Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040264 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
justwise:

So she has to return to the UK then?

Justwise ... i dont know what you are driving at... But the choice is left for the family to follow.... Returning or not returning... they have to follow the UK rules and regulation and as one of my friend on this forum always say .... COST OOO... so it is there choice bruv... again i was reading the example under there situation on the link i posted and i believe it will give them a clear spreadsheet of their plans.. These examples makes life easier and they can plan it ... So bruv please stop thinking am trying to discredit your knowledge but i only paste what i know or have experienced... have a lovely weekend...

Example (a)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Australia but is returning with the applicant to the
UK to work. The applicant’s partner has been with working for the same employer for the
last 5 years in Australia earning a gross annual salary of £25,000. The applicant’s partner
has a confirmed job offer to start in the UK in 8 weeks of their return, with an annual starting
salary of £30,000. Therefore the applicant’s partner has both current gross annual salary
and a future starting salary which meet the financial requirement under Category A.

Example (b)
If, in the scenario at (a) above, the applicant’s partner overseas had been unemployed for
12 months, the financial requirement could not be met using Category A. This would be true
even if they had a job offer in the UK starting in 8 weeks of their return with a starting salary
of £30,000. The applicant’s partner can only rely on the income from a job offer in the UK
under Category A if they have been in employment overseas at the required level of income
for at least 6 months at the date of application.

Example (c)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Japan and is returning with the applicant to the
UK to work. She has been working for the same employer for 2 years in Japan and earns a
weekly wage. She has earned £495 each week for the last year.
Current non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6
month period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((26 weeks x 495) ÷ 6) x 12
= (12,870 ÷ 6) x 12
= £25,740
She has a confirmed offer of non-salaried employment in the UK to start within 5 weeks of
her return (paying £385 a week over a 12-month contract), so the annual starting income for
the job is equivalent to £20,000 a year.
So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.

Example (d)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Canada as a self-employed carpenter. She is
returning with the applicant to the UK to work as a salaried employee of a large construction
firm. The applicant’s partner has provided all of the specified evidence for her selfemployment
income for the last financial year. Her tax return shows her gross income as
being £19,200 for that year. She has a confirmed job offer with the construction firm to start
within 10 weeks of her return to the UK. The annual starting salary for this job is £20,500.
Therefore the applicant’s partner meets the financial requirement using Category A.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
KemBee86:

Ok o, apart from the financial requirement, how will she proof she meets accommodation requirement etc. I will advice the sponsor relocate to UK for about 6 months and they can then apply.
All these people looks for ways to deny applications, and thinking of d cost of application and lenght of appeal. I will advice it's better for sponsor to go back to UK, v evidence of good accommodation details..etc.

The question of accommodation is not to be directed to me bruv.. it is for the family.. Obviously if you are planning this they obviously would have accommodation planned . You are right about they look for ways to deny application i dont dispute that... but when all the rules and regulations are followed with original documents they have less choices to deny.

Yesterday, i was in a heated argument with some expats because Nigeria applications are tagged with fraudulent applications and documents submission; so our applications tends to be scrutinized and delayed. I was so upset but there is a bit of truth when records was shown.

Hopefully, things will change for good someday!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

Justwise ... i dont know what you are driving at... But the choice is left for the family to follow.... Returning or not returning... they have to follow the UK rules and regulation and as one of my friend on this forum always say .... COST OOO... so it is there choice bruv... again i was reading the example under there situation on the link i posted and i believe it will give them a clear spreadsheet of their plans.. These examples makes life easier and they can plan it ... So bruv please stop thinking am trying to discredit your knowledge but i only paste what i know or have experienced... have a lovely weekend...

Example (a)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Australia but is returning with the applicant to the
UK to work. The applicant’s partner has been with working for the same employer for the
last 5 years in Australia earning a gross annual salary of £25,000. The applicant’s partner
has a confirmed job offer to start in the UK in 8 weeks of their return, with an annual starting
salary of £30,000. Therefore the applicant’s partner has both current gross annual salary
and a future starting salary which meet the financial requirement under Category A.

Example (b)
If, in the scenario at (a) above, the applicant’s partner overseas had been unemployed for
12 months, the financial requirement could not be met using Category A. This would be true
even if they had a job offer in the UK starting in 8 weeks of their return with a starting salary
of £30,000. The applicant’s partner can only rely on the income from a job offer in the UK
under Category A if they have been in employment overseas at the required level of income
for at least 6 months at the date of application.

