Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (41838 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Ivynwa(f): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2012
@perx
Note this

In one of the threads we opened asking for direction/contacts to charity organisation somebody reminded me of the "DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS" organisation which wasn't a bad idea.
Their website indicated that-----
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in nearly 70 countries to assist people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe. Doctors and nurses volunteer to provide urgent medical care in countries to victims of war and disaster regardless of race, religion, or politics. You can read more about them here    http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

I highlighted some areas there to draw your attention to a factor you can lay your hand on and use to approach them.

This is their contact Info in the United States

USA Headquarters
333 7th Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY  10001-5004

Phone: 212-679-6800
Fax: 212-679-7016

I didn't find any email address for them but if you want to send an e-mail you can click  on this http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/contact/ and click on the arrow in the menu bar at the place they wrote Email, choose "Questions/Research about MSF" and an e mail box will open through which you can send them an e-mail.

Hey! If your words are properly worded this can make the impact you need. I have no doubt that if you handle this well that you will get a listening ear from them. In your first mail you can request that an officer give you a good e-mail address through which you can forward them the pictures,X- rays and other stuffs okay or you can call them on the phone to get an e-mail address. You can get started on this first and send them a mail to begin communication with them. See how you can follow this organisation until you get a positive response from them, we truly want to see you get the medical help you need. I am still available to render any secretarial service/help you need when mailing them okay.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2012
^You are doing a wonderful job, God bless you. Don't stop though, we shouldn't put our proverbial eggs in one basket.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 5:39am On Jan 02, 2012
Busy_body:

This should be your anthem. I don't want to rain on your parade, but here goes:

dr Balogun is one of the most, if not the most influential and definitely the most selfless and invaluable person on NL, so anyone of his professional standing would equally dismiss you outrightly as a malingerer and hypochondriac. These people spend on average a decade in Medical School, so if i read you correctly, no Doctor will take you serious for plucking your "diagnosis" out of thin air/the internet. It is a dangerous and foolhardy path to tread.

I am not in the Medical field, but from the little i know, from the symptoms you have listed such as the fractures, the out-of-proportion chronic pain, the jerking and feeling as if someone is yanking your legs out of the socket, the shortening of the limbs, etc, you could equally be diagnosed with Osteoporosis+Fibromyalgia+Restless legs syndrome. YOU ARE ALREADY GETTING MEDICATION FOR THESE TRIO OF DIAGNOSIS, for which some could even say you are already being over-medicated for. And for your information, all those medication you are on have the potential to make you gain weight as one of their side effects.

If you manage to get to the US, they will bombard you with all sorts of tests and eventually  loads of medication, not because it is the right thing to do, bt because it is a highly litiguos environment whereby Doctors can be sued for near-misses and mishaps and misdiagnosis and whatnot. If you come to the UK, you would not get that much pain relief, you would get xrays and tests 18 months part at least, after spenging around 2 years on the waiting list, and if you wanna start telling your Doctor you have found out what is wrong with you on the internet and it is so, so, so and so syndrome, the next referral you would be getting would be to a Psychiatrist because in reality, most illnesses with the blanket term "syndrome" attached to it as a suffix is kinda like a temporary unbrella term for "we don't know what to file these symptoms under", hence the many other names these "syndromes are often known by.

To cut the long story short, at your age, you will not be deemed a suitable candidate for surgery, because, these joints have to be replaced every 10 to 15 years once they wear out, meaning you have to be replacing them based on the ones you get fitted with, and hey not every surgery works, i have met tons of people who regrets having operations as it did nothing to alleviate their pain and suffering and sometimes made it worse.

Based on those 3 diagnosis i listed up there, according to you, all you have had was an MRI scan, so you need to get yourself to an Hospital in Nigeria where you can have a bone density scan or an isotope scan or whatever to rule out whether your fractures is being caused by early onset of severe Osteoporosis.

Peradventure you have already been told you have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, this means damaged tissues, which means you would never be recommended for surgery because every joint would have to be replaced every 3 years on average, and there isn't enough downtime to recuperate from surgery if you have to be having them that close, so all you would keep getting is pain relief as you already are on, and you might possibly be referred to an intensive rehabilitation for pain management programme to help you learn pacing and coping skills to deal with these chronic pain.     

Anxiety and stress
would not get you anywhere, cast your absolute faith in God, It is well.

