Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035164 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yes that is the standard procedure. They only take your passport and then the front page of your application. That is all. You are then advised to send all supporting docs to ur partner in the UK who in turn wuld add his or hers and send to Sheffield. The address would be given to you there if you dont have it. I tink someone (maybe me. Lol. ) asked this question some time in Oct abt docs to carry along while going for biometrics. Its all good. Notin to worry about. Now u can start ticking off the days in your calendar.

I wish you all the very best.

Ciao.

phatbaby1:
Just here to update, I was advised by the house that TLS wouldn't take documents but to my dismay they only took my husbands passport and scanned the front of his application form. No IHS, No TB, No VAF form, they said he's got to post every single document to Sheffield.

Is this what every one else has experienced please? I don't know if I'm over reacting but if we've spent £1500, the least they can do is scan the applicants docs while I post mine here in the UK. The most revolting part is TLS then sent a feedback request email. I mean is this a practical joke?

21 Nov - Passport taken, biometrics done
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Is the property an HMO ?

Just organise all the pictures you snapped together.....

Print as much as u can off the whatsapp and facebook (not 500 pages o)

Yes it is a multiple occupancy we have done the property inspection report.Thank you so much for your brotherly advice i appreciate and God bless you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
deebaby05:
Thanks oga justwise, infact it's not me here at all.two things at once ( what I 'll see tomorrow and no info on kids).
The 2 that I didn't receive email are for my daughters. received mine and the smallest girl. Meanwhile they have returned documents to my hubby so what will they be using if they havnt decided on theirs? Just baffled.Really sorry for my rants, just emotional.

Thanks

You will finally hear from them unfortunately not at the same time for all 4 applications, i got no idea why they separate it the way they do but this is common.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
InGodIkukutrust:

@ justwise, I so much appreciate your time to reply me. God bless you real good. Thank you.
I will put everything together and seek more advice as we proceed.

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Oh Thank you sooo much Oga justwise. You are really Just and wise.lol.
My heart rate is now normal and I can sleep ok since I now know it's common. I really appreciate you.
God will honour you as you keep helping People.
Below is what I saw on tls.

justwise:

You will finally hear from them unfortunately not at the same time for all 4 applications, i got no idea why they separate it the way they do but this is common.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
deebaby05:
Oh Thank you sooo much Oga justwise. You are really Just and wise.lol.
My heart rate is now normal and I can sleep ok since I now know it's common. I really appreciate you.
God will honour you as you keep helping People.
Below is what I saw on tls.

They don't always update your page in line with your application progress.

Thanks for your kind words.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
bestbian:
Hello house,

Good evening to you all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student that just got into UK. I want to apply for dependent visa for my husband and baby. please do we need to show maintenance for the 3 of us? or only maintenance for my husband and baby? it is just the both of them applying, I am already in UK.

please I will appreciate your responses, please help me out. thanks.

For example, a Tier 4 (General) applicant who is applying for leave to study in London at the
same time as their spouse and 2 children would need to show that they have £845 per month for
their spouse and a further £845 per month for each of their children, in addition to £1265 per
month required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold
£3800 in available funds up to a maximum of 9 months (3 x £845 = £2535 + £1265). (Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf)

Can I ask a question:
1. Are YOU self-sponsored or you are on a scholarship?
2. When Exactly did you arrive the UK?
3. It is actually expected that you show maintenance funds for: ANY Dependant as well as YOURSELF). Since you said you just arrived recently, it is expected that you still have a large chunk of the 9-month maintenance money you showed during your own application right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 10:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Well I think it’s safer to get the documents mailed to you in the UK then you mail everything to Sheffield yourself. It is better to guarantee that the documents have gotten to them than have them scan the documents and then some important pages would now be missing.

I know the price is outrageous but my dear, little price to pay to be with your partner.

Please did they keep his passport or tell him to mail it too? So all they wanted was just to scan the data page of the passport, no other document at all? Not even for sighting? I just want to know whether to just walk in with my passport or carry all my docs along for my biometrics. Thanks

They scanned and took the passport so yes just stroll in with the passport, application form and passport photo. The whole process is just something else! Good luck

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
ronvlaar:
Guys, madam no get patience again o lol..
There's this ukvi site I saw to track our application but I think cos we applied outside the UK, nothing came out.
Who can pls help us with the tracking site that will work for us so I can send to madam to see herself. (Not the TLS own o)
Thank u guys!

Day 62 today
Bro, saw ur mail but couldn't access it. Any questions I can help with?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lamakinde:

Bro, saw ur mail but couldn't access it. Any questions I can help with?