Example (c)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Japan and is returning with the applicant to the
UK to work. She has been working for the same employer for 2 years in Japan and earns a
weekly wage. She has earned £495 each week for the last year.
Current non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6
month period, divided by 6) x 12
= ((26 weeks x 495) ÷ 6) x 12
= (12,870 ÷ 6) x 12
= £25,740
She has a confirmed offer of non-salaried employment in the UK to start within 5 weeks of
her return (paying £385 a week over a 12-month contract), so the annual starting income for
the job is equivalent to £20,000 a year.
So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.

Example (d)
The applicant’s partner currently works in Canada as a self-employed carpenter. She is
returning
with the applicant to the UK to work as a salaried employee of a large construction
firm. The applicant’s partner has provided all of the specified evidence for her selfemployment
income for the last financial year. Her tax return shows her gross income as
being £19,200 for that year. She has a confirmed job offer with the construction firm to start
within 10 weeks of her return to the UK. The annual starting salary for this job is £20,500.
Therefore the applicant’s partner meets the financial requirement using Category A.

I don't really know what you are on about, every single material you copied and post here pointed out the obvious but you keep arguing against your own evidence.

You don't apply for spouse visa if you have no intention of returning to the UK to live and work with your partner.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
justwise:

I don't really know what you are on about, every single material you copied and post here pointed out the obvious but you keep arguing against your own evidence.

You don't apply for spouse visa if you have no intention of returning to the UK to live and work with your partner.

Arguing ... Here he comes again... can you not see that they intend to return to the UK to LIVE and WORK.... man i dont have time for this... and stop being so defensive...

REFRESH YOURSELF.......

Midazman:

Dear All,
Kindly advise on process and requirements for spouse visa to uk.
I've been married to my british-nigerian wife for 9yrs.
She's based here in nigeria with me.

what's the best way to deal?

experienced ones,- pls advise.
thanks a million
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

Important Note

Your wife doesn't have to return to UK provided they have a UK job offer earning at least £18,600 starting within 3 months of returning. If she has no job offer, then she will have to return home and find and work for at least 6 months before she can sponsor you.

You don't have to start kicking off i'm only pointing out your contradictions
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
justwise:

[/b]
You don't have to start kicking off i'm only pointing out your contradictions
I quote you ( every single material you copied and post here pointed out the obvious but you keep arguing against your own evidence.) so what does that mean...

You never cease to amaze me ... As i have quoted to you before that.... messages can be read in different meaning.... this sentence contain two parts (PART 1 Your wife doesn't have to return to UK provided they have a UK job offer ; PART 2 earning at least £18,600 starting within 3 months of returning)

What i meant by not returning is she does not need to return instantly, she can start looking for a job now and she must get a job in the uk which shows she is returning.... and most importantly it has to be a job offer 18600 plus.... and what the 3 month therefore means is that the sponsor (WIFE) has both current gross annual salary (in nigeria) and a future starting salary (in the Uk) which meet the financial requirement under Category A.

IS THAT CLEAR MY LORD!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

I quote you ( every single material you copied and post here pointed out the obvious but you keep arguing against your own evidence.) so what does that mean...

You never cease to amaze me ... As i have quoted to you before that.... messages can be read in different meaning.... this sentence contain two parts (PART 1 Your wife doesn't have to return to UK provided they have a UK job offer ; PART 2 earning at least £18,600 starting within 3 months of returning)

What i meant by not returning is she does not need to return instantly, she can start looking for a job now and she must get a job in the uk which shows she is returning.... and most importantly it has to be a job offer 18600 plus.... and what the 3 month therefore means is that the sponsor (WIFE) has both current gross annual salary (in nigeria) and a future starting salary (in the Uk) which meet the financial requirement under Category A.

IS THAT CLEAR MY LORD!!!

No.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
justwise:

No.

LMAOOO

OK i will paste you the links i have pasted before PLEASE READ section 5.2 or if you have time.. read through the whole financial requirement.... it helps.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

Arguing ... Here he comes again... can you not see that they intend to return to the UK to LIVE and WORK.... man i dont have time for this... and stop being so defensive...

REFRESH YOURSELF.......