Whats all these fights and arguments for on this thread anyway? terrible distractionssssssssssssssss

@busybody - Thanks for your post. I did not state that I got my diagnosis from thin air/internet. I stated that since d docs in my state refused to do my surgery and said go abroad, I have emailed doctors in Europe, u.s.a and India my reports, x-rays, MRI and symptoms for their diagnosis, treatment and cost. They all gave different diagnosis/medical names including some of the ones u stated in your post and more but the one that fits my symptoms or what I have been experiencing for the past 4 years mostly is the RSD/CRPS when i checked them online.

the mri i did in luth cost[b] over 80k. they took over 4 hours to do it, i was in pain all through, i do not live in lagos, it was hell travelling to lag by road[/b]. on getting to my uncle's house after 4 hrs of mri, i got a call 1 hour later that i have to come back to luth the next day and do d mri again, wtf? they do not even know how to do it or give good reports properly. my coz in uk told me that mri does not take more than 30 minutes to do or get the results, then tell me where can i do d others u mentioned in nigeria and get a good result or diagnosis a hospital in the states said i should do a nerve conduction test and send d result to them via email. where do i do that in nigeria

As for doctor balogun I don’t give a damn how good u or people think he is, he cannot b good in all medical areas, he might be a pediatrician for all I know and has no idea about orthopedic or surgery. The fact is that I sent him an x-ray of my left fractured hip and my doctor's medical report which he requested for but he kept telling me that it is d x-ray of my right leg not left so I am a liar and said hurtful things through email. I DID NOT ASK HIM FOR MONEY, JUST HIS OPINION. NA WA OH

Just because whoever scanned and sent it to him did it upside down or didn’t position it properly b4 scanning/emailing it to him, he refused to believe me or what he saw. i sent the same things via email to docs/hospitals in u.s.a, europe and india but they never called me a liar or scammer - balogun is only in the uk but he has a typical/fool.ish mentality like some Nigerians = dumb as an arse

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 5:54am On Jan 02, 2012
CONTINUED
I cannot go to the internet café and scan it myself. The x-ray even had the letter L written/printed boldly on it which means left and not R for right, my doc report stated left too. I pointed it out to balogun and he was still adamant. this was before my right leg got affected too. ARRANT NONSENSE. How dare he call me a fraud even when I only asked for[b] his medical opinion not money[/b]. he does not even know how to view x-rays correctly. what an excellent doc indeed. na me get my body, so i no know where break or dey pain me? NA WA OH

He/anyone else thinking of - "malingering" - the term applies to persons who deliberately pretend to have an illness or "hypochondria" - Psychiatry or a person suffering from or subject to hypochondria or a person who worries or talks excessively about his or her health, should pray that doc balogun/u/whoever never gets a serious illness like mine/than mine so people dont call him a liar or a scammer because Karma comes around.

i have all my tests, docs reports in nigeria, emails from doctors/hospitals abroad etc, so to hell with whomever says i am a liar just because they are a quack doc or silly person. I WON'T SMILE AT THOSE INSULTS BUT YOU'VE GOT YOUR CHOICE & SO DO I.  i have different medical docs/labs numbers for verification. will u still believe or change your mind after seeing all that? noooo, because it is in u! U SAID U ARE NOT IN THE MEDICAL FIELD BUT YOU ARE GOING ON AND ON ABOUT MEDICAL THINGS AND CALLING ME NAMES/INSULTS. KILODE? SMH

i am getting agitated and upset now, i dont need this at all - some symptoms that makes my condition worse but i do not blame u though cos u do not know me or seen me like this. ITS EVERYONE'S CHOICE TO BELIEVE ME OR NOT - I CANNOT CONTROL THAT. come see for yourself if u want. yes i have gone from slim to fat from d beginning of my illness to now that i am on different medication. sooo what i cannot even move around properly with aid/help let alone do exercises or burn fat. U DO WELL OH busybody

@all u good and supportive people of NL (u know who u are) - GOD BLESS YOU ALL WITH GOOD HEALTH, JOY AND MUCH MORE IJN AMEN!

i wanted to start my blog today as some suggested but writing d above has made me tensed but i will be strong enough soon to start it soones[/b]t

Busy_body:

This should be your anthem. [s]I don't want to rain on your parade, but here goes:

Anxiety and stress would not get you anywhere[/s], cast your [b]absolute
faith in God, It is well.

