Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035247 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Irhu32: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks everyone! I am over the moon....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Irhu32:

Your days of sleeping alone, are now over..... (I refuse to tell Madam about those underG moves)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2017
Hello good people am still gathering and arranging my document and i know by Gods grace we will smile and to all that are expecting good news you will rejoice in Jesus name please a quick question

1. I have a laminated copy of my marriage certificate but i have since gotten the certified true copy from Koyi Registry.do i include the laminated copy in the document or just the certify true copy only will be enough or can i take a picture of the laminated copy only and include it with the true copy

2. i saw someone include tenancy agreement as a list of document to show they have lived togther in nigeria. please do i include it in my own case too as myself and wife have lived together since we got married 7 years ago. and what other things do i have to include as a proof that we have lived together

3.as for the communication logs i cannot print more than 3 month of MTN communication.please for those that have gotten there visa how did you handle that of communication.how do i go about it, how do i get communication evidence from the time we started 7 years ago she uses MTN here while in Nigeria

4. my birth certificate reads for example Olugbenga olusegun Adekola but all my certificate to university reads Olugbenga segun Adekola should i leave it like that or do a sworn affidavit to saying the two names are the same

5 the only evidence i have when i was courting my wife was the a face book page of her picture just 3 month before we got married,will this be be surficent as evidence since we both lost our phone, mine to water it fell into water and for her it was a techno phone just went blank. so for our past pictures we dont have much evidence.please if you have been in this situation i will like to hear from you please

Please oga Lexugs and any other good hearted person this question is for you please help i appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
Irhu32:
To God be the glory.My wife got entry clearance via today granted last week on the 13th. Thanks everyone for yr support and I hope you hear from them soon.Keep fingers crossed and try and distract yourself with any possible cos I tell you he no easy.
Online application 24Aug
Biometrics reg 28thAug
No email,no not straightforward application,no call to me or my employer or solicitor.
Decision made email 17th Nov
Dhl delivery of parcel 20th.
Good luck with everyone and if you need any info do give a text.

Congrats @Irhu32
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
readynow:
Hello good people am still gathering and arranging my document and i know by Gods grace we will smile and to all that are expecting good news you will rejoice in Jesus name please a quick question

1. I have a laminated copy of my marriage certificate but i have since gotten the certified true copy from Koyi Registry.do i include the laminated copy in the document or just the certify true copy only will be enough or can i take a picture of the laminated copy only and include it with the true copy

2. i saw someone include tenancy agreement as a list of document to show they have lived togther in nigeria. please do i include it in my own case too as myself and wife have lived together since we got married 7 years ago. and what other things do i have to include as a proof that we have lived together

3.as for the communication logs i cannot print more than 3 month of MTN communication.please for those that have gotten there visa how did you handle that of communication.how do i go about it, how do i get communication evidence from the time we started 7 years ago she uses MTN here while in Nigeria

4. my birth certificate reads for example Olugbenga olusegun Adekola but all my certificate to university reads Olugbenga segun Adekola should i leave it like that or do a sworn affidavit to saying the two names are the same

5 the only evidence i have when i was courting my wife was the a face book page of her picture just 3 month before we got married,will this be be surficent as evidence since we both lost our phone, mine to water it fell into water and for her it was a techno phone just went blank. so for our past pictures we dont have much evidence.please if you have been in this situation i will like to hear from you please

Please oga Lexugs and any other good hearted person this question is for you please help i appreciate

(3) Regarding communication log ----- Do you only chat via GSM ? whatsapp, BBM etc etc etc

(1) Include true certified copy + copy of laminated version (make a note on the laminated copy) + add notes in relevant section

(5) No backup pictures ?

(2) You can include all tenancy agreements, it proves you have lived together previously (but what is the current state of her present accommodation) ?

(4) Best to do an affidavit and state in relevant sections of your application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2017
Irhu32:
Congrats bro
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Irhu32: 10:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your days of sleeping alone, are now over..... (I refuse to tell Madam about those underG moves)......
Ahahahaha no more of those movies madam will fill in that space lol. Thanks everyone I really appreciate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2017
Irhu32:
To God be the glory.My wife got entry clearance via today granted last week on the 13th. Thanks everyone for yr support and I hope you hear from them soon.Keep fingers crossed and try and distract yourself with any possible cos I tell you he no easy.
Online application 24Aug
Biometrics reg 28thAug
No email,no not straightforward application,no call to me or my employer or solicitor.