Midazman:

Dear All,
Kindly advise on process and requirements for spouse visa to uk.
I've been married to my british-nigerian wife for 9yrs.
She's based here in nigeria with me.

what's the best way to deal?

experienced ones,- pls advise.
thanks a million

The question was not pointing towards 'they' . His question is very vague and subject to varying interpretation(s).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The question was not pointing towards 'they' . His question is very vague and subject to varying interpretation(s).

As for that post it was meant for justwise only .... and as for what you are driving at... that question he posted... I have asked him few other questions to know and see where they are driving at... so you maybe be right in regards of that question but as i said there was a discussion btw myself and justwise which warrants that....

And more also when it comes to spouse visa it is They not otherwise.... because sponsor and applicant are important... both of them will be submitting an application...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

As for that post it was meant for justwise only .... and as for what you are driving at... that question he posted... I have asked him few other questions to know and see where they are driving at... so you maybe be right in regards of that question but as i said there was a discussion btw myself and justwise which warrants that....

And more also when it comes to spouse visa it is They not otherwise.... because sponsor and applicant are important... both of them will be submitting an application...

It is an open forum, and anyone has the freedom to chip in whatever they feel might be important to the question.
Moreover, it can also be assumed that the spouse would remain in Nigeria, but OP wants to use wives status has a leverage.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It is an open forum, and anyone has the freedom to chip in whatever they feel might be important to the question.
Moreover, it can also be assumed that the spouse would remain in Nigeria, but OP wants to use wives status has a leverage.

OMG!!!!!Yes i know it is an open forum... and you are very right about adding to the question... But the rational behind my statement is... i was tagging that particular post to justwise!!! because he personally asked me something....and we were having a conversation.. dont take offense Mr lexus...

You have every right to comment to the guyz question... but you jumped into a conversation that myself and justwise are having so it might be confusing for you to understand except you scroll up , read everything we both have spoken about... so please dont take offense oo I beg SIR.... lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

OMG!!!!!Yes i know it is an open forum... and you are very right about adding to the question... But the rational behind my statement is... i was tagging that particular post to justwise!!! because he personally asked me something....and we were having a conversation.. dont take offense Mr lexus...

You have every right to comment to the guyz question... but you jumped into a conversation that myself and justwise are having so it might be confusing for you to understand except you scroll up , read everything we both have spoken about... so please dont take offense oo I beg SIR.... lol

Point taken.
I already read through both of your replies, prior to my response.
I am almost on the verge of buying boxing gloves for both of you, look for a venue and make or force both of you engage in a nairaland - friendly - bout.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Point taken.
I am almost on the verge of buying boxing gloves for both of you, look for a venue and make or force both of you engage in a nairaland - friendly - bout.

LMAOOOOO now you see... honestly... you should... lolol.. But na just misunderstanding it balls down to at the end of the day !!!!

Nice one bruv... 1 luv..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 5:02am On Apr 26, 2016
please, i have apply for a suponsor application to uk and i have a debit in Holland unclear in a bank, hope that will not affected my application? am so bother, advice. i make the application from Nigeria.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:13am On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:
please, i have apply for a suponsor application to uk and i have a debit in Holland unclear in a bank, hope that will not affected my application? am so bother, advice. i make the application from Nigeria.

'Debit in Holland unclear in bank' = Interpretation?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2016
hope this will not cause my refuse, I was thinking uk cant have the link to Holland?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:
hope this will not cause my refuse, I was thinking uk cant have the link to Holland?

Your question is very vague and confusing. But all embassies share intelligence(they have a common framework they tap into and can extract relevant information(s)!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:

As long as it is only debit... hope your name is not flagged? you need to be clear before we can help...
If it is only DEBIT then it can not affect your visa application.. but if otherwise .. you need to speak before we can give our best opinion.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:

Your thoughts are very wrong..... as in Very wrong...
NOW the UK government refuse people if you lie as little about being refuse for USA VISA...