I am the God that healeth thee
I am the Lord, your healer
I sent My word and healed your disease
I am the Lord, your healer

You are the God that healeth me
You are the Lord, my healer
You sent Your word and healed my disease
You are the Lord, my healer

I Am the God That Healeth Thee by Don Moen
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2012
Ivynwa:

Perx I opened threads asking for contact info of charity organisations from nairalanders living abroad. I posted it in the family, Romance, Properties, Auto and Politics section where people frequent most and here are the links below for you to be monitoring in case somebody sends you a useful piece of information there okay.

Romance Section              https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836032.0.html

Properties Section    https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835896.0.html

Autos Section               https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835895.0.html

Family Section      https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835893.0.html

Politics Section         https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-835892.0.html

Please Sweetie, I am sorry but I do not know whether you are feminine or masculine (you did not affix your gender in your profile), do let me know so that I can write your right gender as you can see I referred to you as a "he". Please don't be offended about that----just let me know and I will quickly change it.

Do you have an e-mail address that can be left on those threads so that whoever needs to contact you can do that. Have you ever googled for charity organisation as in searched for the contact address of some in the internet? Such info may be online. Your e-mail address is important, leave it here so that if I get info on any I can forward it to you. If your email address has your full names and you still want to maintain your anonymity, you can get another e-mail address that does not have your real names on it.

See whether you can do this - open a thread and copy on the details you listed here about the illness with pictures if possible and I can add the link to that your particular thread and remove the link to this thread so that people can easily go to your own very thread to read about it.
If there is something you wish changed in the thread do let me know okay Baby. Do keep your spirit up.

thanks a mil. female - sorry about that. profile modified. will check them out and do the blog. fingers crossed

maclatunji:

Busy_Body, For the love of God- why are you being insensitive to Perx? Pls. Keep whatever 'frank advice' you want to give her to yourself. I can try to ignore your back/forth with Shy-One/others  but when you start upsetting someone in serious pain who needs all the help she can get- I have to ask you to please SHUT-UP!

@Perx, I  urge you to try and ignore those hurtful things that Busy_Body has typed/copied and please focus on positive things like your blog. I suggest that you start with your blog early in the morning before reading anything on Nairaland. Stay strong and save your strength for your blog. By the way, where do you stay and when are you due to be in Lagos again?

@all, please if what you are going to type here does not help those whom this thread is supposed to help- kindly stay away. Don't attract ill to yourself because if you consciously cause some of the people on this thread pain- God himself will not forgive you.

i'll try, i am already in that mood but will get out of it soon cos its even making me type slowly or get my words or post right - been modifying forever. arggghhhhh. thank u
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Nekai(f): 12:37am On Jan 03, 2012
Perx,

No advice, just ((HUGS))

For you to still have a positive disposition means that you must have the patience of Job.

Good luck and God bless!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2012
Nekai:

Perx,

No advice, just ((HUGS))

For you to still have a positive disposition means that you must have the patience of Job.

Good luck and God bless!

over 4 years of being down and going through hell, i just don't know HOW i have stayed/lived this long
if anyone had forseen it or seen a vision years ago that i would be like this for years and i will just watch me deterioriating/getting worse,
stay alive and waste away, just existing and not living, I WONT BELIEVE IT

thank u and God bless too
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 7:38am On Jan 03, 2012
jay bee:

^^^
Don't you think it's better to channell all your energy into getting better albeit getting the right info and contacts you are seeking rather than engaging in back and forth bickering.
Good luck with you quest though and I pray everything goes well

true that. I WILL.God can do anything, He will make a way where there seem to be no way, He will make the impossibility possible in my life IJN
thanks
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Ivynwa(f): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2012
Perx this is the post I was telling you that you overlooked, check it out and send them a mail okay. The blog is important but while you are at it you can quickly start communicating with this organisation.
Somebody commented on this your thread  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-836032.0.html and tentatively asked about the amount still needed for your surgery. I don't know his motive for asking that, you can drop a reply on the thread for him. I asked him to contact you on this thread but do comment there in case he seriously wants to contribute or something. You need a working e-mail so that you can easily be contacted.

@perx
Note this

In one of the threads we opened asking for direction/contacts to charity organisation somebody reminded me of the "DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS" organisation which wasn't a bad idea.
Their website indicated that-----
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in nearly 70 countries to assist people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect, or catastrophe. Doctors and nurses volunteer to provide urgent medical care in countries to victims of war and disaster regardless of race, religion, or politics. You can read more about them here    http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

I highlighted some areas there to draw your attention to a factor you can lay your hand on and use to approach them.