Where can I track my application pls (excluding TLS)
Madam no gree me rest
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 11:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
ronvlaar:

Madam no gree me rest

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

Used that link for my husband about 5 months ago.. i hope it is still available though.. try it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jaydee11: 1:45am On Nov 22, 2017
bestbian:
Hello house,

Good evening to you all, please I need help. I am a tier 4 student that just got into UK. I want to apply for dependent visa for my husband and baby. please do we need to show maintenance for the 3 of us? or only maintenance for my husband and baby? it is just the both of them applying, I am already in UK.

please I will appreciate your responses, please help me out. thanks.

Maintenance for 9months for ur hubby nd ur child is very important
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2017
LaaJiblik:

For example, a Tier 4 (General) applicant who is applying for leave to study in London at the
same time as their spouse and 2 children would need to show that they have £845 per month for
their spouse and a further £845 per month for each of their children, in addition to £1265 per
month required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold
£3800 in available funds up to a maximum of 9 months (3 x £845 = £2535 + £1265). (Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603815/PBS_dependent_guidance_Jan_2017.pdf)

Can I ask a question:
3. It is actually expected that you show maintenance funds for: ANY Dependant as well as YOURSELF). Since you said you just arrived recently, it is expected that you still have a large chunk of the 9-month maintenance money you showed during your own application right?

Thank you so much for your response. I am on a full tuition fee only scholarship. I arrived UK 2 weeks ago. I am outside London. Was just confused if they will still expect my own maintenance money as well in the account. Or just maintenance for my husband and baby without mine in it?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 22, 2017
Jaydee11:

Maintenance for 9months for ur hubby nd ur child is very important

Thank you so much for your response.
What about my own maintenance? Do they still expect in to be in the account together with my husband and baby maintenance? I am already in UK since 2 weeks ago and I am trying to bring them in.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 22, 2017
LaaJiblik:

Can I ask a question:

I am already in UK since 2 weeks ago, I am on a full tuition fee scholarship only. Just confused if immigration still expect to see my own maintenance money too, or just husband and baby maintenance is okay. Thanks for your response, I appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Minnienellie24:

Used that link for my husband about 5 months ago.. i hope it is still available though.. try it

I've tried d link already but I think it doesn't work for the GWF ref no.
Or how did u track yours if I may ask?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 8:44am On Nov 22, 2017
Good morning good people please I work as an IT Manager in my company. Should I include letter from my employer and my bank statement. I am the applicant here in Nigeria and my wife is the sponsor.my employer here is willing to assist with employment letter that I work with them but if it is not necessary I will forget it ,just your opinion. I had already fill the online form that I work
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:48am On Nov 22, 2017
ronvlaar:

I've tried d link already but I think it doesn't work for the GWF ref no.
Or how did u track yours if I may ask?
Thanks

It does work as I used the GWF number of Hubby's spouse visa and My grand dad's visiting visa both in June and July respectively. It could probably be that your number has not been updated or something.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2017
readynow:
Good morning good people please I work as an IT Manager in my company. Should I include letter from my employer and my bank statement. I am the applicant here in Nigeria and my wife is the sponsor.my employer here is willing to assist with employment letter that I work with them but if it is not necessary I will forget it ,just your opinion. I had already fill the online form that I work

I would advise you include it.. Any document your feel would boost your chances can never be too much. My hubby got no letter from any employer since he filled unemployed on the form. But since you have filled in you employment details, then back it up with necessary documents.
Good-luck Dear.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2017
bestbian:

I am already in UK since 2 weeks ago, I am on a full tuition fee scholarship only. Just confused if immigration still expect to see my own maintenance money too, or just husband and baby maintenance is okay. Thanks for your response, I appreciate

Two Weeks Ago. Means you still have your own Maintenance money in your account.

Full tuition ONLY means you are responsible for your own Maintenance right?

Given the Above, You need to show evidence of Maintenance funds for:
Your child
Your Husband
Yourself (Which shouldn't be much of a problem considering that you are expected to still have a humongous account balance since you are only "2 weeks old"in the UK
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2017
Minnienellie24:

It does work as I used the GWF number of Hubby's spouse visa and My grand dad's visiting visa both in June and July respectively. It could probably be that your number has not been updated or something.

Ok, thank u
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:22am On Nov 22, 2017
readynow:

I don’t think it’s necessary. You can include it if you want but the case officers only care about your partners employment letter and her banks statement... unless you have some money in your statement that can supplement her savings to reach the required financial capability.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 22, 2017
LaaJiblik:

Two Weeks Ago. Means you still have your own Maintenance money in your account.

Full tuition ONLY means you are responsible for your own Maintenance right?