Years ago Uk never bother if you are refused visa at usa or shengen but now it is on there application that you need to come clean... most especially shengen.. So bruv you thought wrong... if it is only debit you are safe... but if it is more than debit explain your situation and we can help with what we know..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2016
Thank, my problem is two I lie about. firstly that usa never refuse and my secondly, I have a debit I need to pay in Holland over 10month now, i withdrawal my reserve on my atm thinking that i will get pay at work but the company fraud me without not paying me with my benefit. but i came to Nigeria over 10month now, i know the bank will look for me to pay my debit but i just wrote a letter this month promising my bank to be paying 100euro per month. but i never hear any reply yet. am worry if that will not cause with my sponsor application in uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:08pm On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:
Thank, my problem is two I lie about. firstly that usa never refuse and my secondly, I have a debit I need to pay in Holland over 10month now, i withdrawal my reserve on my atm thinking that i will get pay at work but the company fraud me without not paying me with my benefit. but i came to Nigeria over 10month now, i know the bank will look for me to pay my debit but i just wrote a letter this month promising my bank to be paying 100euro per month. but i never hear any reply yet. am worry if that will not cause with my sponsor application in uk.

OK good you have made things a bit clear.... Have you submitted the application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by miko123: 3:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
yes, just last week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2016
miko123:
yes, just last week.

Bruv... stay positive!!!! it takes 15 working days!!! fingers croossed and God will surprise you... that is all i can say and keep you in my prayers..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
15 working day or 12 weeks? for sponsor visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2016
obabola123:
15 working day or 12 weeks? for sponsor visa?

OMG i thought he applied for Visitor Visa.... you are right if sponsor 12 weeks/ 60 days...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 4:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
Saratkum:
Thanks y'all! Its been a rough ride for us! Still feel like I am dreaming! Good luck to all of those still waiting/applying.. dont rush it and do priority if u can!
Here is our timeline:
Jan 8th 2016- Online Application submitted
Jan 12th - Hubby attended his Biometric in Lagos
Jan 21st- Documents recieved by the Sheffield office.
March 30th- Decision made email from Sheffield sent to our solicitor.
March 31st- TLS contact update and email about decision being made.
April 5th- TLS contact passport ready for collection update and email (Exactly 12 weeks on this day).

Collected passport today April 5th, visa granted from March 29th ^______^.

Thought I'd update this timeline or rather correct it in some level..

April 5th- TLS contact passport ready for collection update and email (Exactly 12 weeks on this day).
**From the excitement we didnt realise the actual passport wasnt stamped till the evening^^;;; We frantically started contacting our solicitor and the Sheffield office the next day and got an apologetic email from Sheffield admiting the error and asking us to resubmit the passport.

April 7th- Passport resubmited in Ikeja
April 13th- Email from Sheffield passport arrived and will be stamped and sent back same day
April 14th- Another email confirming its been sent and collect in 3-5days
April 18th- TLS update passport ready for collection
April 19th- Passport collected and finally actually STAMPED! With new decision letter giving us another 30days visa commencing on April 13th.
April 22nd-The hubby arrived and welcomed by the UK immigration officer for 20-30mins interrogation before being let go xD Its so good to have him back!

I doubt it will happen to any1 else but still...
Lesson to all: Plz do check ur passport when u collect in between jumping up n down after reading a successful decision letter. Good Luck to those still waiting xx

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Saratkum:

**From the excitement we didnt realise the actual passport wasnt stamped till the evening^^;;; We frantically started contacting our solicitor and the Sheffield office the next day and got an apologetic email from Sheffield admiting the error and asking us to resubmit the passport.

April 13th- Email from Sheffield passport arrived and will be stamped and sent back same day
April 19th- Passport collected and finally actually STAMPED! With new decision letter giving us another 30days visa commencing on April 13th.
April 22nd-The hubby arrived and welcomed by the UK immigration officer for 20-30mins interrogation before being let go xD Its so good to have him back!

Lesson to all: Plz do check ur passport when u collect in between jumping up n down after reading a successful decision letter. Good Luck to those still waiting xx

Thanks for this share....

can you also post this on this thread below under travel , so we can keep accumulating records to help other people...

Travel / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wow... thanks for this share!!! again lol i am curious about if you were interviewed or your husband?

Saratkum:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2016
Lexus Help oooo one Lecturer here is about to slaughter me lolol.... see pure BEEF!!! i think you need to buy another boxing gloves bruv...

Lexusgs430:

Point taken.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2016
tunderule2016:
Lexus Help oooo one Lecturer here is about to slaughter me lolol.... see pure BEEF!!! i think you need to buy another boxing gloves bruv...

No worry, I go get LASTMA to referee the bout. You are in safe hands. LOL

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
LMAOOOOOO

Lexusgs430:

No worry, I go get LASTMA to referee the bout. You are in safe hands. LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.