calld off today in Jesus name amen. Once again, thanks alot adebyte and imperioux. U r my savin grace,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jan 12, 2012
djunit1:

OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!
OLUWOLE!!!!!!

That word makes me laugh!!!!

Nothing is impossible for God,  One thing I know for sure is Embassies dont know how much there is in an account. They only verify the account numbers and Names on it,  Banks can not tell any body except the government how much you have in Your account. 

Except the embassy has a shady way of finding out,  I say this because everything is possible in Naija,

That said, I am still interested in the Guy who lost his Passport/Visa,  Tell us how you solved your case

Which God are you calling in this case of fraud?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 9:45am On Jan 12, 2012
@adebyte, resumption is 1st wk of march and i havnt seen any dat missd d interview during dis strike. @cleverdude, dis is my 1st time and i dont hv any previous bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 9:53am On Jan 12, 2012
3. was their missed appointment for interviw re-scheduled for them without having to pay any money?or did they forfeit their money?
[quote][/quote]

if i can reschedule the interview, witout payin, then dat wont be a problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.