This is their contact Info in the United States

USA Headquarters
333 7th Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY  10001-5004

Phone: 212-679-6800
Fax: 212-679-7016

I didn't find any email address for them but if you want to send an e-mail you can click  on this http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/contact/ and click on the arrow in the menu bar at the place they wrote Email, choose "Questions/Research about MSF" and an e mail box will open through which you can send them an e-mail.

Hey! If your words are properly worded this can make the impact you need. I have no doubt that if you handle this well that you will get a listening ear from them. In your first mail you can request that an officer give you a good e-mail address through which you can forward them the pictures,X- rays and other stuffs okay or you can call them on the phone to get an e-mail address. You can get started on this first and send them a mail to begin communication with them. See how you can follow this organisation until you get a positive response from them, we truly want to see you get the medical help you need. I am still available to render any secretarial service/help you need when mailing them okay.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 03, 2012
Perx I’ve been through illness so know what you are going through however you are going to have to channel that anger & frustration into trying to get better. You need all the strength that you have to fight this and you are going to have to convert that into positive strength.

Like you I used to be angry at the situation, People would say to me Thank God that you are alive and I would retort by saying why should God allow me to be ill in the first instance.

I will share with you how I coped through the dark days and Glory be to God I came out of the other side.

I printed off in huge colourful 32 Arial Bold font healing verses on A4 paper such as Joel 3:10 & Isaiah 41:10 and pasted them all over my bedroom wall. Which meant that the first thing I saw when I woke up was a healing verse or a promise from God. Funny enough I still have a few of them still stuck on my wall.

I had DVD players in all the rooms that I use and I used to listen to gospel music very loud. So in the kitchen I would hear music, In the bedroom I would hear music etc & the house was full of music. It took my mind off the illness.

At night I would have my Ipod plugged into my ears and I would listen to the bible being read all night long or put my TV on the UCB Bible reading channel and have it on all night.

I refused to be around negative people; people who complained about everything from the weather to the price of salt in the market; people in bad relationships and all they talked about was that, I refused to be around sad people & I would not even pick up their calls. Thank God for my crazy crazy sister who used to keep me in fits of laughter. She is the only one I knows who drives with the hood down in freezing November.

I refused to watch negative programs so the News was out. I used to love watching my detective dramas but programs like NCIS and Criminal Minds etc were all out. For entertainment I bought box sets of sitcoms such as The Crosbys and watched things like Everyone hates Chris and if I did want to watch a detective prog it will be one of the easier ones on the brian such as Murder she wrote. All old and boring I know but the idea is to watch something simple and something that will lighten up your mood. So basically filter what you watch and hear.

For books I read Christian books on people who had been healed; Copeland etc

I did not watch any Christian Channels because there is a lot of good and bad on there and its difficult to filter unless you have a particular pastor and you know what time exactly that he is broadcast on TV

I used to go for long walks to appreciate the beauty of nature and to refresh my mind. I appreciate that you may not be able to do this but if you have a garden you can sit in it and appreciate the flowers, trees etc.

Kids are also a very good source of laughter. So if you have any junior ones, nephews, nieces etc keep them close to you cos they are bound to say something that will make you laugh

Another thing is to stop looking up your illness on the internet. I used to do that and was more depressed every time I did so. Tell yourself that your case is different. I used to go to my gp and tell him what I read and he told me that he was a proper doctor not an internet doctor. Stop googling your illness and let the professionals do their job.

I can’t begin to understand what you are going through, but this is a battle that only you can fight and you have to be in the right frame of mind to do that. Write the blog that you have been advised to write and answer questions that people may have. You never know who may be reading and in a position to help.

I will keep you in my prayers. It is well with you. I am healed and so can you.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 11:44am On Jan 03, 2012
@chaircover, that was really sensitive and motivating
we have a lot in common like the detective films or series, music. i get angry, tensed and upset easily, etc.

there are spoilers, atrocious and encouragers everywhere and anywhere when one is in distress or down.
some tell u nice things while others tell u all hurtful things, then they later say let me leave u because of your condition - too late
i give them a standing ovation and a round of applause. God dey.

i will try d ones i can in your post. thanks and God bless. i'm happy 4 u. my friends and family are doing their best to get me the money that is why i am holding back - the blog i mean, so i may not need d blog or money from anyone else.