Big congrats cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by knwuna: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2017
deebaby05:
Hello knwuna, it's possible to sell your property to make up the financial requirement. But you 'll need copy of documents to show that the property was yours before the sale and receipt after the sale cos you 'll need to explain how the bulk amount got into your account so they don't think you boŕrowed the money as in scam.

In my case I had a house and some lands in IBADAN b4 work xferred me to Agbara. I sold the house last year November and the lands early this year so it was in my account for a while and I had agreement document and receipts for the sale.

My agent also drew up an introduction letter stating the sales and date and meanwhile I had even mentioned him in my form where i was asked for source of extra income or something like that.

I hope this is ok.

@ deebaby05..Have really digested all your wonderful advice..and thanks for taking your time out of your busy schedule to respond timely.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2017
Aphrodite007:
Hi everyone, a quick question please. My sponsor meets the financial requirements of 3A (worked with his UK employer for 6 months). Do I have to include the other pages or do I just stop at page 6 and include the last page, page 13 (additional information). I don’t need to fill from page 7-13. Or should I cancel the pages?

Can someone please answer the above question? Thank you. Also the requirements say that I should include “a printed copy of my application and photo”.. please what’s this photo? My data page?

Finally does my sponsor have to include his passport or just a copy of his data page? Does he have to include his birth certificate or just a copy of his birth certificate? Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2017
Am not an expert and still awaiting our decision but I 'll try to answer as best as I can. Since your sponsor met the financial requirement, then you don't need to fill the other sections, just leave it blank but submit ALL the pages as they are already numbered.

The photo they r talking about is uk specification passport photograph.

As for your sponsors passport, I think a photocopy is ok and If he has travel stamps, you can pphotocopy those too and include to show that he travelled to see you though I believe they can get those informations from their systemsystem.m.

No need for his birth certificate.they don't need that for anything.

House, any correction to the above is welcomed.

Aphrodite007:

Can someone please answer the above question? Thank you. Also the requirements say that I should include “a printed copy of my application and photo”.. please what’s this photo? My data page?

Finally does my sponsor have to include his passport or just a copy of his data page? Does he have to include his birth certificate or just a copy of his birth certificate? Thank you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jaydee11: 11:27am On Nov 21, 2017
readynow:

Hello ready now, please I am trying to connect with you via your email. I need to ask questions about how you got your certified true copy of your marriage certificate because mine too is laminated and has a wrong age entered for me on the certificate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
@justwiswe, @Lexus, @ house, please is it possible that tlscontact will only update decision for 2 instead of 4. We were 4 that applied together but i only got mail from Tlscontact for 2 meanwhile they told us that we ll get everything together when we did biometrics.

Should I send them a complaint mail or just be calm?

Really worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by InGodIkukutrust: 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone, kudos to the likes of justwise, Lexus, and other gurus in the house. I've been following this thread for while, and I appreciate ur inputs in the success stories so far.
I need your brotherly advice, pls . I traveled to the UK in 2012, on a visiting visa with help of an agent. I had issue at the port of entry cos the lady that invited me was called and she didn't pick up. After the long hour delay, the eco asked if I had anyone to put up with in the UK, as a novice I said no. I called the agent in Nigeria and he arranged a lawyer, I spoke with her and I was taken to an hostel... The lawyer told me, if things get out of hand I should claim asylum to buy time since I wasn't allowed to go out, ehich i later did. Some Nigerians in the hostel gave me a clue on how to go about the asylum... A month after I was given an accommodation. I Couldn't work but I worked as a volunteer in an org. I ve a partner whom I met there and all is well. My asylum was refused and asked to leave UK. My partner was pregnant that moment and all efforts to stop my removal was futile. Well, I was removed in 2014 and after the fight for my stay we lost the 6months old pregnancy too. While on the plane, one of them (HO)told me I shouldn't feel bad cos if she can come home and marry me I will be back before I know it.... We are married now planning to process the application. Cos in the letter they gave me the HO stated that if I apply as a partner or as a father of a British child banned is not applicable to me. My lawyer said the same, that i should have apply all this while. what are the chances Pls advice
I forgot to add that we meet all the requirements too, British, finance and accommodation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Another one has graduated. Congrats to your wife please keep the good news coming people
Irhu32:
Online application 24Aug
Biometrics reg 28thAug
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Dear House,

Please anybody with experience or advice on this? Got decision made email from Tls today 59th day, hubby also received documents today in uk But I only received decision made email for 2 instead of 4. Same also on our profile.

deebaby05:
@justwiswe, @Lexus, @ house, please is it possible that tlscontact will only update decision for 2 instead of 4. We were 4 that applied together but i only got mail from Tlscontact for 2 meanwhile they told us that we ll get everything together when we did biometrics.