Given the Above, You need to show evidence of Maintenance funds for:
Your child
Your Husband
Yourself (Which shouldn't be much of a problem considering that you are expected to still have a humongous account balance since you are only "2 weeks old"in the UK

Okay dear, yes I am responsible for my maintenance, it's just a 4 year PhD tuition fee covered. My brother the truth is that I don't have that maintenance again as we borrowed the money to use for visa processing and we have returned the money.

My husband and baby actually applied after I got my visa but they were denied visa. The reason given was that no enough evidence of relationship, even though we put our marriage certificate and baby birth certificate.

We have put in for administrative review for them but I am also preparing my self incase it doesn't come out positive.

So now we will have to borrow a huge sum to show for the 3 of us again if they have to reapply. Nah wah oh!!!

Thanks all the same, at least now I am aware of what's before me. Thanks dear and God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2017
God is good ooo and thanks @justwise for this forum and to the wonderful people of this house. Our Visa has been issued. Still waiting for 2 for my daughter's but I believe it will be issued also. Though I had submitted my application b4 I got this thread, I was able to use lots of advices. Like 3 weeks or so ago, I had to tell hubby to get his co tenant to write a letter that he's aware of our relocation and is ok with it and that the accommodation will not be overcrowded.

Timeline
Biometrics 31st August 2017
Parcel to Sheffield delivered 8th Sept 2017
Sheffield mail 10th Sept 2017
Tls mail for decision and pick up 22nd November 2017(59th day)
Visa actually issued 17th November 2017 but valid from 24th November to 24th December 2017

[author=justwise post=62595407]

Thanks for your kind words.[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 11:04am On Nov 22, 2017
Good morning my people, I have been following this thread for sometime now. I really appreciate everyone here.
Please I have few questions to ask;
1) my supporting documents has been returned to my husband since last week Tuesday (7th November). Up till now I haven't gotten any decision made email. And I can see from the previous post that most people get decision made email immediately they returned their supporting documents.
Do I have to send a message on tls website about it. Probably, they forgot to send me a mail or I should go to the embassy to check.
2) Can my husband (sponsor) call home office on my behalf?
Please I need your advice. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2017
deebaby05:
God is good ooo and thanks @justwise for this forum and to the wonderful people of this house. Our Visa has been issued. Still waiting for 2 for my daughter's but I believe it will be issued also. Though I had submitted my application b4 I got this thread, I was able to use lots of advices. Like 3 weeks or so ago, I had to tell hubby to get his co tenant to write a letter that he's aware of our relocation and is ok with it and that the accommodation will not be overcrowded.

Timeline
Biometrics 31st August 2017
Parcel to Sheffield delivered 8th Sept 2017
Sheffield mail 10th Sept 2017
Tls mail for decision and pick up 22nd November 2017(59th day)
Visa actually issued 17th November 2017 but valid from 24th November to 24th December 2017

author=justwise post=62595407]

Thanks for your kind words.

Congratulations. Happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2017
ronvlaar:

Madam no gree me rest
I used only tls, I tried the other one too but wasn't successful. Just hold on and check the TLScontact checker.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by LaaJiblik: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2017
Lamakinde:

I used only tls, I tried the other one too but wasn't successful. Just hold on and check the TLScontact checker.

The UKVI link only recognises your credentials (GWF or IHS Reference) AFTER decision has been made.
If you try it when they haven't made a decision yet, It will ALWAYS tell you it doesn't recognise the creds.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 11:17am On Nov 22, 2017
missboth:
Good morning my people, I have been following this thread for sometime now. I really appreciate everyone here.
1) my supporting documents has been returned to my husband since last week Tuesday (7th November). Up till now I haven't gotten any decision made email. And I can see from the previous post that most people get decision made email immediately they returned their supporting documents.
Do I have to send a message on tls website about it. Probably, they forgot to send me a mail or I should go to the embassy to check.
Well, it seems they have a lot on their table. Myself and someone got decision same day and passport delivery. We are yet to get our docs delivered and can't even track online since it is yet to be sent, according to the Royal mail staff. So, I will advise you relax as TLScontact and UKVI don't update their timeline same time in some cases.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2017
Lamakinde:

Well, it seems they have a lot on their table. Myself and someone got decision same day and passport delivery. We are yet to get our docs delivered and can't even track online since it is yet to be sent, according to the Royal mail staff. So, I will advise you relax as TLScontact and UKVI don't update their timeline same time in some cases.

Thank you so much. Fingers crossed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
missboth:

Try to track your application status using the link below if it would work for you..

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by missboth: 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
Minnienellie24:

Try to track your application status using the link below if it would work for you..

I just tried it. Showing not recognise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.