if it doesnt turn out fine and quick then i will blog away like a crazy person. uk, usa ,europe are more expensive than india in terms of medical fees, scans, mri, surgery, etc. i got so many estimates/cost through email [b]for one leg
. ranging from 15,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars minus[/b] visa fee, air tickets for 2 (i am a wheelchair user), bta, feeding, accommodation, rehabilitation/physio, etc

i pray and hope i get my healing soonest too IJN.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by malaika(f): 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
Prayers to all of you feeling down and troubled and (((HUGS)))

@Perx I know you've considered most places abroad but have you also considered South Africa? Our medical care is not bad at all and being on the continent still, it might be a more affordable option (not sure though just throwing it out there for you to investigate). There is a sizeable number of Nigerian specialists here who might want to take your case on and be more willing to negotiate on price seeing as it'll be a fellow country-man/woman.
As for feeding and accommodation I'd suggest you also also look to some fellow church people / relatives living here.

Good luck and never give up on yourself.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by malaika(f): 8:22am On Jan 04, 2012
malaika:

Prayers to all of you feeling down and troubled and (((HUGS)))

@Perx I know you've considered most places abroad but have you also considered South Africa? Our medical care is not bad at all and being on the continent still, it might be a more affordable option (not sure though just throwing it out there for you to investigate). There is a sizeable number of Nigerian specialists here who might want to take your case on and be more willing to negotiate on price seeing as it'll be a fellow country-man/woman. Good luck and never give up on yourself.

Well for whatever it's worth seeing as the thread has more or less gone to the dogs, see below info, might try to get more as the day goes if I don't get too busy: Google>> Dr Chinedu Dennis Agbazue, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Gauteng province, RSA

*you never know what miracles God can work with just one phone call / e-mail, never underestimate His grace and mercy*
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by ifyalways(f): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2012
^and also Dr/Prof Chukwu,the current minister of health.Hes also an Orthopadeic surgeon and pratices @ Ebonyi state teaching hospital.I think soliciting for help from either the ministry of health or to the Dr individually might be fruitful.

MTN foundation is another option.sending them an email wont be bad,who knows?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Ivynwa(f): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2012
@Perx
Girlfriend all these happened to show us what an indomitable spirit you have inside of you.
You shall not die dear, you shall live. When all this is over you will look back and be blessing God.
It is not good to get a bit rude sweetheart but we understand how you feel and you already
admitted to your mistake and corrected yourself. We all love peace and want to see you get the
help you need and recover quickly.

@Madam Chaircover
Madam you earned my respect again and again. I salute you for the way you brought on warm
sunshine like milk into this thread even though negative vibes did not allow that sun to shine out in the thread.
I was so wishing for a cool spirit to come into the thread then and thinking of
how to bring in that warmth but did not see.

When a good spirited person speaks one can't help but know that.
When the voting was going on, i wished for some other nairalander to win and smile because you
have won before but when I came across the way you advised a "troubled woman" very tactfully
in a thread during the xmas holiday----I gave it up to you then and voted for you as my candidates
were not nominated---lol. This is by the way.

Please let us keep loving and supporting ourselves people, you amazing people are already doing
a great job in this section and changing lives. May God bless everybody. Amen o-o-o.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by mukina2: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2012
Thread Unlocked!

Please no more more insults or derailment.

Thanks.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by ShyOne(f): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2012
Ivynwa:

@Perx
Girlfriend all these happened to show us what an indomitable spirit you have inside of you.
You shall not die dear, you shall live. When all this is over you will look back and be blessing God.
It is not good to get a bit rude sweetheart but we understand how you feel and you already
admitted to your mistake and corrected yourself. We all love peace and want to see you get the
help you need and recover quickly.

@Madam Chaircover
Madam you earned my respect again and again. I salute you for the way you brought on warm
sunshine like milk into this thread even though negative vibes did not allow that sun to shine out in the thread.
I was so wishing for a cool spirit to come into the thread then and thinking of
how to bring in that warmth but did not see.

When a good spirited person speaks one can't help but know that.
When the voting was going on, i wished for some other nairalander to win and smile because you
have won before but when I came across the way you advised a "troubled woman" very tactfully
in a thread during the xmas holiday----I gave it up to you then and voted for you as my candidates
were not nominated---lol. This is by the way.

Please let us keep loving and supporting ourselves people, you amazing people are already doing
a great job in this section and changing lives. May God bless everybody. Amen o-o-o.

Perx, both Ivy and Chair's words - walk-the-healing-talk and can assist in producing healing for you.  When 2 or more are gathered in my name (God's name) can produce results for you.