Really worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
deebaby05:
Am not an expert and still awaiting our decision but I 'll try to answer as best as I can. Since your sponsor met the financial requirement, then you don't need to fill the other sections, just leave it blank but submit ALL the pages as they are already numbered.

The photo they r talking about is uk specification passport photograph.

As for your sponsors passport, I think a photocopy is ok and If he has travel stamps, you can pphotocopy those too and include to show that he travelled to see you though I believe they can get those informations from their systemsystem.m.

No need for his birth certificate.they don't need that for anything.

House, any correction to the above is welcomed.

I can’t thank you enough kiss

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

(3) Regarding communication log ----- Do you only chat via GSM ? whatsapp, BBM etc etc etc

(1) Include true certified copy + copy of laminated version (make a note on the laminated copy) + add notes in relevant section

(5) No backup pictures ?

(2) You can include all tenancy agreements, it proves you have lived together previously (but what is the current state of her present accommodation) ?

(4) Best to do an affidavit and state in relevant sections of your application

Oga lexusgs thanks so much God bless you abundantly for your response i really appreciate since she left this January we only chat using Facebook and whats app and mostly what app call or sometimes Facebook calls

We have some few pictures dating back 2012 to 2016 together and with friends but no any Pre- marriage pix, but lots of wedding and engagement pix
I will try and get the tenancy agreement from my current landlord.As for her accommodation over there it is sorted out,she lives in a shared apartment and the landlord has written a letter that i can stay and she already has a tenancy agreement
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
readynow:

Oga lexusgs thanks so much God bless you abundantly for your response i really appreciate since she left this January we only chat using Facebook and whats app and mostly what app call or sometimes Facebook calls

We have some few pictures dating back 2012 to 2016 together and with friends but no any Pre- marriage pix, but lots of wedding and engagement pix
I will try and get the tenancy agreement from my current landlord.As for her accommodation over there it is sorted out,she lives in a shared apartment and the landlord has written a letter that i can stay and she already has a tenancy agreement

Is the property an HMO ?

Just organise all the pictures you snapped together.....

Print as much as u can off the whatsapp and facebook (not 500 pages o)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Jaydee11:

Hello ready now, please I am trying to connect with you via your email. I need to ask questions about how you got your certified true copy of your marriage certificate because mine too is laminated and has a wrong age entered for me on the certificate.

it is not difficult just go to the registery in ikoyi, tell them that there was a mistake when they were written your date of birth and that you had wanted to come but work will not allow you,do a sworn affidavit and take it there but you will pay i think 20,000 to get the certified true copy,that was how much i paid for it in 2016 when i did mine.it should take like 1 week to collect
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Guys, madam no get patience again o lol..
There's this ukvi site I saw to track our application but I think cos we applied outside the UK, nothing came out.
Who can pls help us with the tracking site that will work for us so I can send to madam to see herself. (Not the TLS own o)
Thank u guys!

Day 62 today
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jaydee11: 7:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
readynow:

it is not difficult just go to the registery in ikoyi, tell them that there was a mistake when they were written your date of birth and that you had wanted to come but work will not allow you,do a sworn affidavit and take it there but you will pay i think 20,000 to get the certified true copy,that was how much i paid for it in 2016 when i did mine.it should take like 1 week to collect