Anything you want in life, the requirement to receive that request is to go to God in prayer, song, belief, faith, actions.  Keeping joy in the forefront of your thought and life at all times, from pillar to post, room to room, moment to moment. 

Regardless to the signs or to the claim of differing symptoms - believe that God is and will be a present help in your time of need.  I was diagnosed with spots on my lungs (I used to smoke cigarettes some years back) and was on a breathing machine, I got on both knees and belly in prayer and I look back now and almost had forgotten that this was a diagnosis and symptoms that were so frightening.  Can you believe that I forgot that healing?  I was definitely healed of that, because there was nothing the doctors could do and here I am - I almost forgot that healing - it seems like a distant memory, only remembering it now because I am contributing to the thread. 

Also, another healing occurred - I was diagnosed with "Degenerative Joint Disease - a crippling, progressive form of Arthritis" - I was 22 years old when that was seen on xrays and diagnosed - what young 22 year old do you know that has Arthritis to this level of progression?  In order for the "devil to flee from you - it is critical that you deny him."  Devil's are "anything that is unlike God" - they aren't just spirits - they can be actions, words, diagnosis of dis-ease; those too are Devils. 

I am in my 30s now.  I again, got on my knees and belly - prostrating myself to my maker, knowing he and he alone holds the key to my life, my movement, my joy (I am made in God's image - that image isn't prone to malignancies, to limb damage or disabilities or uneveness [one leg shorter than the other] - Perx shorten your stay with that image, stop discussing it, turn your back on that claim, put that devil in it's place and tell it to "get thee behind me." - Talk up your healing, God makes us even.  He makes us un-open to atrocities or ridiculous diagnosis or outcomes.  God doesn't make mistakes - I am not a mistake - I am God's image and God's likeness and all of it is good.)

----------------------------------------
God has a law of adjustment "Man lives by divine decree. He is created, governed, supported, and controlled in accord with the law of God. Law means or implies a rule that is established and maintained by power; that which possesses permanence and stability; that which is unchanging, unyielding, and continuous-"the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." The efficiency of law rests entirely in the power that enforces it. A law (so called) that is incapable of being enforced is not law and bears no relationship to law. God is the only creator, the only lawmaker. "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." All the power, action, intelligence, life, and government in the universe belong to God and have always belonged to Him. He is the Supreme Ruler and does not share His power with another. 

When we understandingly declare that the law of God is present and is in operation, we have invoked or brought into action the whole law and the power of God. We have declared the truth, God's truth-and that truth of God is the law of annihilation, obliteration, and elimination to everything that is unlike Him. When we have stated this truth, and applied it, to any discordant belief with which we are confronted, we have done all that we can do and all that is necessary for us to do in the destruction of any manifestation of error that ever claimed to exist. Any Error (Error is a claim that something/anything exist outside of God), which has no place in divine Mind (God), claims to exist in human thought. When we have put it out of human thought, we have driven it out of the only place where it ever pretended to have a foothold, and thereafter to us it becomes nothing.

There is a law of God that is applicable to every conceivable phase of human experience, and no situation or condition can present itself to mortal (human) thought which can possibly exist outside of the direct influence of this infinite law. The effect of the operation of law is always to correct and govern, to harmonize and adjust.

Whatever is out of order or discordant can have no basic Principle of its own, but must come under the direct government of God through what may be termed God's law of adjustment. We are not responsible for the carrying out of this law. In fact, we can do nothing in any way to increase, stimulate, or intensify the action or operation of divine Mind, since it is constantly present, always operative, and never ceases to assert and declare itself when rightly appealed to.

All we have to do is to bring this law of adjustment into contact with our unfinished problem, and when we have done this we have performed our full duty. Someone may say, "How can the law of God, operating mentally, affect my problem, which is physical."  WE must know that all is God and seek God's presence everywhere we look - everywhere we walk and everywhere we talk.

The original definition of the word "disease" is lack of ease-discomfort, uneasiness, trouble, disquiet, annoyance, injury. "Disease," "is an image of thought externalized. The mental state becomes the material state. Whatever is cherished in human thought as the physical condition is imaged forth on the body." This also applies to heat, cold, hunger, poverty, or any form of discord, all of which are mental, though human mind regards them as material states. It can therefore be easily seen how the law of God, which is mental, can be applied to a physical problem."  (I am not the author,  of the above but I pay allegiance to those words and have received real healings from them as my actions fall in line with the authors)
------------------------------------------

Me, myself and I - we refuse to acknowledge or buy into fear or the fear of others when bodily ills, malformities or injuries present themselves to thought.  I have tested and found true in every sense of the word that God dictates, controls, governs my life and my limbs are here to follow suit in God's government--a government in which I reside that is all around me.  That includes the claim of pain, My God doesn't allow pain to know my name nor I to know pain's name and when pain tries to grab my attention and is screaming loudly.  It is my job to completely focus my mind and thoughts on joy, beauty, harmony.  Surrounding myself with classical and jazz music, artwork, I see God's magnificence everywhere I look.  Here is a client and VERY CLOSE FRIEND.  If you have a facebook account - request her friendship - she photograph's some of the most beautiful scenes - her artwork and photography brings joy to my mornings.  She finds the good in a drop of rain, a petal, a snowflake and flower.  The orb of the sun and its rays.  Just gorgeous.  (Facebook - the artist Wanakee Pugh)

Perx, if you have an email, I would like to send you some PDF attachments that would be very, very helpful to you.    t.rush@aol.com

My username on NL is Shy One but my real name is Tiara (it means Crown).
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:12pm On Jan 05, 2012
Shyone you are a spiritual woman I love that, thanks so much for opening the thread with hope and faith.Perx if anything needs to read every word you have typed and believe the Devil is a liar.I don't normally read essay like posts but anything that is straight from the heart I don't skip,you sure been through a lot but in all you challenged the Devil.Continue to have faith as it enables wen every other thing disables.Perx pls drop an email where we can contact you,we don't want you going through the illness alone.

PS-Oam4 Mukina thanks for detoxing the thread no wonder you the best mod muahh!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by ShyOne(f): 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^^

We are all spiritual AND I aggressively and actively claim my spirituality and at the same time while claiming it, I also give it back to it's maker - God.  God gave us DOMINION on this earth.  We can claim our dominion over the pandora's box of activity that comes in the forms of: loneliness - dis-ease - injury - illness - unemployment - fear - anger - attack by others and attack by ourselves (you can attack yourself by being a host or hostess to fear and dis-ease in your thought, actions and words)

or you can say ENOUGH

and bow out and turn your words, thoughts, attention and actions to that of your maker.  If God wants me to pay attention to him, he has to help me empty my life so that I can, I have to put distractions (illness, dis-ease, unemployment, arguments, misunderstandings, fear, etc.) to the side and not get caught up in Bull Shyte so I can focus on my Shyte, my walk, my talk, my mission that God has sent to me.  Every single one of us are CALLED to serve God on one level or another.   I can't adequately serve God if I live in pain, can barely walk.  This relationship with God is 2-way.  I have to do my part and I expect God to meet me ----- I need God and God needs me.

Ask Jonah, God needed Jonah and kept him in that belly of that whale until Jonah did as he was told to do.  God didn't pass over Jonah and say because Jonah isn't listening I will turn to someone else.  No, God needed Jonah and he forced Jonah to turn to him. 

God needs each of us, God needs me and I needed God to "image forth a healing" on my body (Basically your thought sees that healing before it hits your body).  I had to be open to it, believe that it would occur and EXPECT TO SEE IT OCCUR and actively work from that basis.   I had to be aggressive in my expectation that God is and has already handled my healing and I would and could not accept ANYTHING LESS.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2012
^Wow I have surely learnt a tin or 2 on healing,you are a blessing to this thread.Thanks againkiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by ceasyc(f): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2012
mukina2:

Thread Unlocked!

Please no more more insults or derailment.

Thanks.

yayyyy! thx 4 d clean up of dem insults, derailment and all
i hope perx will b back here or start d blog cos thread was locked and dem guys really got to her. she doesnt need all that

@shy one - that is just WOW. thx guys 4 your support and encouragement (u do know who u are)
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 10:12am On Jan 07, 2012
*sigh*. thank you all
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2012
When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up, To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity. . .

You raise me up, To more than I can be.