Thank you so much, I am very grateful. Will do just that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by InGodIkukutrust: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
InGodIkukutrust:
Hi everyone, kudos to the likes of justwise, Lexus, and other gurus in the house. I've been following this thread for while, and I appreciate ur inputs in the success stories so far.
I need your brotherly advice, pls . I traveled to the UK in 2012, on a visiting visa with help of an agent. I had issue at the port of entry cos the lady that invited me was called and she didn't pick up. After the long hour delay, the eco asked if I had anyone to put up with in the UK, as a novice I said no. I called the agent in Nigeria and he arranged a lawyer, I spoke with her and I was taken to an hostel... The lawyer told me, if things get out of hand I should claim asylum to buy time since I wasn't allowed to go out, ehich i later did. Some Nigerians in the hostel gave me a clue on how to go about the asylum... A month after I was given an accommodation. I Couldn't work but I worked as a volunteer in an org. I ve a partner whom I met there and all is well. My asylum was refused and asked to leave UK. My partner was pregnant that moment and all efforts to stop my removal was futile. Well, I was removed in 2014 and after the fight for my stay we lost the 6months old pregnancy too. While on the plane, one of them (HO)told me I shouldn't feel bad cos if she can come home and marry me I will be back before I know it.... We are married now planning to process the application. Cos in the letter they gave me the HO stated that if I apply as a partner or as a father of a British child banned is not applicable to me. My lawyer said the same, that i should have apply all this while. what are the chances Pls advice
I forgot to add that we meet all the requirements too, British, finance and accommodation.
@ justwise, and the rest of the house pls help
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
Just here to update, I was advised by the house that TLS wouldn't take documents but to my dismay they only took my husbands passport and scanned the front of his application form. No IHS, No TB, No VAF form, they said he's got to post every single document to Sheffield.

Is this what every one else has experienced please? I don't know if I'm over reacting but if we've spent £1500, the least they can do is scan the applicants docs while I post mine here in the UK. The most revolting part is TLS then sent a feedback request email. I mean is this a practical joke?

21 Nov - Passport taken, biometrics done
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
phatbaby1:
Just here to update, I was advised by the house that TLS wouldn't take documents but to my dismay they only took my husbands passport and scanned the front of his application form. No IHS, No TB, No VAF form, they said he's got to post every single document to Sheffield.

Is this what every one else has experienced please? I don't know if I'm over reacting but if we've spent £1500, the least they can do is scan the applicants docs while I post mine here in the UK. The most revolting part is TLS then sent a feedback request email. I mean is this a practical joke?

That's d standard, only the front page of the application form and passport will be collected at the biometric centre.
All supporting docs should be sent from the UK.
Hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
phatbaby1:

Well I think it’s safer to get the documents mailed to you in the UK then you mail everything to Sheffield yourself. It is better to guarantee that the documents have gotten to them than have them scan the documents and then some important pages would now be missing.

I know the price is outrageous but my dear, little price to pay to be with your partner.

Please did they keep his passport or tell him to mail it too? So all they wanted was just to scan the data page of the passport, no other document at all? Not even for sighting? I just want to know whether to just walk in with my passport or carry all my docs along for my biometrics. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Dear house,

I 've posted twice since afternoon asking and begging for advice but nobody seems interested.not really fair cos since I joined, I 've tried in my small way to answer questions.
I know awesome of us might be very busy but we r here to get encouragement and answers to our question cos this race is tasking.

Thanks all the same.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
deebaby05:

Really worried.

Sorry for late reply, what you are experiencing is normal with Tlscontact, the 4 applications are not always processed the same time, in many cases they are processed individually at different time.

You don't need to panic really as this happens even in visiting visa application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
InGodIkukutrust:

The good thing is that your wife came to Nigeria to get married to you, please focus on meeting every single requirements and state clearly what happened with your immigration history.

Nobody here can tell you truthfully what your chances are, like i said just focus on getting it right and hopefully your application will be a positive one

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks oga justwise, infact it's not me here at all.two things at once ( what I 'll see tomorrow and no info on kids).
The 2 that I didn't receive email are for my daughters. received mine and the smallest girl. Meanwhile they have returned documents to my hubby so what will they be using if they havnt decided on theirs? Just baffled.Really sorry for my rants, just emotional.

Thanks

justwise:

Sorry for late reply, what you are experiencing is normal with Tlscontact, the 4 applications are not always processed the same time, in many cases they are processed individually at different time.

You don't need to panic really as this happens even in visiting visa application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by InGodIkukutrust: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
justwise:

The good thing is that your wife came to Nigeria to get married to you, please focus on meeting every single requirements and state clearly what happened with your immigration history.

Nobody here can tell you truthfully what your chances are, like i said just focus on getting it right and hopefully your application will be a positive one
@ justwise, I so much appreciate your time to reply me. God bless you real good. Thank you.
I will put everything together and seek more advice as we proceed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello house,

Good evening to you all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student that just got into UK. I want to apply for dependent visa for my husband and baby. please do we need to show maintenance for the 3 of us? or only maintenance for my husband and baby? it is just the both of them applying, I am already in UK.

please I will appreciate your responses, please help me out. thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.