JOSH GROBAN LYRICS "You Raise Me Up"
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Idowuogbo(f): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2012
^hey perx how u doing,were you singin that song to me smiley.I still await your mail and a couple others also need an email to contact you,by d way happy new year and my name is Badosky cool
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:

^hey perx how u doing,were you singin that song to me smiley.I still await your mail and a couple others also need an email to contact you,by d way happy new year and my name is Badosky cool

thank you. email address is (mod). i did not want to give it out before because of d negative vibes and things that were said and done here

well i'm hanging in there. my physiotherapist is still looking for a doc to do my right leg surgery but no luck so far because of the christmas and new year season and the fuel crisis, they might go on strike. i'm tired of this P.O.P and staying in bed for more than 2 months now lying on my back only. we want to try a teaching hospital 1st before going to a private one. I live in Edo state

i hope they can fix my right leg in nigeria because surgery on 2 legs abroad would be financially crazy and if it is really RSD/CRPS i have then that is more money but cheaper than surgery. i did not want to come back here but thanks to those who encouraged me and cleaning up d thread.

i am compiling my pix and xrays, mri, test, etc, and also waiting for this right leg surgery in Nigeria, so that/before i can start my blog. i loved taking pix before but i hardly take pix of my affected legs since i got ill, my fam does not want pix or videos of my legs or condition even when i ask. i cannot take the pics myself but i think i can get a couple or more

i pray this wont cause more stiffness in my right leg (no exercise or movement). i was exercising and massaging it before the fracture but i cant do that now. when my left leg got affected since 2007, my right leg was my support when using crutches or walking aids and now it is broken. oh well. . .
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by Ivynwa(f): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:

@Idowuogbo
Lol at the bolded.
You girl! You are real humorous with your words, anyway I still love you so. wink

@Perx
It's pure joy to have you sharing again.
I love that song and this is the first time I am reading the lyrics clearly. Thanks for that.

I hope you have set one or two contacts in motion like approaching some of the contacts you have been given here like the ones given to you by lady Malaika and Ifyalways or even the "Doctors without borders" or other ones given to you by others. I am in support of the blog but you can still approach other contacts while you are at it, help may come faster through any way, you never know. I am only asking because we want to see something positive begin that will lead to your healing. Lots of hugs and love to you Baby.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2012
^^^ i am on it. thanks. my monthly night mtn internet subscription ended a few days ago. it gave me GPRS for a whole month, it was so slow and frustrating. even to send a short email was impossible sometimes. 2,500naira 3gb monthly wasnt bad but d slow thing gets on my nerves

i used to have WDCMA/HSDPA or whatever it is called and it was so fast but i dont know what happened
i did not want to go on mtn anymore so i am looking for another cheaper one but a fast one. glo goes off and on when u put it on WDCMA (the fast one) but it stays steady on Gsm only (edge). Glo is expensive sha, the one i am using now is 200mb for 1,000 naira. better than nothing sha

God bless you
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by tlops(m): 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2012
its funny what is legal is some places!

Ok! ***Removed**
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2012
^Oga that concept is not what we want to encourage on this thread. The very fact that it is mentioned could give people we are trying to help negative ideas. I beg you to remove it and modify the post. Thank you and God bless!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by ceasyc(f): 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2012
tlops:

its funny what is legal is some places!

http://www.exitinternational.net/page/Switzerland
IT STATES THAT "A PEACEFUL DEATH IS EVERYBODY'S RIGHT" "Assisted suicide has been legal in Switzerland since the 1940s. Indeed, assisted suicide in this country need not be performed by a medical doctor". U DO WELL OHHHH

it's legal there does not mean it shud b done but i can understand in some chronic or terminal cases sha but still undecided shocked

maclatunji:

^Oga that concept[b] is not what we want to encourage on this thread[/b]. The very fact that it is mentioned could give people we are trying to help negative ideas. I beg you to remove it and modify the post. Thank you and God bless!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by perx(f): 7:09am On Jan 11, 2012
^^^ true true.

Hi everyone. I have emailed some hospitals in south Africa, waiting for their response. thanks

9ija na waoh with this strike and fuel crisis. such a shame

how many miles/pains/shame/frustration, etc to go?

". . .she was running low on faith. . . It'd been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
she was going way too fast, Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes, She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared, She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel, Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance, To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

. . .And for the first time in a long time, She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way, I've been living my life
I know I've got to change, So from now on tonight

Jesus take the wheel, Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance, To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel"

CARRIE UNDERWOOD LYRICS "Jesus Take The Wheel"
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! by LaParisienne(f): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2012
@OP 
You are doing a wonderful job, keep up the good work. GOD is using you to save lives, and to give hope to the hopeless. Thank you for blessing our lives, GOD'S love will never depart from you. Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23)

Man Sexually Molested/harassed Shares Story Also Advises Parents (PHOTOS) / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / See What I observed After The Death Of My Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.